Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650847 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

UK

#379788 Aug 11, 2012
''Jesus Christ win on Cross''
How its look?
''horrible pain
complete''
yes he took me
complete on Cross
he is be there on
Cross
pray=to save your soul
''na cast tvoje gorke i teske muke''
za oprostenje grijeha
truth

UK

#379789 Aug 11, 2012
''if you suffering
represent yourself with your prayers
Cross
''u zivotu gorcinu koju prozivljavas podaj njemu na kriz i ti ces viditi da tvoja gorcina nije nista velika prema muci na krizu''
kroz tu muku sa njime si sjedinjen u potpunosti''

moli
za svoje progonitelje da im Bog otkupitelj sa kriza oprosti..

moli i za druge
da nebudu u potpunosti unisteni
dat ce ti spoznaju
da mores znati unaprijed ..
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#379790 Aug 11, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So to find the word Bible in the book of the Holy Bible is redundant.
And so is your "bible only" bogus claim and distorted "opinion" that "every word, every phrase, every sentence" MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true.----Therefore, "get off" your dillusional Protestant (anti-catholic) sola scriptura "myth" asking us Catholics "where is the word Catholic" in the bible"--IT ISN'T! However it is confirmed (continuously) over and over and over again, for over 2000 years by Church Historians and (both) Catholic and Protestant Apologistic authors and writers, that Jesus Christ initiated, formed and authenticated HIS One True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church, AS HIS ONE (and only) True Church in Matthew 16;13-21.----Bible Only "imaginary-invented-man-m ade, fictious, Protestant doctrine of belief!!!--NOWHERE TO BE FOUND--ANYWHERE in the bible or in ANY pre-reformation Church History book!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#379791 Aug 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH!!! On the front cover!!!
DUH!!! Who put it there ---but you Protestants! Please show us Catholics (IN THE BIBLE) the word bible, that Jesus or HIS Apostles or ANYONE said, used or expressed the word "bible"
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#379792 Aug 11, 2012
OMG...

Romney choose romaine lettuce to be his VP running mate.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#379793 Aug 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am implying that and I backed it up with a footnoted link. Please give me a link that shows I am wrong.
The Jews were passionate monotheists. They never expected the Messiah to be a god. A divine Jesus would have been rejected by every Jewish sect of the day. They would have never been allowed to worship with other Jews as we know they did.
I don't care what you WANT TO BELIEVE. You cannot back up your position with facts and links as did I.
"footnoted link", "facts and links" ?

The wiki article lists losts of references and links. And you're right to some extent that the Jews of the day did not anticipate "God in the flesh" as the Messiah. I have yet to see one using historical proof that the early Christians denied Christ's divinity. Whatever the Jewish sect's beliefs at the time, if the were not converts to Christianity they would of course deny His divinity, that's not your point, I assume.

