Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675539 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Little Falls, NJ

#368980 Jun 27, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
"grace sufficient for the salvation of many souls; but to have enough to suffice for the salvation of everybody in the world. is the greatest of all; and this is found in Christ and in the Blessed Virgin.”
Iam trying to inteligently and objectively study this. I will research further but here is one thing I am seeing.
He did not separaate Mary from Christ in saying
"but to have enough to suffice for the salvation of everybody in the world. is the greatest of all; and this is found in Christ and in the Blessed Virgin.”
One way this could be read is that Mary had the grace to be chosen to give birth to Christ and Christ saved the world.Christ. not Mary.
I will check further. As always one paragraphh no context.
Hermie, look in the Catechism. Don't go by what they say here.
truth

Byford, Australia

#368981 Jun 27, 2012
We discover another side too..why other side honest if they are not.
Its very easy find out!
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#368982 Jun 27, 2012
If I go to a Protestant Church it is not much of a stretch for me to sing ppraises, pray, hear the homily, praise God. etc.
But if you came to our church you have incense, icons, processions,chanting, foreign languages at time,bowing, crossig. I could see where that is quite different.
Hi H.M When we pray to God for Healing, I believe God answers every time. We may not see the healing at first but be sure God is not slacking, God starts the healing in the inner man first, a lot of our physical illnesses in the body come about because of,
holding on to bad things that have happen to us in our lifes.
The hurts fester, unforgiveness, wanting revenge, over the years, it begins to weight us down becaause layer upon layer of garbage is laying on our heart and soul.
We pray for healing God starts to peel back the layers,(SOMEONE TOLD ME GOD WILL PEEL US LIKE AN ONION ONE LAYER AT A TIME). God works in the spiritual realm, Everything God does is Spiritual, He cares about us mind body and soul, He wants us totally heal, People walking around with a broke heart, and spirit, are physically sick, depressed, drink to hide the pain as well as take drugs. God gets at the root of our problems, So we Say ("GOD TAKES CARE OF THE INNER MAN , THE INNER MAN WILL TAKE CARE OF THE OUTER MAN.") Thank you for Psalm 51, I let satan steal last night, I am not going to let him steal this day. God Bless.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#368983 Jun 27, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>
What does bent over a pew mean? Read this statement out loud and then tell me it was sexual. Bring this statement into a court room and you will be laughed out. It is your imagination which leads you to believe this statement is a sexual statement. Where is the sexual expression? In your mind.
You know full well what you meant.

Here's the REST OF THE STORY;

Hey, Regina, how do you like those priests? We hear you go to confession and get bent over a pew.

Is this correct?

>>>>They said bent over because >>>your backside out shines your frontside

There is no other meaning for what you said.

If there is,as a child of God,you should be able to explain your comment.

Another thing,that verse on the other forum was not speaking of a
hetrosexual woman and her husband.

"1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women (((did change the natural use)
>>>> into that which is against nature:

READ ON DUDE>>> 1:27 (((And likewise)))>> also the men,
leaving >>>>((the natural use of the woman)),
burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

Now,what is against nature?
Women lying with women and men lying with men.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#368984 Jun 27, 2012
No Dialogue-o por Diablo wrote:
<quoted text>Well Psychotherapy 101. You ask a queation. You see some hostility under the surface. It means there is something there to be mined. Dont try to understand psychology.You are having a hard enough time with Orthodoxy and catholicism.
Go on and continue to divert, it is very telling.

If you have something to contribute to the forum, then post it, if not, please stop trying to belittle others.

