Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627603 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#354932 May 8, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We're raised in the faith, beginning the day our parents and grandparents took us to the Church. This is a wonderful event that pleases Christ.
Either way you look at it, Catholics renew their Baptismal vows every Easter. Plus, when we are at an age of maturity, we renew it with the Holy Sacrament of Confirmation. So this would be the individual on their own accord getting 'baptized' again.
I really don't understand the fuss you all make on baptizing infants. This practice was done at the earliest stages of Christianity. I don't know why the 'born agains' assume authority to change it....
Baptism is a very intense Christ focused interaction between those particpating and God.Bible references and Theology abound throughout the ceremony.The Holy Spirit's presence is felt strongly throughout.I dont care about shallow, disjopinted Bible quotes or people refering to the Bible to pull me away from this sacred ceremony. Christ is Among Us! He is and always will be!
truth

Perth, Australia

#354933 May 8, 2012
u listopadu pape je proglasio 2004
''godinu svete Euharistije'' koja ce trajati sve do listopada 2005''
22 february=22 2=george washington dayu
22 2=catedra saiont peter and paul
22 2 =ljubuski
i
toliko smo bili muceni da je i svecenik rekao poludiliste
ma nemoj
niste me ubili ''zmije''3 head zmije zmije=snake
zmijeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

napadaju jos sa drugim sresstvima i sa drugim lazima
i sa drugim
optuznicama
napadaju
krvopijeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee
prokleteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

e sad
sto mi imaju reci
traze po kucama shopovima
po skolama prate djecu po poslovima kidaju gume kidaju ogledala i tako poredu
cak i u kuci
spremaju davlije spirite
o yes yes cak smo vidili i bicklo tko se to lijepo vozika o yes ytes sve vidimo sve osjecamo
eeeeeeee tko su sudci
od sveg proklestva
jao njimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa
prokletnicimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa
i gdje ce te u sto
kako ce vas lijepo nadahnuti sotona i sotonasi i njihovi ministri suci i sve po redu
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#354934 May 8, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I nominate the following statement as the most idiotic I have seen...bar none!!!!
Quote: In the New Covenant established by Christ, baptism replaces circumcision.
Not surprising coming from someone who denies Jesus is God. Spend some more time with the other atheists on the board here, they'll tell you a lot of idiotic things we Christians say.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#354935 May 8, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus says "He who believes and is baptized will be saved" then says "He who does not believe will be condemned", it shows that one can be baptized, not believe and still be condemned. This means that one does not have to be a believer to be baptized. There is nothing in the bible about "believers baptism".
Anthony MN, I believe your statement is called "circular" thinking.

1. He who believes and is baptized will be saved
2. He who does not believe will be condemned
3. He who is baptized but does not believe is condemned
4. He who does not believe is baptized

Unusual.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#354936 May 8, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it's not funny at all. You're a bunch of arrogant and ignorant hypocrites.
You mock the Church for declaring someone a saint or talking about a miracle, and then you declare yourslef a saint and your fundmamentalist friends here talk about all the miracles God does for them. Pathetic if you ask me.
Php 4:21 Salute every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren which are with me greet you....

The NABRE, to my knowledge does not have the word "saint"..why??

Same verse as in the KJV:
Give my greetings to every holy one in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me send you their greetings;

Location hidden

#354938 May 8, 2012
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I know but a 3 week old child cannot. Still sorry
Forget Abraham. He does not help your case.Forget the earliest church baptizing. This does not help your case. Forget what the earliest father's consensus was. They got it from the Apostles. This does not help your caser.Bing. Bang. You win another one.
truth

Perth, Australia

#354939 May 8, 2012
hebrew 7;21
we are in ''21'' house number 7=.......

why Satan hite woman
&fe ature=related

born 25 3=Gabriel

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#354940 May 8, 2012
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull 'spit'..--- your cult did NOT give us the Bible. How many times do you need to be corrected on this?
When will you understand.... It was the Catholic that put the Bible together. Get over it, stop your denial!!!

