Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627610 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#384942 Sep 1, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, your entire life has been "dumbed down". You don't see the difference between "BORN AGAIN OF WATER" and born of water? Then dumb most certainly described you and your lack of comprehension.
You make no valid argument and have not one leg to stand on, therefore, shut that slow leak under your nose. It is beginning to reveal your real IQ-------007? Oops, I just make you James Bond or better yet James in bondage.
<quoted text>
You are really are lost and unable to read. Read my post and then read your response to my post. You make absolutely no sense. Are you taking drugs or drinking hard booze? You called Jesus Christ an idiot. You have so shame, no faith and no game. Go rot someplace!
LOL...Oh Confrinter no bible verses for your buddy? Seriously you are a riot. Everyone who can think knows that you have been destroyed. However if you wish to continue in your delusion that is your choice. Spin, fold, bend, mutilate, dance and lash out. It has you written all over it. That egg on your face should last you the rest of your life. ;0 Well I have to count denominations now. It helps me sleep sad as it may be. I truly hope you one day find God.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384943 Sep 1, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, thank you. I missed you. Great seeing you back here. Haven't been ill, I hope? Anyhoo, WELCOME BACK!
No, not ill. In fact feeling great. I pop in and read a few of the posts every now and then. But to be honest it is all just the same old same old, and I see very little worthy of further discussion. It is really rather depressing to read most of what is posted and the spirip of the posts. But I will probably continue to pop in from time to time, just to keep everyone honest.lol Blessings.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384944 Sep 1, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So J. Michael Houdmann is your pope. It's too bad because he ignores Jesus and is leading OSAS folks into eternal damnation.
"Jesus answered: Amen, amen, I say to you, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."
"Then Jesus said to them: "Amen, amen, I say unto you: unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eats my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will raise him up in the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father has sent me and I live by the Father: so he that eats me, the same also shall live by me."
Sorry you missed it. Perhaps if you 'read' the aricle before going on your seek and destroy mission you would gain a better understanding of what others believe and why.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#384945 Sep 1, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt in my mind that you have at least 90 in your ecclesiastical heretic gatherings in your Protestant Evangelical do it yourself building that you gather in to string together bible verses adding in your opintions and new traditons to form your personal truth. You better check again. You might want to look up what Mark Twain said about opinions and Irenaus and Luther too! ;0
Dust Storm,you are much like the rest of us here,you cannot resist returning to give your wealth of knowledge to us.

I admire you,often your posts are true and you hit it right on the nail,when it comes to the diversity of thought in the Christian religion altogether.

But in fact, God knows hwo are His.That is why we need to be born again of His Spirit.That separates the wheat from the chaff,the sheep from the goats,the flowers from the weeds.

Truth is not hidden from us these days,one can get a picture of truth from many sources.The Bible is the Divine,Sacred Source we believers have,and faith after repentance and commitment to God opens the door to revelation and sound teaching.

Evangelical believers are human beings first of all and many are the product of what they hear from the pulpits,no doubt this to be true.I find however that God has His own way of dealing with the many voices that are out there today. The Holy Spirit does teach the humble of heart and those who have been soundly converted to Christ.It is in them He gives the basics of truth that we all share with each other.Our churches are not without that great and wondrous Revelator,the Holy Spirit of TRUTH,the 3rd Person of the Godhead who was sent by the Father to reveal the Holy One J e s u s to those of us by faith that have entered in.

Now you know that I am not limiting God,WHO s e e s and looks upon the heart.Catholics and Protestants,Orthodox,and Evangelicals,Coptics and even people who are locked into cults can find truth.If the Lord Jesus is not about winning souls,than what is He doing with this vast body of witnesses?

Surely those Jews who are now Messianic,and even Muslims who are forsaking Allah and praying to the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob,and giving their lives to JESUS, is a witness of what Jesus Christ wants in the travail of His Own Soul.Isaiah 53.

The Great Intercessor of all time,the Lord Jesus is going beyond every wall,every hindrance set up by man and the devil,in order to reach precious souls,and to redeem them for the glory of His Father.

EVERY church or edifice built with human hands that is erected to house the Body of Christ today is special to God in Christ.We are all the called of Him who saves by His grace.That is why I cannot personally waste my time vilifying any member of the Body of Christ no matter what their affiliation.