Orthodox Jewish sects of the day rejected Him as the Messiah AND denied His divinity. Actual Jewish Christian converts accepted Him as the Messiah AND believed in His divine nature. This is supported biblically AND by all of the written Christian witness of the time. So again, what is your point?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#379794 Aug 11, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Yep that was when steaks was the highest...
The stakes for the highest bid is your eternal soul...
Jesus gave His life....because he believed you were worth it...
What is your ETERNAL soul worth TO YOU?...
Why would you gamble your soul....
against the conjecture ...
of those that are
NOT inspired
of God the HOLY GHOST.
You evidently take the words of YOUR (so called ) Holy Fathers
over the word of Jesus and His apostles....
haven't you taken notice ..
that they are graphically different. That the Catholic Church permits sins that GOD ADAMANTLY FORBIDS.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
HAS BUILT ANOTHER WALL OF PARTITION...
BETWEEN THEMSELVES AND OTHER CHRISTIAN CHURCHES
...AFTER JESUS ( through HIS blood )
hath broken down the middle wall of partition between (THE JEW AND THE GENTILES....)
~~~
THE WORD OF GOD SAYS...
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
___
THE PSALMIST DAVID SAID ...
Psa_119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
QUESTION
WHY DO YOU SETTLE FOR A PLACEBO?
You do not speak for God. You do not infallibly interpret His written Word. You have no authority.

You have not been called and sent. God would not call and send a liar.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#379795 Aug 11, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH!!! Who put it there ---but you Protestants! Please show us Catholics (IN THE BIBLE) the word bible, that Jesus or HIS Apostles or ANYONE said, used or expressed the word "bible"
OK, which version?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#379796 Aug 11, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well you belong to the true church,you know the truth, so answer his question instead of giving the usual double talk.
Not worth my time to respond to "ridiculous questions" such as the ones that Michael "dreams up"! He would rather "create and invent" comparable "nonsensical hogwash-double talk" that parallels what the National Inquirer" would print. You Protestants, atheists and agostics have become "radically desperate" in your attempt to undermine the Historical and Biblical TRUTH, that has been proven and confirmed, over and over and over again for over 2000 years, that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has, is and will CONTINUE to be HIS ONE (and only) True Church.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#379797 Aug 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
OMG...
Romney choose romaine lettuce to be his VP running mate.
Romney "chose" "a" romaine lettuce to be his VP running mate. A Mormon and a Catholic...fundies heads will be exploding...but they'll vote for 'em anyway.
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#379798 Aug 11, 2012
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to get some Romaine yesterday -- so if you would like to send me some, I'll make a nice salad for dinner !!:)
You're the one always calling them ROMANISTS and I take the heat.

I think you should post to DustStorm and tell him you are the culprit.(lol)
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#379799 Aug 11, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And so is your "bible only" bogus claim and distorted "opinion" that "every word, every phrase, every sentence" MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true.----Therefore, "get off" your dillusional Protestant (anti-catholic) sola scriptura "myth" asking us Catholics "where is the word Catholic" in the bible"--IT ISN'T! However it is confirmed (continuously) over and over and over again, for over 2000 years by Church Historians and (both) Catholic and Protestant Apologistic authors and writers, that Jesus Christ initiated, formed and authenticated HIS One True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church, AS HIS ONE (and only) True Church in Matthew 16;13-21.----Bible Only "imaginary-invented-man-m ade, fictious, Protestant doctrine of belief!!!--NOWHERE TO BE FOUND--ANYWHERE in the bible or in ANY pre-reformation Church History book!!
What do you believe God thinks when he reads you're post and it says "BIBLE ONLY BOGUS CLAIM"......

signed HOJO.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#379800 Aug 11, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if apostolic succession doesn't exist,.
SORRY Jethro8!! NICE TRY---but apostolic succession HAS,(for over 2000 years)--- IS--- AND WILL CONTINUE to exist, despite the heretics, bigots and hypocrites that have come and gone (again) for over 2000 years---YET---the "Church lives on" JUST like Jesus said it would in Matthew 16:18--"For the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (HIS CHURCH)
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#379801 Aug 11, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not worth my time to respond to "ridiculous questions" such as the ones that Michael "dreams up"! He would rather "create and invent" comparable "nonsensical hogwash-double talk" that parallels what the National Inquirer" would print. You Protestants, atheists and agostics have become "radically desperate" in your attempt to undermine the Historical and Biblical TRUTH, that has been proven and confirmed, over and over and over again for over 2000 years, that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has, is and will CONTINUE to be HIS ONE (and only) True Church.
How come you are not saying 41,000 anymore?
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#379802 Aug 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"footnoted link", "facts and links" ?
The wiki article lists losts of references and links. And you're right to some extent that the Jews of the day did not anticipate "God in the flesh" as the Messiah. I have yet to see one using historical proof that the early Christians denied Christ's divinity. Whatever the Jewish sect's beliefs at the time, if the were not converts to Christianity they would of course deny His divinity, that's not your point, I assume.
Orthodox Jewish sects of the day rejected Him as the Messiah AND denied His divinity. Actual Jewish Christian converts accepted Him as the Messiah AND believed in His divine nature. This is supported biblically AND by all of the written Christian witness of the time. So again, what is your point?
What, no link? Que surprise!!

Fact: there is no "early Christian" written witness prior to the fall of the Temple.

You are also forced to ignore another 250 years of debate in Christianity, which caused Constantine to tell them to make up their minds and stop fighting.

You are a good robot. If you were not, you would know that the history is there for all to read (in spite of early Church efforts to destroy it). Just not the history robots want.

I stand by the link I provided. Many more can be found with a simple search. Maybe if you pound the keyboard enough, they will disappear. Good luck.
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#379803 Aug 11, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
