Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673026 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Waterloo, Canada

#374406 Jul 17, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>We reject, your worship of saints and the Mother of our Lord,we reject your statues and your kneeling before them.
We reject your wearing scapulars and claiming that Mary will shorten your time in Purgatory when she sees you wearing such.We reject miraculous medals with again the image of a woman on it you claim is the Mother of our Lord.
We reject the Papacy in all its pomp and its history of destruction through the ages, we reject the false claims of Roman Catholicism throughout the ages. We reject the celibacy your church imposes on its people who desire to serve the LORD.
We reject the worship of the Eucharist on an altar,as though the Body of Christ is permanently encased in things made by the hands of human beings,when in fact our Lord is sitting at the right hand of His FATHER in Heaven,and the Holy Spirit,omnipresent does the Will of the Father in the Son on earth for the Church to know the Godhead.
We reject your apparitions that have become dogma even if you claim they do not,Catholics are bound by them. Mary is not the Spouse of the Holy Spirit or GOD,as the Holy Spirit is G O D.
We reject your putting tradition equal to the Word of God.
Amen Pad, Great post and the absolute truth.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#374407 Jul 17, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
Clay...denominations are simply NAMES (nom) that develop, and are over church doors. One family/community gathers and studies together, and gives their group a name. They will have a few different ideas from place to place, but those will adjust IF you can get the groups to communicate.
No one of them is THE church...
KayMarie
Well, I'm interested in truth. Jesus couldn't have started a Church that was a little right here.....somewhat right there....etc etc.
It's all or nothing.
To be honest, I do not see one single theological point that the Catholic Church misses on.
Since I desire truth, I would wholeheartedly acknowledge a Church error in teachings. But no Protestant claim at this point adds up.
I think Protestantism only exists because they use deception.
LTM

Waterloo, Canada

#374408 Jul 17, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is will you worship with him?
What about Mr. Coffee when he said he would never worship the human Christ? There was only one protestant who corrected him. The rest of you agreed with him.
Christ means anointed one,

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#374409 Jul 17, 2012
My cousin Steve Partin.s Bulegrass Gospel Group

CROSSPOINT- Every Step He Took For Me

ENJOY!!!!

&fe ature=related
ReginaM

Boonton, NJ

#374410 Jul 17, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Marge said Jesus was the Father in the Old Testament.
Fr. Max's Smile Corner

"No Excuse Sunday"

1. Cots will be placed in the narthex for those who say, "Sunday is my only day to sleep in."

2. We will have steel helmets for those who say, "The roof would cave in if I ever came to church."

3. The sanctuary will be decorated with both Christmas poinsettias and Easter lilies for those who have never seen the Church without them.

4. Doctors and nurses will be in attendance for those who plan to be sick on Sunday.

5. There will be a special section with lounge chairs for those who feel that our pews are too hard.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#374411 Jul 17, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Pad. No insult intended. I heard some say here that the baptism in water that followed "believers baptism" was mostly symbolic. They said that they faith itself wasjed away sins. Am wrong?
HS I went to a Bible College years ago in England,or rather South Wales. In our student body every protestant group was represented meaning: Anglicans,various congregational,Lutherans from (Germany,Sweden,Switzerland and Finland)Reformed from(Holland and France) Brethren from(Italy and Southern Switzerland).There were Evangelicals from at least 5 different groups who came from (Africa,India and Indochina)Four of us Americans were Evangelicals from the Assemblies of God,Bible standard churches,Open Bible Churches,and Elim Pentecostal which was not a oneness sect).So you can imagine when we had men's meetings with prayer included how varied we were in perhaps practice and belief.

The issue of Communion and baptism was very much hashed over by much of the student body.We all basically considered the emblems of communion:bread and the juice(wine in some cases) as being symbolic in the sense that the bread represented His Body and the juice represented His Blood. Some of the Anglican students who were English,Irish and Welsh also Scottish all believed in the Real Presence,although they knew that the RCC did not accept their belief on the tenet that only a Catholic Priest of the Roman Church could consecrate the host as becoming the Real Presence.