We gave it to you and you man made founders interpreted it to your liken'. This is why you guys are so confused. With over 40,000 different churches.

Location hidden

#354941 May 8, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sola scriptura as everything to do with it. It's your doctrine, you either abide by it or you don't.
The fact is Jesus gave us the command to baptize. You guys reject the efficacy of baptism, refuse to believe in the savific nature of baptism, ignore the overwhelming evidence of Christian teaching on baptism, and then, even though you're forced to admit your doctrine of sola scriptura doesn't support your contention that unbaptized babies will go to heaven, you insist it doesn't matter because God wouldn't dare make you responsible for ignoring Christ's clear command.
Horse apples...

Baptism is the holy ordinance by which persons are admitted as members of the Christian community. It is administered in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost; and is a visible and public profession of faith in Christ and his salvation, of vital union with him, of the obligation to live a new life according to his precepts and in his service, and of the expectation of sharing in his glorious and heavenly immortality.

It is not by any means to be regarded as a regenerating ordinance, though significant of regeneration. It was established in the Christian church by Christ and his apostles, and is binding on his followers to the end of time. The use of water in this ordinance is grounded in part on its qualities as the great element of purification, and on the rites of the ancient dispensation, in which "water and blood: were the divinely appointed symbols of moral renovation and atonement.
truth

Perth, Australia

#354942 May 8, 2012
ti koji svijetlis=light
sa perfekcijom

&fe ature=related

e sto sve nisu radili od nas i bliznji i daljni i prijatelji i neprijatelji i vlast i necast

kako cete ih zvat
prokletnici
ili kako
dat im blagoslov

Location hidden

#354943 May 8, 2012
What we do know is that the infant has the Holy Spirit. The infant has a soul. Please show me the evidence that shows the interactions between this child's soul and Christ. Apparently you know the interaction. Apparently you know how the Holy Spirit and Christ connectas with a child.Please show the evidence that the SOUL that an infant child is incapable of some form of faith. Apparently we know what the SOUL of an infant is capable of.I thought Christ can reach into the soul of a child. He is God. He is love.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#354944 May 8, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN, you are telling us God changed? Under the Old Covenant baptism was not required for salvation but under the New Covenant it is required for salvation. Is this your belief?
It would seem God has changed His mind in as much some were baptized and others were not. Why did God change His mind?
We thought the New Covenant was the Covenant of Grace and the Old Covenant was the Law. Your saying God requires more of us under Grace for salvation than He did under the Law for salvation? Are you sure?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Old Covenenant it was circumcision and lots more, so actually, if you knew anything about Mosaic Law, you would know that it was much stricter.
Anthony MN, if baptism was not required for salvation under the Old Covenant but salvation is required under the New Covenant, how can the Old Covenant be more strict? Isn't salvation plus baptism more strict than salvation with no baptism?

Circumcision? Was this for males or were females included? I was thinking, if baptism replaced circumcision and baptism is required for salvation, then all females must be destined for hell because they were not circumcized? Or were they?
truth

Perth, Australia

#354945 May 8, 2012
liar
&fe ature=related

i kad ce opet biti napad na nas
kad cete nas opet tuci i progonitiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
zatvarat
i sve po redu
pocelo u bolnici
''25'' year ago
nikad niste pristali napostovati mene i moju djecu i moju obitelj
trazili ste u slabijem da obori onog tko vjeruje
a onaj tko vjeruje ima cvrstu vjeru
sto napadaci i prokletije od zakona imajuuuuuuuuuuu

sto imaju protiv mene
znaju oni
kome su dusu dali

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#354946 May 8, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When catholics can't answer something, they fall back on those old reliable sayings......"ITS A MYSTERY".... or ...."GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS"
......were not suppose to know.(lol)
And yet "Catholics" think they do.

The dishonesty of Christianity.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#354947 May 8, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, you can always tell when they're feeling the heat, they're fangs come out. What a stiff-necked brood of vipers! Sola scriptura, my foot.
Maybe you shouldn't put your neck out there then.

