Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,178
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#386199 Sep 7, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>God gave me this last night for you osas'ers(you see, he doesnt beleive that you are right either).
Demas left Paul after he saw that the fate of Paul was sealed, his mentor was going to be killed and he loved his life more that he cared for his soul. now lets look at Peter and the apostles, after the empty tomb, Pater said we go fishing. they turned back to the world, just as demas did.
Demas backslid and so did they!
the difference being that Jesus appeared to them while they were fishing, there is no reference that jesus ever appeared to Demas, but I believe that he wwould have. it is not His will that any should perish, that verse clearly indicates that some will perish.
Now those apostles had a measure of the Holy Spirit, but still did not have that Power that was given to them at Pentecost(proof positive that we do need and can receive more than what we receive when we got Saved).
those of us that dont believe in osas realize that a person has a "free will" in our Salvation, so Yes, the answer to your question is very simple and the Bible tells us to "work out our own Salvation with fear and trembling".
Demas was responsible for his salvation, so too was Peter and the others , they didnt love the world unlike him though, and Jesus knew that.
You nor anyone else can judge the Salvation of a person who lived 2000 years ago, We MUST rely on the words of Paul who bragged(blessed him) about him and told people to lift him up
If Paul didnt know that Demas was Saved, then we could not rely on him to provide an accurate accounting of the Word that was entrusted to him.
Hank is incorrect in his belief that he was saved when he was Baptised in which you and I disagree with premise, but you are incorrect when you believe that no matter what a person does after they are Saved, their soul is still right with God.this just isnt true. this came from God to help you, I sincerely hope you take it as such.
I am not here to browbeat any person, just to stand for Him and His Word.
Luke 8:13 And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away. 14 And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.

***This does not speak of christians but people like Demas***
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#386200 Sep 7, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
CAN the 'paper pope' garbage. It is laughable at best.
As for transubstantiation, it does not occur. Live with it. It is nothing but a ridiculous FABLE promulgated by an old pope naming himself 'innocent' the 3rd.
Jesus said, "This do in REMEMBRANCE of me".
I will follow Jesus, not your popes.
We showed you that transubstantion was always believed by Christians since the last supper.
Yet, you still claim innocent 3 invented it.
I don't understand you Jac. Are you interested in truth or lies and propaganda?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#386201 Sep 7, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>and this is the problem, peoplelike him and old jg would much rather believe rogers,et al rather than read what the Bible actually teaches.
to me, it is very obvious that Paul was telling us that he would be lost if he didnt obey God. so if Paul knew this and rogers et al dont, it speaks very plainly that they are not what they claim to be.
osas'ers fall back on this false argument that the people erent Saved in the first place, yet Paul worked with Demaas for years, if the guy wasnt where he was supposed to be with the Lord, Paul wouldnt have had him helping in work of the Lord, just as he didnt with Mark. paul didnt compromise with his best friend, so that should reaffirm that Demazs was Saved.
So you believe that salvation is by obdience and not by faith.
What Paul is saying is not in reference to salvation at all but is stating that if he does not do what God has called him to do he would be cast aside and God would raise up another to do the work that Paul was created to do. Salvation does not come or go based on our works.
preston

Waverly, OH

#386202 Sep 7, 2012
I think it is very obvious that people like orville, old jg and others on here have put their soul in danger by believing people like rogers instead of people like Paul.

they are not able to fully understand just what we are discussing, so they must rely on someone else to tell them what they believe. the devil has programmed them into believing false doctrine

old jg introduces "bad works", and orville introduces "demons"(when we are talking about Christians sinning)
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#386203 Sep 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, catholicism is very simple.
Long before the bible was printed for us by the Catholic Church, God gave us the sacraments. Even the most illiterate of us and the mentally handicapped can understand the Eucharist and other sacraments.
There are over 750 million people who can't read today. Millions more in the first millennium could not read AND HAD NO BIBLE TO READ!!
Jesus- in His divine brilliance- gave us the Eucharist so ALL could experience His divine presence without complicated bible study.
You people forced Catholicism to be complicated by putting every little detail under a microscope.
Which btw, catholicism passes the test under the microscope too.
So are you implying that the Eucharist takes the place of the bible?
So what does you little wafer teach you? Does it speak to you?
Please explain the spiritual significance of eating Jesus.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#386204 Sep 7, 2012
preston wrote:
I think it is very obvious that people like orville, old jg and others on here have put their soul in danger by believing people like rogers instead of people like Paul.
they are not able to fully understand just what we are discussing, so they must rely on someone else to tell them what they believe. the devil has programmed them into believing false doctrine
old jg introduces "bad works", and orville introduces "demons"(when we are talking about Christians sinning)
And some folks understand that salvation has NOTHING to do with the sinner. We are saved by the grace of God. He gives us the faith to believe and it is Christ who works through us. There is nothing we can do to receive salvation, why would there be anything we can do to lose it. If we are responsible for our salvation,,, Ephesians 2:8 is a lie.
truth

Perth, Australia

#386205 Sep 7, 2012
they singing to devil

Real Jesus Christ have small army..
wicket can't have holy ticket

you reject me
i suffer with my family
i been before
you are not

remember wicket can't have holy ticket

remember that i will reject you all

Jesus Christ is been on Cross..remember that that i wrote what i see in my vision by power of holy spirit

you wrote as every evil develish satanic way used against me..

