Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679282 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#393882 Oct 4, 2012
Catholics sodomize everyone....don't you know you Tools??? They are Pagan, Constantine adopted Paganism with Christianity....Tools...you are fooled...Don't you know???Stupid Tools???..The Priest swallows seman whole.....GO to Jehovah and get a real life you stupid, dumb TOOL......

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#393883 Oct 4, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only True Catholic Church
same old, same old, same old romanist rhetoric....

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#393884 Oct 4, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
same old, same old, same old romanist rhetoric....
U know the deal...suck hard and die....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#393886 Oct 4, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you have no Biblical proof that those two you mentioned will be the two witnesses, so you are just as bad as robert, by ass uming.
they have done their job and received their reward, leave them alone.
their bodies have been changed(per the witness) as he and moses appeared to christ.
that body is not going to be changed back to a mortal body that can taste of death.
Common sense 101, are you like that drunk, you slept through that class?
~~~

Pro 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

Pro 21:24 Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.
~~~

Location hidden

#393887 Oct 4, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
....Isaac and Rebekah are not God and Mary,
....Isaac and Rebekah are not Joseph and Mary....
I think we covered a lot on the firstborn issue, and we deviate from the central beliefs offered by reading the Bible in the light of different traditions here, concerning Jesus being the only son of Mary....
I once thought he did have brothers and surface, I just learned that my thoughts not correct....
Did I say Isaac and Rebekah are God and Mary???? Did I say they are Joseph and Mary? Of course not!!!!!

