Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649787 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#360341 May 25, 2012
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And all YOU have to do is prove to me that THE CHURCH created by my Lord Jesus Christ was 'roman Catholicism'.
You cannot. you are clutching at straws, have NO 'proof', and you merely hope I will shut up and go away. I ASSURE YOU... I WILL NOT. I WILL continue to speak God's Truth and stand up FOR HIM as long as God grants me the time and opp.
I am a romanists' WORST nightmare.
He can't...why???? Because:

ekklesia: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

"Catholic" is not in those definitions...
LTM

Kanata, Canada

#360342 May 25, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no i never went to jail over it,i demanded a jury trial got one, had no lawyer, told my story showed the weapon the guy had,showed them the photos of what i had to do to stop this guy,and they dropped all charges.
I am glad to hear that Jethro, It was self defence, and you were protecting that woman and her children.
The man got more then he bargain for, what made him think he has a right to take what isn't his. Hard to feel bad for someone like that.
truth

Perth, Australia

#360343 May 25, 2012
no clay
clearance your mind from attacking

first
Did you believe in Jesus Christ?
If yes
You need know who ''tempted'' Jesus Christ!
Jesus Christ words is perfect!
Who ever believe in me or follow
they will attack you ''tempted''..they do to you as well they do to me..Jesus Christ.
Followers of Jesus Christ are all believers as well priest too..billions Christians around world.
LTM

Kanata, Canada

#360345 May 25, 2012
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
So you and LTM are the same person! That's interesting. Not surprising, but interesting.
Sorry Regina, the only other name I have used on here is DUDE.
I never hid the fact.
truth

Perth, Australia

#360346 May 25, 2012
Many liked call themself in Jesus Chair is that paul call himself father..
i say to you

Jesus Christ words is perfect.

''many many many will come in my name ..but its not me''

As well you say yew Jesus Christ is yew..
o well you ''n'' need know about what?
Jesus Christ words.
Jew reject him as well many..

Jesus Christ words is ''Who reject me i will reject him front of my father too''.
Orville

United States

#360347 May 25, 2012
truth wrote:
no clay
clearance your mind from attacking
first
Did you believe in Jesus Christ?
If yes
You need know who ''tempted'' Jesus Christ!
Jesus Christ words is perfect!
Who ever believe in me or follow
they will attack you ''tempted''..they do to you as well they do to me..Jesus Christ.
Followers of Jesus Christ are all believers as well priest too..billions Christians around world.

Amen "Truth of Perth". Amen.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#360348 May 25, 2012
he Worship of Mary

Roman Catholics believe that Mary, the mother of Jesus, remained a virgin after the birth of Jesus and was sinless all of her life. She is worshiped in the Catholic church as the "Mother of God" and the "Queen of Heaven." St.

Bernard stated that she was crowned "Queen of Heaven" by God the Father, and that she currently sits upon a throne in Heaven making intercession for Christians.

The Bible teaches otherwise. In the Bible, Mary was a sinner just like the rest of us. She said herself that she needed a "Saviour" (Lk. 1:47), and she even had to offer a sacrifice for her sins in Luke 2:24.

Jesus was only her "firstborn" son, according to Matthew 1:25, because she later had other children as well (Mt. 13:55; Gal. 1:19; Psa. 69:8).

There's only ONE mediator between God and men, and it isn't Mary (I Tim. 2:5). The last time we hear from Mary in the Bible she is praying WITH the disciples, not being prayed to BY the disciples (Acts 1:14). The Bible never exalts Mary above anyone else. Neither do I...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#360349 May 25, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"your brand of Christianity promotes and protects perverted child molesting priests"
You just proved that your ignorance and deceit are only of the devil. Not the Christ, which you claim to follow!
I have looked at other faiths, prior to accepting Catholicism. You folks deny virtually ALL prior understandings of what the Apostles taught. This is proven fact.... you got nothing in common with the first Christians nor the first Protestants. This is a huge red flag that show you preach nothing Christian.
You come out shooting your mouth off and somehow I am at fault. Stick it in your ear Clay. You have not brand of Christianity because you are a catholic.

Your looked at prior faiths before choosing to be catholic? Well, all of us non-catholics are very glad you crossed over to the dark side. Stay there it is good for everyone.

First Christians? The first Christians were JEWS. Not catholics. Of course I am not Jewish, are you?
truth

Perth, Australia

#360350 May 25, 2012
They put Jesus in prison..o well its nothing ..its just symbol for set up.

But they are not holy never will be.

you scribe pharisee judges layers diploma=ucen u ljubavi skucen ..you close door of heaven..you not going in heaven definitely not.

