Obama Administration Answers Rand Pau...

Obama Administration Answers Rand Paul On Drones

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

MickeyDs

Bucharest, Romania

#1 Mar 9, 2013
Obama Administration Gives Rand Paul An Answer on Drones
The answer to that question is no.
Attorney General Eric Holder has given Sen. Rand Paul an answer to his question about whether the president has the authority to use drones to attack noncombatant U.S. citizens on American soil.
"The answer to that question is no," the letter said.
In his epic 13 hour Jimmy Stewart-style talking filibuster opposing President Barack Obama's nomination of John Brennan as CIA director and the administration's use of drone strikes, Paul had demanded a response to the question. Paul, R-Ky., said he was "quite happy" with the letter.
With that, he said he is ending his objection to the nomination and is open to the Senate voting "as soon as people want to."
Vote Here.
Does the letter make you feel more comfortable with the administration's drone program?
Yes
No

View results http://politix.topix.com/barack-obama/4949-ob...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Mirrormirorwall 683,635
Kyrie makes it OFFICIAL: he's SICK of LeBron!!! 17 min Mirrormirorwall 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 983,094
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr River Tam 15,724
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 22
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 16
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Jake999 619,689
More from around the web