We disagree with the semantics,or the practices,but the overall love of Jesus constrains us to see HIM in believers everywhere who live for Him,and may suffer and die for Him as well.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384946 Sep 1, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctrine of "once saved, always saved" was invented by John Calvin during the Reformation. Under this theory, the Protestant believes that one is saved when he accepts Jesus as personal Lord and Savior. This is comforting - after all, who wouldn't want assurance? According to this view, true Christians are the ones who will persevere to the end. For those who accepted Christ during their lives but did not persevere to the end, the doctrine calls these people superficial Christians. So true Christians will go to heaven and superficial Christians will not. Not only is this teaching not Scriptural, it is difficult to accept the teaching on reason.
The only distinction between a true Christian and a superficial Christian is that the superficial Christian did not persevere to the end. Otherwise, the two types of Christians appear to be the same. The superficial Christian has all the earmarks of a true Christian except that he did not persevere. But this necessarily means that the true Christian cannot know that he really is a true Christian either until the end of his life. He, too, won't know whether his conversion was genuine until the end of his life. Therefore, despite all the talk about assurance, he cannot be sure.
This doctrine, therefore, actually gives its adherents less assurance of their salvation. It necessarily imposes upon them uncertainty until the end. The Catholic (and Scriptural) view, however, does give assurance to the believer that he is in fact currently saved (a true Christian), and that, if he perseveres to the end, he will be saved at death. We also know that God will give all the graces necessary for us to be faithful to the end (because of our freewill, the question is always whether we will accept the grace or not). Thus, Catholics know that it is theirs to lose. Protestant Calvinists don't even know whether it is theirs to begin with.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/
So according to your spam a catholic has total charge of keeping or loosing salvation. So exactly what is God's part in the 'catholics' salvation?
And according to YOUR beliefs a catholic would be better off to wait till the very latest time of thier life to become a christian. for then there would be less time and opportunities to loose it.
How does grace and God fit into your 'gospel'?
It seems they do not.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384947 Sep 1, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctrine of "once saved, always saved" was invented by John Calvin during the Reformation. Under this theory, the Protestant believes that one is saved when he accepts Jesus as personal Lord and Savior. This is comforting - after all, who wouldn't want assurance? According to this view, true Christians are the ones who will persevere to the end. For those who accepted Christ during their lives but did not persevere to the end, the doctrine calls these people superficial Christians. So true Christians will go to heaven and superficial Christians will not. Not only is this teaching not Scriptural, it is difficult to accept the teaching on reason.
The only distinction between a true Christian and a superficial Christian is that the superficial Christian did not persevere to the end. Otherwise, the two types of Christians appear to be the same. The superficial Christian has all the earmarks of a true Christian except that he did not persevere. But this necessarily means that the true Christian cannot know that he really is a true Christian either until the end of his life. He, too, won't know whether his conversion was genuine until the end of his life. Therefore, despite all the talk about assurance, he cannot be sure.
This doctrine, therefore, actually gives its adherents less assurance of their salvation. It necessarily imposes upon them uncertainty until the end. The Catholic (and Scriptural) view, however, does give assurance to the believer that he is in fact currently saved (a true Christian), and that, if he perseveres to the end, he will be saved at death. We also know that God will give all the graces necessary for us to be faithful to the end (because of our freewill, the question is always whether we will accept the grace or not). Thus, Catholics know that it is theirs to lose. Protestant Calvinists don't even know whether it is theirs to begin with.
So Anthony, how did you do today? Did you persevere ENOUGH? Did you do all the things a GOOD CATHOLIC must do to keep from losing your salvation. Were you perfect? Or is that what is required? Or were you just 'pretty good'? Is that enough? Please explain exactly how YOUR gospel works. What does it really look like in real life?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#384948 Sep 1, 2012
The Trial of Your Faith

BIBLE MEDITATION:

“That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 1:7

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
James 1:13 says,“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man.”

Some people get confused between temptations and trials, and the difference between the two is this:

TRIALS are sent by God to cause us to stand.

TEMPTATION to sin is sent by the devil to cause us to stumble.

One is meant for our maturity. The other is meant for our misery. James used this word interchangeably. While God does not cause both kinds, God allows both kinds, and He will use both to make us more like Jesus.

ACTION POINT:
Are you in the furnace of affliction? Do you feel you’re being tempted? Trust in God to see you through.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384949 Sep 1, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual your RCC spam is incindiary and inaccurate and based on suppositions.
As one who has counciled many professing christians, the common thread that binds all true believers together is thier complete and total assurance that they have indeed been born from on high and made a new creation in Christ. That coupled with the awareness that they are very different in thier very nature binds all true christians together in thier personal testamonies.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384950 Sep 1, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So J. Michael Houdmann is your pope. It's too bad because he ignores Jesus and is leading OSAS folks into eternal damnation.
"Jesus answered: Amen, amen, I say to you, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."
"Then Jesus said to them: "Amen, amen, I say unto you: unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eats my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will raise him up in the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father has sent me and I live by the Father: so he that eats me, the same also shall live by me."
Why do you try to force the curse of following a POPE on all other believers. I recognize and claim no pope. Sorry that you do.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#384951 Sep 1, 2012
"Saved" Roman Catholic