Some of the Reformed and Lutherans believed in the Real Presence as well,but knew of course their communions were not accepted or valid in the Roman Tradition.We evangelicals were often asked why we do not believe in the Real Presence,we answered because it was basically to do with the Roman Catholic rejection of communion outside of their communion and transubstantiation,so it was far better for us to celebrate Communion as a spiritual feast as it were which seriously remembered the death of our Lord in His Memorial.Therefore the words of symbolism meant more to us than symbols,but a spiritual experience that connects us directly to Christ in His death through the partaking of the physical elements of bread and wine as it were.

The Anglicans and Lutherans and Reformists who believed in the Real Presence had easy access to join in with the Anglican church that was connected with the College,of which many of the faculty were Anglicans who were very conservative and made no bones about it.I attended some of their services,and enjoyed their liturgy.Much the same as the RC.But the College did have services every Sunday for all of us to attend which were Evangelical,with some liturgical responses of joined faith in the ONE and only Jesus Christ,Lord of all and King of kings.

Baptists in the community near the college would attend our services because they were rich in truth of reading the Word,and preaching sermons about Christ and the things of God full of faith.All the Anglicans and Lutherans,Reformists and Brethren attended the services and joined with respect and were always favorable. I cannot remember anyone ever considering baptism to being some symbolic act,but a true reality of conversion and being ONE with Christ in His death,and when coming out of the water being resurrected with Him. That college was strong on preaching the unsearchable riches of Christ. Not leaving us wondering what we have committed our lives to.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#374412 Jul 17, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>You do not realize how near in the future that the Catholic Church is to be taken away. Consumed by fire at the brightness of his coming andcast into a firey pit with your false prophet.
You're right. I do not realize the Catholic Church is to be taken away and consumed by fire.
If I bought into your opinion, I would have to call Jesus Christ a liar when He said "upon this rock I will build my CHURCH, and the gates of hell shall not prevail".

His Church has had some hiccups over the yrs. Less then perfect leaders made decisions unbecoming of a Catholic.
Yet, not a single one, has ever changed the doctrine of the Catholic Church. No one ever reversed earlier interpretations of the Bible.

It can't be taken down by YOU or anyone else.

Anti Christ Napoleon Bonaparte captured Rome and took Pope Pius the VI captive. Pope Pius died while in prison.
When Napoleon told the Pope that in one yr, he will destroy the Catholic Church, the Pope sent a Cardinal to him with a message. "Sir, we Priests have been trying to destroy the Church for 1,800 yrs., I doubt that you can destroy it in one".

The point was that the Church is founded on weak humans. The Cardinal was not saying that Priests were purposely trying to destroy the Catholic Church, but rather, their sinful humanity would have destroyed it a long time ago if not for the protection of the Holy Spirit. Indeed, no institution could survive this long with so many sinners.. The gates of hell shall not prevail.

So, you can wish in one hand 7th day, and *$*&! in the other.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#374413 Jul 17, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>Exorcizo te, omnis spiritus immunde, in nomine Dei Patris omnipotentis, et in noimine Jesu Christi Filii ejus, Domini et Judicis nostri, et in virtute Spiritus Sancti, ut descedas ab hoc plasmate Dei LTM, quod Dominus noster ad templum sanctum suum vocare dignatus est, ut fiat templum Dei vivi, et Spiritus Sanctus habitet in eo. Per eumdem Christum Dominum nostrum, qui venturus est judicare vivos et mortuos, et saeculum per ignem.
Oh, now that's original. Cast out the evil spirits because someone (who like you believes the fable of the "new testament") shows you proof of how your lovely cult is a fake.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#374414 Jul 17, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>What is a Conservative Democrat
Google the term.
LTM

