Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658478 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Jack

Summer Hill, Australia

#373014 Jul 12, 2012
Italians are filthy monkeys.

It's time we exterminated those subhuman dagos.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#373015 Jul 12, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does Paul say in other book he wrote we are justified by faith? To confuse you?
Having faith means you accept his teaching that we receive justifying grace in our baptism. Since you reject baptism, you don't have the faith St. Paul was writing about.
Dago

Summer Hill, Australia

#373016 Jul 12, 2012
Mamma Mia!

I is a dago!

I eata da pizza and jizz on my mumma!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#373017 Jul 12, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm...do what?
I honestly have no clue what you just said.
You are not justified simply by saying the "sinner's prayer" or walking up some aisle in your community gathering building and having an invalidly ordained protestant preacher slap you on the head.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#373018 Jul 12, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
In the verses from Paul I'm trying to explain to you Paul says we are justified by faith. There is NO MENTION OF BAPTISM...NONE.
It matters not, you have no authority to "explain" any verse to me.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#373019 Jul 12, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't believe baptism remits sin, Clay. To them it's just getting wet, just something they do because it's in the bible, but they don't believe it's efficacious.
I think they need to get their stuff together before they start attacking Catholics.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#373020 Jul 12, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The washing of regeneration is being washed in the Blood of Jesus..
Jesus said..
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and -->is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
-->(BAPTIZED... in the blood of Jesus..)
==>IT IS THE BLOOD OF JESUS THAT CLEANSES FROM ALL SIN.
SEE
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and
==>THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Col_1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col_1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Heb_9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Geneva Bible COMMENTARIES DATED 1599
Hebrews 10:19
(6) Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
(6) The sum of the former treatise: We are not shut out from the holy
place, as the fathers were, but we have an entrance into the true holy
place (that is, into heaven) seeing that we are purged with the blood,
not of beasts, but of Jesus. Neither as in times past, does the High
Priest shut us out by setting the veil against us, but through the
veil, which is his flesh, he has brought us into heaven itself, so that
we have now truly an High Priest who is over the house of God.
You have no authority to interpret scripture. You do not speak for God.