In other words, put up or shut up.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#368985 Jun 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
While the offer of salvation is freely given to everyone, it requires the one wanting salvation to accept the gift, and not everyone is willing to do so.
~~~

We also have to keep in mind...THAT

WHEN WE PRESENT THE GOSPEL..OF JESUS CHRIST..

It must be presented in love...

and we must Always remember

Unless the Holy Spirit give a revelation to them of their need of Christ and brings conviction to them ....THE HEAVENLY FATHER draws that individual unto Himself.

We can preach unto them til dooms day and it will be of non effect.

Jesus said,

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

WHEN ONCE WE HAVE PRESENTED THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD..(and it must be truth)..

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We STEP BACK OUT OF GOD'S WAY.. and let God take it from there.

___

Continuing to Harass the person and calling them names is ludicrousness

THE HOLY GHOST IS THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, AND IF HE DON'T CONVICT A MAN OF HIS SINS...AND THAT PERSON COMES JUST BECAUSE YOU ASK HIM TO ...WITH OUT THE HOLY SPIRITS PROMPTINGS...

It would be nothing more than baptizing a baby...as the Roman Catholics do ...and them deceiving that person by telling them later on that they were saved. when they were baptized.

-->Which would have been ...not by that person's will ...but by the will of the flesh...his parents and the priest..

The Bible says

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood,

-->nor of the will of the flesh,

-->nor of the will of man,

but of God.
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#368986 Jun 27, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermie, look in the Catechism. Don't go by what they say here.
Let H.M search the Bible for the answers he seeks Regina.
the catechism is just a religious book like many others of people thoughts, on what the Bible truly says
Proverbs 4:Security in Wisdom

4 Hear, my children, the instruction of a father,
And give attention to know understanding;
2 For I give you good doctrine:
Do not forsake my law.
3 When I was my father’s son,
Tender and the only one in the sight of my mother,
4 He also taught me, and said to me:
“Let your heart retain my words;
Keep my commands, and live.
5 Get wisdom! Get understanding!
Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
6 Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you;
Love her, and she will keep you.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing;
Therefore get wisdom.
And in all your getting, get understanding.
8 Exalt her, and she will promote you;
She will bring you honor, when you embrace her.
9 She will place on your head an ornament of grace;
A crown of glory she will deliver to you.”

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
8 It will be health to your flesh,[b]
And strength[c] to your bones.

Albuquerque, NM

#368987 Jun 27, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
HERME... DID NOT COME HERE AS A HOSTILE PERSON..
THE ATMOSPHERE HERE, is not conducive to peace.
Tho we disagree on certain subjects...
I respect him and will continue to do so.
If this is Herme, it appears he has changed his posting style in a very dramatic way - towards the wrong direction, and seems to have become "hostile" in his replies.

Hmmmmmm.....Herme? Care to place your input?

Either way - this is really no relevance, unless you think the posts have something to do with the forum?

It really doesn't.

Albuquerque, NM

#368988 Jun 27, 2012
No Dialogue-o por Diablo wrote:
<quoted text>Huh??? Quit making me laugh. You are absolutely babbling.The definition of Apostle suddenly becomes Catholic required doctrine suddenly becomes heresy......You guys , when you are not just clearly baiting like an idiot savant with that one talent cant string an argument together wiith your hop skotch cognitive patterns. Please keep it up.You are falling apart like a ten cent watch.Able to describe what your religion is yet?
....And is that why you attack me directly, instead of posting a rebuttal to what I've said or something pertinent to the forum.

"No Dialogue" is a perfect avatar for you - has your recent posts have had no bearing on the forum.

Albuquerque, NM

#368989 Jun 27, 2012
<quoted text>
BL...God has a plan, and you have never met a more merciful judge.
Neither have you, yet you preach as though you have met this judgment.

Please stop misleading people into something you know nothing about, except that whcih men have given you to "memorize".

Odd thing about this "memorization" - the "Tibet Book of the Dead" also promotes the deceased to ponder and meditate upon the Buddha, to move the deceased into the "enlightenment".
<quoted text>
He knows exactly the pain you have known...and exactly what is in your heart. I don't know that, so I cannot tell you what He will determine.
Ah-ha - you can tell him all kinds of tales about heaven, but nothing is known about his heart?

And you know this by how - being dead?

Why do you continue to be dishonest with yourself and others?
<quoted text>
However, Jesus endured much suffering for all of us. THEN He went into hell and preached the gospel to those who died in Noah's flood. "He is not willing that ANY should perish." Additionally, in the final judgement when the last resurrection occurs, those people will be judged by their works.(Rev. 20)
So the story has been told.....
<quoted text>
He has you covered. I pray that you can see that He loves you, and just accept that His redemptive act was for YOU, too. Then whenever you die, you can know that He will be there with you.
Peace to you...
KayMarie
"He" has everyone convered, it does not depend upon an affiliation to an organization.

When one can realize this, that is when they have found the "kingdom of God".
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#368990 Jun 27, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
And the lies keep coming, Anthony.
A new day, the same old lies from their filthy mouths.
They have no fear of God.
Ox and Old are sexually frustrated dirty little Southern baptist creeps. After last night, I think the sincere protestants, Catholics and Orthodox can see them as they really are, phony "christians" just giving lip service. I've known it for a long time watching their behaviour on the other board, and it was just a matter of time before they dragged their filth here. It'd be nice if their protestant brothers and sisters would take them to task, but I don't think that will ever happen.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#368991 Jun 27, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Mary Is the Co-Redeemer? Really?
Perhaps most blasphemous of all of Rome’s many errors concerning Mary is this one. Rome teaches that Mary redeemed mankind along with her Son.
Pope Benedict XV said:
With her suffering and dying Son she suffered and almost died, so did she surrender her mother’s rights over her Son for the salvation of human
beings, and to appease the justice of God, so far as pertained to her, she immolated her Son, so that it can be rightly said, that she together with
Christ has redeemed the human race. This Pope said that Mary,“together with Christ has redeemed the human race.”
Pope Leo XIII said:
By the fullness of grace which confers on her the most illustrious of her many titles, the Blessed Virgin is infinitely superior to all the hierarchies of men and angels, the one creature who is closest of all to Christ.“It is a
great thing in any saint to have grace sufficient for the salvation of many souls; but to have enough to suffice for the salvation of everybody in the world. is the greatest of all; and this is found in Christ and in the Blessed Virgin.”
Mary not only had enough grace to merit her own salvation, but she also had enough grace to merit the salvation of the whole of humankind!
Sorry pal, but you and your buddy Ox have lost all credibility on this board. You may have your faith community fooled, but it's all over here.

#368992 Jun 27, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is Herme, it appears he has changed his posting style in a very dramatic way - towards the wrong direction, and seems to have become "hostile" in his replies.
Hmmmmmm.....Herme? Care to place your input?
Either way - this is really no relevance, unless you think the posts have something to do with the forum?
It really doesn't.
~~~

