Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649895 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#384955 Sep 1, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
THE UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY BELIEVERS
PROPAGATE A TEACHING THAT ONCE YOU ARE BORN OF
GOD YOU CANNOT BE A CAST AWAY...
THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE...
1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and
bring it into subjection:
lest that by any means,
when I have preached to others,
I myself should be a
--->castaway. <---
-->CASTAWAY <---DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED INT 1COR 9:27
G96
&#945;&#787;&#948; &#959;&#769;&#954; &#953;&#956;&#959; &#962;
adokimos
ad-ok'-ee-mos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1384; unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally):- castaway, rejected, reprobate.
THE APOSTLE PAUL.... EVIDENTLY DID NOT BELIEVE IN UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY...
Paul believed that he was "sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption." THE APOSTLE PAUL...EVIDENTLY DID BELIEVE IN UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY....
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#384956 Sep 1, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism is water AND the Spirit. Both. Being born again is baptism. That has been the Christian faith since day one.
Sorry Anthony, but no matter how many times you make this claim, scripture does not bear it out.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#384957 Sep 1, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus was asking Nicodemus to be baptized, correct? Wow are you stupid.
<snicker>,,,:)
Pad

Fishers, IN

#384958 Sep 1, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Mr. Educated. LOL, your Roman Catholic cultist buddy, Anthony MN said.....BORN OF WATER AGAIN. I know you are an educated professor in English. Give math a try and go back to his post for further edification.
Show me in the Bible where anyone was baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit?
Say, oh educated one. Why was Jesus born? Should be easy for an EDUCATED man like yourself. LOL
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father,and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all things whatever I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
Matthew 28:19-20.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#384959 Sep 1, 2012
The following article is for the benefit of those who accuse the Protestants of being divided...not agreeing on anything.(41000 paper popes)

ROME (Reuters)- The former archbishop of Milan and papal candidate Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini said the Catholic Church was "200 years out of date" in his final interview before his death, published on Saturday.
Martini, once favoured by Vatican progressives to succeed Pope John Paul II and a prominent voice in the church until his death at the age of 85 on Friday, gave a scathing portrayal of a pompous and bureaucratic church failing to move with the times.
"Our culture has aged, our churches are big and empty and the church bureaucracy rises up, our rituals and our cassocks are pompous," Martini said in the interview published in Italian daily Corriere della Sera.
"The Church must admit its mistakes and begin a radical change, starting from the pope and the bishops. The paedophilia scandals oblige us to take a journey of transformation," he said in the interview.

KayMarie
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#384960 Sep 1, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
My fear is for those who turn from Christianity to romanism. My personal feeling is that God's Grace was never with them in the first place if they defect to romanism; that they were never saved to begin with.
Because The Bible God gave us says He will not stop the good work He has begun in those who believe on Him. So it leaves me wondering... when individuals defect from Christianity to romanism...were they ever saved to begin with...
I'd appreciate your comment, 4Gvn -- I respect your opinions, and those of other Christians are certainly welcomed as well.
This would be a very hard thing for me to understand. I have never had any close acquaintances to deflect to catholicism but I have heard of it and know that it does happen. I think what we must grasp is that if they ever were saved. they are still saved. Becoming a catholic is not the unforgivable sin, nor would it cause one to loose thier salvation.
But the fact of the matter is we can not know the heart of others. We cannot see into the soul of man to see if he is really what he claims to be. We can only know what he claims. Then we CAN compare what he claims to what the scripture teaches and at least discern if his words are true.
As I mentioned earlier, none of the apostles pointed to Judus as the likely suspect. Evidently he seemed to be in all ways 'one of them'.
And then sometimes we just have to shake our heads and wonder. Blessings.

#384961 Sep 2, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
Question..Why is it that when one bad situation comes,then another,then another,then another.And a person has to deal with all these things at once.Is this God way of testing someones faith or is this the evil ones doing? I welcome anothers reply.

Herme wrote:
Bad things happen to good people, sweetheart because the world is imperfect.You are such a good person that takes care of everyone and nothing bad should happen to you.But God has given you many blessings.Especially your loving family and a beautiful new grandchild. And God will comfort you and lead you out of this as He has your entire life.

