Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,316
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#386276 Sep 7, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>in 120 years, you along with him havent learned much then.
I know for a fact he hasnt.In fact, i prolly knew more in one year after I was saved than you two combined.lol

Maybe you should learn how to spell 'probably'(not prolly).

KM
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#386277 Sep 7, 2012
Fr_ Robert_Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther and the German princes wanted a German church, for Germans.
Zwingli (your forebear) wanted a Swiss church for the Swiss.
The response of the pope was that the true Church must be "catholic," that is to say, ALL are called to be part of the Body of Christ.
Thus the Church took the name. The Catholic Church. Germans could be part, and Swiss, and Italians, and slave, and free, and women, and men, and Jew (convert) and Greek (or, more to the point, gentile), and ... well, you get the idea.
If you reject being catholic, exactly whom do you exclude from God's call?
As for yourself, you give yourself away a bit by the term "romanism," which is typically a signal of an unexamined Bigotry and/or prejudice. Are the Armenian Catholics "Romanists?" How about the Byzantine Rite Catholics?
http://www.mncuf.org/rites.htm
You claim the Catholic Church has "false teachings."
Okay.
Want to discuss ONE of those teachings you consider false? I'll happily talk ONE AT A TIME on them.
I have little patience for someone who will try to change the subject as a dodge.
You can pick, and I will do my level best to discuss it politely with you, and explain what I believe, and why.
You wish to talk about what you believe and why, this is fine, too.
You want to argue, you can go find yourself another pidgeon.
One more thing I have VERY little patience for is someone (non-Catholic) trying to tell me what my Church teaches, or what I believe, or what I do, or "what Catholics do."
You want to know something about the Catholic faith, be courteous, and ask a Catholic, or even better, a priest.
I do Baptists this courtesy, or try to (well, not the priest part, but you get the idea). I tell my parishoners all the time that when they have a question about Judaism, I am not the best person to ask. Much better to as a Jew, or better still, a Rabbi.
One of my favorite all-time conversations. It started me on the path to REALLY investigating my faith, and what I believe, and why. Happened in the OSU dorm dining hall, in 1979.
Church of Christ Terri: You know, the non-Christian religions. The Buddhists, the Hindus, the Muslims, the Catholics, the-
Presbyterian Nate (Also my roommate, who knows I am Catholic): Whoa, wait! The ... Catholics?
Terri: Sure, Catholics aren't Christians. Thay worship saints.
Me: Uh, I'm Catholic, and I'm telling you that we don't.
Terri: Sure you do. THEY JUST DIDN'T TELL YOU.(Special emphasis mine.)
If that sort of thing is allowed, and you try to claim "secret irrefutable knowledge" of my faith, I will be happy to
return the favor, and we can discuss how Baptists secretly hobble their young people to keep the, from dancing. I know this is true, they just didn't tell *you.*
8-)
All joking aside, you want to have a discussion, I'm more than willing. Perhaps we can both learn something.
Rob
(Oh. My bona fides. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and the Savior of the World. There is no other name by which anyone is saved. I subscribe to this wholeheartedly, as does any faithful member of tne Catholic Church.)
Well now if you are going top tell it like it is you will be the first Mackerel Snaper I have seen to lay it on the line.......... ;-)

#386278 Sep 7, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I don't.
I believe in what Jesus stated. I'm sorry you don't.
Why don't you believe Jesus? And why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus, since you don't believe waht Jesus stated?
You sound like you are misinformed.
Maybe you shouldn't listen to the "60 years" of experience that GiF expresses as "knowledge".
You've been duped.

I DO believe what Jesus stated. You are the one who says we must look beyond His words.

'Duped' is not believing what Jesus said...

Kaymarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#386279 Sep 7, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been through this about Demas. He left because of the love of the world. If we love the world the love of the Father is not in you. Demas was an apostate just like Judas. They saw it, believe it, but never received it.
**How does calling someone a fellow laborer qualify them as saved?
** Judas was a disciple and he was not saved and yet God used him for His will. I'm sure Judas gave every indication he was saved and I'm sure the other disciples thought so as well....just like Paul did with Demas.
**If we're responsible for salvation why send Christ to die? Why not have another sacrifice for sin instead of the Son of God if after it's all said and done, people are responsible for their own salvation....makes no sense.
IN CHRIST.....

Philemon 1:23-24

23 Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, sends you greetings. 24 And so do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas and Luke, my fellow workers.

*****MY FELLOW PRISONER "IN CHRIST JESUS....."*****

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE 'IN CHRIST JESUS???'

You are either "outside of Christ" or "in Christ???"
Anthony MN

Excelsior, MN

#386280 Sep 7, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There will come a day when all such as you self will give account for the
billions of souls that you Roman Catholic (SO CALLED) church have deceived...
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the
brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
THE TRUTH ....IS GOD'S WORD THAT YOU THUMB YOU NOSE AT.
The truth is you and your wife lied when you say we don't receive the chalice in our mass.

