Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678650 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#386491 Sep 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ACCORDING TO THE WORDS
-->JESUS SAID TO HIM
Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me:
-->for thou --> savourest,<-- not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
QUESTION ..
WHEN DID PETER COME TO THE PLACE WHERE HE --
-->savourest<--
G5426
&#966;&#961;&#959; &#957;&#949;&#769; &#969;
phroneo&#772;
fron-eh'-o
From G5424; to exercise the mind, that is, entertain or have a sentiment or opinion; by implication to be (mentally) disposed (more or less earnestly in a certain direction); intensively to interest oneself in (with concern or obedience):- set the affection on,(be) care (-ful),(be like-,+ be of one,+ be of the same,+ let this) mind (-ed, regard, savour, think.
DID IT HAPPEN AFTER JESUS SAID UNTO HIM...
Luk_22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
OR WAS PETER CONVERTED BEFORE HIS FALL... AND BACKSLIDE...
~~~

HOW COULD ...OR.. WHY WOULD ... JESUS ..... BUILD HIS CHURCH ....UPON

A MAN

THAT HE WOULD HAVE TO SAY..THESE WORDS?

Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter,

Get thee behind me, Satan:

thou art an offence unto me:

-->for thou --> savourest,<-- not the things that be of God,

but

those that be of men.

DID NOT >EXERCISED HIS MIND<-- IN THE THINGS OF GOD.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#386492 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
QUETION
Why would you call all the family of the deceased that witnessed what took place in the Roman Catholic Church a bunch of liars...
Were you there?
you are the one that is a liar.
Were you there? No. You didn't witness ANYTHING, you heard it second hand. The fact that the chalice may not be have given in a funeral mass does not translate to your wife's lie that we don't receive the chalice in our masses. I receive it twice a week. I'm there. I know.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#386493 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
ACCORDING TO THE WORDS
-->JESUS SAID TO HIM
Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me:
-->for thou --> savourest,<-- not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
QUESTION ..
WHEN DID PETER COME TO THE PLACE WHERE HE -->EXERCISED HIS MIND<-- IN THE THINGS OF GOD.
-->savourest<--
G5426
phroneo&#772;
fron-eh'-o
From G5424; to exercise the mind, that is, entertain or have a sentiment or opinion; by implication to be (mentally) disposed (more or less earnestly in a certain direction); intensively to interest oneself in (with concern or obedience):- set the affection on,(be) care (-ful),(be like-,+ be of one,+ be of the same,+ let this) mind (-ed, regard, savour, think.
Luk_22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Grain was shaken or agitated in a sieve to remove the impurities, and Satan's goal was to shake Peter up and see if there was any <<<<<true faith in him.>>>>>
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#386494 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
ACCORDING TO THE WORDS
-->JESUS SAID TO HIM
QUESTION ..
WHEN DID PETER COME TO THE PLACE WHERE HE -->EXERCISED HIS MIND<-- IN THE THINGS OF GOD.
-->savourest<--
G5426
phroneo&#772;
fron-eh'-o
Satan's plan for Peter was highly successful...

It caused Peter to deny Jesus three times that night....

But yet, Jesus encouraged Peter:

"But I have prayed for you, that your faith should NOT fail; and when [you have returned to Me,] strengthen your brethren."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#386495 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
ACCORDING TO THE WORDS
-->JESUS SAID TO HIM
QUESTION ..
-->savourest<--
G5426
phroneo&#772;
fron-eh'-o
Just as Peter was sifted as wheat, so we are tested by the trials of life-especially persecution-to determine whether our faith is genuine.

Can we backslide???

ABSOLUTELY!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#386496 Sep 8, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
But isn't it true that most only receive the bread? The one and last time I was at a mass we only received the bread.
Any faithful Catholic who wants to receive the chalice can do so. Unfortunately for you, you partook of Christ's body unworthily because, among other things, you did not discern the His body.
truth

Perth, Australia

#386497 Sep 8, 2012
http://bible.cc/matthew/5-38.htm

don't judge

angeliccode

mind

you will be judge
no spear anything

code numbers

no nuke no many things
you put that to control computer mind as determinant

ah my nerves working stomach every nerve arm going

my god..its not good know

i wrote before wing full of eye eye up to eye eye up to eye
day by they they not rest

don't make me angry dont desturb me

how i can hold that
i don't wanted think about

angelic numbers

#386498 Sep 8, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you there? No. You didn't witness ANYTHING, you heard it second hand. The fact that the chalice may not be have given in a funeral mass does not translate to your wife's lie that we don't receive the chalice in our masses. I receive it twice a week. I'm there. I know.
YOU WERE NOT THERE EITHER...

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE YOU ACCUSATIONS THAT IS YOUR FORTE..

It was my son-in-law's brother's FUNERAL that the priest did his thing..

He was witness to it as was my daughter...

I believe them...

GO FIGURE
truth

Perth, Australia

#386499 Sep 8, 2012
you are man not God

my god
forgive them
they did not know what they do

i liked run away from myself

every code nothing save..its angelic..

i will take tablet for sleep

i need for relax..oh
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#386500 Sep 8, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>(in Charlie Chan voice) A thousand apologies. I missed what you stated about the Church's claim to have Eucharist that actually transformed into flesh.
In addition to at Lanciano, Italy, there are other preserved examples, all from different places and times.

http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/a...

Question.......

If the Roman Catholic Church conducted DNA tests and it was the same in all examples from different places and times, would you fell compelled to recognize the primacy of the Pope?

Hypothetical question only, because we both know that will never happen.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#386501 Sep 8, 2012
If the RCC has physical proof of the real presence, why doesn't it share the proof with the world?

Anyone?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#386502 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
YOU WERE NOT THERE EITHER...
IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE YOU ACCUSATIONS THAT IS YOUR FORTE..
It was my son-in-law's brother's FUNERAL that the priest did his thing..
He was witness to it as was my daughter...
I believe them...
GO FIGURE
I heard second hand that pentecostals roll aroung the floor speaking gibberish. Does that mean you do?

The lie by your wife and you was that WE DO NOT RECEIVE THE CHALICE IN OUR MASSES, not that it wasn't given in a funeral mass. Don't speak of things which you don't know, otherwise you are spreading lies and slander.
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#386503 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
Clay...I didn't say that she 'dumped it out'; I said that she drank it. I watched her.
KayMarie
You said she "emptied" it. Drinking it is a different matter. She was probably an Extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist, in which case she would be permitted to do so.
truth

Perth, Australia

#386504 Sep 8, 2012
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

My god forgive them.
They did not know what they doing.

peace
peace from all of your argument

#386505 Sep 8, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's plan for Peter was highly successful...
It caused Peter to deny Jesus three times that night....
But yet, Jesus encouraged Peter:
"But I have prayed for you, that your faith should NOT fail; and when [you have returned to Me,] strengthen your brethren."
~~~

