Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
370,421 - 370,440 of 532,450 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot enter the kingdom (or the church) without it.
You must be born again. It is not optional.
Just as faith is not optional.
Without what? Being born again? Every Christian is aware of being born again. What is your point?
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Covenant? Were you saved under the Old Covenant or the NEW COVENANT?
Also, I am still waiting for the name of the person who was saved twice. When will I receive that name?
Well, I personally believe God saved me twice.(maybe more)
I felt the power of the Holy Spirit at my confirmation in Jr high. Then, fell away and served
Material things and partied too much. Thanks be to God I didn't die during that period, as I didn't really believe in the Christ anymore.
My free will drew me away from Our Lord. My free will brought me back and certainly He did the rest.
God respects our free will; our gift to choose!
Face it, if you really wanted, you could join a satanic cult. Then are you still 'saved'??
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2:37
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
WHAT SHALL WE DO???
You have to DO something....
WHAT WERE THEY TOLD TO DO???
Read John 3:16. Read Acts 16:30-31. The only requirement for salvation is........FAITH/BELIEF

Did Jesus miss the mark in John 3:16? Did Luke miss the mark in Acts 16:30-31? How about John 3:18? Check also John 5:24, John 6:47, John 11:26, I John 5:5, Acts 13:39, Romans 10:4, I Peter 2:6 and I John 5:10 just to list a few.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I felt the power of the Holy Spirit at my confirmation in Jr high. Then, fell away and served
Material things and partied too much. Thanks be to God I didn't die during that period, as I didn't really believe in the Christ anymore.
My free will drew me away from Our Lord. My free will brought me back and certainly He did the rest.
Face it, if you really wanted, you could join a satanic cult. Then are you still 'saved'??
What CANNOT separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.....

1. Death
2. Life
3. Angels
4. Principalities
5. Powers
6. Things present
7. Things to come
8. Height
9. Depth

OR ANY OTHER CREATED THING. Are you a created thing? What can you do to separate yourself from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

Didn't you say yesterday that you were not raised Catholic?

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Read John 3:16. Read Acts 16:30-31. The only requirement for salvation is........FAITH/BELIEF
Did Jesus miss the mark in John 3:16? Did Luke miss the mark in Acts 16:30-31? How about John 3:18? Check also John 5:24, John 6:47, John 11:26, I John 5:5, Acts 13:39, Romans 10:4, I Peter 2:6 and I John 5:10 just to list a few.
Old JG,

Open your heart, eyes, and ears to the Word of God....

There is more to your salvation than just FAITH/BELIEF....

You are leaving out the other COMMANDS of Christ in the New Testament.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What CANNOT separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.....
1. Death
2. Life
3. Angels
4. Principalities
5. Powers
6. Things present
7. Things to come
8. Height
9. Depth
OR ANY OTHER CREATED THING. Are you a created thing? What can you do to separate yourself from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord?
SIN, SIN, SIN....

Sin SEPARATES us....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Hey "Truth", what are the requirements to be saved? Your version may be different than what Jesus told us. Jesus said ......

John 3:16-18, 16 ""For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever BELIEVES in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." 17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 "He who BELIEVES in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has NOT BELIEVED in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Finally Truth, how were you baptized?
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Let's play crusty minded old JG Crusty for short. We will use the KJV bible which started with over 2000 errors in its first translation admitted by Protestant scholars leaving out the endless interpretations of Protestants by what it really says.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water AND of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh IS FLESH; and that which is born of the Spirit IS SPIRIT.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye MUST be born again.

So Crusty argues because the Dhouay Rheims translation says born again of water and spirit that it says born again of water. lol

Ok lets use the KJV translation I will spell out John in full in case Ole Crusty gets confused on semantics again. lol

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye MUST be born again.

Wait a minute Crusty. Isnt your argument it doesnt say born again of water and spirit it says born of water and spirit. Well you reworded that to say Anthony said born again of water. lol Well apparently Jesus was reading into that verse without your logic. I asked you what Jesus asked Nicodemus because it clearly answers your problematic limited understanding and command of the Enlgish language or was Jesus wrong again?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste crusty.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Old JG,
Open your heart, eyes, and ears to the Word of God....
There is more to your salvation than just FAITH/BELIEF....
You are leaving out the other COMMANDS of Christ in the New Testament.....
Really? Let me see.....open your eyes and actually read the Word of God.

Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast."

Or maybe......Acts 16:30-31, 30 "And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31 So they said, "BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

I guess you just forgot these verses, right? LOL

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You know this? Wow. That deacon school must be really cool.
The verse says nothing about "receiving" Him, all it says is if you profess with you mouth and believe in your heart, you're saved. Obviously you think there's more to it than that.

Obviously! I challenge you...or anyone else to commit yourself to Him...tell Him you wish to serve Him faithfully...believing that He WILL hear you.(You DO want that, do you not? But you need to tell HIM that.)

A real eye-opener...