Waterloo, Canada

#374415 Jul 17, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>LTM don't worry about this talk about God being Father of the Old Covenant and Jesus in the New.GOD is :Father-Son and Holy Spirit.ALL Three Persons are in both the old and new covenants,we see both at work and doing what they purposed to do from the beginning till now.We are watching the unveiling of more that they are doing for the glory of the G O D H E A D.Love what Christ has done for you,enjoy His salvation, be pleased that your baptism has joined you with His body,and His resurrection, it is not a symbol,but a reality.Our communion is a reality as it were as well.When you take of the bread and the juice or what your community uses it is more than symbolism,it is entering spiritually into His death,remembering what He did at Calvary for us all.
We cannot tell Catholics that what we believe is pure symbolism,when we know that spiritually God gives to us the reality in His Spirit of what Jesus did at Calvary,and our baptism into His body,He is the Son of the Father,and the Holy Spirit has been sent to us to reveal Christ to us.The three are ONE GOD,forever and ever. Don't get caught up in words,they try to change what we know what we believe.If what I stated to you is not what you believe than lets discuss it.But we are one in Christ who died and gave Himself a ransom for us, it is not symbolism,but reality.Com munion and Baptism are realities of What Christ did in His life, for our salvation and to glorify His Father in heaven.
I agree Pad thank you, we have Christ and that is enough we have all we need. Our salvation is complete in Him

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#374416 Jul 17, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
Benny Hinn is a faith healer who is known world-wide. People who hate Pentecost, faith-healing, and such, hate Benny Hinn. He is a man who has accomplished much, but, as a man, has a short coming or two. He is used as a whipping boy by those who hate Protestants.(He likely doesn't have time for posting here!)
He is humble enough to submit himself to those of different denominations when they noted that one of his early doctrines was a bit 'off'.
His wife recently divorced him (as if THEY were the only people who have struggled with that in this divorce-crazy generation!), but they are presently reconciling, and are to re-marry soon.
Faith healing should be observed carefully; Jesus was the number one faith-healer of all time.
KayMarie
Bennt Hinn is a Heretic and a crook
Pad

Fishers, IN

#374417 Jul 17, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's me, a groupie for Christ!!
I don't wonder why there are protestants, I know why....Pride. You can throw a little envy in there, too.
Look, Dan, I'll always correct error when I can. That's pretty much the gist of it.
Hope you're feeling better these days.
Actually I am doing better,it was bad news at first,nevertheless ok now.Not looking forward to returning to work so fast,I keep hoping someday to retire for good,but that is not possible right now.

Should be returning back to work in two weeks.Take care thank you for asking about my health.God Bless you and yours. By the way I do not feel any pride in being opposed to the RCC,it grieves me at times,but like you I must speak when possible about truth verses Human tradition based on error.

Judged:

14

14

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#374418 Jul 17, 2012
Water baptism is clearly a FIGURE or TYPE of something which already took place in the heart of the believer the moment he/she was saved (1 Pet. 3:21). Water baptism is the ordinance representing the identification of the Christian with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

You are "crucified" (standing upright in water), you are "buried" (immersed into the water), and you are "resurrected into life" (raised out of the water). Water baptism then, is a picture of spiritual baptism as defined in Rom. 6:3-5 and 1 Corinthians 12:13.

It is the outward testimony of the believer's inward faith. A sinner is saved the moment he places his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Baptism is a visible testimony to that faith.

"Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him, through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised Him from the dead." Colossians 2:12

"As Christ was raised up from the dead, by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4

"Baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." Matthew 28:19

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. Galatians 3:26,27

So then, water baptism is a picture of what transpired when you placed your faith and trust in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ to save you from your sins (Romans 6:3-5).

It does not atone for sin.

Only the blood of Christ cleanses us from sin (I John 1:7; Colossians 1:14).

Acts 2:41 we observe that they received the word, THEN they were baptized.

In Acts 8:12,36,37 we find that they believed, THEN they were baptized.

In Acts 10:43,44,47, it is plain to see that those who believed received the Holy Ghost, and THEN they were baptized.

Lost people do not receive the Holy Ghost.

When the Philippian jailer asked, "What must I do to be saved?" they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved...." (Acts 16:30-34).

Paul did not tell him to be baptized to be saved. His baptism came AFTER his believing, which sets the scriptural standard.

