Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688786 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

MICHAEL

Canada

#380320 Aug 14, 2012
truth wrote:
micle is who..
hello dr pr
explain again who don't have your school
i don't have wish for your diploma
''i am first and last''=amen
Creator say this is my last bone=woman
You don't need a diploma to succeed in life. Its obvious you are not all that happy with you're life because you have stated many times "you don't need a diploma"

Why wouldn't you want to strive to be the best you can be. There is no TEACHER anywhere that teaches not to be succesful, not to do the best you can do.

I don't go to a football game to watch my team finish second. Its obvious you are in a very very tiny minority with you're way of thinking.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#380321 Aug 14, 2012
Miriam wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby steps New Age. You are making assumptions based on whatever it is in your head. I was correcting your misunderstanding of the definition of the CATHOLIC CHURCH. It was hardly a referendum on my beliefs concerning who is in the "Church."
Before *any* discussion can be had, definitions must be clear. Otherwise it's a wste of time.
So, once again, when the term "Catholic Church" is used, it encompasses *much* more than just the "Roman Catholic Church" as you have asserted.
Has your uncle come home yet?
;-)
"Baby steps"? Are you for real?

If anyone should be taking any steps at all, your conclusion of whichever churches fit the bill is understated.

Those so-called "Catholics", who have been on this forum, much longer than you have I might add, have always stated "come on home" - indicating that those who they posted this two aren't part of this so-called "Catholic Church".

Now you come along and change it up? Maybe your limits need to be defined specifically, because at this point in the discussion, you've only seemed to reference the branches of the Roman Catholic Church ('other churches') and not one Protestant association.

There are no baby steps when it comes to belief. As Yoda poignately praised to Luke...."Do or do not, there is no try."

Baby steps? Funny stuff.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#380322 Aug 14, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How did he do that? Did the bible drop out of the sky, written in modern English, wrapped in cellophane with a Walmart sticker on it?
<quoted text>
And yet the bible has been turned into an idol by some. Is it okay to worship a book, but not a statue?
it is written that Gods Word is a light unto out feet and path to rightousnous leading us to all truth on Christ.

It does not say a Statue,idol, icon etc. does.
Miriam

Roselle Park, NJ

#380323 Aug 14, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Baby steps"? Are you for real?
If anyone should be taking any steps at all, your conclusion of whichever churches fit the bill is understated.
Those so-called "Catholics", who have been on this forum, much longer than you have I might add, have always stated "come on home" - indicating that those who they posted this two aren't part of this so-called "Catholic Church".
Now you come along and change it up? Maybe your limits need to be defined specifically, because at this point in the discussion, you've only seemed to reference the branches of the Roman Catholic Church ('other churches') and not one Protestant association.
There are no baby steps when it comes to belief. As Yoda poignately praised to Luke...."Do or do not, there is no try."
Baby steps? Funny stuff.
Yes New Ager--"baby steps."

Your post proves you need to take a step back to understand that you have been misunderstanding the topic.

I responded to your post which said that "Catholic Church" (capital c) refers to the Roman Catholic Church.
You are simply WRONG about that definition, because in your pride you refuse to see that the "Catholic Church" is made up of MORE than just the "Roman" Catholic Church.

Until you understand that simple fact, we cannot *posssibly* move on. So, educaate yourself on this issue, or continue to remain in ignorance. It's your choice.

So, YES.....baby steps.

Oh, and btw, I've been on this thread on and off for 5 years. In fact, we have even conversed before.
truth

Noranda, Australia

#380324 Aug 14, 2012
this is my last bone=women
jobne=neboj se

kazati tell to you
how much mother love son..
job 14;14
job14;17

i been blue everywhere
you judge me
they judge me too
since i been small child never stop like that
thanks for nothing from everyone

bag of my great-grandmother
have patern=code
job=misery
job=14;17=read Ana
MICHAEL

Canada

#380325 Aug 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Rom_12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Gal 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
___
GOD in CHRIST IS NUMBER ONE...
I am His servant...
Rom_13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Heb_7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
I am a big proponent of people who help themselves or strive to help themselves. I have no use for anyone who is abled bodied and would rather sit on the couch and collect a government cheque than work or contribute positively to society and their own lives and family.

