Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,530
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#374215 Jul 17, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
Question.......
Has the "one true church" belief ever been declared an infallible Catholic teachings?
Please provide a link to the Catholic church's list of infallible teachings. I don't believe it is there.
If not, then it could disappear tomorrow, just like Limbo and the requirement of Baptism for salvation.
That's because Papal infallible teachings are very rare..I think 1857 was the last one. Sometimes it takes a couple generations to realize something was said infallibly. Like contraception and the prophetic declaration by Paul vi in 1968. Now we have the data to support this infallible teaching.
You were raised Catholic, were you not? Free light of Catholicism?
Didn't your friends always get invited to mass with your family??
You should know these basic teachings already. lol
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#374216 Jul 17, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Ignatius.
Thanks Regina.

Any more?
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#374217 Jul 17, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Can Catholics or Hindus go to Heaven?
Well of course they can. What a strange question. All God’s children can go to heaven.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#374218 Jul 17, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Through out the Old and New Testaments....
two or more witnesses are required to document a truth..
Deu_19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.
Jesus said
Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
The Roman Catholics have no witness/scripture to establish a pope...
The fables that they have attempted to document their dynasty in Rome,
does not exist at all in the Bible...
Matthew 16: 17-19 has no other scriptures/witnesses that can be co-related to document it....any where in the Bible...
They cannot be taught...
as a doctrine
unless there are two or more scriptures/witnesses found elsewhere that validate them.
Confrinting Where is your "bible only" authority-- mentioned in the bible? book chapter and verse
Where did Jesus leave His Apostles the bible as the only source of His divine Truth? book, chapter and verse please
Where is the word bible mentioned in the bible? book chapter verse
Where are the words "personal relationship with Jesus Christ" book chapter and verse
Where is the word "trinity" mentioned in the bible? book, chapter, verse.
Where does it say (word for word) that the bible is the ONLY AUTHORITY for Christians? book, chapter and verse.
You keep saying that every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST BE IN THE BIBLE, in order for it to be true! OK!! Then tell us all "where does it say that" IN THE BIBLE!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#374219 Jul 17, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics' tongues are tied.
According to Catholic Church dogma -- for over 1000 years, Jesus' supposed guided church did not to allow ordinary lay persons to own or even read the Bible.
Question Catholics can only avoid.....
*** Do you honestly believe that for over 1000 years, it was the Will of Jesus for people NOT to own or read the Bible?
*** Do you honestly believe that for over 1000 years, it was the Will of Jesus to torture and kill people who read a Bible for themselves?
If Catholics fear facts and reality, then they are on the wrong board.
Free from thinking deep mind

1.) Literacy as we know it today in America did not exist for most of human history, and in various parts of the world today, nor was it needed for the average person to function, throughout history.

2.) Prior to the invention of the printing press, ALL WRITTEN MATERIAL had to be hand copied. If one wanted a copy of something, one had to either copy themselves, or pay some one else to do it.

3.) The bible did not drop out of the sky, wrapped in cellophane, with a walmart price sticker on it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#374220 Jul 17, 2012
''bless salt as well bless water as well bless statue''

Why don't you liked that?
truth

Perth, Australia

#374221 Jul 17, 2012
dusfunksion..ha ha ha ha for set up evil satanic force can do perfect don't you

you produce with hand and mind spread then accuse others..

your ''wish'' is be bigger then real Creator

''i know you before you born''
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#374222 Jul 17, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did the Church torcher and kill for reading the bible? A link if you don't mind....
The bible belongs at the Holy Mass. This is where scripture comes to life. Sacred tradition and sacred scripture flow together in harmony....Neither one used against the other. Neither one canceling out the other.
YES, i believe its the will of Jesus to NOT HAVE 41,000 separate authorities on sacred scripture.
The interpretations can only be guarded by the Church who God entrusted with compiling these writings.
Some used these writings to eliminate the divinity of Christ!!(ox)
Does that not speak volumes to how Christ might feel about private interpretations?
One of many pronouncements that I find.

"Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should not be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books."
- The Church Council of Toulouse 1229 AD

I wonder what the words "most strictly forbid" meant in the 1200's?

The invention of the printing press would have been a godsend for any "one-true" church operating under the guidance of Jesus.

Instead it was a godsend for mankind and a disaster for a very corrupt Catholic Church.

Mankind was finally able to read the Bible, look at the Catholic Church, and ask..........

"Where's the Beef?"

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#374223 Jul 17, 2012
Rev Harlan Pritchett wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re absolutely right. We’re imperfect beings, subject to making mistakes. I doubt that God would want to waste His valuable time noting each and every trivial mistake we make, but He does judge whether we are sinning, not playing according to His rules.
So, you ask,“Why is any God judging anyone?” Well, that’s a deep theological question worthy of extensive consideration and Biblical research (KJV of course). Suffice it to say, in His infinite wisdom, He does judge and He knows why.
Rev

That raise a philosphical question. To what extent is God responsible for his product defects? If a company makes a defective product, it can be held liable in a court of law. The company will either recall the product, to fix it, as in the case of an automobile, or scrap it all together. The may even produce a new and improved version. Why hasn't God fixed his product, man? Perhaps an "Adam 2.0"?
marge

Ames, IA

#374224 Jul 17, 2012
Hojo, do you believe there are pure unadultered words from God outside of the Bible?