It is common for members of the Roman Catholic Church to claim that they are born-again saved Christians. The following are questions to ask a member of the Roman Catholic Church who claims to be truly saved:

1.When were you converted?
2.How were you converted?
3.To what, or to whom, were you converted?
4.What do you believe now that you did not believe before your conversion?
5.What does it mean to be saved?
6.On what Scriptural promises do you base your salvation?
7.What does it mean to be born again?
8.Are you sure today that if you die tomorrow, or at any time in the future, you will be in heaven immediately after death?
9.What do you believe about Purgatory?
10.What do you believe about the Mass?
11.Do you still participate in the Mass?
12.Do you believe that to miss Mass voluntarily on Sunday would be a mortal sin, so that if you did not confess it before you died, you would not go to heaven?
13.Do you believe that any sinner can be saved who dies without trusting in Jesus Christ alone for the salvation of his soul and forgiveness of his sins?
14.Do you believe that Mary and Roman Catholic saints can help you get to heaven?
15.How do you believe that the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ is applied to your soul?
16.Have you told your priest you have been saved (converted)?
17.Do you believe you will still go to heaven if you leave the Roman Catholic Church, receive believer's baptism and join a fundamental Protestant church?
18.When and where do you plan to do this?

"When were you converted?" Was it at your baptism? "How were you converted?" Was it through the blood atonement of Jesus Christ alone? Or was it, as Rome has clearly taught, through your good works along with the help and intercession of Mary, along with a stay in Purgatory? "What does it mean to be born again?" A Roman Catholic must answer this as, "being born again means your original sin is removed as a result of the water of baptism." Et cetera.

As these questions, and others you can think of, are discussed in detail, you will quickly see that the person is trusting in his work, merits, baptism, confirmation, sacraments, or something besides - or plus - Jesus Christ and not in Christ and Christ alone. He can then be shown the difference between his unbiblical form of salvation and the saving faith of the Bible.

If however, a Roman Catholic answers those questions Biblically, then he or she is really not a Roman Catholic. If someone believes in the Biblical gospel of grace, then he or she is not a Roman Catholic. He or she is merely a Christian attending the wrong church.

Having concluded from the Scriptures that the Roman Catholic Church is not the church founded by Christ, but rather an apostate form of Christianity, the new believer must leave. He cannot remain, without being disobedient to God, in an institution that teaches a false gospel.

James McCarthy tells the story of "Mike and Nadine," two Roman Catholics who left the church.

Though neither Mike nor Nadine realized it at the time, they both left Roman Catholicism the moment they began to place the plain teaching of Scripture over the teachings of the Church. No longer willing to allow Rome to interpret God's Word for them, they were no longer Roman Catholics.

Rome clearly teaches a gospel radically different than the Biblical one. In addition, Rome has placed its own Magisterium above the Bible. No true Christian can stay a member of the Roman Catholic Church any more than someone saved out of Mormonism can stay in that church.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#384952 Sep 1, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
So your argument is that Jesus had no idea what he was saying when he said what he did to Nicodemus? He was an idiot with no leg to stand on? What say you Protestants?
What you questioned at the end here Dust Storm is what this blog is all about."What say you Protestants? In other words surely since there are so many of you with different titles,you have r42,000 different answers to what being born of water is.

Not withstanding that within your own ranks Catholics have different opinions and various answers for the same subject as well.I have attended Catholic bible studies,the brave Catholics who are not afraid to speak their own thoughts will give their own opinion even if it does not coincide with the Church.Nevertheless there are groups of Catholics in a given study who will all just listen to the words of a priest who may be officiating.That can be seen in Prot circles as well.

Roman Catholics have a different view about the actual transubstantiation of the Host and the Wine,from the Orthodox.The Orthodox always give both bread and wine to their celebrants during Communion.YET you both claim you believe the same way about the Eucharist. But in fact the Eucharist is given differently and viewed two ways not the same in RC churches and Orthodox churches.

