Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679389 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Fishers, IN

#360881 May 28, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its very disturbing watching you all explain away the teachings of the Apostles...as if our beloved Apostles went about the land handing out scripture verses, so all the people would interpret them alone. Sorry man, the faith was already revealed. The Apostles already clarified the teachings YOU now dispute and change. Understand? Christianity was not launched by Christ with mass confusion- only to have you Protesters clarify and establish a new brand of the faith. You're living in grave sin by knowingly preaching a different faith then what was already understood.
On a side note: Today is the Holy day of Pentecost. Happy Birthday Catholic Church (later called Roman Catholic, but none the less...it is the EXACT same Church started by the Apostles with Peter as the Rock)
Ambiguous statements we pass back and forth.But the truth Clay is that God the Father calls out who will follow Him,He challenges the believer with the truth of His Son and what the Son did to insure our salvation, and He fills that believer with the Holy Spirit.It seems that God is very N O T limited in the least by denominational divide,in which you and most Catholics are blindly promoting with your "My church knows best" philosophy."We are the real deal mentality." When your church has more than proven to the world that it is just one of the many members,and it has been quite an obstinate,stubborn,stiff-necke d, and boastful institution to say the least.

Many have fallen prey to those type of self-promoting aspects of RCism,and they have become steeped in being divisive toward the rest of the Body of Christ.It is a fact and no matter how you dice it,it all comes out the same,"WE WILL BE KING" or as the church is seen like a woman in Scripture:"WE WILL BE QUEEN",that is RC testimony and we all see it for what it is!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#360882 May 28, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the three persons in God? Did God the father, God the holy spirit, and God Jesus learn about this 'NEW' place called purgatory when Gregory established it in 593 AD?
More baloney!.......double baloney!
Christ never did learn about this new place. In Mt He is separating the sheep from the goats. Sheep go to Heaven...goats to hell...no one goes to purgatory...He has no idea it exists!!!!!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#360883 May 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an SDA right? You should hear what the protestants think of you guys....
Come on now Anthony, you are the first one on the block,tell him what you think of him f i r s t.
Clay

Denver, CO

#360884 May 28, 2012
LTM wrote:
Catholic statements
The Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, first published in 2005, is a summary in dialog form of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It deals with purgatory in the following exchange:[54]
210. What is purgatory?
Purgatory is the state of those who die in God’s friendship, assured of their eternal salvation, but who still have need of purification to enter into the happiness of heaven.
211. How can we help the souls being purified in purgatory?
Because of the communion of saints, the faithful who are still pilgrims on earth are able to help the souls in purgatory by offering prayers in suffrage for them, especially the Eucharistic sacrifice.{They also help them by almsgiving, indulgences, and works of penance.}
Wow that is a lot different then the teachings of Jesus Christ.
John 14
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Way, the Truth, and the Life
14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him,“Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him,“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
No purgatory in that scripture. no need to pay money, or works, the works is to believe that Jesus christ is Lord and He is able to save us from hells' fire His blood cleanses from "ALL SINS"
"No purgatory in that scripture"

So what? Because it is not found in the book of John it does not exist?

If your new brand of Christianity was guided by the Spirit of truth, you would understand that sin does not exist in Heaven.
Purgatory is entirely logical.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#360885 May 28, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:18-25
God’s Wrath on Unrighteousness
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
The place for PREACHING is in church or on the street corner standing on a soap box. Go find a soap box. This biblical quoting BS sounds exactly like "White Noise." LOL
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#360886 May 28, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Because the Bible and the New Testament especially is confirmation for what was said by Christ and the Apostles.Why should we just follow what men who also debated in their time did or said?You can ask that question you presented ,the whole history of the Church from the 1st century.WHY?
But we know Mr. Anthony that changed lives speaks louder than a hundred litanies to Saints,which seems to be more important to Catholics.You have said in the past that prots tend to aggrandize their ministers and evangelists,but we do not make images of them,put them on pedestals and parade them around,genuflecting before them and paying special homage to them every year.
"Why should we just follow what men who also debated in their time did or said?"

Dan, I suggest you spend some time familiarizing youself with the period encompassing the reformation years, you would be amazed at some of the stuff the reformers were doing to each other as they jockeyed for position.

And no, you don't make images of dead protestant ministers and parade them around. Why would you? I'm not aware that any of them have been canonized. But of course, you DO pay homage to them, in more ways than one....
Clay

Denver, CO

#360887 May 28, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ never did learn about this new place. In Mt He is separating the sheep from the goats. Sheep go to Heaven...goats to hell...no one goes to purgatory...He has no idea it exists!!!!!
Aren't you the 'christian' who believes Jesus is not God??
Why on Earth would I listen to what you have to say about scripture?