Personally what you say is irrelevant...to me

and inconsequential...

You write here often and spend opinions...

You claim to be a New age Spiritual leader

You are neither New age, nor are you a Spiritual leader.

The Bible says

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and

there is no new thing under the sun.

Ecc 1:10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said,

See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
Clay

Denver, CO

#368993 Jun 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing this, Clay. All of us who are Christian need to be more positive with each other. But don't think that all Protestants are 'enemies'. Most want to share the TRUTH, and the real enemy works overtime to make us suspicious of each other...as well as blind to our own faults. The real problem is when we start name-calling or saying unkind things.
We might be overly aggressive or condemning when we attempt to report what we see as 'fault' in each other. Or we might refuse to see a truth just because it comes from someone that we don't trust. You know already that Catholics and Protestants are generally critical of each other. I'm appalled by the "40,001" versions of Protestantism.(There really is not that much difference. The biggest one is that the nominal groups accept homosexuality, etc., and these are hateful things to Pentecostals and Baptists.)
I have some argument with the RCC...like the practice of requiring nuns and priests to live 'celibate'...a practice that Jesus said was only for a few who are called, or by some accident are made that way. Catholics tell me that they are not REQUIRED to make that pledge...they do it willingly. But if they do not make that promise, they will not be accepted in the ministry.
But I see no point of disagreeing with PEOPLE...just wish more of them would stand up and demand a correction at the source.
Hard times are ahead for Christians, and we MUST be more thoughtful of each other. Even if this were not so, Jesus said that we were to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. I can love people no matter what they believe...but I WANT them to know the TRUTH.
KayMarie
That was a very nice post. Im glad you're ok and back on this forum. I hope all is well.

Believe me Kay, i totally understand how people on the outside view the Catholic and Orthodox Churches. I put Orthodox in there because Our Mass celebrations are very similar in attire, prayers, songs, incense and of course, the Eucharist. So to look at this from the outside would seem very strange. But also understand that this tradition is very ancient. It pre dates every country on this planet.
Also, if Priestly celibacy might be too much for a candidate, he can become a deacon. These men performs many of the same duties as a Priest and can be married.
The Priests I've talked too would not have it any other way then to be celibate.