I say to you
Asked in name of Almighty Alive God about Jesus Christ name.. but asked deeply with ''heart''
Holy Spirit will give you see as i wrote.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#386206 Sep 7, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you familiarize yourself with the Seder meal.
I am quite familiar with it and have partaken of it on a few occassions.
Now try for a third time to answer the questions.
You are beginning to look very foolish again.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#386207 Sep 7, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
Free Mind's Brilliant 3-Step Process to end this debate forever....
1... By miracles throughout the centuries, the Roman Catholic Church has in its possession a few samples of Eucharists that have turned into actual human tissue and/or blood.
2... Under Church supervision, have each such Eucharist examined by one of more teams of DNA experts and forensic scientists. Have all results sent to a centralized collection point.
3... On an announced day, independent experts overseen by the Church, shall open and compare the DNA results (and other forensic evidence as might be useful).
Show the world the results.
Dare ya.
Why the negative judgies?

Thanks to new scientific methods revealed by God, we now have the means to PROVE the Church's claim.

Imagine!!! If (1) different Eucharistic (2) from different centuries exhibit the SAME DNA, that would be amazing proof of the Church's claims.

Protestants could not ignore this proof.

Orthodox would accept the primacy of the Pope.

In short, it would create the greatest revival in the HISTORY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

The only reason ANYONE WOULD BE AGAINST THIS WOULD BE (1) BECASUE THE PROTESTANTS HERE WOULD HAVE TO ADMIT THEY ARE WRONG -- OR (2) THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WOULD BE PROVEN TO BE A FRAUD.

I wonder which gives this suggestion negative judgies?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#386208 Sep 7, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."
Don't bother telling me this doesn't mean baptism because 2000 years of Christian witness says you're wrong.
You said that Jesus SAID 'baptism'. Your post proves you are wrong. You can believe that he was referring to baptism if you so chose, but that is not the words he used. Thanks for admitting you were mistaken.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#386209 Sep 7, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Jethro8, but your obscure, remote, and abstruse anti-catholic history sources, that you "dig up" are just more of the "same old" heretical "distortions" (in denial of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church)---distortions of "desperation" that have been "drifting around" for 2000 years, beginning with the Arian heresy in 250AD........ The TRUTH and the FACTS of TRUE Historical and Biblical PROVEN TRUTH, has, is and will CONTINUE to be with and remain, IN and through Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
hojo, wouldn't this be a great idea?

1... By miracles throughout the centuries, the Roman Catholic Church has in its possession a few samples of Eucharists that have turned into actual human tissue and/or blood.

2... Under Church supervision, have each such Eucharist examined by one of more teams of DNA experts and forensic scientists. Have all results sent to a centralized collection point.

3... On the announced day, independent experts overseen by the Church, shall open and compare the DNA results (and other forensic evidence as might be useful).

What does the Catholic Church have to fear -- if it isn't a fraud?
preston

Waverly, OH

#386210 Sep 7, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been through this about Demas. He left because of the love of the world. If we love the world the love of the Father is not in you. Demas was an apostate just like Judas. They saw it, believe it, but never received it.
**How does calling someone a fellow laborer qualify them as saved?
** Judas was a disciple and he was not saved and yet God used him for His will. I'm sure Judas gave every indication he was saved and I'm sure the other disciples thought so as well....just like Paul did with Demas.
**If we're responsible for salvation why send Christ to die? Why not have another sacrifice for sin instead of the Son of God if after it's all said and done, people are responsible for their own salvation....makes no sense.
judas NEVER worked in field he took care of the purse strings. so this is incorrect on your part. yes, we have discussed Demas many times, he is proof positive that your belief is false.

for Paul to call Demas a fellow worker in the Gospel is a clear indication that he was Saved especially if you knew what this refers to in the Original Greek(it means that he was a slave to the Gospel, which is why we call Jesus our Master).
I aint hank, I do understand the Bible

And Demas - Demas is mentioned in two other places, Plm 1:24, and 2 Timothy 4:10. He is here spoken of with commendation as one in whom the apostle had confidence. Afterwards, when troubles thickened, he was not found proof to the trials which threatened him in Rome, and forsook the apostle and went to Thessalonica. He did this under the influence of the "love of this present world," or of life, evidently unwilling to lay down his life in the cause for which Paul suffered; see the notes at 2 Timothy 4:10. His departure, and that of the others on whom Paul relied in Rome, was one of the severest trials which he was called there to endure; see the notes at 2 Timothy 4:16.

http://bible.cc/colossians/4-14.htm .

it doesnt make any sense to you because you are not able to fully understand what God is teaching.

you can not call Demas an Apostate since you know nothing about him UNLIKE PAUL.

like I said, Paul wouldnt allow mark to go with them even though he had alarge disagreement with his frien, he just wasnt willing to compromise and use someone in the spread of the Gospel and Demas was with him for some years, and Paul appreciated him and spoke hghly of him to others. do you really believe that Paul was that Spiritually blinded by Demas.