Judged:

14

14

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#374419 Jul 17, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I do not realize the Catholic Church is to be taken away and consumed by fire.
If I bought into your opinion, I would have to call Jesus Christ a liar when He said "upon this rock I will build my CHURCH, and the gates of hell shall not prevail".
His Church has had some hiccups over the yrs. Less then perfect leaders made decisions unbecoming of a Catholic.
Yet, not a single one, has ever changed the doctrine of the Catholic Church. No one ever reversed earlier interpretations of the Bible.
It can't be taken down by YOU or anyone else.
Anti Christ Napoleon Bonaparte captured Rome and took Pope Pius the VI captive. Pope Pius died while in prison.
When Napoleon told the Pope that in one yr, he will destroy the Catholic Church, the Pope sent a Cardinal to him with a message. "Sir, we Priests have been trying to destroy the Church for 1,800 yrs., I doubt that you can destroy it in one".
The point was that the Church is founded on weak humans. The Cardinal was not saying that Priests were purposely trying to destroy the Catholic Church, but rather, their sinful humanity would have destroyed it a long time ago if not for the protection of the Holy Spirit. Indeed, no institution could survive this long with so many sinners.. The gates of hell shall not prevail.
So, you can wish in one hand 7th day, and *$*&! in the other.
Clay I appreciate more than you think the quote you gave from a Cardinal to Napoleon Bonaparte.
"Sir, we Priests have been trying to destroy the church for 1800 years, I doubt that you can destroy it in one."

How true,not just the weakness of individuals take part in destroying the church but our own interests and aspirations that come out of a heart ruled by the flesh and not the spirit.

The Sinful condition of all humanity will always be a detriment to truth and holiness,so we can all agree upon that.

The C h u r c h is the Body of Christ and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.Since we all at times through sin can enter a time where we are close to hell in our experiences,we can see that the gates of hell in a spiritual sense approaches the very entrance of our own lives as we live in Christ,and are tempted in the flesh.

The C h u r c h is the Body of Christ,it holds within itself all that is Christ,His attributes,His character,His blood which saves us,and His relationship with the Father. What Catholics never mention is that Christ is ALL in all,and that He has no limits as to WHOM He will touch,the Whosoever will as the Bible states.So when we are those who have been converted by Him,frankly CLAY, we do not need the Roman Catholic Church's acceptance of our testimony in Christ.

When we sin against His body,we bring down the whole body,not just a part but the whole.So when priests,bishops and cardinals and popes sinned against the Lord,and brought much shame to the Body it affected the whole body,even segments that sought to be pure and undefiled from the sins of the Roman Church.Continued:

Judged:

14

14

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LTM

Waterloo, Canada

#374420 Jul 17, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Google the term.
Why you can't tell me?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#374421 Jul 17, 2012
Continued with the CLAY, the Church that Napoleon tried to destroy.

Napoleon surely had his own grievances with Roman Catholicism,as he politically wanted to rule the earth,and the RCC did not want him to succeed and no one else in their right mind could accept Napoleon's endeavor to conquer the whole world. No doubt he saw the Roman Church as being a big stumbling block to him both in moral absolutes to his designs and also in ownership of real estate,as the Roman Church owned much land.

But Napoleon did not know that the political aspirations he held in conflict with the Roman church,was not going to be an ultimate end for the church at all.

He might have been able to lock up prelates and hold the Roman Church at bay,but the truth of whether Christ's true church would be destroyed by Napoleon could never be a reality.Because Christ's true church is not of this world,it is a kingdom that the FATHER already had in glory.

"YOUR Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven." The Church is the spiritual Kingdom of the Father that does not have earthly walls to be destroyed by physical armies such as could be financed by such as Napoleon Bonaparte.

When Catholics claim they are part of the only church,they in fact do not believe in the kingdom of the Father which is on earth as it is in heaven,and has nothing to do with just one organization fueled by generations of men and women,their assets and their sweat and tears.

The Body of Christ is the kingdom of the Father on earth as it is in heaven, and we all are part of that spiritual kingdom,because God the Father is Spirit and in Truth as the Lord Jesus said He was,Is and Is to Come. So all that is of God is first Spiritual,and we have yet to understand and fully comply to that Kingdom,as our human condition is what organized us into all of the systems we have today in the "C h u r c h".

