Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 636980 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#366655 Jun 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know my own catechism.....hmmm..ok, show me in my catechism where we "keep on crucifying Christ over and over in the Mass".
Holy Communion: Our Life in Christ:

The Sacrament of Holy Communion is the third of the Sacraments of Initiation. Even though we are required to receive Communion at least once per year (our Easter Duty), and the Church urges us to receive Communion frequently (even daily, if possible), it is called a sacrament of initiation because, like Baptism and Confirmation, it brings us into the fullness of our life in Christ.

In Holy Communion, we are eating the True Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, without which "you shall not have life in you" (John 6:53).
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#366656 Jun 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible never says we are saved/justified by faith alone. That is a man-made protestant doctrine.
Wrong:
Rom 3:24-25 “being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed.”

Rom 5:1:“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ”

Rom 5:9:“Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.”

Our justification is by faith in the work of the Son of God on the cross, his shed blood and death for forgiveness of our sins.
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#366657 Jun 20, 2012
Sanctification-is a continual process that conforms us into the image of the Son of God (1 Cor. 6:11 it first begins, with our justification Romans 8:29). Col. 3:10:“put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him.”

1 Cor. 1:2:“To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours”

Heb. 10:10:“we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”

II Thess. 2:13:“because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.”1 Peter 1:2 “elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ”
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#366658 Jun 20, 2012
Glorification- The completion of our Christian life on earth, at the end of the sanctification process and occurs when we get to Heaven, either by means of death, rapture, or resurrection. We are in an eternal state, permanently righteous in our nature. 1 Cor. 15:49:“And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.”

Phil. 3:21 “who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body”

Phil. 1:6 “being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”

The completion is to be glorified, which is the end result of our salvation- it is future glory of the believer.

We still have to be united with our body to be glorified.
marge

Ames, IA

#366659 Jun 20, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Again, why is the Catholic position on Mary wrong?
Remember, we aren't fools, we can plainly see, you have to manipulate the Bible to arrive at your man made theology.
Mary was ever virgin. This is the position from the Church that authoritatively decided on the texts of the Bible that you now hijacked.
This is the position shared by all known Protestants until a couple hundred yrs ago, when the born again cults rabidly took off with an entirely foreign Christianity- not heard of the previous 1,800 yrs.
oh, but your 'just a Christia' huh?
The Bible clearly reads that Mary had other children, sorry Clay you can never change what is Written.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#366660 Jun 20, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on there, pope justachristian, i asked you to state why the Catholic position on Mary is wrong.
You can't. Unless you:
1. Add a word like 'cousin' that didn't exist back then.
2. Claim the bible is the literal word for word translation from God- to be translated in 21st century language and culture, to dictate what the 1st century Christians SHOULD have understood about the faith they were given by the Apostles.
Man o man. You are spreading a Christianity that is foreign to all. You got some explaining to do.
Wrong:
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. For with God nothing shall be impossible." (Luke 1:34-37 )
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#366661 Jun 20, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I probably shouldn't say what i do on here but i can say it's an outdoor job and i love it and thank God for it.
Glad your enjoying your family Ltm, I'm soon to have all three married but no grandkids yet but all the grown kids are over all the time and they all still act like kids, lol, all in God's time.
Yes Ltm God is good all the time with so many blessings, I love you too sis.
Yeah maybe you shouldn't say what your job is on here. LOL
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#366662 Jun 20, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
[we love God with reverential fear, we will obey God and We will stop sinning]
LOVE and FEAR do not belong in the same sentence.
LOVE---An intense feeling of deep affection, A deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone.
FEAR----An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain.
You're using religious "buzz words" that sound nice, but when we really examine the meanings we can see how utterly foolish they really are.
Sin, is strictly a religious concept, rules that apply only to those in your special "club." Those of us NOT in your special "Club" have no problem with most of what you call "sin." Some of the things you consider sinning, means a good time for the rest of us. Why would I even consider giving up my "good times" just because you delusional Christians think they are sins? Your rules....you follow them. LOL
How many times does Jesus say fear not in the Bible .
Fear is believing the devils lies.
According to the movie "Facing the Giants" it is somewhere close to 365 times
== Answer ==
I'd heard 366, so God didn't forget leap years either. I've seen it claimed to be 365 on several sites but with no proof. Looks like just over 100 in reality. Tried using bible gateway to lookup in NAB version.
"Do not be afraid"
Genesis 43:23
Genesis 46:3
Genesis 50:19
Genesis 50:21
Exodus 20:20
Deuteronomy 20:1
Deuteronomy 20:3
Deuteronomy 31:6
Joshua 11:6
Judges 4:18
1 Samuel 4:20
1 Samuel 22:23
1 Samuel 23:17
1 Samuel 28:13
2 Kings 1:15
2 Kings 19:6
2 Kings 25:24
Nehemiah 2:2
Psalm 49:16
Proverbs 3:25
Isaiah 37:6
Isaiah 44:8
Jeremiah 1:8
Jeremiah 40:9
Jeremiah 42:11 (2 times)
Ezekiel 3:9
Daniel 10:12
Daniel 10:19
Zephaniah 3:16
Matthew 1:20
Matthew 14:27
Matthew 17:7
Matthew 28:5
Matthew 28:10
Mark 5:36
Mark 6:50
Luke 1:13
Luke 1:30
Luke 2:10
Luke 8:50
Luke 12:4
Luke 12:32
John 6:20
Acts 18:9
Acts 27:24
Revelation 1:17