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." Pro 3:5

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#374225 Jul 17, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did the Church torcher and kill for reading the bible? A link if you don't mind....
The bible belongs at the Holy Mass. This is where scripture comes to life. Sacred tradition and sacred scripture flow together in harmony....Neither one used against the other. Neither one canceling out the other.
YES, i believe its the will of Jesus to NOT HAVE 41,000 separate authorities on sacred scripture.
The interpretations can only be guarded by the Church who God entrusted with compiling these writings.
Some used these writings to eliminate the divinity of Christ!!(ox)
Does that not speak volumes to how Christ might feel about private interpretations?
You wrote

You Roman Catholics

1.Claim you wrote the Bib;e

2. refuse to live by the Bible.

3. Call the Bible sols Scriptura and castigate any one that attempts to live by it...

4. Now you say "The bible belongs at the Holy Mass"

I have to say

NO..

THE BIBLE DOES NOT BELONG TO YOUR UNHOLY, UNGODLY MESS...
marge

Ames, IA

#374226 Jul 17, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
Fathers taught by the Apostles:
St. Ignatius of Antioch (St. John)
St. Clement of Rome (St. Peter and St. Paul)
St. Polycarp (St. Peter and St. Paul)
yeah whatever Regina, We are taught directly by God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#374227 Jul 17, 2012
Rev Harlan Pritchett wrote:
<quoted text>
You completely misunderstand what I said, and possibly what Kay Marie said. I certainly understand that God judges people and that He and only He has that right. Needless to say, I have absolutely no problem with anything God does.
The point is that when we say “let God judge,” we make the error of sounding like we are giving Him permission to judge. He is God and so He needs no one’s permission to judge.

Regina:
KayMarie, this person is speaking to you again. You said you would "let God judge" Benny Hinn. This person has a problem with your statement. Not sure why he/she keeps replying to me, but I'll pass his/her posts along to you accordingly.

Michael
Canada

Why is any God judging anyone. Were imperfect beings, subject to making mistakes. Right?
ReginaM
Hackettstown, NJ

To all of you: I said 'let God judge Benny Hinn"; I was NOT giving Him permission to judge. As Brother Pritchert said, He needs no permission. I was responding to someone who was asking me to judge that situation. My point was simply...I am not to judge...that is God's business. One of the greatest sins in such a discussion as this, is the awful judgments that are pronounced.

I have no condemnation for any of you.

Michael...God is judging because HE IS THE JUDGE. Certainly we are imperfect beings, and make mistakes. God is not judging our mistakes, He is forgiving them. He is judging our rotten-do-it-my-way-evils. He is judging us for rejecting HIS instructions for living godly with other people.

It matters to Him how we live...and especially how we treat each other. Suppose that we forget all of the 'opinions' we have heard, and start comparing Bible notes with the intent to FIND THE TRUTH...not what our 'group' teaches.

BTW, Regina, I DO read the KJV...as well as other translations...including one or two Catholic versions.

I'd like to see all of you in heaven. Let us be like the Apostles in the Upper Room...all in one mind, and one accord.

Certainly it is possible.

KayMarie

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
marge

Ames, IA

#374228 Jul 17, 2012
"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him." 2 Sam 22:31

"And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#374229 Jul 17, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called)CHURCH IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF THE ABOVE
AND
They are responsible for the destruction of billions..of deceived souls..
such as your self..
The man who wrote this, divinely guided by God and receiving a special revelation from Him, taught St. Ignatius. St. Ignatius said the Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ. He said "Wherever the bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."
LTM

Canada

#374230 Jul 17, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
All right. I disagree, but I'll accept it for the sake of argument.
What about the rest of my post? Is a woman who's physically and verbally abused by her husband supposed to stay in that relationship if he's not unfaithful?
In one word, bullshit.
No their not, to stay some where where one is being physically and vrbslly abuses is wrong.
The husband has broken the marriage vows. to honor and protect her.

The minister says to the bridegroom

N, will you take N to be your wife?
Will you love her, comfort her, honour and protect her,
and, forsaking all others,
be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?

He answers

I will.

The minister says to the bride

N, will you take N to be your husband?
Will you love him, comfort him, honour and protect him,
and, forsaking all others,
be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?

He isn't honouring her or protecting her by beating her , and calling her names and putting her down all the time He broke his vows he took in front of God.

truth

Perth, Australia

#374231 Jul 17, 2012
Your Creator not judging you.
''wish''..you liked be bigger then God..you will judge yourself before you catch high point.
marge

Ames, IA

#374232 Jul 17, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The man who wrote this, divinely guided by God and receiving a special revelation from Him, taught St. Ignatius. St. Ignatius said the Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ. He said "Wherever the bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."
Didn't Ignatius also mention US in his writings noting that we don't believe in the real presence?

Proof!

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#374233 Jul 17, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative democrat?? So your face appears as Obama, and the face on the back of your head looks like Mitt Romney.
Thats a man sitting firmly on the fence.
Original. Must be a Canadian thing.

One question "Michael," you being a "Canadian;" how does it affect you whether I sit firmly on the fence or swing from it?

Perhaps you should confine yourself to answering my question because your post reeks of obtuseness.
truth

Perth, Australia

#374234 Jul 17, 2012
my mind is not yours as well my heart is not yours..i say necu=no

Jesus Christ words is perfect..''yes and no''.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Stilgar Fifrawi 810,621
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Pokay 269,092
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 15 min JesusIsResurrection 992
gigolo tangerang,,7ea256c6 34 min Agency gigolo 15
gigolo 39 min Agency gigolo 8
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 55 min Lumajuice 1,655
Last Word + 2 (Jul '14) 1 hr Non _cents 1,060
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 1 hr busted 165
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 608,291
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 97,932