Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,516
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
preston

Waverly, OH

#278798 May 27, 2011
Miriam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call me lily?
lol, every troll gets called lily, you aint no exception.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#278799 May 27, 2011
IT is also the church that the antichrist will use in the last days. There will arise a pope that will be the false prophet for the antichrist. His name will be Peter Romano II. This pope is the religous leader that is talked about in the book of revelation. We are no longer in the last days but the last hours. Global government is next. This is the 10 toes on the vision that Daniel interpreted with King Nebuchanzzer. These are not the days to be barely hanging on to Jesus.

United States

#278800 May 27, 2011
Miriam wrote:
<quoted text>
Back-tracking, I see, considering you do not believe "any pope ever was."
Uttering those words made you nervous, didn't it?
LOL
Miriam wrote:
Uttering those words made you nervous, didn't it?
probably not. not NEARLY as nervous as any altar boy ... when alone ... in the presence of the parish priest
Miriam

New Britain, CT

#278801 May 27, 2011
preston wrote:
<quoted text>tell me how the 24 elders represent 12 Apostleswhen john wasnt even dead yet?
you claim that they represent those who have died "in truth"
John did not have to be dead for the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 apostles to represent God's complete revelation via Judaism and Christianity.
Miriam

New Britain, CT

#278802 May 27, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
<quoted text>
probably not. not NEARLY as nervous as any altar boy ... when alone ... in the presence of the parish priest
You're sick.
preston

Waverly, OH

#278803 May 27, 2011
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The scriptures do NOT say that Jesus was almost 50 yrs. old. The Jews simply stated that He was NOT (even) yet 50 yrs. old. They were not stating what his age 'was', but what it 'was not'. Context is an important factor in trying to understand scripture. You really should get some one to teach you how to understand the scriptures.
show me where I said what you are assumming that I said.
at no time did I say that they said he was almost 50. in fact I posted the verse so it could be clear to everyone. this post of your is another example of you not being able to understand who is talking and what they are saying.

here is my post that you are responding to.

preston wrote:
<quoted text>no competant answer can be given to those two question, for the simple reason of our calendars.
One Bible verse says that he was believed to be almost 50.
John 8:57-59 (King James Version)
57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham)snipped)

so the bottom line is that someone believed that He was almost 50, or they wouldnt have said it.or they could have said He isnt 40 yet or they could have said he wasnt 30 yet.

believe (b&#618;&#712;li&# 720;v)

5.( when tr, takes a clause as object ) to think, assume, or suppose: I believe that he has left already

so they {thought}, or they {assumed} or they {supposed}

ALL THREE PROVE ME RIGHT WITH i SAID WHAT I SAID.

my purpose was to show popz or what his name is that the age of 30 if you are using an age for Levites to begin work in the temple was not applicable for Jesus since he wasnt a levite

His chronological age is on no importance to me as I have already suggested

common sense 101. did you take it or did you flunk it?never mind, even if you did take it, you aint smart enough to pass it.

A WISE GENERAL PICKS HIS BATTLE.

CUSTER LIKE YOU HAD NO COMMON SENSE. HE PICKED A BATTLE THAT HE COULDNT WIN.

YOU AINT SMART ENOUGH TO WIN A BATTLE WITH ME.ANY IDIOT LIKE YOU THAT CLAIMS TO BE A CHRISTIAN AND DOESNT EVEN KNOW THE WORDS OF THE SAVIOR AINT TO BRIGHT.
marg

Waterloo, IA

#278804 May 27, 2011
Miriam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Jesus lives in me.
Have you read Revelation? Do you know whom the elders represent?
There are 24 of them, representing the 12 tribles of Israel and the 12 apostles, which is the totality of truth that God has revealed to man. Therefore the elders are symbolic of those who have died "in truth," ie the saints.
It is THEY who receive the prayers of the ones on earth, who then give it to an angel who gives them to God (Rev 8:3).
That does not mean we don't ALSO pray to God. We DO!
But as we ask those on earth for prayers, we also ask those in heaven for prayers.
I know enough that those verses pertain to the end times, therefore I don't believe there in heaven yet.

Again, if Jesus is in you why not just go straight to our heavenly Father who loves us and wants to do all things for us?

and you know i believe calling on the saints who passed a bad sin.

blessings Miriam

United States

#278805 May 27, 2011
Miriam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sick.
yeah, yeah, I know.

but I am not a fraction as sick as the parish priest who preys on altar boys

you can tell I hate the Catholic church.