Peter attempted murder ..in the garden...

He cursed and denied Jesus three times..

If he was the rock that Jesus built his Church upon

evidently the rock was SOAP-STONE.

JUST AS THE Roman Catholic's church's foundation...

THE TEST OF TIME HAS PROVEN IT'S INSTABILITY.

sin has eroded it

and

"the the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold;.."

in the Book of Daniel

it ..

is being crushed to powder..

Dan_2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands,

and

that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold;

the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter:

and

the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#386506 Sep 8, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
In addition to at Lanciano, Italy, there are other preserved examples, all from different places and times.
http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/a...
Question.......
If the Roman Catholic Church conducted DNA tests and it was the same in all examples from different places and times, would you fell compelled to recognize the primacy of the Pope?
Hypothetical question only, because we both know that will never happen.
I believe many would convert.As an Orthodox, the Pope is a separate issue.I do agree that this would be a treasure and a revelation that no Church would withold from the public.
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#386507 Sep 8, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>No. t would be the proper way to deal with something that is sacred.I do not know the background to this- why burning- but I will research this.
What we do is cover the area with a special cloth. After Mass is over, the area is cleaned and the cloths are washed in a special sink that drains into the ground (not the sewer). I don't know if you remember from attending Mass, but after consuming any remaining wine, the priest wipes the chalice clean so not a trace of the Precious Blood remains. The Orthodox probably do this too.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#386508 Sep 8, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You said she "emptied" it. Drinking it is a different matter. She was probably an Extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist, in which case she would be permitted to do so.
Well Regina while she did not say it clearly she was implying what she ascertained all by herself in her judgement was that the supposed Nun was hiding behind a Curtain so nobody could see her pounding wine. lol What she failed to grasp as Fr. Rob (Not sure he is a priest) pointed out is that she was doing what she is supposed to do. However, rather than try to understand or know she chose to smear her bearing false witness. We have seen this over and over from Protestants here and not a single one of them has ever acknowledged or admitted there errors, but have often presented them again or in another fashion. The hypocrisy is rich!
truth

Perth, Australia

#386509 Sep 8, 2012
Jesus make clear
who is ''alive church''=people
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#386510 Sep 8, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>some people do continuously sin,and for a few bucks and a couple of hail mary's and a confession to a man in a funny suit,you can be saved over and over again as long as you have those few bucks of course.
What few bucks?? No one has ever paid to receive the sacrament of reconciliation (confession).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor Realist Calling Doctor Reality 34 min Doctor REALITY 2
.........why I'm afraid of God 39 min Doctor REALITY 4
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 53 min spud 2,208
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 54 min Clearwater 118,659
News Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'great... 1 hr C Kersey 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,825
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr worthless crap 46,208
More from around the web