Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673422 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

preston

Athens, OH

#393538 Oct 3, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I see nothing there about a letter to the Hussites. Perhaps you pasted that from another site?
I did see the quote that I like so much and memorized long ago.
it is about halfway down. look at where it says capture and you can read it.

Capture
Joan captured by the Burgundians at Compiègne. Mural in the Panthéon, Paris.A truce with England during the following few months left Joan with little to do. On 23 March 1430, she dictated a threatening letter to the Hussites, a dissident group which had broken with the Catholic Church on a number of doctrinal points and had defeated several previous crusades sent against them. Joan's letter promises to "remove your madness and foul superstition, taking away either your heresy or your lives."[39
LTM

Nipigon, Canada

#393539 Oct 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I KNEW THAT IT WAS YOU SHOWING OFF.
like I have said for years, I post the truth and let the chips fall where they may.
just shut up and leave me alone.
your approval is not needed nor desired.
Not showing off Preston you did post the truth and I was agreeing with you that is all.
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#393540 Oct 3, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I see nothing there about a letter to the Hussites. Perhaps you pasted that from another site?
I did see the quote that I like so much and memorized long ago.
Preston, I went back and re-read it, and it does mention the Hussite letter. My apologies.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#393541 Oct 3, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't waste your time.
This isn't really about the things he has been posting.
Something else is going on, some grave hurt, and someone, somewhere in the RCC is responsible.
I don't know if it is a real hurt (probably), or an imagined one, but until he actually names what it really is that hurt him so, he's stck.
I don't even know that answering the things he posts would be any help.
Those things are not the reason Michael left the Church. They're his excuses, the things he tells himself, to justify his leaving.
The REAL reason has to do with a priest who didn't take time for him, or an annulment proceeding, or ... who knows?
But the stuff Michael posts here? That stuff is NOT it.
Rob
Why not?

I left it because I never liked it to begin with.

It was my parents' thing. I knew it was a bunch of crap from the time I was a kid.

As I got older, I found nothing to convince me otherwise and plenty to convince me I was right.

Sounds like Michael tried to go along. REALLY tried. And, being honest with himself-something that's rare among believers of any kind-reached the same conclusions I did.

The bible, and its god, are man-made.

There's no "help from above".

If you don't do it, it ain't gettin' done.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#393542 Oct 3, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>like i said i'm rushed in the morning not enough coffee,make for bad combonation,and yes i have been fighting it for 7 yrs now,I refuse to die.i'm the youngest one here i think (54) and i'm not ready to go yet.and no disease is going to make me go,i'll go on my terms and no one elses.....i was born stuborn.
That's the spirit.

:)

You have my best wishes.
preston

Athens, OH

#393543 Oct 3, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, I went back and re-read it, and it does mention the Hussite letter. My apologies.
I had to reread it myself since there was a lot of info about her

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#393544 Oct 3, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can relate to that. I got progressive lenses last year and am having the same problem. I hate them. Was going to try bifocals next, but from what you're saying they're no better.
Our posts crossed, no need for that pint of blood...yet.
I love my progressives.

You just have to learn to point your nose at what you want to see clearly. You can't just move your eyes, like you would without glasses.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#393545 Oct 3, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
I left it because I never liked it to begin with.
It was my parents' thing. I knew it was a bunch of crap from the time I was a kid.
As I got older, I found nothing to convince me otherwise and plenty to convince me I was right.
Sounds like Michael tried to go along. REALLY tried. And, being honest with himself-something that's rare among believers of any kind-reached the same conclusions I did.
The bible, and its god, are man-made.
There's no "help from above".
If you don't do it, it ain't gettin' done.
Yeah, but I was not talking about you.

You're indifferent to the CC. That's quite different from Michael.

(Unless you mean that you and Michael are the same person. Then I would have to say that you appear to exhibit MPD.)

Rob
preston

Athens, OH

#393546 Oct 3, 2012
and reggie,

mary is not our ark of the New covenant.
we dont need an ark, nor do the jewish people, our ark is Jesus and in Him we have placed our soul as the writer said, i know in whom I believe and I am fully persuauded that He is able to keep that which I have committed until tha day.

anyone can take verses and link them to somethng else , using their imagination just like robert did with that fish.

but that doesnt make them true.

jesus is our Savior and we need not to place our trust in anyone else. Mary did not give her life for us, Mary did not shed any blood for us,

only jesus meets that criteria.

I would that you would come to that realization, I sincerely do.