I hate it for a very good reason.
Miriam

New Britain, CT

#278806 May 27, 2011
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, every troll gets called lily, you aint no exception.
Religious discussions are often provocative, producing emotional responses. If you consider my posts as such, then perhaps a religious forum is not your speed.
Miriam

New Britain, CT

#278807 May 27, 2011
marg wrote:
<quoted text>
I know enough that those verses pertain to the end times, therefore I don't believe there in heaven yet.
Again, if Jesus is in you why not just go straight to our heavenly Father who loves us and wants to do all things for us?
and you know i believe calling on the saints who passed a bad sin.
blessings Miriam
Yes, I understand your position, which is why I don't really debate "asking saints for prayers" with those who don't believe saints are in heaven yet.

Blessings to you too Marge.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#278808 May 27, 2011
"Through It All" By The Booth Brothers

&fe ature=related
Miriam

New Britain, CT

#278809 May 27, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, yeah, I know.
but I am not a fraction as sick as the parish priest who preys on altar boys
you can tell I hate the Catholic church.
I hate it for a very good reason.
I agree that a priest who does such a thing is disgustingly sick.

I hope that hasn't happened to you.

Location hidden

#278810 May 27, 2011
"If We Never Meet Again" By The Booth Brothers

&fe ature=related
preston

Waverly, OH

#278811 May 27, 2011
Miriam wrote:
<quoted text>
John did not have to be dead for the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 apostles to represent God's complete revelation via Judaism and Christianity.
YOU ARE THE PERSON THAT SAID THEY "HAVE DIED"

not me.

I think that you are trying to spiritualize something we have no idea about.

but i like it though. if that helps, but in an opinion, I would never suggest that it is what you suggest.

I dont like to fantasize myself, but you can if you wish.

but please take into consideration, this idea.

it isnt only Jewish believers that will be with the Lord, so by using your idea, you are leaving out the gentiles.
preston

Waverly, OH

#278812 May 27, 2011
Miriam wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious discussions are often provocative, producing emotional responses. If you consider my posts as such, then perhaps a religious forum is not your speed.
oh, my speed is ok.

I obey the Law(Gods)

Location hidden

#278813 May 27, 2011
"Love Was In The Room"

&fe ature=related
Miriam

New Britain, CT

#278814 May 27, 2011
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Miriam, I would like to ask you a couple of questions that might help us to see the difference in terminology, if you would care to answer. Question:... Do catholics get saved? When do they get saved? And when and if they do get saved, what exactly does that mean to a catholic. Thanks for your response.
Of course Catholics get saved.

We believe justification is a process which begins at one point in time, and includes sanctification. Therefore, while the process of salvation begins at one point in time, it is not completed until one has been completely sanctified (Rev 21:27 nothing unclean shall enter heaven), and perservered until the end.

According to my understanding, "getting saved" literally means "entering heaven."
Miriam

New Britain, CT

#278815 May 27, 2011
preston wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE THE PERSON THAT SAID THEY "HAVE DIED"
not me.
I think that you are trying to spiritualize something we have no idea about.
but i like it though. if that helps, but in an opinion, I would never suggest that it is what you suggest.
I dont like to fantasize myself, but you can if you wish.
but please take into consideration, this idea.
it isnt only Jewish believers that will be with the Lord, so by using your idea, you are leaving out the gentiles.
Those who "have died" that I am talking about are believers in Jesus Christ down through the ages---those who have died "in Christ."

That includes more than just Jewish believers.

Location hidden

#278816 May 27, 2011
"Mercy Walked In" By Gordon Mote/Sheri Easter/Charlotte

&NR =1
hojo

East Moline, IL

#278817 May 27, 2011
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
++++++++++ To Holy Gods Glory++++++++++
I am so fortunate our Holy Father, Yahweh, pulled me from the deceiving death grip of Catholosim.
If you are so convinced of your "bible only" half truth Christianity then you should go back to where you came from and LIVE IT! The real truth is that you can't!----You cannot live your "solo scriptura" doctrine WITHOUT condemning, attacking, passing judgment, and spreading your anti-catholic hate, because it has NOTHING to support it (except "personal opinion") with no other foundation to sustain it, it CANNOT stand on its own beliefs AND has NOTHING to uphold it. The ONLY way it has ANY hope of sustaining itself, is by constantly attacking, the Historical TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, that Our Lord initiated IN THE GOSPEL of St. Matthew. You bible only believers have proved this over and over and over again, on every comment, every post, every statement, every bible verse that you quote. There is NOTHING to debate, there is NOTHING to discuss! Every Catholic on this forum, knows and lives the TRUE SALVATION that Jesus Christ gave us over 2000 years ago in our personal relationship to HIM and through HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH , where the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH and the TRUTH has, is and will continue to be ONLY in Our Lord and in His Church, and your lies, hate and heretical preachers and teachers will NEVER change the TRUTH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min scaritual 778,474
Moses never existed 14 min Khatru 833
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 24 min Just American 4,898
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 52 min lokito 11
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from d... 605,347
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 1 hr Just American 1,030
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr SAYS IT ALL 96,865
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 265,472
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 8 hr risque 137
More from around the web