But you don't need be afraid.. righteousness and inocent Your name is allready in Heaven others know they fall..wicket can't have holy ticket they know that..
converted yourself
pray rosaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy
Orville

United States

#360351 May 25, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All he can do is parrot what the vatacan told him...
This is the church Christ built..
ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
"Catholic" is not in those definitions...

yes, Christians are "called out" to worship because the worship of God through Christ in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit is the one activity that supremely separates Christians from the world. "For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit" (Romans 8:5 in context). Paul's point here is not that there is something evil about human beings and human needs, or that Christians should think only about spiritual truths. Christians and unbelievers live in the same world. The difference here is that Christians are enlivened, guided, and informed by the Holy Spirit in all that they do, whereas non-Christians live only on the level of earthly needs and desires (Ephesians 2:1-22, Galatians 5:16-6:8, Philippians 3:17-20, Colossians 1:13-14, 27-28). They are not "alive to God." Even when they are outwardly religious, they live as if the one, true God does not exist.

2 Corinthians:
" And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Orville

United States

#360352 May 25, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You come out shooting your mouth off and somehow I am at fault. Stick it in your ear Clay. You have not brand of Christianity because you are a catholic.
Your looked at prior faiths before choosing to be catholic? Well, all of us non-catholics are very glad you crossed over to the dark side. Stay there it is good for everyone.
First Christians? The first Christians were JEWS. Not catholics. Of course I am not Jewish, are you?

YES!!! The church at Jerusalem, the first church of Holy God-Jesus, established. By converted jews.

Acts 2:
And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

jerusalem. The first Church established by Holy God-Jesus. All Jews. Then came us the "Gentiles." ( Non-Jews).

United States

#360353 May 25, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"pope" means papa or dad, he is our earthly spiritual "papa". The bible has lots of references to fathers or "papas":
Acts 7:2; 22:1,1 John 2:13 - elders of the Church are called "fathers." Therefore, we should ask the question, "Why don't Protestants call their pastors "father?"
1 Cor. 4:15 - Paul writes, "I became your father in Christ Jesus."
1 Cor. 4:17 - Paul calls Bishop Timothy a beloved and faithful "child" in the Lord.
2 Cor. 12:14 - Paul describes his role as parent over his "children" the Corinthians.
Phil. 2:22 - Paul calls Timothy's service to him as a son serves a "father."
1 Thess. 2:11- Paul compares the Church elders' ministry to the people like a father with his children.
1 Tim. 1:2,18; 2 Tim. 1:2-3 - Paul calls Timothy his true "child" in the faith and his son.
Titus 1:4 - Paul calls Titus his true "child" in a common faith. Priests are our spiritual fathers in the family of God.
Philemon 10 - Paul says he has become the "father" of Onesimus.
Heb. 12:7,9 - emphasizes our earthly "fathers." But these are not just biological but also spiritual (the priests of the Church).
1 Peter 5:13 - Peter refers to himself as father by calling Mark his "son."
1 John 2:1,13,14 - John calls the elders of the Church "fathers."
1 John 2:1,18,28; 3:18; 5:21; 3 John 4 - John calls members of the Church "children."
and...
The "priesthood" of all believers refers to Christians, not to those who deny Jesus is God.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You never cease to amaze me!!!!
pope (pp)
n.
1. often Pope Roman Catholic Church The bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church on earth.
2. Eastern Orthodox Church The patriarch of Alexandria.
3. The Coptic patriarch of Alexandria.
4. The male head of some non-Christian religions: the Taoist pope.
5. A person considered to have unquestioned authority: the pope of surrealism.
Matthew 23:9

http://bible.cc/matthew/23-9.htm

Jesus spoke those words for a reason.

For the Catholic Church to usurp the commands of Jesus, is beyond the pale. There is a pale and honorable people stay inside it.

But once a church leader has broken that command of Jesus, then they can break everything else that suits their fancy. and the church has done that, hasn't it?

Constantine
Crusades
Inquisition
Holocaust

and Sheltering Pedophile Priests .... the most evil of evils.

The church is evil and always has been.
Orville

United States

#360354 May 25, 2012
truth wrote:
They put Jesus in prison..o well its nothing ..its just symbol for set up.
But they are not holy never will be.
you scribe pharisee judges layers diploma=ucen u ljubavi skucen ..you close door of heaven..you not going in heaven definitely not.
But you don't need be afraid.. righteousness and inocent Your name is allready in Heaven others know they fall..wicket can't have holy ticket they know that..
converted yourself
pray rosaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy

I love you "Truth" in Holy Messiah Jesus. But I ask you refrain from "praying the Rosary". Please consider God-Jesus only when praying. Holy Jesus is Lord. Holy Jesus suffered and defeated death. mary, the woman, even bowed to Holy Jesus, calling HIM "Lord".
truth

Perth, Australia

#360355 May 25, 2012
Seal of your Creator stay on your hand ''N'' now where others letter..please explain.