Demas left because he was afraid for his life, not because he was an unbeliever
marge

Ames, IA

#386211 Sep 7, 2012
Hey Cowboy how about these verses?;

Hebrews 12:5-6

And have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you as his children?

He said, "My child, don't make light of the LORD's discipline, and don't give up when he corrects you.
For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child."
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#386212 Sep 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We showed you that transubstantion was always believed by Christians since the last supper.
Yet, you still claim innocent 3 invented it.
I don't understand you Jac. Are you interested in truth or lies and propaganda?
Clay, wouldn't this be a great idea?

3... On the announced day, independent experts overseen by the Church, shall open and compare the DNA results (and other forensic evidence as might be useful).

What does the Catholic Church have to fear -- if the Church isn't a fraud?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#386213 Sep 7, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
On the one hand you say you cannot know, but on the other you can see what they do, and then judge if they align with scripture. What if what they are doing aligns with scripture in their opinion? Rhetorical question, because we know what happens....they start another denomination.
"But they would probably be correct whether I agreed or not."
Thank you. If you didn't agree, you'd spend the rest of your life thinking you were saved and you really weren't. That's why OSAS is a fantasy.
Paul clearly stated that He 'KNEW that to be absent from the body is to be with the Lord".
Paul is clearly stating hear taht at death(when we leave this earthly tabernacle) we(christians)go to be with the Lord.
Sounds to me as though Paul was very sure about his salvation.
Why do you argue so strongly against it?
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#386214 Sep 7, 2012
Thanks to new scientific methods revealed by God, we now have the means to PROVE the Church's claim of Real Presence.

Imagine!!! If (1) different Eucharists (2) from different centuries (3) exhibit the SAME DNA.

That would be amazing proof of the Church's claims.

Protestants could not ignore this proof.

Orthodox would accept the primacy of the Pope.

People of no faith would be astonished into recognizing the RCC.

It might even reclaim the Muslim world.

In short, it would create the greatest revival in the HISTORY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

God gave us this opportunity. Why does the RCC run away?
Anthony MN

Excelsior, MN

#386215 Sep 7, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i looked up the false teachings of the C.C. and this is wghat i found,if you read the passages sited,it is true,plagerize nothing,just posting the truth,i did not say i wrote this or anything like that,that is plagerizing,all i did is look up the truth,you c don't like it so you throw out false accusations,like you have in the past.
You posted it under your name here without citing the source. That's called plagiarism.

Your accusations are the "truth", and you can't prove them, and my accusations are false, but I can prove them. For instance, the site you got this from (and which I've read many times), says people like you are going to hell just like the Catholics.

For some odd reason, you seem to think they speak the truth about certain things, and lie about others.
preston

Waverly, OH

#386216 Sep 7, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 8:13 And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away. 14 And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.
***This does not speak of christians but people like Demas***
"THEY BELIEVE ". Christians are believers

Key Words.

"For awhile".

certainly years that Demas worked in the Gospel disproves those words.

the fact that Paul spoke highly of Demas is a clear indication that he had fruits and they were mature.

try again, lies(false doctrine) cant be proven to be true
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#386217 Sep 7, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Paul's "thoughts" were transmitted to those he taught. They had the ability to cross examine him, which you don't. He transmitted his "thoughts" by word of mouth and letter. His "thoughts" were transmitted by those he taught to others who wrote down what his "thoughts" were. We have those records still today.
There are no such records of St. Paul's "thoughts" that agree with your thinking of what he "thought", until John Calvin 1500 years later. Unless you can produce the verse where St. Paul says we are once saved, always saved, you're just taking the word of John Calvin, not St. Paul.
Just some food for "thought".
A person could starve to death on that kind of 'thought food'. I repeat...If i give you MY WORD, it would be STUPID to go to another to see what I said.
Anthony MN

Excelsior, MN

#386218 Sep 7, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so.
All you are claiming is the lie that 'Jesus needed your religion to help Him forgive sins'.
This is totally absurd, abominable, and deceptive teaching on your part.
Your priests cannot absolve anyone. ONLY GOD CAN, and does... in the person of Jesus Christ, our TRUE LORD AND SAVIOR.
As usual, the romanist denomination is trying to out-do Jesus, and that will not work.
Why did Jesus give authority to the apostles to forgive and retain sins? Why did He give St. Peter the keys to the kingdom? Why did He tell him that whatever he binds on earth will be bound in heaven?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Christian with Jesus 817,737
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 39,965
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min Justice League 1,996
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 10 min LAWEST100 115
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min RiccardoFire 97,997
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min LAWEST100 609,871
Help Stop Persecution Of Christians Worldwide! 34 min Just Saying 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Porkpie Hat 270,164
More from around the web