The writer of Hebrews says that we have a high priest Who is touched with the feeling of our infirmities.

Just wait on Him...He will comfort you.

KayMarie

United States

#384962 Sep 2, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
Question..Why is it that when one bad situation comes,then another,then another,then another.And a person has to deal with all these things at once.Is this God way of testing someones faith or is this the evil ones doing? I welcome anothers reply.
It isn't God's doing.

United States

#384963 Sep 2, 2012
truth

Perth, Australia

#384964 Sep 2, 2012
wide evil way

#384965 Sep 2, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Paul believed that he was "sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption." THE APOSTLE PAUL...EVIDENTLY DID BELIEVE IN UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY....
~~~
You are like the Roman Catholics...

Your mind is like concrete..all mixed up an permanently set no matter what the word of God teaches you are going to fight against it..

THE BIBLE SAYS

Heb 12:12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

Heb 12:13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Heb 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Heb 12:17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

___

You don't seem to have understanding enough to realize that living in and walking as close to the edge of the world as YOU EVIDENTLY DESIRE TO.... can cause you to miss the catching away of the bride of Christ.

THERE WILL BE NO JUDGMENT FOR THE BRIDE...THE BRIDE OF CHRIST... WILL BE DEEMED WORTHY TO BE IN CAUGHT AWAY .... ACCORDING TO THE WAY THEY ARE LIVING WHEN HE COMES.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE AN ALLOWANCE FOR SIN.... AND CHANCE ...MISSING THE CATCHING AWAY OF THE BRIDE ....IT'S YOUR SOUL... DO WITH IT WHAT YOU WISH...

BUT

PLEASE STOP ATTEMPTING TO DECEIVE OTHERS BY YOUR FAULTY TEACHINGS..

THE BIBLE SAYS..

1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1Jn 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH
truth

Perth, Australia

#384966 Sep 2, 2012
lucifer is not my lord
devil is not my father

as well others
to be proud of what
accusers judges diplome drugs
and many things money
about what

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#384967 Sep 2, 2012
OldJG wrote:
"Saved" Roman Catholic
It is common for members of the Roman Catholic Church to claim that they are born-again saved Christians. The following are questions to ask a member of the Roman Catholic Church who claims to be truly saved:
1.When were you converted?
2.How were you converted?
3.To what, or to whom, were you converted?
4.What do you believe now that you did not believe before your conversion?
5.What does it mean to be saved?
6.On what Scriptural promises do you base your salvation?
7.What does it mean to be born again?
8.Are you sure today that if you die tomorrow, or at any time in the future, you will be in heaven immediately after death?
9.What do you believe about Purgatory?
10.What do you believe about the Mass?
11.Do you still participate in the Mass?
12.Do you believe that to miss Mass voluntarily on Sunday would be a mortal sin, so that if you did not confess it before you died, you would not go to heaven?
13.Do you believe that any sinner can be saved who dies without trusting in Jesus Christ alone for the salvation of his soul and forgiveness of his sins?
14.Do you believe that Mary and Roman Catholic saints can help you get to heaven?
15.How do you believe that the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ is applied to your soul?
16.Have you told your priest you have been saved (converted)?
17.Do you believe you will still go to heaven if you leave the Roman Catholic Church, receive believer's baptism and join a fundamental Protestant church?
18.When and where do you plan to do this?
"When were you converted?" Was it at your baptism? "How were you converted?" Was it through the blood atonement of Jesus Christ alone? Or was it, as Rome has clearly taught, through your good works along with the help and intercession of Mary, along with a stay in Purgatory? "What does it mean to be born again?" A Roman Catholic must answer this as, "being born again means your original sin is removed as a result of the water of baptism." Et cetera.
As these questions, and others you can think of, are discussed in detail, you will quickly see that the person is trusting in his work, merits, baptism, confirmation, sacraments, or something besides - or plus - Jesus Christ and not in Christ and Christ alone. He can then be shown the difference between his unbiblical form of salvation and the saving faith of the Bible.
If however, a Roman Catholic answers those questions Biblically, then he or she is really not a Roman Catholic. If someone believes in the Biblical gospel of grace, then he or she is not a Roman Catholic. He or she is merely a Christian attending the wrong church.