All of the earliest Christians testify that "washing of regeneration" is baptism. They had authority and they spoke for God. We know this because they were taught by the apostles.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#373021 Jul 12, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus said..
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and -->is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
-->(BAPTIZED... in the blood of Jesus..)
==>IT IS THE BLOOD OF JESUS THAT CLEANSES FROM ALL SIN.
SEE
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and
==>THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Col_1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col_1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Heb_9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Geneva Bible COMMENTARIES DATED 1599
Hebrews 10:19
(6) Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
(6) The sum of the former treatise: We are not shut out from the holy
place, as the fathers were, but we have an entrance into the true holy
place (that is, into heaven) seeing that we are purged with the blood,
not of beasts, but of Jesus. Neither as in times past, does the High
Priest shut us out by setting the veil against us, but through the
veil, which is his flesh, he has brought us into heaven itself, so that
we have now truly an High Priest who is over the house of God.
~~~

There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel’s veins;
And sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains.
Lose all their guilty stains, lose all their guilty stains;
And sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains.

The dying thief rejoiced to see that fountain in his day;
And there have I, though vile as he, washed all my sins away.
Washed all my sins away, washed all my sins away;
And there have I, though vile as he, washed all my sins away.

Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood shall never lose its power
Till all the ransomed church of God be saved, to sin no more.
Be saved, to sin no more, be saved, to sin no more;
Till all the ransomed church of God be saved, to sin no more.

E’er since, by faith, I saw the stream Thy flowing wounds supply,
Redeeming love has been my theme, and shall be till I die.
And shall be till I die, and shall be till I die;
Redeeming love has been my theme, and shall be till I die.

Then in a nobler, sweeter song, I’ll sing Thy power to save,
When this poor lisping, stammering tongue lies silent in the grave.
Lies silent in the grave, lies silent in the grave;
When this poor lisping, stammering tongue lies silent in the grave.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#373022 Jul 12, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus never bled on anyone.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#373023 Jul 12, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Read that web site you posted.Interesting and eye-opening.I do ask you though,I am sure you want to see every one have a chance to be what they want. Should gay priests have the right to have intercourse with another male? The fact that a priest may be found to be gay is not really a problem,as there have been some who have made their voices heard,and say they are gay.Well the real problem is whether or not they should be allowed to have sex with other priests,or men in general?
Celibacy should apply to them as well,and actually their orientation should not be a problem,only if that man seeks to have liaisons with other males.
Of course we see that same-sex unions will give rise to same-sex priest unions in the future.That no doubt will be the straw that hits the Camel's kneck.Gay priests will have to come to strong terms with their sexuality in a Church that does not recognize their orientation as being condoned by God.
Evangelicals feel the same way as the Catholic Church when it comes to condoning homosexual intercourse,so a pastor who comes out of the closet as it were has to either be willing to be defrocked if in fact he stands on the right to have sexual intercourse with another male.On the other hand a pastor who is sexually drawn to other males,yet believes he should remain celibate and wants to give his life over to Christ needs to be recognized as a suitable member of his church,and capable of leading a congregation.
I agree fully, gay priests should adhere to celibacy. In a denomination in which the act of homosexuality is considered a sin, a gay pastor must also refrain from the behavior.Rules should be clear beforehand.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#373024 Jul 12, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We are justified by faith....you tell me.
We are condemned if we do not have faith
We are not condemned if we aren't baptized
Apparently Jesus wanted us to be Baptized just like He was. He said "He who believes AND is Baptized shall be saved".
Christ and the Apostles thought baptism was important enough that they all did it themselves. Jesus walked how many miles to be baptized?

Just because YOU see no value in the water, does not mean God doesn't. For whatever reason, God chose water baptism in His plan for salvation. You have no authority to undo this sacrament.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#373025 Jul 12, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We are justified by faith....you tell me.
We are condemned if we do not have faith
We are not condemned if we aren't baptized
Who says we are justified by faith alone? Its faith + works. Always has been....
again, you have no authority to undo these teachings.

However, I think you're a nice guy Chuck. Respectful.
You could just tell us we are all going to hell, including our children because we're Catholics. I hear that one allot....
Pad

Fishers, IN

#373026 Jul 12, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't believe baptism remits sin, Clay. To them it's just getting wet, just something they do because it's in the bible, but they don't believe it's efficacious.
WRONG again Regina. Baptism is stated after repentance,it includes being identified with our Lord in both His death and resurrection.Our sins are washed away by the Blood of Christ,baptism is a regeneration for the believer.Notice however that the baptism comes after repentance,like a cart is hitched to the horse,the horse leads and pulls the cart. Repentance is the horse and baptism is the cart.

That is biblical,DO not see any provision for infant baptism here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#373027 Jul 12, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I agree fully, gay priests should adhere to celibacy. In a denomination in which the act of homosexuality is considered a sin, a gay pastor must also refrain from the behavior.Rules should be clear beforehand.
AGREE. is it hot where you are at HS? We are experiencing a drought,and it does not look like there is any relief coming.Have a good night.
ReginaM

Boonton, NJ

#373028 Jul 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they need to get their stuff together before they start attacking Catholics.
Amen, brother!

They have no other choice but to attack. How else are they going to justify their rejection of the faith once given? Their doctrines aren't scriptural, they aren't apostolic, they have nothing to stand on but the words of some men nearly 2,000 years after the fact, and they know it.

Location hidden

#373029 Jul 12, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for calling attention to your post that I had missed.
I discovered that Hitler himself wrote that he really didn't give Jews much thought until he got into politics after WW1. I believe that was in a letter he wrote in 1919.
In my error, I took the focus off my main point. Hitler should not be included in that discussion.
My main point -- 100% on topic -- is and was this:
I do not believe Jesus choose and continues to guide any "one-true" church that fostered antisemitism -- not by one or two rogue Popes -- but throughout most of it's existence.
From Regina's linjk:
http://www.adl.org/hate-patrol/antisemitism.a...
"By the high middle ages (11th --14th centuries), Jews were widely persecuted as barely human "Christ-killers" and "Devils." Forced to live in all-Jewish ghettos, they were accused of poisoning rivers and wells during times of disease. Some were tortured and executed for supposedly abducting and killing Christian children to drink their blood or to use to it in baking matzoh - a charge known as the "blood libel."
It was only in the last 50 years that the so-called "one-true" church was moved to formally renounce the idea that "the Jews" killed Christ.
Therefore, please explain why you believe Jesus would not guide his one-true church away from such immorality -- yet continue to guide it as his (supposed) perfect source of faith and morals?
What you say is fully understandable.I think the question is legitimate.Many rational people looking at the facts would think the same.A reasonable person would conclude that a "True Church" guided by Christ would not have engaged in any os these actions.So, to be fair, you can't be faulted for that.
I searched my heart for the answer myself. I am Orthodox and will defend the Catholic Church from unfair or false allegations.

The issue is a hot button. I could best explain where I am coming from by using my own church.The Orthodox church has certainly has had its share of scandals.It has had molesters. And worse.ow would this occur if it was guided by Christ.To be honest with myself, I have to ask this.So looked at the Protestant Church founders" Luther, Zwingli, Calvin, Knox, etc.I found some of the same abuses and definitely persecutions and "inquisitions".Going by that standard no Church is a hurch of hrist. None.

Now this part you probably may see as a cop out. I really do separate the sins of man from the Truth of Christ.The Holy Spirit can guide us but we can disconnect, stray from Him and engage in sin. ut the Truth is still there.Christ is still there. The Holy Spirit is still there to guide.Like I said, sounds like a cop out, but to me,it is reasonable.

The ope walked into a fiire storm at certainly the wrong time. I am told he was talking to his own people, not outside churches. However the story was picked up at the time the Church is immersed in a huge scandal and this made it a whole lot worse.
ReginaM

Boonton, NJ

#373030 Jul 12, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG again Regina. Baptism is stated after repentance,it includes being identified with our Lord in both His death and resurrection.Our sins are washed away by the Blood of Christ,baptism is a regeneration for the believer.Notice however that the baptism comes after repentance,like a cart is hitched to the horse,the horse leads and pulls the cart. Repentance is the horse and baptism is the cart.
That is biblical,DO not see any provision for infant baptism here.
Are you telling me that you believe that baptism is salvific, that it remits sin as scripture clearly states?

Yes, I know you don't see any provision for infant baptism, but that doesn't mean it's not there. And we all know the very, very early church baptized infants as well. Before the NT canon was even conceived of.

Location hidden

#373031 Jul 12, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AGREE. is it hot where you are at HS? We are experiencing a drought,and it does not look like there is any relief coming.Have a good night.
In the 90's.Us Northereners arent use to this stuff. LOL Take Care

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#373032 Jul 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the earliest Christians testify that "washing of regeneration" is baptism. They had authority and they spoke for God. We know this because they were taught by the apostles.
~~~