"Do not fear"
Genesis 15:1
Genesis 21:17
Genesis 26:24
Genesis 35:17
Exodus 14:13
Numbers 14:9
Numbers 21:34
Deuteronomy 1:21
Deuteronomy 1:29
Deuteronomy 3:2
Deuteronomy 3:22
Deuteronomy 31:8
Joshua 8:1
Joshua 10:8
Joshua 10:25
Judges 6:10 (You shall not fear the gods of the Amorites...)
Judges 6:23
Judges 3:11
1 Samuel 12:20
2 Samuel 9:7
2 Samuel 13:28
1 Kings 17:13
2 Kings 6:16
2 Kings 17:35 (You shall not fear other gods, nor bow...)
2 Kings 17:37
2 Kings 17:38
1 Chronicles 22:13
1 Chronicles 28:200
2 Chronicles 20:15
2 Chronicles 20:17
2 Chronicles 32:7
Nehemiah 4:14 (Do not be afraid...)
Job 21:9 (Their houses are safe from fear..)
Psalm 64:4
Psalm 78:53 (He led them to safety so they did not fear)
Isaiah 7:4
Isaiah 10:24
Isaiah 35:4
Isaiah 40:9
Isaiah 41:10
Isaiah 41:13
Isaiah 41:14
Isaiah 43:1
Isaiah 43:5
Isaiah 42:2
Isaiah 51:7
Isaiah 54:4
Isaiah 54:14??(you will be far from oppression, for you will not fear..)
Jeremiah 10:5
Jeremiah 30:10
Jeremiah 46:27
Jeremiah 46:28
Lamentations 3:57
Joel 2:21
Joel 2:22
Haggai 2;5
Zechariah 8:13
Zechariah 8:15
Matthew 10:26
Matthew 10:28
Matthew 10:31
Luke 5:10
Luke 12:7
John 12:15
John 14:27 (Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful)
1 Peter 3:14 (Do not fear their intimidation, and do not be troubled,
Revelation 2:10

(troubled)
John 14:1 (Do not let your heart be troubled...)
Acts 20:10

It also says:
Mark 4:40 "...Why are ye fearful? Have ye no faith?"
Matthew 8:26 "...Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?..."
Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and ...(ext.)... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

The bible says that we should not fear many times without using the words "do not be afraid" or do not fear. This makes the number a lot closer to the 365. Although what the exact number is, I do not know.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#366663 Jun 20, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible clearly reads that Mary had other children, sorry Clay you can never change what is Written.
"Are these not the bretheren of Jesus, the SONS of Mary"

It was centuries before the catholic fathers (themselves) decided Mary was an ever virgin.

