Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701485 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#391156 Sep 24, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello LTM my good friend
EPH 2:8
....by grace, through faith been saved. It is a gift.
Thus by grace one is saved. It does not say by faith alone. If God's Grace provides for it, then one may be saved....If God's Grace then allows man to bind or loose one to the Body of Christ through religous means, the either accept this ability or not....Each has been given a gift.
Do you know what I just read, and it is so true.
GOD DOES NOT CALL THE QUALIFIED,
GOD QUALIFIES THE CALLED.

Don't you believe if God calls us,do you not believe He calls us into ministery for Him.
If this is so which I believe it is, God will give us what we need to do what he called us to do.
Eph 2:10 for we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus, for good works which God had prepared beforehand.
That we should walk in them. God gives us spiritual gifts, God being the Holy Spirit, we must walk in the spirit not in the flesh.
Which means we have to start think, outside the box of human thinking. The more you see God working in your life and in the lives of believers, its like breathing.

when you say I can't God says I can. Its having faith trust God for everything and all things. We can't go with feelings, or assume things. In our minds we think this makes sense so it must be, "NO" God's ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not His thoughts. We got to trust what Gods says,'AND HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT GOD SAID.' by reading His Holy WORD. GODS WORD IS BINDING, ITS TRUTH AND IT SOOTHES THE SOUL. PEOPLE CAN'T TEACH YOU THAT ROB, THEY CAN'T, THE HOLY SPIRIT DOES HE LAYS THE WORD (SEED) IN YOUR HEART THEN STARTS TO CULIVATE IT.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#391157 Sep 24, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Its pretty difficult to prove a negative, so proving Jesus "alone is not the only mediator..." is by using reason and logic an impossible task....So you can't expect a RC to really do so. And you can't conclude that Mary is not the Mediatrix also.
The discussion continues within the RCC today.
The logic goes something like..., since Jesus Christ is the head of the body, called the Church, then the mother of Jesus Christ becomes the mother of the Church....
Why does the Church need a Mother? So you are saying that the Church has a Father and a Mother. God is our Father and He surely has never married any earthly woman.And there is no queen in heaven that is full S p i r i t as God is.God is complete with both male and female attributes of all that protects,guides,nurtures,compa ssion,mercy,Warrior of His Kingdom,and so on.

The Uniting of Jesus Christ with His Father in glory,and that He sits at the right hand of His Father gives the Godhead the completeness it always had from eternity to eternity.God puts within women certain things that men do not seem to have,but yet tell me you have never seen MEN moved with compassion and Holy Love.Even some of the Catholic Saints(referring to the men)have showed great compassion and mercy with affectionate love to the poor and disadvantaged,that which seems to be better portrayed by women of faith.

God is not male or female even though we are instructed as to H I M, H E, H I S,in the masculine.Can we really define distinctly that God in the Three Persons is just completely Masculine?Human reasoning tells us at times that God cannot relate to a woman,women need a female identity in Heaven.

But God created women as He did Men,and He knows everything that pertains to the woman:psychologically,Physical ly and Spiritually.If a woman feels that God cannot relate to her,she simply fails to understand that as CREATOR God is All in all,and He understands as the Godhead everything about every aspect of H i s creation,no matter whether we do not have the correct words to describe the I AM outside of our masculine or feminine articles or pronouns.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#391158 Sep 24, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is hard sometimes to stand against that which no one can change.We see in life so many things that are un movable and so many have tried to remove them,and we also may try,but it boils down to the fact that ONLY God alone can remove obstacles that are mixed with the mortar of both truth and lies.
The Catholics boast they are not divided,but yet they are now faced with a huge multitude of Liberal factions,not only in the laity,but in the priesthood and within the ranks of sisters and brothers(vocations of Holy Orders).It is ironic how some of those dedicated sisters or brothers in the vocations can be so humble and holy acting,yet also be adamant in fighting for the homosexual and lesbian agenda.The Catholics here forget about the factions of Communist sympathisers in Latin and Central America amongst priests,sisters and brothers of the vocations.Pope John Paul 2 spent much time trying to weed out those individuals through his bishops and cardinals.
What about the liberal cardinals? They are speaking out more and more.The RCC on EWTN is so evangelical in its viewing,but we know that the liberal factions are there healthy and strong in their support to the gay agenda,and even for the rights of women to abort and use birth control.So dear Catholics you are just as divided no matter what your people do when they attend Mass.You have liberals who hate the core beliefs of the conservative church,yet they will go to mass to share in the Eucharist.A House divided,and there is no getting around it.
We who are not RC Christians have separated from the prot churches who chose to go liberal.Many evangelical churches were formed to separate the wheat from the chaff,and you think it is all just one group of doctrines replaced with another.How uninformed the Catholics on this forum really are.
Hello Pad my friend....