I dont want to see anyone lose their soul.
the day that I got Saved, I did something that angered the Lord. and he said to me, You knew what I wanted with you, and then it was like light went off inside my body.

and I went upstairs in my moms home and began to cry and ask God to forgive me and he would not. my mom came and tried to Pray and teh Lord told me that He had answered her prayers many times for me but He wouldn this time, and she knew that her prayers were not being heard by God.

then she called my cousin who came and prayed for me, God answered her prayers because I could feel something leave my body and he felt it to.

I know what it is like to have God turn His back on me and I wouldnt wish that on anyone
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#393547 Oct 3, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, that is silly Mary is not my mother.
However she is my sister in Christ Jesus,
Who is her savior as well as mine
What's silly is you keep trying to bring her down to your level. She was chosen by God to bring into the world His only begotten son, our redeemer, God in the flesh. He didn't chose you! God said all generations would call her blessed (which your pride won't allow you to do). He didn't say all generations would call you blessed!
She's our spiritual mother. If you reject this gift from God, so be it, that's your choice. But the Blessed Virgin Mary is not your 'sis'. Show some respect for the Mother of God.(Now the Nestorians will step up to the mic, lol!)
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#393548 Oct 3, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my progressives.
You just have to learn to point your nose at what you want to see clearly. You can't just move your eyes, like you would without glasses.
That's what everybody keeps telling me, but it's been a year now and I still hate them, lol! The dr. adjusted the prescription slightly but it made no difference. I thought bifocals might be better because they go all the way across, you get a larger field of vision. But you do lose the intermediate step which I use quite a lot. Still, I always feel like I'm straining to see. Not good. I have a bad feeling this is just the nature of wearing glasses...and it stinks.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go back and argue with the funides about the Blessed Mother, for the nine millionth time. How do you stand it in here?
preston

Athens, OH

#393549 Oct 3, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What's silly is you keep trying to bring her down to your level. She was chosen by God to bring into the world His only begotten son, our redeemer, God in the flesh. He didn't chose you! God said all generations would call her blessed (which your pride won't allow you to do). He didn't say all generations would call you blessed!
She's our spiritual mother. If you reject this gift from God, so be it, that's your choice. But the Blessed Virgin Mary is not your 'sis'. Show some respect for the Mother of God.(Now the Nestorians will step up to the mic, lol!)
how can she be the mother of God if she is the bride of God. remember he got her pregnant.

also the bible doesnt agree with your premise that she isnt chosen,
1 peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

of course she was Blessed, any person who comes into contact and accepts him is blessed. as I showed in a post to robert, when she and her kids were outside teh gate, and wanted to see Him, he sluffed it off as not being that important, He was more loving to those who were with Him. that is Bible reggie and you cant change it.

when all is said and done, mary was a surogate mother and when he was an adult, her work was completed
preston

Athens, OH

#393550 Oct 3, 2012
I cant beleive this is on the internet, I thought that only I felt this way.lol

http://www.google.com/search...
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#393551 Oct 3, 2012
preston wrote:
and reggie,
mary is not our ark of the New covenant.
we dont need an ark, nor do the jewish people, our ark is Jesus and in Him we have placed our soul as the writer said, i know in whom I believe and I am fully persuauded that He is able to keep that which I have committed until tha day.
anyone can take verses and link them to somethng else , using their imagination just like robert did with that fish.
but that doesnt make them true.
jesus is our Savior and we need not to place our trust in anyone else. Mary did not give her life for us, Mary did not shed any blood for us,
only jesus meets that criteria.
I would that you would come to that realization, I sincerely do.
I dont want to see anyone lose their soul.
the day that I got Saved, I did something that angered the Lord. and he said to me, You knew what I wanted with you, and then it was like light went off inside my body.
and I went upstairs in my moms home and began to cry and ask God to forgive me and he would not. my mom came and tried to Pray and teh Lord told me that He had answered her prayers many times for me but He wouldn this time, and she knew that her prayers were not being heard by God.
then she called my cousin who came and prayed for me, God answered her prayers because I could feel something leave my body and he felt it to.
I know what it is like to have God turn His back on me and I wouldnt wish that on anyone
An ark holds something, it carries something. The Blessed Virgin Mary carried Jesus. She is the Ark of the New Covenant. That doesn't make her God, no one ever said it did except the protestants. In fact, you can't stop saying it. But since Jesus never ceased to be divine, to be God, even in her womb, she is rightly called the Mother of God...which speaks to Jesus' divine nature. The Blessed Virgin was elevated among all women by God, not by man. We acknowledge that.
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#393552 Oct 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>how can she be the mother of God if she is the bride of God. remember he got her pregnant.
also the bible doesnt agree with your premise that she isnt chosen,
1 peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
of course she was Blessed, any person who comes into contact and accepts him is blessed. as I showed in a post to robert, when she and her kids were outside teh gate, and wanted to see Him, he sluffed it off as not being that important, He was more loving to those who were with Him. that is Bible reggie and you cant change it.
when all is said and done, mary was a surogate mother and when he was an adult, her work was completed
Hello, Nestorius, Jr.! We've been waiting for you! Your commrade-ess should be here shortly to spam us all to sleep.
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#393553 Oct 3, 2012
preston wrote:
I cant beleive this is on the internet, I thought that only I felt this way.lol
http://www.google.com/search...
If that's true than Jesus isn't true man and you haven't been redeemed.