Catholics don't care what the bible says, they make up the rules as they go.
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#366664 Jun 20, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
Thank You LTM. I am "OK". i feel blessed to be able to carry on daily task.(My caps button is shorting out). I sorely miss not working. thats the hard part.
When Holy Spirit has ordained my passing that is when I leave here. Untill then, I 'carry-on".
~~~
BLESSINGS TO YOU ORVILLE...
While I know that.
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
I also know that God has provided healing for us through salvation..
Act_4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
SALVATION DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE VERSE...
G4991
&#963;&#969;&#964; &#951;&#961;&#953; &#769;&#945;
so&#772;te&#772;ria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally):- deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.
~~~
Gen_49:18 I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD.
SALVATION DEFINED IN HEBREW AS USED IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE..
H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
--> PLEASE NOTE THAT YESHU'AH IS THE SAME WORD THAT DESCRIBES JESUS.<---
~~~
TOMORROW MY WIFE WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT PACEMAKER PLACED IN HER CHEST THAT WILL HAVE ABSOLUTE CONTROL OF THE LOWER PART OF HER HEART...
THE TOP OF HER HEART, IS NOT IN RY-THEM WITH THE LOWER PART AND IT IS CAUSING (A FIB)
WHILE THE TOP VALVE IS WORKING AS IT SHOULD
THE MITRAL VALVE IN THE LOWER PART (AT TIMES) JUST TREMBLES INSTEAD OF PUMPING AS IT SHOULD.
I WOULD APPRECIATE THE PRAYERS OF THOSE THAT KNOW THE WORTH OF PRAYER FOR MY HER...
WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.
THANKS
AND GOOD NIGHT
blessings
GIF
I missed this post , I am sorry GIF.
My prayers are with you and your dear wife.
I know Her faith is very strong as is yours.
We serve an awesome God. God Bless.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#366665 Jun 20, 2012
truth wrote:
Why you unhappy Micle?
Did I say you teach anyone?
no
i don't know what you teach..no no its your private life..
my oh i am as i am..maybe i will past horrible things as i always do..but i see=dream myself past 85 with gray hair!
When i see that i notice one man follow me..i turn over i say why you follow me with full of anger..who are you..oh i cry now..i see my son big person ..i did not recognize that..on first spot but God give me see..
by micle
Michael is very happy. You happy truth?

There are lots of people 35 with gray hair.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#366666 Jun 20, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse feathers...
"And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS."
Meaning she had children after the birth of Jesus.
Proof:
Jesus is the only begotton Son of God. Quote:He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
However, Mary did not have "the only begotten Son of God" she had her firstborn child. Quote: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
first·born First in order of birth; born first. To be born first means there were more than one birth.
Truth from Scripture that Catholics deny.
We don't deny scripture, we assert your ignorance of scripture and the meaning of the word "till".

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num27.htm

What does "till" mean according to the Bible? Check this out (loosly translated)--

Gen 8:7 -- the raven "did not return TILL the waters were dried up..." Question: Did the raven return? NO!

Deut 34:6 -- Moses died "and no one knows his grave TILL this day." Question: Have we found Moses' grave? NO!

2 Sam 6:23 -- Michal "had no children TILL the day of her death." Question: Did she have children after she died? NO!

1 Macc 5:54 -- "...not one of them was slain TILL they had returned in peace." Was Judas M and his troops killed when they returned? NO!

Luke 1:80 -- John the B "was in the deserts TILL the day of his manifestation to Israel." Did John the B stay in the desert? YES!(cf. Matt 3:1; Mark 1:3-4; Luke 3:2-4)

John 4:49 -- "Sir, come down BEFORE my child dies!" Did he die? NO!

Rom 8:22 -- "...the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together UNTIL now." Is it still groaning? YES! <groan> :)

1 Cor 15:25 -- "For He must reign TILL He has put all enemies under His feet." After all enemies are put away, will Christ be reigning? YES!

Eph 4:12-13 -- "...for the equipping...for the work of ministry.... for the edifying....TILL we all come to the unity of the faith...." Once we become unified, will equipping, ministry, and edification still be necessary? YES!

1 Tim 4:13 -- "TILL I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine." When Paul arrives, no more reading, no more exhorting, no more doctrine? NO!

1 Tim 6:14 -- "....that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless UNTIL our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing..." When Jesus comes back, we should disobey these commandments? NO!

Rev 2:25-26 -- "But hold fast what you have TILL I come. And he who overcomes and keeps My works UNTIL the end, to him I will give power..." Should we stop holding fast and stop obeying when Jesus returns? NO!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#366667 Jun 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Communion: Our Life in Christ:
The Sacrament of Holy Communion is the third of the Sacraments of Initiation. Even though we are required to receive Communion at least once per year (our Easter Duty), and the Church urges us to receive Communion frequently (even daily, if possible), it is called a sacrament of initiation because, like Baptism and Confirmation, it brings us into the fullness of our life in Christ.
In Holy Communion, we are eating the True Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, without which "you shall not have life in you" (John 6:53).
?

This doesn't answer my request. Show me where the Catholic Church teaches we are re-crucifying Jesus again and again.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#366668 Jun 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong:
Rom 3:24-25 “being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed.”
Rom 5:1:“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ”
Rom 5:9:“Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.”