Proverbs 6:16-19

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

On this forum alone you are guilty of at least 4 of these. I don't know what you do in your spare time, so there may be others.
preston

Waverly, OH

#386281 Sep 7, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rodgers is a false teacher teaching the false doctrine of O. S. A. S.
be careful, gif old woman will jump on you, like she tried to do with me.

they are nothing but hypocrites as they both have showed over the years.

gif loves benny hinn and I asked him why he didnt take his wife to him for a healing instead of a hospital.

chuck brought up demons also beleive yet my Bible doesnt ever speak of any demon that ever helped to share the gospel.

demas is the perfect example of why osas is false, yet they squirm at his mention
truth

Perth, Australia

#386282 Sep 7, 2012
you kill and judge my people and reject me..everything as you do try claim my name and my Marty..but
i say to you..you reject! what?
They know what?
lips pretenders..
Anthony MN

Excelsior, MN

#386283 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
More 'real man' stuff?
I ask God for forgiveness for ANY wrong-doing on my part. He DOES forgive me. But YOU don't have the authority to forgive those who sin against others.
I didn't lie about the chalice.
KayMarie
How do you know He forgives you?

No, I don't have the authority because I'm not an ordained priest or bishop.

You did lie. And your lie will not be forgiven until you confess your lie.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#386284 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Your "Eminence," We humbly acknowledge your claim of superiority .
WE ONLY HAVE APROX 120 YEARS OF BIBLE STUDY BETWEEN THE TWO OF US.
BUT
we don't claim to be Bible scholars...JUST SERVANTS OF THE
MOST HIGH.
I believe he/preston thinks he saw Jesus in Vietnam to and is an apostle.

Matthew 24:26

Therefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Luke 17:23

And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

Matthew 24:23At that time if anyone says to you,'Look, here is the Christ!' or,'There he is!' do not believe it.
----------
Mark 13:21At that time if anyone says to you,'Look, here is the Christ!' or,'Look, there he is!' do not believe it.
----------
Luke 17:21nor will people say,'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."
----------
Luke 21:8 He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming,'I am he,' and,'The time is near.' Do not follow them.
truth

Perth, Australia

#386285 Sep 7, 2012
posto vase grablje paranormal program demonic face on many place..oh oh
i can cry every day but i see

byyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#386286 Sep 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Scripture tells us that at the final judgement 'death and hell shall be cast into the Lake of Fire. this is the second death.' Rev.20:14.
Thank you for explaining. I did not knopw this.
preston

Waverly, OH

#386287 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't attack people. But you do. Who said I wished you to believe that I am smart? And why your jab about my husband: Does your wife influence you?
If you cannot be civil (Christlike) in your discussion, it is just as well that you don't respond to me.
Is 'word to the wise' a threat? LOL
KayMarie
how civil was your stateemnt to me ahout me being scornful to rogers who is the guru of osas and is afalse teacher yet you and gif are both speaking out agaisnt false teachers.

see how much of a hypocrite you and he are?

yesteday, i spoke about how God has healed me in the last few months. I also have had heart problems, and when I was told they couldnt help me right now, I unlike your husband who loves the charlatan benny hinn went to a church an called upon the elders to pray for me and my blockage was removed that very night.

why didnt you and he do the same?

a feww days before I went out to that church, God gave me avisions of Tom annointing me. God showed me that Toms wife and aman in ablue shirt was to pray for me. when tom was going to annoint me, I stopped him and told him about the vision aand how Phyillis was also to participate. afer te annointing, I found out the man in the blue shirt was the Evangelist.

I put my money where my mouth is. in other words, I Looked to God.UNLIKE YOU AND MR FRAUD

no, it aint a threat, dont know nothing? it means that if someone tells you something, YOU OUGHT TO PAY ATTENTION
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#386288 Sep 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So you believe that salvation is by obdience and not by faith.
What Paul is saying is not in reference to salvation at all but is stating that if he does not do what God has called him to do he would be cast aside and God would raise up another to do the work that Paul was created to do. Salvation does not come or go based on our works.
FAITH and OBEDIENCE....

It is NOT our works....it is the WORK OF GOD....

Colossians 2:12

12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the <<<<<working of God,>>>>> who raised him from the dead.

*****having been buried with Him in BAPTISM....

*****in which you were ALSO raised with Him through your FAITH......

*****IN THE WORKING OF GOD.....

preston

Waverly, OH

#386289 Sep 7, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You sure haven't lost your spunk preston.
lol, you would have thought after all of these years that mr fraud would have told her not to jump on me for the very same thing they were saying about false teachers
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#386290 Sep 7, 2012
Question: "Should Christians support the nation of Israel?"

Answer: Christians should definitely support the nation of Israel. We must remember that Israel, the nation, is very special to God. We read in Deuteronomy 7:6-8 these words: "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt."

God's eternal purpose is to bless the world through Israel. Already He has done so in measure, for "salvation is from the Jews" (John 4:22), but the fullness of future blessing is indicated in the wondrous promise of Isaiah 27:6: "In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit."