Location hidden

#354948 May 8, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Scripture does not say trees are green, the sky is blue, the ocean is deep and the sun is bright but that does not alter the fact that trees are green, the sky is blue, the ocean is deep and the sun is bright does it?
Mark Twain once wrote, "It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand."
Gee. Did it ever occur to you that if not everything that is real is not in the Bible, that things may be real that are not specuified in writing that you just made the Case for Tradition.
truth

Perth, Australia

#354949 May 8, 2012
you want death
then you go in hell with that blessing

i asked
jesus who do that
i have answear
cesarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr as well priest to
whichoneeeeeeeee

ruleeeeeeeeee and principality of this world darknesss of them within themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
shout up
evil people
''umukni pogani jezice''

Location hidden

#354950 May 8, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the Old Covenant, the righteous who died awaited the coming of the Messiah. When Christ came, by His death and resurrection, He opened the gates of heaven to those righteous." End quote.
"Please provide Scripture for this event."
Look up "Bosom of Abraham", familiarize yourself with the Jewish beliefs of the time and Luke 16.
"Your quote, "In the New Covenant established by Christ, baptism replaces circumcision." End quote.
Interesting. Please provide a Biblical reference. Thanks."
Col. 2:11–12
Col. 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

In whom also ye are circumcised:
All that was designed by circumcision, literally performed, is accomplished in them that believe through the Spirit and power of Christ. It is not a cutting off of a part of the flesh, but a putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, through the circumcision of Christ; he having undergone and performed this, and all other rites necessary to qualify him to be a mediator between God and man; for, being made under the law, he was subject to all its ordinances, and every act of his contributed to the salvation of men. But by the circumcision of Christ, the operation of his grace and Spirit may be intended; the law required the circumcision of the flesh, the Gospel of Christ required the circumcision of the heart.

–12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Buried with him in baptism; by openly renouncing sin, and publicly professing to hate and forsake it; thus showing their deadness to its reigning power. Risen with him; from their death in sin, by believing on him, and thus experiencing in their own persons the same divine power which raised Christ from the dead.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#354951 May 8, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
What we do know is that the infant has the Holy Spirit. The infant has a soul. Please show me the evidence that shows the interactions between this child's soul and Christ. Apparently you know the interaction. Apparently you know how the Holy Spirit and Christ connectas with a child.Please show the evidence that the SOUL that an infant child is incapable of some form of faith. Apparently we know what the SOUL of an infant is capable of.I thought Christ can reach into the soul of a child. He is God. He is love.
Hermi, sorry. We do not know the infant has the Holy Spirit? We all are born with a spirit but not necessarily holy. We are all body, soul and spirit, right?

Hermi, the Holy Spirit is God in us. Jesus Christ was God with us.

Did Jesus tell us He would leave us an Advocate? The Holy Spirit.

Soul? Isn't our soul our personality and emotions. Does Christ connect with our soul or our spirit? I believe you you meant spirit, right?

When do we receive the Holy Spirit? At salvation.

The apostle Paul clearly taught that we receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior. First Corinthians 12:13 declares,“For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” Romans 8:9 tells us that if a person does not possess the Holy Spirit, he or she does not belong to Christ:“You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.” Ephesians 1:13-14 teaches us that the Holy Spirit is the seal of salvation for all those who believe:“Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.”

These three passages make it clear that the Holy Spirit is received at the moment of salvation.

Location hidden

#354952 May 8, 2012
What did John really mean? there sre verses that can be taken different ways.I wish he were here to explain.Oh wait Polycarp knew him. And he wrote down what he was taught. Nawwwwwwwww.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 14,349
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Chess Jurist 950,795
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Adam 615,838
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min onemale 278,434
Will Kevin Durrant HELP....or HURT...the Golden... 34 min Doctor REALITY 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 46 min Classic 3,367
Gay sex in raigarh (Jun '15) 49 min monu 307
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr lisw 180,023
More from around the web