Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595907 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#389381 Sep 17, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 6:22
22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.
*****We have been set free from the bondage of sin.
*****We have become slaves of God.
*****The benefit you REAP leads to HOLINESS.
*****The result is ETERNAL life.
Now, the question is:
Can you lose all of this???
Wlll we remain "preserved in Christ Jesus???"
For your first question I do not believe in OSAS

For the second. For those who dilegently seek Christ Ephesians 4:30

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, by whom you are sealed unto the day

of redemption.

1 Thessalonians 5 implies we will be be preserved blameless to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#389382 Sep 17, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text> No where does it say all souls will live forever/
What does Perish mean read John 3:16
they will be ashes under the saints feet, Consumed by unquicable fire and results are eternal.
]Mathew 10
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Soul will NOT die....(spiritual)

Body will....(physical)
truth

Perth, Australia

#389383 Sep 17, 2012
Pad

Rockford, IL

#389384 Sep 17, 2012
Russian Orthodox American wrote:
Are you saved?- an Orthodox Christian answer to this evangelical mis interpretation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sAlCze3ZFjAXX
An extremely narrowed view of Christian perspective.The young woman narrating no doubt has a simple faith and is striving for the goal of the high calling.However if she speaks for Orthodoxy,and she speaks for the individual experience of salvation,she walks on a traditional road,rather than that of Holy Scripture.If one says they are saved according to Scripture,than he or she is relying on the total merits of the Lord Jesus Christ alone,who gave Himself at Golgotha. The young woman did not elaborate on how she is redeemed,although she acknowledges Christ who is the Savior.

The truth of the matter is that we must view the Risen Savior as our only hope for salvation,He alone was crucified for us,and He alone has the Justification to be able to bring each and every one of us into that Righteous state. Our goodness is as filthy rags,but in Christ we are made perfect and righteous.It is not a matter of saying I am saved because somehow I merit it.

But I say that I am saved because while in sin and despair,Christ redeemed me from the vile person I was to a person now made clean through His sacrifice.It has nothing to do with self-importance,but all to do with emptying self into the Holy One of Israel,who became Flesh and Blood and dwelt amongst us,even calling us brothers and sisters.

Her testimony speaks of a faith in God and reaching out to Him,and that can be said of every individual who puts their trust in God,the CREATOR of all things great and small.However in Christ we have even a greater intimacy into what transpires between the Creator and those whom He Created.Christ brings us to a relationship with the Father,who is well-pleased in the SON.

It behooves us to know what we have in Christ,because He alone is our Righteousness.Any Evangelical who really spends any time in prayer and supplication before the Lord knows that his or her worth means nothing,but that Christ exalts His own,and He allows us to be abased as well,because He was abased.

Evangelical pride of being SAVED is misunderstood by many.It is not being prideful in self and the accomplishments of self in regards to humanity and God.It is as the Apostle Paul said:I boast in the Cross of Christ.

Paul knew that Christ exalts us to a level that brings us to a clean holy place which gives us testimony to His power.If we boast in saying I am saved and you are not for whatever reason,than we totally missed the mark.

Being saved is being elevated out of the quagmire of sin and death,to be placed in a realm that is pleasing to the FATHER,because He is glorified in the SON.It is walking in newness of life in Christ that is the realm of being saved.Misunderstanding what being saved truly is what I see from your Orthodox perspective,which is based in a works or self mortification.

We will go through self mortification and we will be abased,we will suffer and we will be challenged to forsake Christ.BUT HE is our salvation,our Shepherd,our life,our ALL,and in Him we live and have our being.We are in regards to Christ seated in high places with Him,yet we live here to be abased and to suffer with Him as well.Christians of every affiliation are experiencing humiliations,abasements,and persecutions,to suffer for Christ is to know Him as He lived here on this earth amongst His Apostles.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#389385 Sep 17, 2012
<quoted text> No where does it say all souls will live forever/
What does Perish mean read John 3:16
they will be ashes under the saints feet, Consumed by unquicable fire and results are eternal.
]Mathew 10
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
To Canaan's land, I'm on my way,
Where the soul of man never dies.
My darkest night will turn to day,

No sad farewells.(Dear friends there'll be no sad farewells.)
No tear dimmed eyes (There'll be no tear dimmed eyes.)
Where all is love,(Where all is peace and joy and love.)
And the soul never dies.(And the soul of man never dies.)

The rose is blooming there for me,
And I will spend eternity,

The love light beams across the foam,
It shines and lights the way to home,

Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#389386 Sep 17, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting---- I offer a bit of friendly advice and all you do is insult ... oh well ... and I also see your name is now listed as Dyr instead of DYE...??
Friendly advice?

Hmmmm.

You asked me to cite where scripture said that God gave sinners authority.

I gave you three examples of God using pagans to punish his Holy People for unfaithfulness. I notice you make no reference to that.

As for "Dyr" rather than "Dye," if you look at a keyboard, I am quite sure that you can figure that one out.

