Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695421 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#386428 Sep 7, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Herme, how would you explain this?
I will come back to this. My back hurts and I am tired. However this is a challenging question.
Fr_ Robert_Dye

Tulsa, OK

#386429 Sep 7, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermi, this is what Jesus said, John 6:47, ""Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life."
Prior to all of the nonsense about eat my body and drink my blood Jesus says what? This is Jesus talking. "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who BELIEVES in me has everlasting life." Not having everlasting life by eating His body...literally. Not having everlasting life by drinking His blood...literally. Do you understand. We need to read the entire chapter before jumping to conclusions.
I don't know that I would term any of what Jesus acually sad "nonsense."

Wow.

But setting that aside for a moment ...

I suspect you are going to neen to expand on what you mean by " believe," and whether you think Jesus meant the same thing.

My suspicion is that the was mosts funds (sorry, no disrespect for fundamentalists intended. We REALLY neen a good abbreviation that does not look belittling) mean "a mental assent," while Jesus meant "acceptance of my TEACHING and commitment to live that Teaching."

Those are two very different ways of looking at belief.

The first is a form of Gnosticism, while the second is a life lived "in Christ."

Rob
Fr_ Robert_Dye

Tulsa, OK

#386430 Sep 7, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The Church os so serious about Christ being present in the wine that if some is spilled opn clothing.the clothing must be burned.
Not exactly.

The clothing would be cleaned very carefuly, and the water and detergent poured down the sacrorium, or lacking this, into the ground in an area no one is likely to tread.

I usually use the ornamental plant area of the garden.

We do this with the altar cloths and purifiers when cleaning them.

Rob
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#386431 Sep 7, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermi, this is what Jesus said, John 6:47, ""Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life."
Prior to all of the nonsense about eat my body and drink my blood Jesus says what? This is Jesus talking. "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who BELIEVES in me has everlasting life." Not having everlasting life by eating His body...literally. Not having everlasting life by drinking His blood...literally. Do you understand. We need to read the entire chapter before jumping to conclusions
<quoted text>I understand your point. An intelligent response.I am reluctant to say that those that believe in Christ but are not Orthodox or Catholic and do not receive Communion do not receive everlasting life. I believe that they do.
However I also believe, as an Orthodox, that communion is necessary for everlasting life and draws me closer and closer into communion with our Savior.
Jesus tells you in John 6:47 if you believe in Him you will have eternal life and you doubt Him? Further, you call Him a liar when all He ever asked of you was to BELIEVE. Over and over again. BELIEVE!

For the very reason expressed by Jesus in John 6:47 we know communion is totally symbolic. I too feel closer to Jesus when we have communion but eternal life was given to me when I believed and there is no life in the bread and wine. Remember what Jesus said in John 6:63, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."

Hermi, you are very close to a break through. Don't quit now. Keep reading His word and He will reveal His truth to you.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#386432 Sep 7, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>BEING OLD DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU ARE A MATURE CHRISTIAN.
mr fraud and his wife are proof positive of that.
one is dumb and the other is dumber.
take your pick
I pick you as the dumbest!
truth

Perth, Australia

#386433 Sep 7, 2012
Satan allwayes think he is save as deliver many..set up against many..
do you believe in satan
be honest with you
i am nottttt
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
truth

Perth, Australia

#386434 Sep 7, 2012
deceiver not deliver
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#386435 Sep 7, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Rev_3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
You warfare is not against me not my wife but against the body of Christ.
Just because a dog barks doesn't mean you have to answer it.
Fr_ Robert_Dye

Tulsa, OK

#386436 Sep 7, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>since you cant spell and are ignorant of certain words. myabe in your senility, you cant see very good either.
you have proved to several of us on here that your not very credible
If you are going to attack someone based on their spelling, you need to make certain your own spelling is without flaw.

You commit at least 4 spellin errors, although one may have been a typographical error. You likewise commit grammatical errors.

Be careful. Address ideas. Do not attack spelling or grammar.

Not all of us have been equally fortunate in the level of education we have received. We are all worthy of being treated with respect.

The person you are belittling is made in the Image and Likeness of God.

Do you really mean to belittle her, just because she does not think the same way you do?