The declaration that "salvation is from the Jews” suggests our immeasurable debt to Israel. All that we have worth having has come to us through the Jews. Our Bible is a Jewish Book, and our Savior is a Jewish Savior. Let us never forget to pray for God's chosen people. It is true that Israel, today, is in the place of rejection. The nation is a secular, unbelieving (as to the claims of Scripture and their Messiah, Jesus Christ) nation; but "…at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace" (Romans 11:5). Some Jews are being saved and are becoming members of the body of Christ through faith in their Messiah.

Jews are, biblically speaking, the "chosen people of God" and dearly loved by Him. Another reason for Christians to support the nation of Israel is because of the Abrahamic Covenant. We read of God’s promise in Genesis 12:2-3, "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you" (see also Genesis 27:29; Numbers 24:9).

One of the United States’ most worthwhile accomplishments has been its consistent regard for the plight of the Jewish nation. No nation in the history of the world has a better record of treating individual Jews with respect than does America. The same can be said for our befriending Israel as a nation. America has committed many sins for which we may well deserve judgment, but as a nation, we have been a consistent friend of the Jews and the nation of Israel, as well as a benefactor. In 1948, President Harry Truman helped persuade the United Nations to recognize Israel as a nation. Since then, the United States has contributed billions of dollars in aid to Israel.

From the biblical declarations of God's love and care for His chosen people, the nation of Israel, and from the history of nations being destroyed because of their evil dealings with God's chosen people, the Jews, Christian believers should give support to the chosen people of God. This is not to say that we support necessarily the methods they use in their relationships with the Arab nations. The Bible warned that conflict would always characterize the relations between the descendents of Isaac and Ishmael. Sadly, this conflict will continue until Jesus comes back to judge the nations and sets up His 1,000-year reign of peace on earth. We must look at the "big picture” with a biblical worldview. While we do not have to support everything Israel does as a nation, we most definitely should support Israel’s right to exist. God will fulfill His promises and covenants with Israel. God still has a plan for Israel. Woe to anyone who seeks to defeat that plan; “whoever curses you I will curse”(Genesis 12:3).
by Michael Rydelnik.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#386291 Sep 7, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Good - you shouldn't be.
But if you aren't afraid, then you surely will except ALL of what Jesus taught then, right?
BUUUUT - you still have some reservations - because of what was put in place by other men, huh?
In other words, you are afraid, but are afraid to admit you are.
That is the fear talking.
So why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught, but accept what other men stated?
"...but accept what other men stated?"

the problem i have with you is that you don't understand that YOU ARE the 'other men' in your own scenario whom i'm compelled to reject!!!

the eye witnesses & chosen apostles of Christ ARE NOT false witnesses; you are!

no one likes rejection, particularly self-centered meglamaniacs. you've been rejected and debunked, now move on......
preston

Waverly, OH

#386292 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Anthony...so you think 'spunk' is a sign of a 'real' man?
It doesn't take much of a man to jump on a woman...
KayMarie
when a woman wishes to upsurp those who are called and assume that position herself, she remains not a woman but a heretic. you jumped on me, I had never, nor did I ever want to say one word to you, FIRST.

EVEN WHEN YOU CLAIMED TO BE A TEACHER, I SAW THAT AND KEPT QUIET, AND DIDNT WISH TO STIP UP OLD ARGUMENTS BUT IF YOU THINK THAT YOU AND YOUR OLD MAN IMPRESS ME WITH YOUR SUPPOSEDLY MANY YEARS OF STUDY, WELL GUESS WHAT, I CAN READ, YOU DONT!!!!

YOU AINT NO DIFFERENT TN ltm WHEN SHE CLAIMED TO HAVE gODS ANNOINTING, AND I CALLED HER LIAR AND TEH BILE BACKS ME UP.

she has never forgiven me nor forgotten that and I dont care
preston

Waverly, OH

#386293 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Maybe you should learn how to spell 'probably'(not prolly).
KM
lol, you really are YOKED equally with your old man. in other words you both are dumb.you didnt know who rogers was even though you were speaking against false teachers of osas now you dont know this word.

Prolly 989 up, 196 down
Shortened version of "probably".

Typically used in online conversations,(SEE THIS)

although REALLY lazy people have started using it in verbal conversations as well...

#386294 Sep 7, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is you and your wife lied when you say we don't receive the chalice in our mass.
Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
On this forum alone you are guilty of at least 4 of these. I don't know what you do in your spare time, so there may be others.
QUETION

Why would you call all the family of the deceased that witnessed what took place in the Roman Catholic Church a bunch of liars...

Were you there?

you are the one that is a liar.
Anthony MN

Excelsior, MN

#386295 Sep 7, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, you would have thought after all of these years that mr fraud would have told her not to jump on me for the very same thing they were saying about false teachers
They're selective hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Dally Mama 774,920
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min WildWeirdWillie 175,596
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min Epiphany2 604,955
Moses never existed 51 min KiMare 744
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 57 min Rat jeez loaded 119,644
Why do Mexicans try to be white so bad? (Mar '09) 1 hr nomoreillegal 625
bless the jews (Nov '08) 1 hr Set free 7,055
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Barnsweb 441,764
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Aura Mytha 265,082
More from around the web