Am showing again, from Scripture, for there to be a firstborn, multiple births must follow....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#393888 Oct 4, 2012
Confrinting wrote:
"7th Day Catholics Rock"
Christ said he would speak to us in dreams and visions not by Grandpa coming back from the dead and dying again. It is appointed unto man once to die. Only during Christ time and the apostles was there such a case. Makes your whole testimony sound like a bunch of Boloney.
Preston misses the mark with his critical tongue, but his experience with his grandpa may well be true. There are many such instances.
KayMarie
Yes there may be a angles present to comfort one at death the spirit ones breath goes back to God who gave it. Beyond that one is in the grave without knowledge of anything under the sun etc. til the resurrection.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#393889 Oct 4, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>likewise, you catholics have proven she is very important to your type of false religion.
I know God well enough to know that you people are gonna have a day of reckoning someday, as He said in Revelations.
Mary was a very speial part of Gods plan to bring our redeemer in this world, that being said, that part never placed her on her own throne in Heaven beside God and Jesus
BTW, any lying post that you will ever make on this forum, I will counter it with Biblical truths, count on it.

~~~

Pro 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

Pro 21:24 Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#393890 Oct 4, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>no problem, you are a good woman.
I just dont want to pick on you and reggie both,
especially since I cant see very good myself.
as a yound child(in the second grade) I shot a cap gun and the spark flew up in my left eye, I almost lost it, and I have around 20/200 in it now
WOW and you saw Jesus ona airplane over Vietnam. Amazing..........lol
marge

Leesburg, GA

#393891 Oct 4, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Much more than anyhalf-step.
In denying thatJesus had any human parentage, they sever the connection He has to our humanity.
We might just as well have been saved by an angel.
In Pres' embryo model, the "humanity" of Jesus becomes a Joke, complely irrelevant.
God wanted us saved by On Like Us, in all things but sin.
Rob
just read matt 1, you can never accuse us because we believe what is Written, and give the Word Jesus All the authority. rob and robert
marge

Leesburg, GA

#393892 Oct 4, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Gramps is DEAD and in the Grave til the reurrection. You have not been paying attention have YOU ?
lol
marge

Leesburg, GA

#393893 Oct 4, 2012
my introduction to evil was from halloween, named my new black kitty salem, and even summonded the dead. It's evil i tell ya, no reason to show this to children.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#393894 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>Yes there may be a angles present to comfort one at death the spirit ones breath goes back to God who gave it. Beyond that one is in the grave without knowledge of anything under the sun etc. til the resurrection.
you and preston both said angles instead of angels, just saying:)

And i still say the spirit of those died in the Lord is resting or sleeping and even being comforted till the Last Day when we will go to heaven with Jesus, hardly alone is what i'm saying but agree no knolwedge of earth:)
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#393895 Oct 4, 2012
Here are some of obuma accomplishments that I found posted somewhere. Really hard to run on this record.
- Over 8% unemployment for 44 consecutive months, a record high in our history.
- Minority unemployment highest in 35 years.
- Young unemployment (16 - 25 year olds) highest since records kept in 1952.
- 36% increase in homelessness, highest increase under any president.

- 38% increase in those
living at or below poverty, highest increase under any president.
- 25% increase in home foreclosures.
- Lowest consecutive GDPs in several decades.
- Worse recovery numbers in our history.
- 52% increase in the debt, highest increase in our history.
- Spent more in 4 years than all other administrations combined.
- 2 credit downgrades, the first in our history both under O.
- 3 debt ceiling increases in 3.5 years, a new record.
- First time in our history more entry level jobs created than skilled.
- First time in our history only 47% of workforce is full time.
- Wages have fallen $3,400 first time in many decades.
- First time in our history more people going on disability than getting jobs.
- First time in our history more people committing suicide than dying in car accidents.
- First time in our history going to war without congressional approval.
- 3 wars instead of 2.
- Lowest labor participation rates in 35 years.
- Historic high number of people out of the workforce
- 4.5x more people on food stamps.
- 1 in 6 on welfare 4 years ago was 1 in 19.
- 52% of stimulus money went to foreign companies, including chrysler - Italian owned.
- First time in our history government has taken over the any industry.
- Energy costs up 32%.
- Gas prices have doubled
- Medical insurance premiums up 32%.
- 15% more Americans WITHOUT healthcare than 4 years ago.
- Complains about oil companies getting $2.8 billion in "corp welfare" but then gives $90 billion of corp welfare to 9 green companies, 7 of which were Bankrupt within 18 months, 2 took the money moved to China and started operations there.
- American education has fallen vs other countries under O.
- First time an American ambassador has been killed since, well the first Carter administration.
Now Really ARE WE BETTER OFF THAN WE WERE FOUR YEARS AGO?
THIS IS THE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#393896 Oct 4, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
you and preston both said angles instead of angels, just saying:)
And i still say the spirit of those died in the Lord is resting or sleeping and even being comforted till the Last Day when we will go to heaven with Jesus, hardly alone is what i'm saying but agree no knolwedge of earth:)
Yes I do that alot then notice after I post but to much time wasted ackowledging it after the fact. ;-)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#393897 Oct 4, 2012
dumb and dumber, get it, rob and robert.

No bad feelings i love big dummies!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#393898 Oct 4, 2012
of course as soon as i accuse someone of bad spelling my own is the same. May God the Father have mercy on all our souls in Jesus name I pray.
preston

Athens, OH

#393899 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>Gramps is DEAD and in the Grave til the reurrection. You have not been paying attention have YOU ?
just because mr fraud beleives that, doesnt make it true.

Jesus told the malefactor, today, you will be with me in paradise.

maybe you and him believe that jesus lied, I dont.

my grandfather told me that it was a beautiful land, he was a farmer, farmed by horses until he came down with cancer, so he ought to know beautiful land if he saw it.

and in Aug 1982, while under conviction, I spoke to God about that talk that my grandfather and I had and I assked god this questtion,

"when am I going to do the work that you wanted me to do?"