Baptism in water has no redemptive effect or purpose upon a person that is not first born again and cleansed by the Blood of Jesus.

Believing upon the lord Jesus Christ must be first...

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Then water baptism.. by immersion...

example...#1 ..The words of Paul and Silas to the Philippian Jailor..

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Act 16:34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

____

Example # 2 The Ethiopian Eunuch

Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Act 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

You need to read you Bible...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#373033 Jul 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand this stuff man.

God included water baptism in His plan for salvation. These 'born agains' see no significance in the water, so they undo this teaching.

Christ established the Holy Eucharist by saying the bread and wine are his actual body and blood. The Apostles showed us how we can partake in this banquet at the Holy Mass.
The 'born agains' don't think Jesus can be present in the bread. So they undo this teaching as well.

The Apostles taught that we are justified by faith + works.
The 'born agains' ignore the works teachings and use the 'faith' teachings to cancel out the other.

This verse comes to mind:
2timothy 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teachings, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions.

And especially this one:

1timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times, some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons.

Teachings of demons? I know one thing....demons hate the Holy Eucharist. And they managed to get people to ignore it, ridicule it, and teach against it. Unbelievable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 70,343
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min ChristineM 445,518
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Thinking 282,900
Poll Is it OK for men to lust /look at underage girls? (Feb '09) 7 min Hmm223 178
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 9 min Johnny 4,945
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 10 min Poppyann 3,005
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min nanoanomaly 974,663
More from around the web