I am disgusted at obese people. I have heard every excuse there is. My doctor says if you put more food in you're mouth than you burn up you will gain weight. Makes sense!....right?

Look at pictures of people from our city books from 60-100 years ago standing in groups outside a factory or street scene. Its near impossible to find a fat person in any of these pictures. Why because people back in the day were not lazy as they are today.

Self control, and lack of self esteem are too reasons people get out of control of their weight.

Every year in america you're government allows over 3 million migrant workers who come from thousands of miles away from central america to work our farms. Why? Because america has over 3 million lazy abled bodied people who play the system that they can't work who live only a few miles from a working farm

We have to stop rewarding people who don't care.

Again, I will always help someone who shows they want help or willing to LEARN, but for the rest, they have written their own tickets of despair.

We don't reward bad behavior. No different than lazy america who complains they don't have anything......TOO BAD!

I see signs in stores every where. Help wanted! I see the same signs weeks later.

I rest my case!

MICHAEL

Canada

#380326 Aug 14, 2012
truth wrote:
who do to us and what..they know
Do you ever work outside the home? Were you ever employed, and helped support you're family?
truth

Noranda, Australia

#380327 Aug 14, 2012
psalm 1-3
isaiah 44
truth

Noranda, Australia

#380328 Aug 14, 2012
30 000 bills per year is nothing for wrongly accuse
poor family
as well many many wrong hopeless lost and minimaze

negative gearing in billions from scribe pharese vipers mecentile judges=rip of god promise land in trillions in name of holy mao

you judge yourself with corrupt way
not me

christ words is perfect
truth

Noranda, Australia

#380329 Aug 14, 2012
Why exploators call themself holy..

cheap and misery job=''exploatation''
exploatator=parasite symbiosa= bio cancer
trade in negative gearing in billions
truth

Noranda, Australia

#380330 Aug 14, 2012
ana
job 14;17
patern code
truth

Noranda, Australia

#380331 Aug 14, 2012
ana
14=N 17=Q
job=14;17 bible
ana its going over me
my suffering will tell you
where
read ana in reading you will find

love your enemy like yourself
pray for them
as pray and cry many times
be very proud
God created mothers too
7 billions kids on this planet not any mother worthy in coruppt eyes
and heart full of lust
truth

Noranda, Australia

#380332 Aug 14, 2012
''iz djedova panja
nova mladica udara''
''from old tree new branch come''

