Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688601 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#385391 Sep 3, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they teach you that in deacon school? You should ask for your money back...I'm pretty sure PayPal processes refunds.
LOL...Regina that guy is not very bright and surely should not be preaching to anyone. A prime example of why everyone is not supposed to be in charge.

Ghandi was once asked if he had ever considered becoming a CHristian. His response was, "I may have considered becoming a CHristian if I had ever met one." A sad notation

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#385392 Sep 3, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey the mouthy little witch is back. This should be fun. Hermi lies and Regina swears to it. Beautiful to watch. Magic in the making. Much like Simon Magus. Regina, you know him. Sure you do, he is your daddy
<quoted text>
Most certainly. When we deacons are subjected to false doctrine our reaction is very Biblical. We must do as Jesus has done in the past. If possible, throw your kind out of the temple but in this case "reveal your kind on the forum". By the way, thanks for the heads up about Paypal.
Old Jg Everything you post Scripturally is undone by your unChristian approach to others.If one wants to know who knows the Bible watch their actions.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#385393 Sep 3, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Hope you are well. Missed you.
Peanut hasn't ever been well.......lol
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#385394 Sep 3, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...Regina that guy is not very bright and surely should not be preaching to anyone. A prime example of why everyone is not supposed to be in charge.
Ghandi was once asked if he had ever considered becoming a CHristian. His response was, "I may have considered becoming a CHristian if I had ever met one." A sad notation
Talk about coincidence! I was thinking that very thing about Ghandi earier today after reading this forum! Very sad indeed.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#385395 Sep 3, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey the mouthy little witch is back. This should be fun. Hermi lies and Regina swears to it. Beautiful to watch. Magic in the making. Much like Simon Magus. Regina, you know him. Sure you do, he is your daddy
<quoted text>
Most certainly. When we deacons are subjected to false doctrine our reaction is very Biblical. We must do as Jesus has done in the past. If possible, throw your kind out of the temple but in this case "reveal your kind on the forum". By the way, thanks for the heads up about Paypal.
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Online Minister Training
Since ordination is between the person and God, we have always ordained anyone who steps forward (I'll say! LOL!). However, it is important to make minister training available to the majority of our ministers (Why bother?)
Although some people are ready to function well as ministers without degrees or further study (uh-huh), most of us need additional training. For that reason, we make distance learning minister training available through our online home study courses.
Online Home Study:
The distance learning training courses listed below are available for online home study.
Each course is thirty lessons in length except the Minister's Training Course which is twenty-six lessons. At the end of each lesson you will be presented with a quiz, mostly of the "true or false" or "choose the correct answer" type questions.
Discount Packages
We offer discount packages that include Minister Certificates and Ordination, along with wedding packages which include everything you need to perfom or officiate at a wedding.
Apply for your refund here:
http://www.amfellow.org/categories/Discount-P...
Thanks again Regina. You are a wonderful little witch. Although I did not need your help I must say I do appreciate it. Your posts continually reveal the attributes of your daddy, Simon Magus. May I encourage you to continue. It truely amuzes me.