Read Luke 1 again. To conceive involves the fertilization of an egg.

Sheesh, Preston, the Church refuted these heresies about 1,600 years ago! Don't you think it's about time you admitted that Christ is true God AND true man? Ya think?
LTM

Nipigon, Canada

#393554 Oct 3, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary isn't God's Mother.
preston

Athens, OH

#393555 Oct 3, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
An ark holds something, it carries something. The Blessed Virgin Mary carried Jesus. She is the Ark of the New Covenant. That doesn't make her God, no one ever said it did except the protestants. In fact, you can't stop saying it. But since Jesus never ceased to be divine, to be God, even in her womb, she is rightly called the Mother of God...which speaks to Jesus' divine nature. The Blessed Virgin was elevated among all women by God, not by man. We acknowledge that.
she carried him for only nine months, the ark caried the Law much longer than that. to God nine months aint nothing. you are right, Jesus is devine, mary isnt and never was.

if it hadnt been her, it wold have been another who would have been the surrogate mother.
why you say He elevated her is beyond me since the Bible says that God is no respecter of Persons.

not one thing that you can say is Biblical concerning mary exept she birthed Him, that is what all of us agree on.

what profit do you find by elevating her to become queen of heaven etc?

you catholics are trying to make something Spiritual out of something that is not Spiritual.

Christians do exactly opposite of you catholics.

we put our soul in the hands of Jesus, He is our Ark, not Mary, nor is she our Spiritual mother, where you catholics can come up with that in the Bible is beyond me
Peter Paul and Mary

San Antonio, TX

#393556 Oct 3, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's true than Jesus isn't true man and you haven't been redeemed.
Read Luke 1 again. To conceive involves the fertilization of an egg.
Sheesh, Preston, the Church refuted these heresies about 1,600 years ago! Don't you think it's about time you admitted that Christ is true God AND true man? Ya think?
Greetings from Texas sweet Regina! Peace of The Christ be with you and your family. I see you are still buying the books for them, LOL! We know what they will do with them don't we? God bless you for not giving up. I pray for you often and for all those on here who continue to try and break through with the truth.

There is ONE LORD!
PPM

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#393557 Oct 3, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert.
I merely stated that Josephus was born years after Jesus suposedly died. Josephus would be writing second hand or hearsay information........right? He was a witness to nothing.
According to christian ONLY scriptures many thousands of Jews were miracleized, yet we have NOT one testimonial from even one of them.
If someone brought me back from the dead or restored my eyesight I for sure would have been at the crucifixion defending this man. None of the supporters showed up. Why?
Like I stated before. If Jesus was sent to earth to die for our sins, and the will of the people determined his fate, how would this have all played out if the crowd had changed their mind and screamed BARABAS instead? It was a 50-50 chance right, or was it all planned out and written that way in the scriptures so the end result would show Jesus, the sacrifice?
Same with the Adam and Eve story. According to the OT Eve had a 50-50 chance to get it right. Be tempted or not. What would have happened if Eve chose not to eat the forbidden fruit, or again was this all planned out in the story so it would come out the way it did? We will never know but when the choice is "yes or no" or 50-50 things could have been a lot different, if just one choice was changed..........right?
To me too many things in the bible appear staged. Young Jesus and his family escape in the nick of time from the grasp of King Herod. What would have happened if King Herod had been successful in killing baby Jesus, or again, is this just part of the puzzle to make all the pieces fit the way the writers wanted the story to go?
As I have stated many times, the only writers of a divine Jesus are a handful of christians ONLY. No one else in our historical record ever indicate while living during this era of ever writing or telling a story of this most famous man.
Some even believe that Josephus wrote in the manner he did, to place himself, a Jew, with favor in the Roman court.

IMO, it worked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Chris Rathers 981,451
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Barking Hillary 104,837
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 3 hr Godly Godlike 2
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 3 hr What Was That 85
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 4 hr discocrisco 3
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 5 hr Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 5 hr slick willie expl... 3
More from around the web