Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685932 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

preston

Van Wert, OH

#367628 Jun 24, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this was to Orville,but I just want you to know I pray that the news wasn't too bad.
I do care about your health Preston.I wish no ill will towards you.
God bless you.
thank you. and this offer is extended to you also, and others.

it looks like I have another 8 months or more of pain, different than what I have with my back.

if you still have my email addy, I could tell you more than I want to share on here

United States

#367629 Jun 24, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Was I talking to you??NOPE...I cant hear you,I cant see you.Go away pest.I refuse to dialogue with negative people.I am here now only for my Catholic friends.No one else.I will no longer be baited by those that only want to argue.I refuse to be drawn in.You wont see Hermi here any more for he also believes that there is so much negativity here that it is sickening.It is like a gerbil on wheel,you so call born agains claim to be christains but cant wait to sink you fangs into Catholic/Orthodox..Most here,do not want to get along and learn from each other.I am sick of it.You want to believe that our Holy Mother is dead and cant here my prayers so be it.BUT if I choose to believe It is what I want and no one elses bussiness.As Christains,we should all be working together for the good of man kind.Now go away and leave me in peace.
It is amazing how you label those who argue with you as "pests" ... and yet can dismiss an entire political system that allows PEDOPHILES to rape little children!

and then you say as Christians we should all be working together ...

I suppose to protect themselves Catholics must have the ability to compartmentalize everything.

Cousin Vinnie is Catholic -- therefore -- murdering for the 'mob" is excusable ...

Constantine Conquered for the "Cross" -- therefore -- waiting 'til his deathbed to be baptized is acceptable ...

The Church is the "ONE True" Church -- therefore -- the Inquisition is not a "big deal" ...

The Priest is "good" -- therefore -- he could not POSSIBLY rape a child ...

The Church is the "ONE True" Church -- therefore -- protecting the Church above protecting the Children is more important

The Church is the "ONE True" Church -- therefore -- no matter the sin ... it is STILL pure in God's Eyes .....

... NOT!
truth

Scarborough, Australia

#367631 Jun 24, 2012
Set up on satanic wicket demonic way then call pets.
really manipulators

Christ words is perfect..they do to you as they set up and judge Jesus Christ.
blacklagoon

Waverley, MA

#367632 Jun 24, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>NOOOOOOOOOOO Spare the poor animal and sacrifice a criminal!!!!
Good idea, how about a Catholic Priest?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#367633 Jun 24, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
<quoted text>
according to Wikipedia:
<quoted text>
The world is too populated as it is, and we need to think about how it can sustain further population explosion and still feed all the starving children. Dr. Hahn is NOT thinking. Period.
It is amazing how just "one" idea can play on a man's mind and usurp all the *other* major principles and grow big enough to cloud his judgement.
I suppose the presence of pedophile priests is less important that "contraception".
I wonder if he will change back once a priest rapes one of his children?
Good question, guest.
The very fact that he defected to romanism indicates his misleading and being led BY Satan, the Roman Catholic 'master'.
I certainly hope none of his children are raped by one of those pedophile scum... but what he would do about is IS indeed an excellent question... would he do something about it, or hide it?
You raise some highly interesting points of discussion, guest, and I'm glad you're here!

Location hidden

#367634 Jun 24, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
That being the case, you should not post stupid idiotic statements on a public forum you feel will go unchallenged. Theotokos my behind. Mary is dead as dead can be. She was not assumed into heaven. She was not sinless. She was not ever virgin. She is not a co-Redeemer. She is not a co-Mediatrix. She is not the mother of God and she is not the mother of the church. However, she was the mother of Jesus and the mother of other children. After all the Bible tells us Joseph "knew" her.
Yes, Orville. TRUE.
And Joseph 'knew her not till after the birth of Jesus'... so it is very obvious that Mary had normal marital relations with her husband Joseph after He was born, producing further offspring.
Jesus' brothers and sisters are also clearly named in the bible God gave us. Therefore, all those false claims are Biblically proven incorrect.
Too bad the romanists cannot see... but it seems to me that God (the REAL HOLY FATHER) has indeed blinded them to His truths for their open rebellion against Him.
Good to see you here again this morning, Orville, and I hope you have a great day.

Location hidden

#367635 Jun 24, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Touché, Orville!
Highly interesting point to note:

the site Regina cited ...
http://www.wordofhisgrace.org/marychildren.ht ...

the "Protestant one that makes the same claims" -- comes back 404 --- NOT FOUND.

Yet, the romanist site comes in... coincidence? Or just another lie by madam Regina?

Location hidden

#367636 Jun 24, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
spare the "criminal" and sacrifice a PEDOPHILE!
RIGHT ON!!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#367637 Jun 24, 2012
Complete Confidence in the Lord

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
There must be complete confidence in the Lord to take care of us because this complete confidence will lead to constant compliance. Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us we are to trust with all our heart (not just part of it), and we’re to acknowledge Him in all our ways (not just some of our ways).

God won’t take part of it. You can’t say,“Lord, I want Your will in my social life, but I don’t want Your will in my business life.” Or,“I want Your will in my church life, but I don’t want Your will in my relationships.” You just can’t do that. If He’s worth part of it He’s worth all of it.

ACTION POINT:
What are you holding onto today? Give it all to Jesus. Instant obedience will bring incredible blessing.