#368994 Jun 27, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is, and you should rebuke the person who said it. I only copied and pasted it here.
But you never do rebuke those people. I wonder why?
~~~

The reason that Kaymarie and I have not rebuked the one that wrote

the filth that you cited is

We have not been reading all the post here..

Sunday ..She came home from the hospital

Monday we rested

Tuesday ..Blood work

Today we are home but busy with phone calls etc.

catching up on business...

so don't get upset with us...

You do not hear such filth from either of us...

The truth is we do not even know who you are posting about.

but whom ever it is needs to apologize and repent.

To me it is an outward manifestation of an inward need of

what Jesus calls sanctification,... heart cleansing

blacklagoon

Waverley, MA

#368995 Jun 27, 2012
<quoted text>Blacklagoon. Sometimes I think, I want everyone to go to heaven.My Savior is love. He will save everyone.And although I am taught that I am not the arbiter of who may or may not go to heaven, I must accept the Truth. Not everyone is saved.hard Truth. You must acceot Christ as your savior if you have been told about Him. Now if you never had the opportunity, that's different. I know this sounds callous to you. I know that this makes you doubt, But this is how we are taught and is the Truth in our faith.You sound like a very good person.Probably a better person than many many Christians. But this honestly is what our faith says. We cannot candy coat it.
But thats NOT what I asked. What happens to me right this instant should I die?
blacklagoon

Waverley, MA

#368996 Jun 27, 2012
<quoted text>
BL...God has a plan, and you have never met a more merciful judge. He knows exactly the pain you have known...and exactly what is in your heart. I don't know that, so I cannot tell you what He will determine.
However, Jesus endured much suffering for all of us. THEN He went into hell and preached the gospel to those who died in Noah's flood. "He is not willing that ANY should perish." Additionally, in the final judgement when the last resurrection occurs, those people will be judged by their works.(Rev. 20)
He has you covered. I pray that you can see that He loves you, and just accept that His redemptive act was for YOU, too. Then whenever you die, you can know that He will be there with you.
Peace to you...
KayMarie
I don't believe in God, I completely reject the idea that any such being exists. period. Now, I'll ask again, should I die at this moment, what happens to me?
ReginaM

Little Falls, NJ

#368997 Jun 27, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
The reason that Kaymarie and I have not rebuked the one that wrote
the filth that you cited is
We have not been reading all the post here..
Sunday ..She came home from the hospital
Monday we rested
Tuesday ..Blood work
Today we are home but busy with phone calls etc.
catching up on business...
so don't get upset with us...
You do not hear such filth from either of us...
The truth is we do not even know who you are posting about.
but whom ever it is needs to apologize and repent.
To me it is an outward manifestation of an inward need of
what Jesus calls sanctification,... heart cleansing
Thank you for replying, GIF. I may have misunderstood her, but I thought she was saying that it was I who wrote those words. I'm sure you can understand why I would want that cleared up. The author's name is on the top of the post I copied and pasted.

I know KayMarie's health isn't good, so I do understand. It sounds like she's getting excellent medical care though. The doctors in my area are awful, so do be thankful. It's frightening to know you're not getting proper medical care but are too ill to do anything about it.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#368998 Jun 27, 2012
<quoted text>She is. She is vacuuming right now. LOL
OK, I always figured God is a woman too (creator of heaven and hell).

If so, with tudes like that, we are in like flint.

#368999 Jun 27, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither have you, yet you preach as though you have met this judgment.
Please stop misleading people into something you know nothing about, except that whcih men have given you to "memorize".
Odd thing about this "memorization" - the "Tibet Book of the Dead" also promotes the deceased to ponder and meditate upon the Buddha, to move the deceased into the "enlightenment".
<quoted text>
Ah-ha - you can tell him all kinds of tales about heaven, but nothing is known about his heart?
And you know this by how - being dead?
Why do you continue to be dishonest with yourself and others?
<quoted text>
So the story has been told.....
<quoted text>
"He" has everyone convered, it does not depend upon an affiliation to an organization.
When one can realize this, that is when they have found the "kingdom of God".

Sweetie, you read too many tea leaves. Who is this 'he' that you say has everyone covered? Did he welcome Hitler and other murderers into his 'home'?(Hitler IS one of the everyone's...right?) I wouldn't want to be in that crowd...all of them wicked.

I DON'T know this man's heart...and neither do you. I believe that he is a man who is honestly searching for truth. I DO know much about heaven...AND about Jesus. He has made Himself known to us in many ways. "The heaven's declare His glory." I saw a bit of heaven while dying during a bout with rheumatic fever...but a praying doctor and family reached out to me.

My main reason for faith is that all that I have tried from God's Word has proven true. He said, "Come unto Me, all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." I came...and found rest. It says: "By His stripes you are healed." I was healed INSTANTLY when my hip and pelvis were fractured. Over and over I find His Word to be trustworthy.

So what can Buddha (a stone statue) do for you???

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Pinkwater 110,147
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Devil number 666 982,282
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 15 min Ancestry manager 6,221
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jolly Roger 286,304
News Hawaiians to Attorney General Sessions: We're n... 1 hr Trump s Birtherex... 10
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr True Gods Child 46,191
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,082
More from around the web