Having concluded from the Scriptures that the Roman Catholic Church is not the church founded by Christ, but rather an apostate form of Christianity, the new believer must leave. He cannot remain, without being disobedient to God, in an institution that teaches a false gospel.
James McCarthy tells the story of "Mike and Nadine," two Roman Catholics who left the church.
Though neither Mike nor Nadine realized it at the time, they both left Roman Catholicism the moment they began to place the plain teaching of Scripture over the teachings of the Church. No longer willing to allow Rome to interpret God's Word for them, they were no longer Roman Catholics.
Rome clearly teaches a gospel radically different than the Biblical one. In addition, Rome has placed its own Magisterium above the Bible. No true Christian can stay a member of the Roman Catholic Church any more than someone saved out of Mormonism can stay in that church.
Ab-SOUL-utely right on, Old JG!
truth

Perth, Australia

#384968 Sep 2, 2012
how victim become blue as well have criminal charge asked evil corupt judges..
how criminals become free asked killers police and killer judges

how can be bless what devil satan posess

then which kingdoom is bless
did bless become satanic evil way posession

how all genocide become holy

killer killer killer evil evil evil

is judges belong to righteousnes
if not tell me why not

liars liars killers

devil deciver is great liar all judges and who serve them with him is some
where they will be belong which satanic devilish way when liars posess everything killer killed everything

entire universum losers

be bless your death
when when everything of them will be destroy
pray for bless death

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#384969 Sep 2, 2012
Cathlosism is a fusion of paganism and christianity, they are moneymongers, up there with the rest of them.

they put god in a box and worship the box instead of the god with in. It is easier for people to replace worship of god with worship of thier religous system when the system they belong to actively encourages such unquestioning loyalty, when no provision is made for the members to honestly and humbly question leadership.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#384970 Sep 2, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
Seraphima wrote:
Herme wrote:
Bad things happen to good people, sweetheart because the world is imperfect.You are such a good person that takes care of everyone and nothing bad should happen to you.But God has given you many blessings.Especially your loving family and a beautiful new grandchild. And God will comfort you and lead you out of this as He has your entire life.
The writer of Hebrews says that we have a high priest Who is touched with the feeling of our infirmities.
Just wait on Him...He will comfort you.
KayMarie
Bless you, Kay Marie
truth

Perth, Australia

#384971 Sep 2, 2012
pray for happy death
pray for great destruction that they can be destroy for ever and ever and ever
don't fill shame dear children
they are great satanic devilish evil
truly truly they will be destroy

pray for your death
sweet beautiful death real death
because evil will be destroy
all devilish satanic kingdom from all eternity

new universe will be without them

Creator real creator preserve life
them
definitely not
they will be destroy all kingdom past future and present of them
yes your deceivers everything from them
past today and future of them will be destroy

pray

1000 human years=one Jesus Christ day

Who is deceiver?=Who promise you future?
Yes future which will be destroy?

Who is old billions years?
truth

Perth, Australia

#384972 Sep 2, 2012
why satanic modern atheist don't liked money
Lucifer will give them great evil promise don't you
truth

Perth, Australia

#384973 Sep 2, 2012
they coming transfer you where into satanic kingdom
o really
how many Satan devil and others have kingdom
many many many

why all of them going to be destroy

asked real Creator

Did you know who is your real Creator?
truth

Perth, Australia

#384974 Sep 2, 2012
your god is not my god
doese meter how much you going be fast then anything

necu=no from me
sotonina prokleta lica

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Dr Banonator 56,380
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min DebraE 106,058
bambam 26 min brandy trujillo 4
Kristen Bell shares photos from her wedding to ... 41 min Yahoo sale 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 54 min Student 44,926
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Neville Thompson 281,475
Are you AFRAID to meet the Lord Jesus on Judgme... 2 hr doG adeDmn Hlyo r... 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr brandy trujillo 972,404
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 9 hr Jesus 47
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web