I am sure there are various ways of thinking in the RCC....I know, I was there....But different views does not mean a common meal cannot be eaten....

If a person has a very difficult or contrary view to some RCC dogma, it is their right to leave....Some people need a simple way to relate....

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#391159 Sep 24, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
If god is everything, then god is nothing.
WHAT?
You're sick, fella.

Location hidden

#391160 Sep 24, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I don't either,they are good reading and Jewish.They are not books to support the Catholic philosophies either,so why do the Catholics so strongly admonish the early Reformers for not putting those books into the King James Version?I read your previous post,as I read Dust Storm's response to my post.I am never surprised by his response,and he has become more civil,even though he called me sola stupid.I do admire his dedication to his church,but I know he loathes anything that is not Catholic(just a word describing universal participation).Since we have not conquered the UNIVERSE,or even explored it,how can we call anything universal on our planet?
No church is universal,global maybe, but surely not beyond the perimeters of Mother Earth.
It is only by the power of the Holy Spirit that we can communicate with the Mediator Jesus Christ,as He goes to the Father.To claim that Mary is a mediatix means that we can also be filled with the spirit of Mary along with the Spirit of Christ. The Spirit of Christ is given to us through the Holy Spirit,and that is KNOWN and shared only in the Godhead.
Since Mary is not part of the Godhead,how is she a mediatix,and surely we cannot be filled with her spirit,if that is the case,than she is DIVINE!
Hello Pad my friend

To me, when you capitalize Mediator...,well there is no substitute.

But I also think the RC accepts that due to her great faith in God, and that the Holy Spirit "overshadowed" her, that Mary has an effect on the growing boy called Jesus, which non-RCCs have yet to ponder, though once they may have when the Protestant movement occurred....

So it might be good for the Christian to be reared as a brother/sister of Jesus, under Mary's motherhood. If this is the meaning of Mediatrix, then so be it....
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#391161 Sep 24, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST Father John Shuster says...
70% of American Catholics Want Married Priests
In order to transition from celibacy to marriage, priests are given no other option but to sign papers from the Vatican that infer that they never really had a vocation to the priesthood, that they are psychologically unstable, or morally weak. Just the opposite is true. Married priests have acted in unison with the Spirit of God and responded to their expanded calling with conviction and love. Many American Catholics have formally recognized their courage, especially those who have reached them through the Rent A Priest program. In national polls, 70 percent of Catholics want their priests who have married to resume their work as married priests in the Roman Catholic Church. They have been impressed with the integrity of married priests and the compassionate understanding they show to people who are caught in difficult situations.
Please.

John Shuster?

You mean the John Shuster who, when asked at his diaconate promises if he would promise lifetime perpetual celibacy, said "Yes." That "Father" Shuster?

You mean the John Shuster who, when asked at his diaconate ordination if he would promise lifetime perpetual celibacy, said "Yes." That "Father" Shuster?

You mean the John Shuster who, when asked at his priestly promises if he would promise lifetime perpetual celibacy, said "Yes." That "Father" Shuster?

You mean the John Shuster who, when asked at his priesthood promises if he would promise lifetime perpetual celibacy, said "Yes." That "Father" Shuster?

The very same "Father" Shuster who, four years later, said, "Wait. I didn't really mean it." (Or possibly said "Wait ... you meant for the rest of my life???!"

The same nutbar involved in " RentaPriest.com ," which tells people, deceptively, that they are getting a wedding according to the law of the Church, when in fact, all they are getting is a civil ceremony?

You took another poster to task for citing the National Catholic Register, as you felt it "biased."

But you think Shuster is not, somehow?

This clown has done more to ensure we won't have married priests in the next 50 years than ALL the ex-priests and deacons I know of PUT TOGETHER.

The guy's a joke, Michael.

You ought to know better.

Rob

Location hidden

#391162 Sep 24, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what I just read, and it is so true.
GOD DOES NOT CALL THE QUALIFIED,
GOD QUALIFIES THE CALLED.
Don't you believe if God calls us,do you not believe He calls us into ministery for Him.
If this is so which I believe it is, God will give us what we need to do what he called us to do.
Eph 2:10 for we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus, for good works which God had prepared beforehand.
That we should walk in them. God gives us spiritual gifts, God being the Holy Spirit, we must walk in the spirit not in the flesh.
Which means we have to start think, outside the box of human thinking. The more you see God working in your life and in the lives of believers, its like breathing.
when you say I can't God says I can. Its having faith trust God for everything and all things. We can't go with feelings, or assume things. In our minds we think this makes sense so it must be, "NO" God's ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not His thoughts. We got to trust what Gods says,'AND HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT GOD SAID.' by reading His Holy WORD. GODS WORD IS BINDING, ITS TRUTH AND IT SOOTHES THE SOUL. PEOPLE CAN'T TEACH YOU THAT ROB, THEY CAN'T, THE HOLY SPIRIT DOES HE LAYS THE WORD (SEED) IN YOUR HEART THEN STARTS TO CULIVATE IT.
Hello LTM

I think what you write here is so true....