Rob
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#386437 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Prior to all of the nonsense about eat my body and drink my blood Jesus says what? This is Jesus talking. "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who BELIEVES in me has everlasting life." Not having everlasting life by eating His body...literally. Not having everlasting life by drinking His blood...literally. Do you understand. We need to read the entire chapter before jumping to conclusions.
Fr_ Robert_Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that I would term any of what Jesus acually sad "nonsense."
Wow.
But setting that aside for a moment ...
I suspect you are going to neen to expand on what you mean by " believe," and whether you think Jesus meant the same thing.
My suspicion is that the was mosts funds (sorry, no disrespect for fundamentalists intended. We REALLY neen a good abbreviation that does not look belittling) mean "a mental assent," while Jesus meant "acceptance of my TEACHING and commitment to live that Teaching."
Those are two very different ways of looking at belief.
The first is a form of Gnosticism, while the second is a life lived "in Christ."
Rob
Head belief is one thing. Heart belief/faith is another.
truth

Perth, Australia

#386438 Sep 7, 2012
Deceiver liked rob your soul
set up on evil way as they know always is like that..byyyyyy

In last day many will come out try deceive you..many will rest and killed too.
byyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#386439 Sep 7, 2012
Fr_ Robert_Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly.
The clothing would be cleaned very carefuly, and the water and detergent poured down the sacrorium, or lacking this, into the ground in an area no one is likely to tread.
I usually use the ornamental plant area of the garden.
We do this with the altar cloths and purifiers when cleaning them.
Rob
For the Orthodox burning is appropriate.
truth

Perth, Australia

#386440 Sep 7, 2012
Save yourself..don't look upon me.

I know Jesus Christ will come.
Others know too ..did they worthy..no..they are just deadly jealous in great lust as well great pride.

They will call you many name set up wrote what ever they liked..
Real message is from real alive Jesus Christ words..they will attack you because of me..but you will endure.
Did i need find hope in others?..be honest with you ..no.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#386441 Sep 7, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One time i dropped the bread on the floor.
Now you'll have to burn the floor.
Fr_ Robert_Dye

Tulsa, OK

#386442 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Clay...I didn't say that she 'dumped it out'; I said that she drank it. I watched her.
KayMarie
Ah. Well, that is what she is supposed to do.
Probably was not a nun; more likely a female altar server or cup minister (although "nun" is in fact possible. We have habited nuns here - they are technically "vowed sisters" - and hey often act as cup ministers.)
The instruction in the missal says that the priest or deacon should be taking care of any " leftover" eucharist, to ensure that this is done respectfully, but he could easily have given careful instruction to the cup ministers, so that he felt confident this was being done in a respectful manner.
Rob
Fr_ Robert_Dye

Tulsa, OK

#386443 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>The Church os so serious about Christ being present in the wine that if some is spilled opn clothing.the clothing must be burned.
Wouldn't that be burning (cremating) Christ?
KM
Not in he sense you are using it.

don't believe hat we are "consuming Christ" in the sense that "Jesus has now passed down my throat, and herefore now resides in my stonach, as He is no longer seated at the Right Hand of the Father. Later, He will pass into my toliet."

That is not what the eucharist is about.

Rather, we are receiving the True, Actual, Physical Presence of the Lord, who is ALSO present in the scriptures (although not physically), the people come to worship Him, the priest and the ministers, and upon His throne in heaven.

Poring eucharist tat cannot be consumed into the fround is not "burying Jesus." He remains, undiminished, in His own Being, in Heaven, in the scriptures, in the people, etc.

We are merely being respectful of what we have been given.

Take a look at Exodus 12.7. The Jews were burning what remained of the Passover sacrifice.. Were they "burning the sacrifice itself?"

Well, no. What they burned (the leftover) had been and was still part of the Passover sacrifice, but what was more important was what they had eaten. The remains were part of that same sacrifice, and were burned out of repect, rather than thrown away, or left to rot.

Rob
Fr_ Robert_Dye

Tulsa, OK

#386444 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>For the Orthodox burning is appropriate.
Oh, sorry. I had an idea you were Catholic.

i'm really not being a smart aleck here.

If you have to burn clothing stained with the eucharist, what DO you do with the purifiers?

Surely you don't burn them!

Seems this would get very expensive very quickly, would it not?

Rob
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#386445 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>4Gyn I understand why someone would think this is double talk.I do a lot of reading in theology and philosophy and it makes sense to me. I do believe that there is a spiritual world beyond the real empirical world so it makes sense that the in the empirical worls the bread and wine remain bread and wine but in the spiritual world it becomes the real presence of Christ.
Herme, we live in the real world.
truth

Perth, Australia

#386446 Sep 7, 2012
burn all lot in like of fire where evil eyes stay..

Did scripture say that evil will be burn?
truth

Perth, Australia

#386447 Sep 7, 2012
How many gifts cloth drink is evil offering???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 2 hr Shaura Morse 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 hr Crazy Marlene 59,406
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Feb 2018 994,037
Sad Songs That Make You Cry 6 hr razz58 6
"You Might Be A Liberal If..." 7 hr truth 4
How would you know if a woman is worth it? 7 hr jordanv2 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 hr Tony 6,783
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) 12 hr Pimpy 23
More from around the web