Many Orthodox would not believe in the Marian apparitions,and do not recite the Rosary,yet they give much veneration to the Blessed Mother and her Assumption into Heaven. Various opinions and different practices are seen in your circles along with the Orthodox as well,yet you hammer constantly against Prots for their differences.YET the truth is we all bow our knee to Christ,we all long for His Return,and we all believe emphatically that He is God,Son of the Father,the Incarnation,born of a Virgin,and our faith is in Him.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384953 Sep 1, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The OSAS believer can never really know if they're saved because if they "backslide" it means they weren't saved to begin with. The only time you will know that you will never backslide is the moment before you die.
In reality Catholics have more assurance of their salvation than OSASers.
Your post makes it very obvious to all that you do not understand what the term 'backslide' means.
It does not mean loss of salvation.
BACKSLIDE does not mean LOOSE SALVATION.
If you knew that you would not post such foolishness.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384954 Sep 1, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from a lousy protestant deacon who's clearly under-educated, I'm really not concerned with what you think, but I can tell you that every Christian from day one understood that being born of water and the Spirit was baptism.
You can say it but it is not true.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384955 Sep 1, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
THE UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY BELIEVERS
PROPAGATE A TEACHING THAT ONCE YOU ARE BORN OF
GOD YOU CANNOT BE A CAST AWAY...
THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE...
1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and
bring it into subjection:
lest that by any means,
when I have preached to others,
I myself should be a
--->castaway. <---
-->CASTAWAY <---DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED INT 1COR 9:27
G96
&#945;&#787;&#948; &#959;&#769;&#954; &#953;&#956;&#959; &#962;
adokimos
ad-ok'-ee-mos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1384; unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally):- castaway, rejected, reprobate.
THE APOSTLE PAUL.... EVIDENTLY DID NOT BELIEVE IN UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY...
Paul believed that he was "sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption." THE APOSTLE PAUL...EVIDENTLY DID BELIEVE IN UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY....
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384956 Sep 1, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism is water AND the Spirit. Both. Being born again is baptism. That has been the Christian faith since day one.
Sorry Anthony, but no matter how many times you make this claim, scripture does not bear it out.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384957 Sep 1, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was asking Nicodemus to be baptized, correct? Wow are you stupid.
<snicker>,,,:)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#384958 Sep 1, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Mr. Educated. LOL, your Roman Catholic cultist buddy, Anthony MN said.....BORN OF WATER AGAIN. I know you are an educated professor in English. Give math a try and go back to his post for further edification.
Show me in the Bible where anyone was baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit?
Say, oh educated one. Why was Jesus born? Should be easy for an EDUCATED man like yourself. LOL
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father,and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all things whatever I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
Matthew 28:19-20.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#384959 Sep 1, 2012
The following article is for the benefit of those who accuse the Protestants of being divided...not agreeing on anything.(41000 paper popes)

ROME (Reuters)- The former archbishop of Milan and papal candidate Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini said the Catholic Church was "200 years out of date" in his final interview before his death, published on Saturday.
Martini, once favoured by Vatican progressives to succeed Pope John Paul II and a prominent voice in the church until his death at the age of 85 on Friday, gave a scathing portrayal of a pompous and bureaucratic church failing to move with the times.
"Our culture has aged, our churches are big and empty and the church bureaucracy rises up, our rituals and our cassocks are pompous," Martini said in the interview published in Italian daily Corriere della Sera.
"The Church must admit its mistakes and begin a radical change, starting from the pope and the bishops. The paedophilia scandals oblige us to take a journey of transformation," he said in the interview.

KayMarie
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#384960 Sep 1, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
My fear is for those who turn from Christianity to romanism. My personal feeling is that God's Grace was never with them in the first place if they defect to romanism; that they were never saved to begin with.
Because The Bible God gave us says He will not stop the good work He has begun in those who believe on Him. So it leaves me wondering... when individuals defect from Christianity to romanism...were they ever saved to begin with...
I'd appreciate your comment, 4Gvn -- I respect your opinions, and those of other Christians are certainly welcomed as well.
This would be a very hard thing for me to understand. I have never had any close acquaintances to deflect to catholicism but I have heard of it and know that it does happen. I think what we must grasp is that if they ever were saved. they are still saved. Becoming a catholic is not the unforgivable sin, nor would it cause one to loose thier salvation.
But the fact of the matter is we can not know the heart of others. We cannot see into the soul of man to see if he is really what he claims to be. We can only know what he claims. Then we CAN compare what he claims to what the scripture teaches and at least discern if his words are true.
As I mentioned earlier, none of the apostles pointed to Judus as the likely suspect. Evidently he seemed to be in all ways 'one of them'.
And then sometimes we just have to shake our heads and wonder. Blessings.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#384961 Sep 2, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
Question..Why is it that when one bad situation comes,then another,then another,then another.And a person has to deal with all these things at once.Is this God way of testing someones faith or is this the evil ones doing? I welcome anothers reply.

Herme wrote:
Bad things happen to good people, sweetheart because the world is imperfect.You are such a good person that takes care of everyone and nothing bad should happen to you.But God has given you many blessings.Especially your loving family and a beautiful new grandchild. And God will comfort you and lead you out of this as He has your entire life.

The writer of Hebrews says that we have a high priest Who is touched with the feeling of our infirmities.

Just wait on Him...He will comfort you.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Mocking Jay 950,799
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 30 min Sheilaa 17,819
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Peace_Warrior 615,840
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 278,435
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 58 min MUQ2 14,351
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 42,257
Will Kevin Durrant HELP....or HURT...the Golden... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lisw 180,023
More from around the web