Location hidden

#360888 May 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Post number where I said Christ is the Holy Father-God. Thatnks.
You can do the leg work and find it..or..simply deny ever saying that "Christ is God"....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#360889 May 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I urge you to read each of the articles on this web page, especially the debate on the Doctrine of Mary. It will help you understand Catholic teaching, if, in fact, you really are sincere about faith and truth. Thanks.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/mary_qa.html...
All the site does is promote romanism and try to make a liar out of the one debating its false teachings.
Your cult calls Mary 'mediatress' as well as 'mediatrix'-- how ridiculous.
It also claims she intercedes for you, yet on the site, it claims romanism 'does not teach that'. Lies.. nothing BUT lies.

Location hidden

#360890 May 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an SDA right? You should hear what the protestants think of you guys....
It can't possibly be worse than what we KNOW of romanism.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#360891 May 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The "rituals" you denigrate are the commands of our Lord and Saviour. Oh how you have turned your back on Christ....
~~~

OH DEAR PARASITE....

If you believe for ONE MOMENT that Jesus Christ is party to the confusion of face that is currently taken place in your parasitical pagan religious PLACEBO, you need to think again.

___

1Co_14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

JESUS SAID...

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

==>for without me ye can do nothing.<==

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ENTWINED ITSELF AROUND THE TRUE CHURCH

AND ATTEMPTED TO SMOOTHER OUT THE TRUE VINE AND REPLACE IT WITH YOUR OWN vile ungodly IDENTITY...

BUT IN THE END YOUR PARASITICAL CHARADE WILL COLLAPSE AS IT IS ABSORBED BY THE ANTICHRIST, WHOM IT ALREADY IDENTIFIES WITH.

ALREADY THE DEATH THROES ARE EVIDENT from the corrupt LEADERSHIP in the Vatican that is polluting.... every nation in the earth.

ONLY BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS ARE SONS OF GOD...

ONLY SONS OF GOD... ARE JOINT HEIRS WITH JESUS CHRIST.

ONLY SONS OF GOD INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD...

===>All others will hear these words ...

Mat_7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:

==>depart from me, ye that work iniquity. <==

Location hidden

#360892 May 28, 2012
LTM wrote:
Catholic statements
The Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, first published in 2005, is a summary in dialog form of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It deals with purgatory in the following exchange:[54]
210. What is purgatory?
Purgatory is the state of those who die in God’s friendship, assured of their eternal salvation, but who still have need of purification to enter into the happiness of heaven.
Because of the communion of saints, the faithful who are still pilgrims on earth are able to help the souls in purgatory by offering prayers in suffrage for them, especially the Eucharistic sacrifice.{They also help them by almsgiving, indulgences, and works of penance.}
John 14
14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him,“Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him,“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
No purgatory in that scripture. no need to pay money, or works, the works is to believe that Jesus christ is Lord and He is able to save us from hells' fire His blood cleanses from "ALL SINS"
AMEN.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#360893 May 28, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
PAD--you go ahead and believe what you want!! I could care less!!
We as Catholics, Anthony, Star C, myself and others on this forum
ALL know that we possess the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His Historically and Biblically PROVEN, VERIFIED AND AUTHENTICATED One True Catholic Church. There is NOTHING to debate,NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to argue over!! Over 2000 years of the TRUTH has, is and will continue to exist from the Historical writings, teachings and documented sources from the Early Church Fathers, Apologists (both Catholic & Protestant) and the Lives of the Saints of the Church. My time is better spent at daily Mass, the Eucharist, the Gospel of Christ, the Sacraments, and Adoration Prayer Chapel praying for you, Confrinting, orville, 4GVN, michael, justachristian1, Jethro, New Age and the rest of you anti-catholics for your misguided, misdirected and contradicting minds, hearts and souls.
Prayer is good for the soul,mind,body and spirit,do it with fervor and zeal hojo.God can filter out what does not belong to Him,so pray heartily."The Joy of the LORD is our strength" that comes from knowing Him,so if you have that joy,praise the Lord.I do not begrudge you those great graces from the LORD,but I believe that you deny that to me and every Christian who is not Roman Catholic.I know the Lord is merciful and He looks upon the heart,not the ritual of practice,so when He declares to you that your church is not His true Bride,do not be dismayed,if you are born of His Spirit you are part of the true Church,that is not limited by the bureaucracy and political ambitions of the Roman Catholic Church.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#360894 May 28, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting that you should use Joan of Arc to bring out a n issue of sainthood by the RCC,and an enigma,to say the least.
Joan of Arc was a young girl when she heard the Voices to lead the French Army to victory,which lasted a total of 6 months give or take a few.She was 18-20 when she lead that army.France was a prosperous nation,better climate and a bigger population than England had.The British were quite presumptuous to think that France should be theirs for the taking.This happened in the 1400s.
Her torturers(the British upon her capture) wanted to know who her voices were,the Inquisitor was a Catholic clergyman,and subtle but relentless on discrediting her.Joan of Arc helped the French King to become powerful,and he forsook her,even allowing his enemies to capture her,but worse he had the opportunity to R A N S O M her,and he abandoned her.