Location hidden

#367638 Jun 24, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
<quoted text>
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Geoghan
John Geoghan raped more than 130 children. The Catholic Infrastructure protected him for YEARS while he did it again and again and again!
You would be hard pressed to find a Baptist Minister that got away with 130 victims before he got caught! Parents of Baptist children do not have the same "reverence" for their pastors as the Roman Catholic parents have reverence for their priests. Baptist Ministers NEVER call themselves "Christ Among Us"!... they are just ministers and don't pretend to be stand-ins for Christ.
There!
... aaaand Geoghan's 130 victims ... is just the tip of the proverbial Catholic iceberg! There are many priests who have racked up 100 victims each.
How many Baptist Ministers can lay claim to 130 victims?
Right again.
Baptist congregants DO question pastors if they feel any teaching is out of line, and certainly, they would pounce if their children were sexually abused by one.

Location hidden

#367639 Jun 24, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary cannot hear your prayers. Try again, this time pray to the Father in the name of the Son. Mary is dead and gone. Long gone and long dead.
Right on. Too bad the romanist cult would not SEE that!
Amazing -- they imagine Mary is capable of hearing their prayers... knowing she is dead, but refusing to admit it;
yet they claim 'they know Jesus defeated death', but they try in vain to keep Him on the cross, and imagine they can re-sacrifice Him day after day at the priests' command!

Location hidden

#367640 Jun 24, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a professional liar with absolutely no credibility. For the life of me I don't know why anyone speaks to you. Must be boredom.
The only reason I post to her is to prove what a liar she really is.
If she thinks I don't check into all these sites she cites, madam needs to think again! I've proven too many times that her 'sites' are imaginary ones.

Location hidden

#367641 Jun 24, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid to click on the link, lol?
Slither back from whence you came.
I suggest you take your own admonishment, madam. Too many of the URL's you cite DON'T WORK.
Obviously, you imagine people will simply see a URL, then accept it as 'fact'... I DON'T.

Location hidden

#367642 Jun 24, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
You of all individuals should be the LAST to post the above verse.... you're as haughty and arrogant as anyone can get.

Location hidden

#367643 Jun 24, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Awesome post, Orville.
Clay,*if* you read the Bible, you will find that you cannot agree with the RCC's interpretations - it is impossible!
Start with Matthew 23:9 "call no man your father" ...
That's the verse that changed my mind about the Catholic Church.
Right, guest. Obviously, Clay has NOT read the Bible he so adamantly claims 'the romanist cult GAVE us'!!!

Location hidden

#367644 Jun 24, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You did your job and warned them.
Right you are, Marge -- if they refuse to listen, it becomes their problem. How'd your shopping go yesterday?

Location hidden

#367645 Jun 24, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in this post do you see me saying anything about lip service???
faith" nor "faith alone" is not in the Scripture I quoted. You are quacking...because you can't face the truth...
Ac 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
From your words, this does not apply to Catholics...right????
"Faithful Catholics believe and profess per the above verses."...Then you changed your mind...you got it right...for once!!!!!
You got again your foot in your mouth and you are trying to save face...pathetic!!!!!!!
Yup -- looks like Tony has BOTH feet in his mush now!:)
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#367646 Jun 24, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
spare the "criminal" and sacrifice a PEDOPHILE!
Sacrifice a pedophile AND! anyone who covered up the sinful felony crimes of a pedophile.

Location hidden

#367647 Jun 24, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I would ask to bear with me for a moment. I'm what you might call a realist, I deal with events and things that take place in the naturalistic realm. So when you say "God incarnate" as a human, I need some explanation. You're saying a "spirit thing" a "force" something outside the laws of nature, somehow became a physical being. Do you know how this could have happened, or do you just believe it on faith? The same holds true for triune, exactly how do three entities become one, operate as one, are one but somehow separate? Try and view this through the lens of a non-believer, try and understand exactly why an explanation for such things screams for information. For us, it sounds no different from magic. Thanks
I cannot prove the Trinity, but to me, the Bible speaks strongly of it.
The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit... and yes, I do go by faith.
I have never found it necessary to find the origin of the teaching of the Trinity.
But the Bible does clearly tell us that when Jesus was being carried in Mary's womb, He was the Son of God, the Father... Jesus walked on Earth as a man. Before He died on the cross, He promised to send another helper,'The Comforter', which is the Holy Spirit.
Perhaps the chief reason for this is that the Trinity is a-logical, or beyond logic. It, therefore, cannot be made subject to human reason or logic. Because of this, opponents of the doctrine argue that the idea of the Trinity must be rejected as untenable. Such thinking, however, makes man’s corrupted human reason the sole criterion for determining the truth of divine revelation.
While the term Trinity is never specifically used nor the doctrine explicitly explained in Scripture, it is nevertheless implicitly stated, based on a careful study of Scripture.
Webster’s dictionary gives the following definition of trinity:“The union of three divine persons (or hypostases), the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in one divinity, so that all the three are one God as to substance, but three Persons (or hypostases as to individuality).” Synonyms sometimes used are triunity, trine, triality. The term “trinity” is formed from “tri,” three, and “nity,” unity. Triunity is a better term than “trinity” because it better expresses the idea of three in one. God is three in one. Hypostases is the plural of hypostasis which means “the substance, the underlying reality, or essence.”
The doctrine of the trinity states that there is one God who is one in essence or substance, but three in personality. This does not mean three independent Gods existing as one, but three Persons who are co-equal, co-eternal, inseparable, interdependent, and eternally united in one absolute Divine Essence and Being.

I hope this helps.

Location hidden

#367648 Jun 24, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going right out and SACRIFICE A GOAT!!!!!
Now now, be nice! Leave poor little goatie alone!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 20 min Alt right scm watch 27,021
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 57 min Tony 6,455
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 985,753
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 6 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 6 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 7 hr juliakk 9
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 8 hr Wake Up 2
More from around the web