Simon Magus....the true first Pope of the Roman Catholic church. Regina is living proof the popes do have sex. Simon is her daddy. Let's give her a big round of applause. Go girl. Go girl.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#385396 Sep 3, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM, I don't know of a single Catholic who accepts the Eucharist definition because they read about it. We partake in it, therefore we experienced it and believe. Thanks be to God.
Sorry, Clay -- but you 'experience' a baked, embossed wafer, and a bit of wine. You BELIEVE transubstantiation occurs because you're TOLD TO. And you are told to believe everything your leaders say WITHOUT QUESTION...
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#385397 Sep 3, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>These Scriptures are great for anyone who considers that baptism saves in and of itself.Why because they are all inclusive as to believing first,repenting and followed through by baptism.Those here who consider that baptism is needed for salvation can use these scripture verses to their stand.
But the truth is every Scripture includes believing and repentance."IF one does not believe they will be condemned." The point you must make is that baptism is part and parcel to believing and repentance,it is ONE package indeed.Baptism alone can save no one,for it truly would be a work.For if people just take someone and baptise them for salvation,that is false teaching indeed.But,if you are going to continue on the arguement that baptism is not needed for salvation than those Scriptures are proof you are wrong,as baptism would never have been instituted into our faith if in fact it was a useless practice.
EVERY believer should be encouraged to be baptised,and if they are taught it is not necessary to be baptised,than those who teach such are guilty of false teaching and degrading the Scriptures.Baptism is one practise in our faith that is biblical to the core,and most needed for every believer to experience.Does not the Word say,that baptism washes away our sin? Which verse you supplied says that?
Pad I agree, every believer should be Baptised by water.
How ever to be saved one must be born again, water baptism is the next step.
Catholic's on here believe they were born again and recieved the Holy Spirit at birth.
Water Baptism is from John the Baptist, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and of fire is from Jesus.
So which Baptism saves. I am Baptised By Holy Ghost and fire unto Salvation, I am Baptised in Water as an outward sign of the new birth. I die to self am buried with Jesus and rise again into His resurrection a new person the Old has passed away everything is brand new.
There as many people who have been born again that have died before they were Baptised by Water are they in Hell.

Location hidden

#385398 Sep 3, 2012
OldJG wrote:
LTM wrote:
If baptism is necessary for salvation, why would Paul have said,“I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius”(1 Corinthians 1:14)? Why would he have said,“For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power”(1 Corinthians 1:17)? Granted, in this passage Paul is arguing against the divisions that plagued the Corinthian church. However, how could Paul possibly say,“I am thankful that I did not baptize…” or “For Christ did not send me to baptize…” if baptism were necessary for salvation? If baptism is necessary for salvation, Paul would literally be saying,“I am thankful that you were not saved…” and “For Christ did not send me to save…” That would be an unbelievably ridiculous statement for Paul to make. Further, when Paul gives a detailed outline of what he considers the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-8), why does he neglect to mention baptism? If baptism is a requirement for salvation, how could any presentation of the gospel lack a mention of baptism?
<quoted text>
If baptism is a requirement for salvation how many did Jesus baptize?
Jesus did no baptizing, personally... His disciples did.

Joh 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
Joh 4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#385399 Sep 3, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Old Jg Everything you post Scripturally is undone by your unChristian approach to others.If one wants to know who knows the Bible watch their actions.
Hermi, I am sorry you feel that way. Did I offend your off-spring? Gosh, I thought you just said a kind word about how I approached you. Are you double minded?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#385401 Sep 3, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about coincidence! I was thinking that very thing about Ghandi earier today after reading this forum! Very sad indeed.
What does that say about the Roman Catholic church? Ghandi never saw your Christianity. Nor have I.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#385402 Sep 3, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Herme that comment can be address to just about everyone on here,
We all have sinned and have come short of the Glory of God.

Location hidden

#385403 Sep 3, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Our Lord Jesus Christ gets tired of our praise?
Does a parent ever get bored when their children tell them how much they love them? I know I don't.
Maybe you should quit reading the same bible verses over and over and over and over. reciting them reciting reciting reciting..
Scripture reading IS A FORM OF PRAYER ya know!
lol
Personally, I believe Old JG was referring to your repetitive prayers, long-winded and repetitious in lines. And of course, that false prayer, your 'hail Mary' among others.

The Bible God gave us clearly states we should avoid vain repetition.

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#385404 Sep 3, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Our Lord Jesus Christ gets tired of our praise?
Does a parent ever get bored when their children tell them how much they love them? I know I don't.
Maybe you should quit reading the same bible verses over and over and over and over. reciting them reciting reciting reciting..
Scripture reading IS A FORM OF PRAYER ya know!
lol
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I believe Old JG was referring to your repetitive prayers, long-winded and repetitious in lines. And of course, that false prayer, your 'hail Mary' among others.
Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
He did not understand me and hopefully he will understand you. Thank you for the assist.