and he answered me in a very strange way. immediately, darkness fell over my eyes and this happened around 6 times or so.and the following week, I was Saved.

lst night, I replied to regg and in that reply, I spoke about God telling me that I knew what he wanted with me and I disobeyed Him, and he was very displeased with me.

it all goes together and you not believing makes no difference to God and me.

since mr fraud beleives that those mansions are done yet, I find that very amusing that he or anyone else could limit God.

I remember that it only took God to make everything in just 6 little daysand to think that he cant make enough mansions for us now is ludicrious.

Jesus only has to speak the Word and all that we would ever need would be made instantly.

I beleive very firmly that if I die before the Rapture, my mansion will be waiting for me, I will not have to wait one second.

Now you got that from someone who knows what they are talking about ,unlike mr fraud!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#393900 Oct 4, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Robert,
2 Thessalonians 2:11
11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
Robert wrote:
That delusion could be anything that stands between God and the believeer....
Thats exactly what i'm saying Robert, it's like you put Mary between God and the believer when you ask her to pray for you.
<quoted text>
The answer is no. Marge can hear your requests and pray those requests to God the Father thru the God the Son. Mary can do nothing. Mary is dead in her body and her spirit is present with the Lord.
II Corinthians 5:8, "We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord."
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings OldJG good friend
The RCC dogma includes the Assumption of Mary body and soul into heaven. The question of her death becomes irrelevant....
So we are happy to labor and to please Him....
Please provide Biblical proof regarding the assumption of Mary. Just one verse would do it. Come on man, you can do it. You made the statement therefore the burden of proof is on you. Think real hard and then either throw your Bible in the garbage or apologize. Your call!

Definition of assumption.....something taken for granted, hypothesis, conjecture, guess, theory, arrogance.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#393901 Oct 4, 2012
The Assumption of Mary (or the Assumption of the Virgin) is a doctrine which teaches that after the mother of Jesus died, she was resurrected, glorified, and taken bodily to heaven. The word assumption is taken from a Latin word meaning “to take up.” The Assumption of Mary is taught by the Roman Catholic Church and, to a lesser degree, the Eastern Orthodox Church.

The doctrine of the Assumption of Mary had its beginnings in the Byzantine Empire around the 6th Century. An annual feast honoring Mary gradually grew into a commemoration of Mary’s death called the Feast of Dormition (“falling asleep”). As the practice spread to the West, an emphasis was placed on Mary’s resurrection, and the glorification of Mary’s body as well as her soul, and the name of the feast was thereby changed to the Assumption. It is still observed on August 15, as it was in the Middle Ages. The Assumption of Mary was made an official dogma of the Roman Catholic Church in 1950 by Pope Pius XII.

The Bible does not record Mary's death or again mention Mary after Acts chapter 1. Rather, the doctrine of the Assumption is the result of lifting Mary to a position comparable to that of her Son. Some Roman Catholics go so far as to teach that Mary was resurrected on the third day, just like Jesus, and that Mary ascended into Heaven, just like Jesus. The New Testament teaches that Jesus was resurrected on the third day (Luke 24:7) and that He ascended bodily into heaven (Acts 1:9). To assume the same thing concerning Mary is to ascribe to her some of the attributes of Christ. In the Roman Catholic Church the Assumption of Mary is an important step towards why Mary is venerated, worshipped, adored, and prayed to. To teach the Assumption of Mary is a step toward making her equal to Christ, essentially proclaiming Mary’s deity.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#393902 Oct 4, 2012
The Roman Catholic Catechism states:

Finally the Immaculate Virgin, preserved free from all stain of original sin, when the course of her earthly life was finished, was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory, and exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things, so that she might be the more fully conformed to her Son, the Lord of lords and conqueror of sin and death. The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin is a singular participation in her Son's Resurrection and an anticipation of the resurrection of other Christians:

In giving birth you kept your virginity; in your Dormition you did not leave the world, O Mother of God, but were joined to the source of Life. You conceived the living God and, by your prayers, will deliver our souls from death.

The Most Blessed Virgin Mary, when the course of her earthly life was completed, was taken up body and soul into the glory of heaven, where she already shares in the glory of her Son's Resurrection, anticipating the resurrection of all members of his Body.

The Bible states.....

There is no biblical reference to the assumption of Mary. The Gospel of John was written around 90 A.D., which is more than 100 years after Mary was born.(Surely Mary was more than ten years old when Jesus was conceived.) If Mary had been supernaturally assumed into Heaven, wouldn't John (the disciple that Mary lived with) have mentioned it? When Enoch and Elijah were taken up to Heaven, the Bible recorded it. With Elijah it was recorded in some detail.(See Genesis 6:24 and 2 Kings 2:1-18.)

The Assumption of Mary was officially declared to be a dogma of the Roman Catholic faith in 1950. This means that every Roman Catholic is required to believe this doctrine without questioning it. However, as we will see, the teaching of the Assumption originated with heretical writings which were officially condemned by the early Church.

In 495 A.D., Pope Gelasius issued a decree which rejected this teaching as heresy and its proponents as heretics. In the sixth century, Pope Hormisdas also condemned as heretics those authors who taught the doctrine of the Assumption of Mary.

The early Church clearly considered the doctrine of the Assumption of Mary to be a heresy worthy of condemnation. Here we have "infallible" popes declaring something to be a heresy. Then in 1950, Pope Pius XII, another "infallible" pope, declared it to be official Roman Catholic doctrine.(William Webster, The Church of Rome at the Bar of History, pp. 81-85)

What should we believe? How about ... duh.....The Word of God "The Bible". Does that work for Christians? Yes or No.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min nanoanomaly 119,243
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 24 min bad bob 2,783
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 982,144
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,276
Keeping the world Sick, Poor and at War US DEA 2 hr Hiddn Numbrz 1
MESSAGE to President Donald Trump 5 hr the Prince of Dar... 1
Free CLASSIFIEDS | POST UNLIMITED FREE CLASSIFI... (Mar '16) 7 hr gina5l 3
More from around the web