Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693587 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#382306 Aug 20, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!!!
My shop is no ina Roma.You no talka bout me lika this. I cutta Sgt Carter's hair from Gomer Pyle TV show.I have Hari Krishna special ona Thursday.You speaka bad about me I cursa you with Elvis sideburns. Bah!!!!

Location hidden

#382307 Aug 20, 2012
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic church at its best!
http://itccs.org/2012/05/04/catholic-church-f ...
----------
Spomeone should follow your posts with a pooper scooper,Champ

Location hidden

#382309 Aug 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
If male priest should be allowed to marry why not female nuns.
Female nuns should not be allowed to be married but male nuns should be allowed.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#382310 Aug 20, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pentecostal tent revivals blaspheme the Holy Spirit by pretending to speak in tongues. But in fact, its ridiculous baby gibberish.
I also don't think you guys would have the Holy Spirit because, after these revivals, you come out and spread falsehoods about the Catholic Church.
I think your intentions are obviously good by attending these revivals. After all, you're seeking The Holy Spirit.
But Jesus already showed us where to receive His true Spirit. Its in the Holy Eucharist. "He who eats my flesh abides in me and I in him."
Kay, its been proven a thousand times over. No one is speaking a different language at those revivals. Words have to correlate to form sentences and paragraphs.

Just A Christian:
More nonsense. TRUE glossolalia means 'another language' IS being spoken -- one that the speaker has never previously learned.
The crap muttered by phonies like Hinn and many Pentecostals is nothing BUT gibberish, and real at all. It's merely grand show.

One more time: Jesus said that speaking against the Holy Ghost will not be forgiven, either here, or in the life to come.

Just because YOU don't understand what is being said, doesn't mean that it is gibberish. "Though you speak with the tongues of men and ANGELS, and have not love, you are just a noise."

How many languages of angels can YOU interpret? How many of the 6,000 languages of men can you interpret?

Apparently few people on here worship God...there is just a need to mock each other AND Him!

I keep hoping for someone to love and honor Him, not men, nor denominations. It doesn't happen. I think I need to find something else to keep me busy.

BTW: They have restored crucifixions in Egypt; perhaps elsewhere. This world is going to NEED JESUS more than ever. Better find Him...

KayMarie

Since: Nov 08

usa

#382311 Aug 20, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming right up... what about dessert?:)
peanut butter cheese cake double slice.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#382312 Aug 20, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll gladly cook that for you, 7th --- I already have an order on the go for Jethro!!:)
ya,whats keeping my order? service IS A LITTLE SLOW HERE,LET'S SEE IF I HAVE A PENNY FOR A TIP.
LTM

Kanata, Canada

#382313 Aug 20, 2012
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic church at its best!
http://itccs.org/2012/05/04/catholic-church-f ...
WOW WOW WOW, ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW IT IS ABOUT TIME.
It is starting thank you Jesus. We must pray without ceasing for these men and woman who have the courage to stand up tall and proud
to deflock these bunch of crimials for that is what they are.
May God be with them and Justice will finally be done for the million of victims. Of this evil regime.
For the innocent catholic's who love the Lord and are sicknened by what has been done may God be with you also.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#382314 Aug 20, 2012
John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.(KJV)
John 1:34
34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.(KJV)
John 20:31
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.(KJV)
Colossians 1:12-13
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:(KJV)
I John 4:15
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.(KJV)

Location hidden

#382315 Aug 20, 2012
Ephesians 5:8
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.(KJV)

Ephesians 5:13

13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.(KJV)

Luke 11:33-36

33 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.

34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.(KJV)

Location hidden

#382316 Aug 20, 2012
Philippians 1:6
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:(KJV)

Philippians 2:12-16

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.(KJV)

Colossians 1:12-13

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:(KJV)

Location hidden

#382317 Aug 20, 2012
Acts 9:3-5
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.(KJV)

Philippians 3:17

17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.(KJV)

I John 2:1-6

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Location hidden

#382318 Aug 20, 2012
Philippians 3:10-14
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.(KJV)

Philippians 4:8

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.(KJV)

Location hidden

#382319 Aug 20, 2012
Matthew 5:14-16
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.(KJV)

Matthew 5:43-48

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.(KJV)
LTM

Kanata, Canada

#382320 Aug 20, 2012
Hi Full Of Love how are you??
Beautiful scripture, but all of God's word is beautiful.
All the family is helping my grandson James paint his place. he had a fire the other night, his hands were burnt but thank God no one was seriously hurt.
All my family are trades men. Pumpers, Electians,
cabnet builders, mason workers, and drywaller's and painter,s My husband lays floors. So what ever has to be done will be done for nothing, except for materials. LOL
Would you please tell me what is a pok in a wok
justachristian and you were talk about it on here.

#382321 Aug 20, 2012
THE FACTS OF SIN.
Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Ecc 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth
not.
Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who
can know it?
Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man
according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as
filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind,
have taken us away.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is
not in us.
THE PENALTY
Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the
soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the
iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son:
the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the
wicked shall be upon him.
Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it
is finished, bringeth forth death.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the
judgment:
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books
were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the
dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according
to their works.