Joan of Arc no doubt knew that those voices whom she kept from disclosing to the British,were either angels from the LORD,and even well known saints.But she protected their honor as it were,from the malicious intent of the British to break her strength as a woman of God,not the false accusations as such:she was a witch,lesbian,transvestite,sor cerer,mentally ill and so on.
The Catholic Church shows no honorable stance for this courageous and truly called woman by God.Did it ever occur to anyone that God wants to bring nations to Him as well as individuals?Well France was given that chance through this one precious young woman who suffered the ultimate test to prove she had truly heard from heaven.
History Michael does not bring out our perfections,but our greatest blunders as human beings,but God allows such to also bring about truth to encourage reconciliation with Him,who is far greater the ONE to improve our lot through history,and to this very day.
Joan of Arc is a saint in the Catholic Church. She was declared innocent and a martyr shortly after he death by the Church. She's one of the folks we pay "homage" to. Where can I find any protestant sects who honor her?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#360895 May 28, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my friend, I lost 41 friends in Viet Nam. Watched them die. Saw their bodies. Smelled the death. So, please spare me the lecture on death, Viet Nam and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
"blacklagoon", you have faith Jesus Christ DID NOT DO what the Bible said He has done. Yes, faith. For me, I have faith Jesus Christ DID DO what the Bible said He has done. We both have faith.
If what I believe about Jesus Christ is wrong it has cost me nothing. If what you believe about Jesus Christ is wrong it has cost you everything.
Have a great weekend "blacklagoon". OldJG
No lecture just fact. My friend death WAS a sacrifice, your Jesus's death, or monetary death, was a SCAM. Get over it!!!

Now you try to evoke the extremely flawed "pascals wager." If what you believe about Jesus Christ is wrong it costs you nothing? What if you are wrong and any of the thousands of other God is the TRUE GOD? What if you die and suddenly find yourself before Vishnu the hindu God, and suddenly realize that SHE is the one true God and you have been worshipping the worn God your entire life? So in the end if you are wrong, it will cost you everything, It will cost me NOTHING as in death I will be as before I was born. Poor you, lucky me!!!

Location hidden

#360896 May 28, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the 'christian' who believes Jesus is not God??
Why on Earth would I listen to what you have to say about scripture?
The SBC...the Catholic encyclopedia...the Bible...teach Christ is the eternal Son of God...so, why would I believe that Christ, the Son of God, is also God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, plus a man??????
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#360897 May 28, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Is it far greater to observe ritual,and to live in darkness not trusting or knowing the very Lord I supposedly fulfill ritual to,or rather to find out that He will turn my stony heart to a heart of flesh that follows after Him,than to try and appease Him with ritual?
Why do you insist obeying the Lord is some sort of empty ritual?
Michael

Caledonia, Canada

#360898 May 28, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael...can't you see by your own reasoning that men do some foolish things? Even you! You are trying to disprove a God that you cannot see, or hear. Do you think that HE is shaking with fear as you mock Him?
All of the foolish opinions of men will not hinder God's Plan, nor will they protect the fool in his day of judgment.(The FOOL has said in his heart, that there is no God.)
You'd best laugh now...you won't then...
KayMarie
If you, as a christian with YOUR set of values went over to post on the CATHOLIC ANSWERS FORUM they would blow you out of the water and claim you are disapproving the one true church created by God almighty himself, and stating your views they would say you are MOCKING their ONE TRUE CHURCH created by Jesus Christ.
see how this goes round and round. Non christians disagreeing with christians, christian BELIEFS disagreeing with OTHER christian beliefs.......
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#360899 May 28, 2012
LTM wrote:
Catholic statements
210. What is purgatory?
John 14
Are all of Jesus's teaching contained in John 14?
Michael

Caledonia, Canada

#360900 May 28, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with the fact that everyone favors their own opinion,not too many people in this world will tell you that they despise being what they are:politically,religiously and so on.Some may say I was once this or that,and I hated being so ,so I left and now I am this or that new to them thing,but they may get married and have children,and those children will become enamored to the new this or that,and go back to the old this or that,their parent left in the first place.
We are all in the Valley of decision in this life.The very fact you stay on this thread so long tells us that if all that we believe is just a figment of our imagination,than why are you so adamant to daily try to convince us that we are all wrong,and you of basically M I C H A E L are right.Shall we become Michael,what are you offering us as an alternative to our narrow minded lives,as you must conclude we have?
PAD:

If everyone on this forum agreed with each other on all the issues, this forum would have ended 346,900 posts ago.....

Its obvious there is still interest. Belief or no belief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min River Tam 445,845
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 56 min River Tam 2,905
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Jake999 46,227
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UidiotRACEMAKEWOR... 119,382
News Pieces of pig placed on plot of future mosque i... 4 hr discocrisco 1
News Fort Hood Anti-Muslim Backlash Immediate (Nov '09) 4 hr falsefaiths 11,286
Satin is my god (Mar '08) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 2,228
More from around the web