Our justification is by faith in the work of the Son of God on the cross, his shed blood and death for forgiveness of our sins.
None of these verses say we are justified/saved by faith ALONE.

The bible never says we are saved/justified by faith alone. That is a man-made protestant doctrine.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#366669 Jun 20, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me book, chapter and verse that clearly says Mary had other children. Give me book, chapter and verse that clearly calls Mary the mother of anyone but Jesus. If you can't, you are changing what is written.

John Calvin, one of the founders of protestantism says people like you who assert Mary had other children are ignorant. Are you smarter or more knowledgeable of the bible than John Calvin? How 'bout Luther? How 'bout Zwingli?

Are you smarter than a fifth grader?
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

#366670 Jun 20, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse feathers...
"And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS."
Meaning she had children after the birth of Jesus.
Proof:
Jesus is the only begotton Son of God. Quote:He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
However, Mary did not have "the only begotten Son of God" she had her firstborn child. Quote: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
first·born First in order of birth; born first. To be born first means there were more than one birth.
Truth from Scripture that Catholics deny.
As difficult as it may be to debate with a so- called Christian who denies Jesus is God, i will say this:
the phrase 'first born' does not mean in anyway that Mary had another child. The term was used regardless of future children in Biblical times.
This is why every single Protestant reformer (Luther Calvin etc) did not change this teaching.
Only when you guys popped in a couple hundred yrs ago, and used modern English lingo, and completely reversed all earlier teachings on this, did we now have this new dogma on Mary.
like i said, you insult the Mother of Christ with your man made religion.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#366671 Jun 20, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
It was centuries before the catholic fathers (themselves) decided Mary was an ever virgin.
Catholics don't care what the bible says, they make up the rules as they go.

Book, chapter and verse please.

Idiot.
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#366672 Jun 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He says the Word of Gods says we are justified/saved by faith ALONE.
The bible DOES NOT say were are justified "apart" from works. The bible DOES NOT say we are "saved" by faith alone.
The bible DOES say we are justified by faith AND works. The bible DOES say we are saved by God's mercy through the "laver of regeneration and renovation of the Holy Ghost" which is baptism.
Why don't you read the Bible before you make these kind of conments Anthony. We are saved by the Grace of God through faith, not of works less any man should boost. Salvation is a gift you don't need to work for a gift nor do you have to pay for it.
We were saved for good works predestine by God. The good works do not save us. They are the fruit of being saved. This is the hallmark, foundational passage that we base our "sola fide" on. Salvation is by grace alone! We have nothing to boast in, not even our decision to receive Jesus and give our lives to Him. He sought us, we didn't seek Him. It is one-hundred percent grace. It is one-hundred percent gift. It is one-hundred percent the work of God wooing and calling us. "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not." (Romans 7:18-19)
This is simple to understand Anthony how are you missing the message so bad I don't understand. It is the Holy Spirit working in and through me, as the Holy Spirit leads I follow and do the will of the Father. "NOT MY WILL BUT YOUR WILL BE DONE."
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

#366673 Jun 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you read the Bible before you make these kind of conments Anthony. We are saved by the Grace of God through faith, not of works less any man should boost. Salvation is a gift you don't need to work for a gift nor do you have to pay for it.
We were saved for good works predestine by God. The good works do not save us. They are the fruit of being saved. This is the hallmark, foundational passage that we base our "sola fide" on. Salvation is by grace alone! We have nothing to boast in, not even our decision to receive Jesus and give our lives to Him. He sought us, we didn't seek Him. It is one-hundred percent grace. It is one-hundred percent gift. It is one-hundred percent the work of God wooing and calling us. "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not." (Romans 7:18-19)
This is simple to understand Anthony how are you missing the message so bad I don't understand. It is the Holy Spirit working in and through me, as the Holy Spirit leads I follow and do the will of the Father. "NOT MY WILL BUT YOUR WILL BE DONE."
Normally I would spell out the book of James for you, regarding 'faith alone'. You know the book of James? The one that Luther feverishly tried to remove from the bible?
Anyway, faith +works equals salvation. Protestants blatantly ignore this scriptural teaching.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#366675 Jun 20, 2012
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old parroting all over again ...
Yes!!! Parroting and repeating the same TRUTH over and over again to bible only "anti-catholic badgers" like you who have rejected the authenticated, proven, and verified TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 5 min Paul is dead 3,568
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min It aint necessari... 27,870
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 24 min rosalindm7o 363
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Peace_Warrior 618,131
Play "end of the word" part 2 36 min Aussie Kev 1,416
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min bad bob 181,889
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 57 min WasteWater 4,712
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr YOURMOTHERISINMYC... 968,649
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Highest Comandmen... 44,053
More from around the web