A couple more days, and I'll be done here.

Rob
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#389387 Sep 17, 2012
Fr Robert Dyr wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yes, but penance without repentance is meaningless.
It is a sigh that one repents. It makes it "more real" to us ... a way of actually demonstrating to God that we truly repent.
You know, a sign that we truly mean to repent.
Are you really a catholic priest?

If so, I have always wondered why would you have the power to forgive sin when you are as much of a sinner as the one confessing to you?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#389388 Sep 17, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
preserve...
to attend to carefully, take care of
to guard
metaph. to keep, one in the state in which he is to observe
to reserve: to undergo something
Merriam webster
Definition of PRESERVE

transitive verb

: to keep safe from injury, harm, or destruction : protect

a: to keep alive, intact, or free from decay

b: maintain

a: to keep or save from decomposition

b: to can, pickle, or similarly prepare for future use

: to keep up and reserve for personal or special use
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#389389 Sep 17, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
"No where does it say all souls will live forever/"
SO.... YOU BELIEVE THAT HEAVEN IS NOT ETERNAL RIGHT?
THE BIBLE SAYS..
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and
-->so shall we ever be with the Lord. <---
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
SO YOU BELIEVE IN ANNIHILATION AS THE JW'S DO.
THAT THAT HELL IS NOT ETERNAL..RIGHT?
Rev_19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev_20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and
-->shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev_20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
JUST HOW LONG IS --> "FOR EVER AND EVER ANYWAY....
___
Dan_12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and --> some to shame and everlasting contempt.
HOW LONG IS -->"EVERLASTING". .
You twist what I stated and scripture as well I stated says [ALL souls] will leve forever

Thatis right the SMOKE OF THEIR TORMENT GOES UP FOREVER , the smoke do you uderstand now. They PERISH as it is written.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#389390 Sep 17, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
"No where does it say all souls will live forever/"
SO.... YOU BELIEVE THAT HEAVEN IS NOT ETERNAL RIGHT?
THE BIBLE SAYS..
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and
-->so shall we ever be with the Lord. <---
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
SO YOU BELIEVE IN ANNIHILATION AS THE JW'S DO.
THAT THAT HELL IS NOT ETERNAL..RIGHT?
Rev_19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev_20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and
-->shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev_20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
JUST HOW LONG IS --> "FOR EVER AND EVER ANYWAY....
___
Dan_12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and --> some to shame and everlasting contempt.
HOW LONG IS -->"EVERLASTING". .
Nowhere did I imply that heaven was not eternal ( alive in in heaven) nor did I hell ( the results of Hell are eternal) perished and smoke forever.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#389391 Sep 17, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
To Canaan's land, I'm on my way,
My darkest night will turn to day,
The rose is blooming there for me,
And I will spend eternity,
The love light beams across the foam,
It shines and lights the way to home,
In Cannon land/ The promise land/Heaven I agree.

to that I NEVER INPLIED OTHERWISE SO DO NOT GO TO TWISTING MY STATEMENTS.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#389392 Sep 17, 2012
<quoted text>In Cannon land/ The promise land/Heaven I agree.
to that I NEVER INPLIED OTHERWISE SO DO NOT GO TO TWISTING MY STATEMENTS.
ok...my misunderstanding....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#389393 Sep 17, 2012
Father Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure? I thought it did have cable.
No cable. Because Purgatory is so far away (no one knows where it is) the residents all have satelite dishes..........and all you will be able to get are re-runs.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#389394 Sep 17, 2012
<quoted text>Nowhere did I imply that heaven was not eternal ( alive in in heaven) nor did I hell ( the results of Hell are eternal) perished and smoke forever.
What are you going to do on you're first day in heaven? You're second day? You're first year? 500 years? 10 Billionth year?