Jesus Christ recommenced two things his mother as well his soul..hand ''N''.
see

Creator creation determination..recreation

hm

determent =meaning =not exist

think about that
o yes yes yes

mind ''N'' mind now fly as river as water flow trough river..my words catch every your words which is not truth=as sharp sward..ones you need know its stay in my ''mind''love your god as yourself with heart as well mind..i will reject everyone..
heavenly mind
what a about that
read

''you are not God..you are man''
could you control everything in your mind..

Did you realize?.. meaning of my mind=its flow as river just when i see your letters as well words.
I am here on wrong spot in wrong time in wrong life with who and why?=hardship=not understanding=tempted
I know that you know.

Don't build my fire!
Its will go against you as well everything.

I took my rosary..its door open in my mind as well heart its blowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwww
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
now its nothing
look heavenlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
How much Solar wind is strong?
Could you control that?
its ok if you could..
oh if catch up my mind

by

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#360356 May 25, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience has been to be cautious about those who speak the loudest about others. You are trying to repress your urges by pointing a finger at me you worthless piece of crap.
=====

Love ya, kid
marge

Leesburg, GA

#360357 May 25, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Regina, the only other name I have used on here is DUDE.
I never hid the fact.
I often said 'dude' on the other board just to bug Marytoo:)

Did I tell you my youngest boy is getting married!!!

Location hidden

#360358 May 25, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Hermi, your heritage is showing.....
A recent four-part article in Newsweek, "What Would Jesus Do? Beyond the Priest Scandal: Christianity at a Crossroads," (Jon Meacham, pp 22-32) explored in twelve pages "a case for change," the need to rethink sexuality and the sacraments in the wake of daily new allegations of sexual misconduct that have shaken the Roman Catholic Church in America. Cardinal Anthony Bevilaqua of Philadelphia made it clear: "All of the cardinals are agreed on zero tolerance, and ... that no priest guilty of even one act of sexual abuse of a minor will function in any ministry or any capacity in our dioceses." Nothing, however, was said by the Catholic hierarch about reporting such offenses to the authorities for investigation.
Attorneys who specialize in representing religious institutions are concerned that daily reports of sexual abuse accusations "will have a chilling effect," according to another recent article on how clergy members will serve parishioners in the future (Gerald Zelizer, "Sex Scandals Rock Trust in All Religions' Leaders," USA Today, April 23, 2002, p. 11A). The report goes on to suggest that seminaries should be more careful in screening potential students, and their curricula should include seminars on the ethics of sex and boundaries. It also points out that religious leaders have an obligation to report known violations to religious and secular authorities. The author hastens to add that no religion is unscathed by these allegations and accusations, for sex abuse scandals diminish trust for leaders of every religion.
The Greek Orthodox Church has certainly been affected by such scandals, as the headlines of national newspapers and Internet websites will attest. The National Herald reported recently that that "the Holy Synod [of the Orthodox Church] is preparing to discuss old sexual scandals that have reemerged, according to high-ranking ecclesiastical officials at the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. Individuals have already contacted the archdiocese asking for monetary compensation in [the] millions of dollars."
I know that our church has molesters as well as other churches. I am a national expert in the treatment of sex offenders.
The problem is not solved in your church by pointing at another church. The problem is not solved at my church by pointing at your church. Anything you say about my church that is based on priests molesting is also applicable to your church.
truth

Perth, Australia

#360359 May 25, 2012
ha ha ha smuchi
kid
yes
you must be ''child within yourself''read holy scripture

Moses keep big stick to reopen red sea..
i say to you
''one mind can blow up much more''
ones when you start discover what is within yourself then you need realize what?
Every words from Jesus Christ is perfect=''i am within you''..who ever shattering your door=you need know who can open that door=only who?
pray rosary..50 cents plastic rosary is better then golden..now but you need believe have faith..
''cross heart anchor=3x''

''i know you..i will open door for you''
love=heart
I will love what I want..i will choose what i want choose..not what others choose..its not me what others want..no''

Location hidden

#360360 May 25, 2012
The Orthodox have never claimed to be a church without sin.Any sin a priest commits he is accountable for. Any sin someone does covering this up is his responsibility.

To say that this affects the Liturgy or the Deposit of Truth is not only absurd but plays into the hands of the evil one, who captures these molesters in his net for the purpose of confusion-ie getting people top discredit Christ's truth because of the devil's work capturing a sinner.

Sosthenes

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#360362 May 25, 2012
The church of Christ is the only real true church.

You can read all about the church of Christ and its practices in the NT.

The churches of Christ salute you.(Rom. 16:16)

thegospelofchrist.com
thetruthinlove.com
whybaptism.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Happy Lesbo 55,921
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 30 min RiccardoFire 70,225
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 36 min RiccardoFire 44,923
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 47 min WasteWater 2,293
dubai airport any gay men for sex contact me on... (Jun '15) 1 hr jelly 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 281,472
Ihaveagod.com - Christian Network - Connecting ... 2 hr israel96 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr River Tam 972,382
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web