Location hidden

#385405 Sep 3, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hermi, I am sorry you feel that way. Did I offend your off-spring? Gosh, I thought you just said a kind word about how I approached you. Are you double minded?
No. You were positive when you approached me and I thanked you. Then you turned and insulted and offended.I guess that is how you respond when someone lets their guard down and extends a positive comment.I wont make the same mistake twicw. And where in Scripture that you are so fond of quoting does it require a Christian to insult, make sexual comments, put down, attempt to humiliate etc. Chapter and verse please.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#385406 Sep 3, 2012
Converting grace changes people's language of and to good people and good ministers. How serious the jailer's inquiry! His salvation becomes his great concern; that lies nearest his heart, which before was furthest from his thoughts. It is his own precious soul that he is concerned about. Those who are thoroughly convinced of sin, and truly concerned about their salvation, will give themselves up to Christ. Here is the sum of the whole gospel, the covenant of grace in a few words; Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. The Lord so blessed the word, that the jailer was at once softened and humbled. He treated them with kindness and compassion, and, professing faith in Christ, was baptized in that name, with his family. The Spirit of grace worked such a strong faith in them, as did away further doubt; and Paul and Silas knew by the Spirit, that a work of God was wrought in them. When sinners are thus converted, they will love and honour those whom they before despised and hated, and will seek to lessen the suffering they before desired to increase. When the fruits of faith begin to appear, terrors will be followed by confidence and joy in God.
Matthew Henry

Location hidden

#385407 Sep 3, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, I recite the "Our Father" every night before bed. Then, every morning when I wake up. Sometimes I'll say it again during the day if I need to. Before every meal I give God thanks by saying "bless us, our lord and these our gifts, which I am about to receive, from thy bounty through Christ Our Lord, Amen"
According to Prophet Old G, these repetitive prayers annoy God.
Dear God,
I am sorry for thanking you everyday for the food I have. The deacon you called, Deacon Old JG, says this is repetitive and goes against scripture. I promise not to do it anymore. I'll keep the Our Father down to one a week so as not to seem repetitive. Sorry,
Clay
Can you say FACETIOUS?
I thought you could...

Location hidden

#385408 Sep 3, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You have 2 faces my friend. One is the holy man quoting Scripture. The other is a disrespectful,hurtful,maliciou s,victimizer. Kind of like the Priests you constantly refer to.

Location hidden

#385409 Sep 3, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What does that say about the Roman Catholic church? Ghandi never saw your Christianity. Nor have I.
I wonder what Ghandi would have thought of Christianity if he met you.

Location hidden

#385410 Sep 3, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks again Regina. You are a wonderful little witch. Although I did not need your help I must say I do appreciate it. Your posts continually reveal the attributes of your daddy, Simon Magus. May I encourage you to continue. It truely amuzes me.
Simon Magus....the true first Pope of the Roman Catholic church. Regina is living proof the popes do have sex. Simon is her daddy. Let's give her a big round of applause. Go girl. Go girl.
Ask yourself this question. Is this the man you want to teach you about the Eucharist, about Baptism, about True Christianity?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#385411 Sep 3, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen

2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face,[and turn from their wicked ways;] then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Will GOD HEAR THE PRAYER OF A SINNER?

Luke 23:33-43

Introduction:

The other day I was ask this question, "Will God hear the prayer of a sinner?" The one asking the question quoted the verse below.

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.(KJV)

Many don't pray because they are not sure God is listening. They may feel that what they have done -- that is the sin in their life -- prevents God from listening.

Isa 59:1-2Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.(KJV)

http://focusongod.com/pray01.htm

Read the whole thing for the answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min Wisdom of Ages 36,517
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min trifecta1 988,420
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min scientistsknowrea... 619,810
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,541
How did black people get here ( economically) 9 hr RFD 64
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 10 hr RFD 18
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 11 hr JuJu 6
More from around the web