job 14;7

Ana read
job 14 bible

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#380333 Aug 14, 2012
MICHAEL Ist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you strive to be #2? Have you ever gone for a job interview and told the interviewer to pick the person behind you for the job because they were more capable?
Any course I took in high school and any course post high school everyone is taught to do the best they can. Strive to be successful.
I follow that tenet.
I am sure when you became a minister, you had to compete with others?
You are too wrapped up in religion. There is much more to life than worry about what God thinks about you everyday. YOu are fearful.
Not for me!
~~~

THE APOSTLE PAUL SPOKE OF HIMSELF AS BEING A SERVANT OF JESUS CHRIST..

Rom_1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Rom_15:16 That I should be the ==> minister <==of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

THE WORD ==>MINISTER<== DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN ROMANS 15:16...

diakonos
dee-ak'-on-os
Probably from &#948;&#953;&#945; &#769;&#954;&#969; diako&#772; (obsolete, to run on errands; compare G1377); an attendant, that is,(generally) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties); specifically a Christian teacher and pastor (technically a deacon or deaconess):- deacon, minister, servant.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#380334 Aug 14, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
church: ekklesia.. a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly,
Show me "Catholic Church: in the definition of the Greek word from which church was translated...
History shows the Emperor founded your Church some 400 years after Christ ascended into Heaven...the source??? Paganism...
"History shows the Emperor founded your Church some 400 years after Christ ascended into Heaven...the source??? Paganism... "

If history showed this, you would be able to cite the accredited historians and historical documents. You have never done this... heck, you won't even cite the sources for you cut and paste jobs.

No, I think it's just your opinion.
truth

Noranda, Australia

#380335 Aug 14, 2012
devil=paul
truth

Noranda, Australia

#380336 Aug 14, 2012
paul=devil
killer and prosecutor of Christians
he say
greek liked be wise but can't
jew waiting sign

god say what

#380337 Aug 14, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a big proponent of people who help themselves or strive to help themselves. I have no use for anyone who is abled bodied and would rather sit on the couch and collect a government cheque than work or contribute positively to society and their own lives and family.
I am disgusted at obese people. I have heard every excuse there is. My doctor says if you put more food in you're mouth than you burn up you will gain weight. Makes sense!....right?
Look at pictures of people from our city books from 60-100 years ago standing in groups outside a factory or street scene. Its near impossible to find a fat person in any of these pictures. Why because people back in the day were not lazy as they are today.
Self control, and lack of self esteem are too reasons people get out of control of their weight.
Every year in america you're government allows over 3 million migrant workers who come from thousands of miles away from central america to work our farms. Why? Because america has over 3 million lazy abled bodied people who play the system that they can't work who live only a few miles from a working farm
We have to stop rewarding people who don't care.
Again, I will always help someone who shows they want help or willing to LEARN, but for the rest, they have written their own tickets of despair.
We don't reward bad behavior. No different than lazy america who complains they don't have anything......TOO BAD!
I see signs in stores every where. Help wanted! I see the same signs weeks later.
I rest my case!
ACCORDING TO MY BATHROOM SCALES.I WEIGH 179 POUNDS

IF YOU WEIGH MORE THAN I DO....THEN I SHOULD CONSIDER YOU OBESE

RIGHT...AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB THEN YOU ARE LAZY.

I HAVE A FULL TIME JOB...

I am full time lead pastor of a Church as well as care taker of my wife

that has taken me near 35,000 + miles over the past few month from one

hospital to another and from one doctor's office to the next...

When the episode started in Sept 2010 I weighed 199 lbs.

God has provided my Automobile...He also has given me traveling mercy and extended the life of my wife ...He has supplied my needs...

I am blessed and will continue to more than glad to be his servant.
LTM

Kanata, Canada

#380338 Aug 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE APOSTLE PAUL SPOKE OF HIMSELF AS BEING A SERVANT OF JESUS CHRIST..
Rom_1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
Rom_15:16 That I should be the ==> minister <==of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
THE WORD ==>MINISTER<== DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN ROMANS 15:16...
diakonos
dee-ak'-on-os
Probably from &#948;&#953;&#945; &#769;&#954;&#969; diako&#772; (obsolete, to run on errands; compare G1377); an attendant, that is,(generally) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties); specifically a Christian teacher and pastor (technically a deacon or deaconess):- deacon, minister, servant.
Hi Confrinting, was the orginal sin wiped out by the death of Jesus on the cross.( just having a little debate with someone) I say no it wasn't.
Also what was the real miracle Jesus's death or His resurrection.
(to me His death and resurrection was a total miracle).
Thanks I wait your comments. God Bless.

#380339 Aug 14, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"History shows the Emperor founded your Church some 400 years after Christ ascended into Heaven...the source??? Paganism... "
If history showed this, you would be able to cite the accredited historians and historical documents. You have never done this... heck, you won't even cite the sources for you cut and paste jobs.
No, I think it's just your opinion.
~~~

What you think (and your opinion and conjecture... is all you have)

...IF IT IS NOT FOUNDED UPON THE WORD OF GOD (and it aint)

Is of no consequence...

It wont lift you one iota of an inch FROM THE EARTH when Jesus comes to catch away his bride.

YOU WILL BE LEFT HERE... TO BE GRIST ...FOR THE MILL ...OF THE ANTICHRIST.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min River Tam 37,096
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Aerobatty 988,536
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 4 hr oneear69 11
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 5 hr Johnny 19
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 hr oneear69 121,925
More from around the web