CONTINUED

#382322 Aug 20, 2012
CONTINUED

MANS INABILITY

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by
the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might
be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the
works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it
is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in
his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Pro 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof
are the ways of death.
Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as
filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind,
have taken us away.
GODS REMEDY
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet
sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man
cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name
under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Luk 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house,
forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how
that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
MAN'S RESPONSIBILITY
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted
out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance
toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be
saved, and thy house.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons
of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt
believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be
saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the
mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
RESULTS OF SALVATION
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not
is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only
begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that
believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things
are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the
children of God:
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with
Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified
together.
Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world
giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be
afraid.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the
Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is
none of his.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#382323 Aug 20, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>

One more time: Jesus said that speaking against the Holy Ghost will not be forgiven, either here, or in the life to come.
Just because YOU don't understand what is being said, doesn't mean that it is gibberish. "Though you speak with the tongues of men and ANGELS, and have not love, you are just a noise."
How many languages of angels can YOU interpret? How many of the 6,000 languages of men can you interpret?
Apparently few people on here worship God...there is just a need to mock each other AND Him!
I keep hoping for someone to love and honor Him, not men, nor denominations. It doesn't happen. I think I need to find something else to keep me busy.
BTW: They have restored crucifixions in Egypt; perhaps elsewhere. This world is going to NEED JESUS more than ever. Better find Him...
KayMarie
[Quote from Clay snipped]

Regarding speaking in tongues..

KM, can you tell me what this girl is saying?
&fe ature=related

Baptist pastor says its demonic
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

IMO its self interpretations, that causes conflict among you protestants.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#382324 Aug 20, 2012
Q.

Why do Catholics try to earn their own salvation, despite the fact that salvation can only come as a free gift from Jesus Christ?

A.
Catholics fully recognize that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for their sins and thus "opened the gates of Heaven," and that salvation is a free gift which no amount of human good deeds could ever earn.

Catholics receive Christ's saving and sanctifying grace,

and

Christ Himself, into their souls when they are baptized. Yet they also know that Christ has established certain conditions for entry into eternal happiness in Heaven – for example, receiving His true Flesh and Blood (John 6:54) and keeping the commandments (Matt. 19:17). If a

Christian refuses or neglects to obey Our Lord's

commands in a grave matter (that is, if he commits

a mortal sin), Our Lord will not remain dwelling

in his soul; and if a Christian dies in that

state, having driven his Lord from his soul by

serious sin, he will not be saved. As St. Paul

warned the Galatians with regard to certain

sins: "They who do such things shall not obtain the kingdom of God." (Gal. 5:21). It must be added that Christ will always forgive and return to a sinner who approaches Him with sincerity in the Sacrament of Penance.

Catholics follow St. Paul, who did not think that his salvation was guaranteed once and for all at the moment he first received Christ into his soul; for he wrote: "I chastise my body, and bring it into subjection: lest perhaps, when I have preached to others, I myself

should become a castaway." (I Cor. 9:27). Also: "With fear and trembling work out

your salvation. For it is God who worketh in you..." (Phil. 2:12-13). "And unto

whomsoever much is given, of him much shall be required." (Luke 12:48). "He that shall persevere unto the end, he shall be saved." (Matt. 10:22). Nevertheless, Catholics realize that even the fulfilling of Our Lord's requirements for salvation is impossible without the free gift of His grace."

#382325 Aug 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
Hi Full Of Love how are you??
Beautiful scripture, but all of God's word is beautiful.
All the family is helping my grandson James paint his place. he had a fire the other night, his hands were burnt but thank God no one was seriously hurt.
All my family are trades men. Pumpers, Electians,
cabnet builders, mason workers, and drywaller's and painter,s My husband lays floors. So what ever has to be done will be done for nothing, except for materials. LOL
Would you please tell me what is a pok in a wok
justachristian and you were talk about it on here.
~~~

POK IN A WOK ...so far as I know

IS poke salad ...a plant that ultimately (as it matures) grows poke berries..the berries are poison.

But when it is young an tender, it is tasty...

I also enjoy dandelion salad in the spring time. It's roots grow deep
and they are good for your heath.

In Maine we ate fiddle heads that grew in the thick forest....fiddle heads are the tender tops of wild ferns ....the only problem was that you had to fight with the gnats, while picking them.

In the hill of West Virginia
Plantain, specklejohn, wild mustard, and other wild greens were mixed together to make up a good healthy lipsmaken meal with a piece of fat back, corn pone throwin in a pickle or two.

When I was in Bible college in Georgia My wife picked wild greens and the neighbors told us we would poison our selves...

Haven't heard from them neighbors for years but we are still kicken ...Maybe not as high.... as we used to ....but we aint any where near pushin up daisies. Yet

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#382326 Aug 20, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
poor little thing -- the JAC is BACK. I like that moniker better.
Hey, it won't be long before you change your name again. Every time you get booted out you change it. LOL

Let's see now we have .......AKA’s
DOWNWITHROMANISM,
justachristine,[aka jac]
justachristine 1,
BELIEVER IN GOD,[AKA BIG]
AND NOW JUST-A-CHRISTINE.

Oh, and let's not forget my favorite 'brown bagger'!!! LOL
Duel personality or just plain NUTS!?!?!?!
Or can’t remember what your name? Sad old man Dementia maybe??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min RIP 53,367
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tellthetruth 992,467
Got my ex pregnant before break up. What do I do? 8 min Brice N Livingston 2
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 9 min Puttin Brother 55
Can Chinese girls date foreign men? 1 hr ezekiel11 1
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 15
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,474
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) Mon dirtyguy34 35
More from around the web