And there may come a time when one need not lean unto their own understanding, but simply let the scriptures live within and produce fruit....
Pad

Fishers, IN

#391163 Sep 24, 2012
Our language is limited,as every language on this planet,some express better than others,and some use many expressions for one concept or thing.So when we Call God in the Masculine,we know that He cannot be addressed HE SHE,HIS HER,HIM HER,so we address Him in the masculine as Adam was created first,than Eve.But God understands and knows the woman as well as the man,and can identify in every way with her,as her CREATOR.

Women often say,God cannot understand their periods,and the female troubles women suffer.But God for that matter does not understand men's physical troubles,as HE is PERFECT and does He know physical PAIN?

ONLY our language limits God to our understanding.We refer to the Being of God as a Masculine Person,but the truth is God is not male or female,but God the Creator of all that lives.We cannot limit G o d by our own understanding of the male and female human persons we are.

Jesus can relate to all human suffering as HE was tortured and beaten,scourged horribly,ridiculed,hated,abase d,spit upon,despised,deprived of every mercy and human comfort.He was hung for hours on the cross that His hands and feet were nailed to.He was crowned with piercing thorns into His precious head. The Pain He experienced all through that ordeal could be compared to most human pain and distress,whether by men or women.

As far as our Lord understanding and sympathising with women in their many distresses,He suffered extremely in both physical and mental anguish,if He is not filled with compassion for women,than we have a real problem understanding the true uniqueness and greatness of OUR G O D,who is beyond every human level of understanding.To compare God(Father, Son or Holy Spirit) with the limits of human reasoning,is basically limiting HIM,who is All in all!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#391164 Sep 24, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Pad my friend....
I am sure there are various ways of thinking in the RCC....I know, I was there....But different views does not mean a common meal cannot be eaten....
If a person has a very difficult or contrary view to some RCC dogma, it is their right to leave....Some people need a simple way to relate....
VERY good point,and I can understand your posting such.Nevertheless,His Body is so important to behold in a sacred sense,that is when men and women seek to be pure,bringing the truth of righteousness before Him.This is so important when any gift is brought to the A L T A R!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#391165 Sep 24, 2012
Going to get a shingles vaccination shot,see you folks,forgive me when I discourse for too long.
Orville

Battle Ground, WA

#391166 Sep 24, 2012
Sin....
What shall we conclude then? Are we any better? Not at all! We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

Full context: Romans 3:9-12

Location hidden

#391167 Sep 24, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Why does the Church need a Mother? So you are saying that the Church has a Father and a Mother. God is our Father and He surely has never married any earthly woman.And there is no queen in heaven that is full S p i r i t as God is.God is complete with both male and female attributes of all that protects,guides,nurtures,compa ssion,mercy,Warrior of His Kingdom,and so on.
The Uniting of Jesus Christ with His Father in glory,and that He sits at the right hand of His Father gives the Godhead the completeness it always had from eternity to eternity.God puts within women certain things that men do not seem to have,but yet tell me you have never seen MEN moved with compassion and Holy Love.Even some of the Catholic Saints(referring to the men)have showed great compassion and mercy with affectionate love to the poor and disadvantaged,that which seems to be better portrayed by women of faith.
God is not male or female even though we are instructed as to H I M, H E, H I S,in the masculine.Can we really define distinctly that God in the Three Persons is just completely Masculine?Human reasoning tells us at times that God cannot relate to a woman,women need a female identity in Heaven.
But God created women as He did Men,and He knows everything that pertains to the woman:psychologically,Physical ly and Spiritually.If a woman feels that God cannot relate to her,she simply fails to understand that as CREATOR God is All in all,and He understands as the Godhead everything about every aspect of H i s creation,no matter whether we do not have the correct words to describe the I AM outside of our masculine or feminine articles or pronouns.
Hello Pad my friend

I am not quite sure what you mean in your writings here...I suppose that God can have both masculine and feminine charactoristics, and sometimes neither, to which we as people can relate to....

In Christianity the Holy Spirit is somewhat more mysterious, taking on both male and female charactoristics....

In a certain sense, God the Father through the Holy Spirit made Jesus, which was both divine and human. Human, in the sense that Mary was his mother....