Its all baloney.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#389395 Sep 17, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't falsely accuse you of anything, Pressie... You DID call Rob a 'filthy drunk'... then, that other thingy showed up. I mentioned 'a certain poster'.. no names -- your guilt is showing.
Hi J.A.C. Preston said I claim to have an anointing on me to preach, I have claimed from day one I am not a preacher.
I have learned a lot over the year being on these forms and from bible study, under some wonderful men of God.
Truthful I never heard of OSAS till I was on here, I was taught those that believe on the Lord Jesus Christ are saved. That salvation is a gift.
I never believed once I was saved I could go and sin my head off, I was taught I had to walk my talk.
What kind of witness would that be for Christ if I continued in my sins, I had some struggles , smoking and bingo was a biggy for me. I was never under the impression I was allowed to continue doing those things , but I had a hard time letting go.
One night I got on my knees and asked God to deliver me from smoke for who knows how many times.
Then in my spirit I heard I did 2000 years ago. I haven't smoked since.
I believe that I am a saved sinner, when I accepted Christ as MY Lord and Savior I past from death into life.
I had an electifing experiance when I ask Christ into my heart, I was baptised in the Holy Spirit.
I also believe weather I am a woman or a man if God wants to deliver a message to some one he will use whom He will.
Like God used a woman to deliver the message 'Jesus has risen.'
I claimed to have been baptized in the Holy Spirit, the only gifts I lay claim to Is Love and to encourage my fellow man in the Lord.
That gift has been given to all believers is it a special gift "YES" it is what God gives is very special.
When Jesus sent the 70 into the world to spread the Gospel and to make disciples to all Nations, that is special and it is an anointing from God .
Who equip them with all the spiritual gift they needed. to preach the gospel and to ecourage people to Jesus.
We also know woman were among the 70.
Look today at men in the minstery who claim the anointing of God
I could name many of them but I won't, we know them all I am sure.
Were they anointed by God I think they were, J.A.C. but like all of us who are human they fell from Grace, but praise the Lord they fell into the Mercy of Almighty God like we all have at one time or another.
That is what is wonderful about the Love of God.
God's Mercy endurth forever, and ever.
God saved us by His wonderful Grace, but we must also believe in the Mercy of Our Heavenly Father.
If a true child of God walks away from God, are they lost forever
Is the question??
I know when I back slide I was very aware of the Holy Spirit, He pursed me J.A.C. Like Jesus said I know my sheep they hear my voice and followed me, I was in a state of rebellion no doubt, just like King David had been it cost him and it cost me.
We have a responsiblity to our children to walk our talk and to teach them the way of the Lord. I have done that I have had weak moments in my life but God has been with me every step of they way.
'HE HAS NEVER LEFT ME NOR FORSAKEN ME NEVER' WEATHER I AND IN THE VALLEY'S OR HIGH ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN , OR IN A DRY PLACE GOD HAS BEEN THERE. I WILL NEVER EVER DOUBT MY GOD'S LOVE FOR ME .
Father Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#389396 Sep 17, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
No cable. Because Purgatory is so far away (no one knows where it is) the residents all have satelite dishes..........and all you will be able to get are re-runs.
Amazing. The truth is being revealed as we post.

You are correct, reruns only - satellite, not cable.

We will bring you back to the Church yet!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#389397 Sep 17, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really a catholic priest?
If so, I have always wondered why would you have the power to forgive sin when you are as much of a sinner as the one confessing to you?
Looking forward to fr dye's response to you,but I fail to understand how you could ask such a question knowing that Christ gave that proclamation of truth to the Apostles"Whose sins you remit they are remittaned. or whose sins you forgive they are forgiven" It is a matter of the priesthood of God that is given to the whole body of Christ. Are we all not sinners? Yet,if we are with a soul who is repenting,we can say in truth you are forgiven,as the Lord has given you the right to declare that to the soul who is repenting.

Why would the Catholic priest be any less qualified to forgive sins?If he is in Christ and hears confession,he has the right to tell the individual in the confessional,that in fact you are forgiven,and I forgive you as well.

It is the Lord who gave that to His Body the Church,the people redeemed by His precious Blood.How much more to a man who gives his whole life to serving the Holy One? There is no problem with priests forgiving sin,it is the problem when we do not believe that God will forgive us,who are in dire need of forgiveness!
Father Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#389398 Sep 17, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they've updated.
But it's probably only basic.
Or 700 Club.
No, wait. That would be hell.
The last time Pat Robertson predicted a hurricane would hit the wicked in Florida, it veered north and went right over his HQ in VA Beach.

We haven't had a weather prediction from the 700 Club since.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#389399 Sep 17, 2012
Father Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
According to studies, what you say is correct for about 90% of practicing Catholics in the USA.
Hello Father Free Mind.

So what is everybody hollerin' about! If they didn't choose their belief, how can they claim its the true belief?

Catholics say they are right, and tell protestants that Jesus loves them more than them. LAUGHABLE!

Religious people have a mentality that planet earth is the only entity in the universe.

If there is a God HE/SHE is laughing at all of them.
Preston

Waverly, OH

#389400 Sep 17, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't falsely accuse you of anything, Pressie... You DID call Rob a 'filthy drunk'... then, that other thingy showed up. I mentioned 'a certain poster'.. no names -- your guilt is showing.
since I was the ONLY person that called him that, he(CATHOLIC PRIEST) knew exactly who you were referring to so dont ty and wiggle out of the lie that you told.

LTM Talks about me lying, though she provides no proof, SAID NOTHING ABOUT THIS LIE THAT YOU TOLD ABOUT ME. wonder why?

I sinceely doubt if you have enough of God in you to admit that you should not have indicted me for that link that some troll put up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Justise League 853,808
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min Lbj 771
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min andet1987 6,114
Homosexuals are the REAL reason God DESTROYED S... 19 min Burke Devlin 80
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 23 min Halle Berry Sister 2,630
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min RiccardoFire 100,726
Will the world end in the middle of 2016? 30 min Knock off purse s... 22
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Burke Devlin 444,119
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Truths 612,594
More from around the web