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
Let's play crusty minded old JG Crusty for short. We will use the KJV bible which started with over 2000 errors in its first translation admitted by Protestant scholars leaving out the endless interpretations of Protestants by what it really says.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water AND of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh IS FLESH; and that which is born of the Spirit IS SPIRIT.
So Crusty argues because the Dhouay Rheims translation says born again of water and spirit that it says born again of water. lol
Ok lets use the KJV translation I will spell out John in full in case Ole Crusty gets confused on semantics again. lol
Wait a minute Crusty. Isnt your argument it doesnt say born again of water and spirit it says born of water and spirit. Well you reworded that to say Anthony said born again of water. lol Well apparently Jesus was reading into that verse without your logic. I asked you what Jesus asked Nicodemus because it clearly answers your problematic limited understanding and command of the Enlgish language or was Jesus wrong again?
Of all of the things you have lost it is your mind you miss the most. Yes, yours is gone.

Does the Bible, the real Bible from the Greek, does that Bible say "BORN AGAIN OF WATER"? Yes or No?

Finally, why was Jesus born oh educated one? Please tell us. We wait for your Master's degree in English to edify us. LOL LOL Please don't let us down moron.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

The Pope is the anti-Christ, the Roman Catholic church is a vessel for the promotion of evil under the guise of "Christianity" - its strong links with freemasonry, the mafia, all indicate that is is involved in a world-wide plot to promote Satanism.
Never has the world had to combat such an evil yet outwardly "good" organisation, it covers its real motives very well.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
The Douay-Rheims Bible is translated from the Latin Vulgate. Let me ask the oh so wise educated Master in English brilliant one, was the New Testament written in Greek or Latin? Come on man you can do it. Think hard. Sorry. I forgot.....Roman Catholics don't think....they are dumb sheep and follow a man instead of the living God. My bad. Please don't hurt yourself by attempting to think, OK?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Really? Let me see.....open your eyes and actually read the Word of God.
Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast."
Or maybe......Acts 16:30-31, 30 "And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31 So they said, "BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."
I guess you just forgot these verses, right? LOL
Find the COMMANDS of Jesus in the New Testament.....

It is more than just FAITH/BELIEF....

Now, look at SIN in these verses:

2 Peter 2:12-17

12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.

13 They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.

14 With eyes full of adultery,[[[[[they never stop sinning;]]]]] they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood!

15 ~~~~~They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer, who loved the wages of wickedness.~~~~~

16 *****But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—an animal without speech—who spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.*****

17 These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them.

Look at Verse 14: THEY NEVER STOPPED SINNING....

Look at Verse 15: They have left the STRAIGHT WAY and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer, who loved the wages of wickedness (SIN.)

Are they separated from God???

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Instead of following God, who did they turn to???

Now, look at Verse 17: Blackest darkness is reserved for them.

What are they going to receive??? BLACKEST DARKNESS!!!

The only thing I can tell you, OldJG, is get out of this Once Saved Always Saved false teachings before it is too late for you....
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Of all of the things you have lost it is your mind you miss the most. Yes, yours is gone.
Does the Bible, the real Bible from the Greek, does that Bible say "BORN AGAIN OF WATER"? Yes or No?
Finally, why was Jesus born oh educated one? Please tell us. We wait for your Master's degree in English to edify us. LOL LOL Please don't let us down moron.
Deflection is what Protestants do best. Here is what I wrote again genius.

Where did Anthony the Dhouay rheims, me or anyone else say born again of water alone? We didnt.

Simply answer why Jesus asked, John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye MUST be born again.

Why do you continue to lie? I am sure there a couple of Protestants in here who know you are lying but wont say anything because of their hatred. However clearly you are wrong. Your pride and name calling will not change that. You clearly would have called Jesus a moron for reading into what you know is the real deal. It's really quite sad, but a good example of how your own authority is more important than the truth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
John 3:5

5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

OldJG wrote:
The Douay-Rheims Bible is translated from the Latin Vulgate. Let me ask the oh so wise educated Master in English brilliant one, was the New Testament written in Greek or Latin? Come on man you can do it. Think hard. Sorry. I forgot.....Roman Catholics don't think....they are dumb sheep and follow a man instead of the living God. My bad. Please don't hurt yourself by attempting to think, OK?
Are you on the same planet d**k h**d, try to re-enetr the real world instead of pontificating on biblical nonsense and re-engage your brain,(assumimg you have one), on REAL issues.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Death
2. Life
3. Angels
4. Principalities
5. Powers
6. Things present
7. Things to come
8. Height
9. Depth
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
SIN, SIN, SIN....
Sin SEPARATES us....
Sin cannot separate a TRUE BELIEVER from Jesus Christ. All sins, past, present and future have been forgiven. A sin forgiven by God is a sin forgotten by God.

Hebrews 8:12, ""For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."

Hebrews 10:17, ""AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."

Sin separates NON-BELIEVERS from God.

II Corinthians 5:18-19, 18 "All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation."
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was asking Nicodemus to be baptized, correct? Wow are you stupid.
Immediately after the discourse with Nicodemus, Jesus and the disciples went out and baptized. The chapter continues to be about baptism, i.e., St. John the Baptist. Also, Jesus's last command before His glorius ascension was to go out and make disciples, baptizing them. Also, every single piece of recorded history from day one says that "born again of water and the Spirit" was baptism.

Apparently you think Jesus, His disciples and all Christians for the first 1500 years were stupid.

Hey, that must've been some classy deacon school you went to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

405 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min dirty white boy- 720,264
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 min seriously the original 5,214
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min Naveen kumar 4,528
Nanci Jo Frazer WINS in Court - a Case of Innoc... (Oct '13) 19 min Local Person 20
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min Epiphany2 599,049
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min Porkpie Hat 256,397
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 224,026
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 14 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••