Judged:

14

13

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#374422 Jul 17, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
Water baptism is clearly a FIGURE or TYPE of something which already took place in the heart of the believer the moment he/she was saved (1 Pet. 3:21). Water baptism is the ordinance representing the identification of the Christian with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
You are "crucified" (standing upright in water), you are "buried" (immersed into the water), and you are "resurrected into life" (raised out of the water). Water baptism then, is a picture of spiritual baptism as defined in Rom. 6:3-5 and 1 Corinthians 12:13.
It is the outward testimony of the believer's inward faith. A sinner is saved the moment he places his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Baptism is a visible testimony to that faith.
"Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him, through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised Him from the dead." Colossians 2:12
"As Christ was raised up from the dead, by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4
"Baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." Matthew 28:19
"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. Galatians 3:26,27
So then, water baptism is a picture of what transpired when you placed your faith and trust in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ to save you from your sins (Romans 6:3-5).
It does not atone for sin.
Only the blood of Christ cleanses us from sin (I John 1:7; Colossians 1:14).
Acts 2:41 we observe that they received the word, THEN they were baptized.
In Acts 8:12,36,37 we find that they believed, THEN they were baptized.
In Acts 10:43,44,47, it is plain to see that those who believed received the Holy Ghost, and THEN they were baptized.
Lost people do not receive the Holy Ghost.
When the Philippian jailer asked, "What must I do to be saved?" they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved...." (Acts 16:30-34).
Paul did not tell him to be baptized to be saved. His baptism came AFTER his believing, which sets the scriptural standard.
AMEN full of love.Baptism does not save us,but it is also part of our experience of salvation,in that it takes us into the reality spiritually of the death of our Lord,and as we come out of the water, the Resurrection of our Lord.I do not know how much more real we can see it than that?

Judged:

14

14

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#374423 Jul 17, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm interested in truth. Jesus couldn't have started a Church that was a little right here.....somewhat right there....etc etc.
It's all or nothing.
To be honest, I do not see one single theological point that the Catholic Church misses on.
Since I desire truth, I would wholeheartedly acknowledge a Church error in teachings. But no Protestant claim at this point adds up.
I think Protestantism only exists because they use deception.
**********

Clay...you are getting close. THE Church is not a 'little here, and a little there'. I can meet a real Christian anywhere...Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, etc., even some Catholics, and KNOW that they are The Church. How? We have the same Spirit.

Please show me where Protestants use deception. Give me examples.

Keep one thing in mind; Children of God are born IN the world, and some of the things we need to know about the Kingdom of God, must be learned. That is why God set teachers in the church...FOR THE PERFECTION OF THE SAINTS.(Eph.4:11) It is why we have experiences that 'open our eyes'. It is why that Jesus said that,'the Holy Spirit, when He is come WILL GUIDE YOU IN ALL TRUTH.'

Thus you may be further on the road to perfection than another person in your own family or church. It does not make them wrong; just shows that they have more growing to do.(Or we may be the one who needs to 'grow'.:)

KayMarie

Judged:

13

13

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#374424 Jul 17, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN full of love.Baptism does not save us,but it is also part of our experience of salvation,in that it takes us into the reality spiritually of the death of our Lord,and as we come out of the water, the Resurrection of our Lord.I do not know how much more real we can see it than that?
**********

Ro.6:3 tells us that we are 'baptized into His death'. The Greek word translated 'baptize' is 'bapto'; meaning 'immerse completely'.(Some teach sprinkling because they are not aware of that.) When one is 'immersed' completely under the water, they face a taste of death. They cannot see, speak, breathe. Some argue that the thief on the cross was not baptized...but he entered (was baptized into) death WITH Jesus.

Jesus said, "I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done."

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#374425 Jul 17, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Bennt Hinn is a Heretic and a crook
*********

You know him personally, do you? And know his heart?

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Holy Child Jehova... 104,590
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Rider on the Storm 184,604
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 12 min blkguylooking 471
Best adult sites (Apr '12) 19 min Eric 9
Want to find a BDSM skype salve for light BDSM (Feb '15) 26 min ZACHSNOW01 11
White Women Feet Smell and Taste! (Jun '12) 40 min jj is cool 35
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 50 min lightbeamrider 4,048
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Holy Child Jehova... 981,223
More from around the web