Human beings often relate more CLOSELY to their mother, and so to have Mary, whom was known to be CLOSE to God, makes their beliefs and faith in God stronger....
Hamadi

Pottstown, PA

#391168 Sep 24, 2012
What are you people talking about?
The word God was invented some 600 years ago, and Jesus never said god his entire life, he called him Allah, or Ellah if you speak hebrew or Aramaic, by the way Jesus never spoke english if you do not know morons.
Go back and read what Issa ( jesus is not even his name) said in the actual language he spoke.
You are followers of Paul ( Saul ) not jesus, Paul who deceived you and derailed the teaching of Jesus.
Jesus never claimed to be God or son of god or ever said worship me.He never talked about three gods in one god, You should actually read a book that has substance.
Orville

Battle Ground, WA

#391169 Sep 24, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Last night on Coast to Coast AM radio program, the first guest was Steve Quayle and he reported that OUR GOVERNMENT has prepared detention centers and has ordered 450,000,000 rounds of ammunition for home land security to be used in case of a civilian uprising. As you know, Obama signed into law a provision that allows suspension of civilian government and gave him the ability to (thru his officials) to designate anyone a terrorist and to incarcerate the individual without any formal charges or attorney representation. Quayle also forsees a world war three type of war breaking out among the Christian/Muslim faiths in fulfillment of bibical scriptures. He also predicts that food prices will rise by 100% during the next year..... I am just passing this on, and you can take it seriously or not as you choose...

Something is going to happen. I live some 40 miles east of Portland in the foothills. We have seen everyday for months, military helicopters, and fighter jets flying over and around us. And many other people 75 miles away. This used to be very rare. It is dailey now for 3 months.
Orville

Battle Ground, WA

#391170 Sep 24, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Pad my friend
I am not quite sure what you mean in your writings here...I suppose that God can have both masculine and feminine characteristics, and sometimes neither, to which we as people can relate to....
In Christianity the Holy Spirit is somewhat more mysterious, taking on both male and female charactoristics....
In a certain sense, God the Father through the Holy Spirit made Jesus, which was both divine and human. Human, in the sense that Mary was his mother....
Human beings often relate more CLOSELY to their mother, and so to have Mary, whom was known to be CLOSE to God, makes their beliefs and faith in God stronger....

B.S.!!!!!!

Who gave us the Holy Spirit !?

Jesus !!

Jesus is male. The Holy Spirit is male.

So much for your meta physically drullings.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#391171 Sep 24, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello LTM
I think what you write here is so true....
And there may come a time when one need not lean unto their own understanding, but simply let the scriptures live within and produce fruit....
Amen Rob, there is coming a time when we are going to have to remember those scriptures.
How will we remember them if we don't read them and have them printed on our hearts by the Holy Spirit of God.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#391172 Sep 24, 2012
Hamadi wrote:
What are you people talking about?
The word God was invented some 600 years ago, and Jesus never said god his entire life, he called him Allah, or Ellah if you speak hebrew or Aramaic, by the way Jesus never spoke english if you do not know morons.
Go back and read what Issa ( jesus is not even his name) said in the actual language he spoke.
You are followers of Paul ( Saul ) not jesus, Paul who deceived you and derailed the teaching of Jesus.
Jesus never claimed to be God or son of god or ever said worship me.He never talked about three gods in one god, You should actually read a book that has substance.
John 12

23And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it abides alone: but if it dies, it brings forth much fruit.

25He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

26If any man serves me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serves me, him will my Father honor.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#391173 Sep 24, 2012
137 978
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Oxbow my friend
I agree and disagree on the two points you have made....
First, the RCC cannot change dogmatic positions on the scriptures. They try to clarify....
Secondly I agree with you on the scripture that one must be born...,again. But that being born again carries with it an implication that one must die to their present lives....And that is what baptism is all about, one must die in order to be born again....This happens also on a daily basis that one may move into a more Christian life, and farther from the worldly life, IMHO.
Good morning..

In post 390978 you stated: "So the Church can indeed change its dogmatic teaching."

In post 391137 you stated: "First, the RCC cannot change dogmatic positions on the scriptures. They try to clarify". Do you see any contradiction???

Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.

The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.

Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#391174 Sep 24, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Oxbow my friend
If one fails to grow as a Christian, then the word is not being given proper attention to make it do so....To grow one must be continually changing....
With all due respect....what does that have to do with:

"So the Church can indeed change its dogmatic teaching."

Not so if they are teaching from the Word of God...His Word does not change...

And: Christ said: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Show me Scripture that says: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be baptized, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Father Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#391175 Sep 24, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
B.S.!!!!!!
Who gave us the Holy Spirit !?
Jesus !!
Jesus is male. The Holy Spirit is male.
So much for your meta physically drullings.
Why would you limit the Creator of the Universe to a sexual type?

Would not our Creator have the best characteristics of both sexes?

Father Free Mind

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Hypocrite watch 79,739
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 43 min Hatti_Hollerand 2,536
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,389
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 3 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 3 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 3 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 3 hr BILLION HEIR 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752