......No wonder no one else from the Medeteranean ever heard about Jesus. Everything had been promised or done before.

......Jesus was summoned to bring Lazerous back from the dead and his friend named DayStorm walked away and said. Na! that trick has been done before by god/man APOLLONIUS, lonngg time ago. Jesus said OH!

.....Ok! Jesus said, I will find a blind man. Doesn't Jesus just so happen to believe he has bumped into a blind man named HOJO. What are the odds? Spits water and mud into his hands and rubs them into the HOJO's eyes. A sudden scream by HOJO. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!....Jesus said what? I am not blind, I am just dozzzing, minding my own business.........anyway that blindman trick was done a long time ago by man/god VESPATIANS said HOJO wiping the mud and spit from his eyes. Jesus says OH! and gets on his way along the path, as this man HOJO mutters to himself out loud, "half truths, heresies 41,000, lies"?? Jesus shakes his head in bewilderment at HOJO. I don't know anything about 41,000.

.......Jesus talks to his friend ANTHONY and says he is going to this wedding and I will turn water into wine. His friend ANTHONY said Been done before by god/man DIONYSUS. YIKES! Jesus says. Thanks ANTHONY.

His friends and the 12 apostles, all said to Jesus. Haven't you got something new? Jesus thought for a minute and said, I know! I KNOW! I will bring eternal life to those that follow me! His friend REGINA shaking her head and said god/man OSIRIS promised that 1,000 years ago.

Jesus throws his hands up in the air! his friends say now what another miracle? No! Jesus said, rubbing his hands in delight. lets go for a beer guys and I might be able to come up with something NEW! that has never been done before!. His friends said. "WE HOPE SO"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#379804 Aug 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not speak for God. You do not infallibly interpret His written Word. You have no authority.
You have not been called and sent. God would not call and send a liar.

Why don't you just answer the questions about the scripture, Anthony?
Calling someone a liar just makes it appear that you don't HAVE an answer.

God calls whom HE pleases. GOD interprets the Word. That is why the Bible is important. If man's interpretation disagrees with the Bible...guess who is wrong...

KayMarie
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#379805 Aug 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney "chose" "a" romaine lettuce to be his VP running mate. A Mormon and a Catholic...fundies heads will be exploding...but they'll vote for 'em anyway.
Yep. Isn't it ironic -- you now WANT and NEED the Fundie vote. You DO NOT WANT then to stay home, right!

Better be nice to them, and the Mormons too!

Funny how the world turns. What next, Catholics saying nice things about the Reformation?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#379806 Aug 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: there is no "early Christian" written witness prior to the fall of the Temple.
You are also forced to ignore another 250 years of debate in Christianity, which caused Constantine to tell them to make up their minds and stop fighting.
You are a good robot. If you were not, you would know that the history is there for all to read (in spite of early Church efforts to destroy it). Just not the history robots want.
I stand by the link I provided. Many more can be found with a simple search. Maybe if you pound the keyboard enough, they will disappear. Good luck.
Early Christian witness PRIOR to the destruction of Jerusalem;

Rom. 1:1 - Paul is an apostle of the Gospel of God - Rom. 15:19 - Paul preached the Gospel of Christ.

Rom. 7:22 - Paul says he delights in the law of God - Gal. 6:2 - Paul says fulfill the law of Christ.

Rom. 8:9 - Paul refers to both the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ.

Rom. 9:5 - Jesus Christ is God over all, blessed forever.

Rom. 11:36 - God for from Him through Him and to Him are all things - Heb. 2:10 - Jesus for whom and by whom are all things.

1 Cor. 15:9 - Paul says he persecuted the Church of God - Matt. 16:18; Rom. 16:16 - it is the Church of Jesus Christ.

1 Cor. 15:28 - God may be all in all - Colossians 3:11 - Christ is all and in all.

Gal. 1:5 - God the Father to whom be the glory forever - 2 Peter 3:18 - to Jesus Christ be the glory both now and forever.

Phil. 2:6-7 - Jesus was in the form of God, but instead of asserting His equality with God, emptied Himself for us.

Col. 1:15 - Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the "firstborn" of all creation. The Greek word for "first-born" is "prototokos" which means eternal preexistence (it never means created).

Col. 1:26 - God's saints - 1 Thess. 3:13 - at the coming of Jesus Christ with all His saints.

Col. 2:9 - in Jesus Christ the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily. He is the whole and entire fullness of the indivisible God in the flesh.

Titus 1:1 - Paul says he is a servant of God - Rom. 1:1 - Paul says he is a servant of Jesus Christ.

Titus 1:3-4 - God our Savior = Christ our Savior = Jesus Christ is God.

Titus 2:11 - the grace of God that has appeared to save all men - Acts 15:11 - through the grace of Jesus we have salvation.

Titus 2:13 - we await our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Titus 3:4 - 3:6 - great God and Savior Jesus Christ = God our Savior = Jesus Christ our Savior = Jesus is God.

Heb. 1:6 - when God brings His first-born into the world, let all the angels of God worship Him. Only God is worshiped.

Heb. 1:8 - God calls the Son "God." But of the Son He says, "Thy Throne Oh God is forever and ever."

Heb. 1:9 - God calls the Son "God." "Therefore, God, Thy God has anointed Thee."

Heb. 1:10 - God calls the Son "Lord." "And thou, Lord, didst found the earth in the beginning and the heavens are your work."

Heb. 13:12 - Paul says Jesus sanctifies the people with His blood - 1 Thess. 5:23 - the God of peace sanctifies the people.

2 Peter 1:1 - to those who have obtained a faith of equal standing in the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:20 - "that we may know Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life."

Jude 4 - Jude calls Jesus Christ our only Master and Lord. Our only Master and Lord is God Himself.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

The subsequent debate occured. The deniers were heretics and were excommunicated. Even today in protestantism there are many who deny Christ's divinity. Again, what's your point?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#379807 Aug 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, "quelle surprise".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 281,488
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 56,492
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Catcher1 971,901
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 183,001
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 30 min patsy the shared ... 42
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 46 min andet1987 2,366
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min WasteWater 45,016
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Toby 106,105
More from around the web