Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258041 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#207861 Jan 25, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no, genius - your reproductive organs make you make or female - they don't make you heterosexual.
LOLÂ…wow
Biologically they do make you heterosexual. There is both male and female reproductive systems and they have a purpose beyond male and female. Genius. If they were not there then the human race would be extinct. Genius. Why do you exist? Because of a heterosexual act in line with biology. Not because of a same sex act nor were you found in the pumpkin patch.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#207862 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Is that the only purpose? What about the menstrual cycle? C'mon Happy. Put your thinking cap on. Why male and female reproductive organs?
.. to continue populating the world ??..

.. my intellect is limited ..

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#207863 Jan 25, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Don't ask me how I stumbled over that. But when I started watching it Aura and others on here came to mind.

With Established Harem

#207864 Jan 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. by chance, are you a lesbian ??..
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes. Yes I am. What gave it away?
Was it my wardrobe?
.. no, it was your organic nature and attraction to my reproductive system ..

.. your attraction to my scarf collection also helped ..

“What game?”

Location hidden

#207865 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Is that the only purpose? What about the menstrual cycle? C'mon Happy. Put your thinking cap on. Why male and female reproductive organs?
The male reproductive organ.

"Hey baby, want to sit on my lap?"

http://image1.masterfile.com/getImage/846-061...

With Established Harem

#207866 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Biologically they do make you heterosexual. There is both male and female reproductive systems and they have a purpose beyond male and female. Genius. If they were not there then the human race would be extinct. Genius. Why do you exist? Because of a heterosexual act in line with biology. Not because of a same sex act nor were you found in the pumpkin patch.
.. is the human race going extinct ??..

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#207867 Jan 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I'm the perfect expression of What Is. And, you ??..
I'm invisible

Location hidden

#207868 Jan 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. are you contemplating gender reassignment ??..
No. I would also add, given the implications and complications anybody who does has got a screw loose. Lets not make this about me. Let me ask you something. If you want to alter society to include same sex marriage as legal the burden of proof is with you. You have to make a case. You cannot do it scientifically since it renders reproductive systems obsolete. So what is your case?

Location hidden

#207869 Jan 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. to continue populating the world ??..
.. my intellect is limited ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ng8ODGG4GTYXX
Good for you.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#207870 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That involves a different system. Are you aware of the medical complications involves with sex reassignment surgery? Vaginal collapse, incontinence, lifetime hormone treatments. Here is a little gem. Fistula.
http://www.avitale.com/Rectovaginal_Fistula.h...
That means fecal matter comes through the constructed vagina from the bowels and into the pink lace undies.
Vagina collapse? One has to really use their imagination on that one.
Gee wiz, what on earth would cause you to look this up?
Transsexual medical problems just your favorite subject or something?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207871 Jan 25, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>Got strawman combined with red herring? The Chinese seem to be very adept at terminating females. Is that evolution at work?
Nah, patriarchal society.

How'd that start?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207872 Jan 25, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>If Abraham knew that Isaac was in no danger, then it wasn't a test of faith.

You can't have it both ways...
Well noted.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#207873 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychology is a scam. It's not even pseudo science. Frustrating "Doctors" to the point of physical violence was my hobby 5 and 6 years ago.
It was a game to me. I diagnosed one of them with Tourette's.
Heh

I agree though. There are a lot of different fields that at least in part seem to do nothing more than guess and label it an 'expert' opinion

With Established Harem

#207874 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> No. I would also add, given the implications and complications anybody who does has got a screw loose. Lets not make this about me. Let me ask you something. If you want to alter society to include same sex marriage as legal the burden of proof is with you. You have to make a case. You cannot do it scientifically since it renders reproductive systems obsolete. So what is your case?
.. it's as basic as the Golden Rule: treat others like you would want to be treated ..

Location hidden

#207875 Jan 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee wiz, what on earth would cause you to look this up?
Transsexual medical problems just your favorite subject or something?
It is part of the whole discussion involving gay rights. The so called right to sex assignment surgery.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusett...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207876 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>There are some interesting points from the sacrifice of Abraham:

1. God had earlier promised Abraham that he would make a great nation of him through Isaac, which forced Abraham to either trust God with what mattered most to him or to distrust God. Abraham chose to trust and obey.

2. Abraham told his servants "we" will come back to you, meaning both he and Isaac. Abraham must have believed God would either provide a substitute sacrifice or would raise Isaac from the dead.

3. This incident foreshadows God's sacrifice of his only son, Jesus Christ, on the cross at Calvary, for the sin of the world. God's great love required of himself what he did not require of Abraham.

4. Mount Moriah, where this event took place, means "God will provide." King Solomon later built the first Temple there. Today, the Muslim shrine The Dome of the Rock, in Jerusalem, stands on the site of the sacrifice of Isaac.

5. The author of the book of Hebrews cites Abraham in his "Faith Hall of Fame," and James says Abraham's obedience was credited to him as righteousness.
Apologetic nonsense, to make a guy who hears voices and was about to murder his child, look good.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207877 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Not so.

I got this burning, itching sensation on the bottom of my foot.

Recommendations?
Which foot?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207878 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No.

Belief would not be enough.

A voice in my head would not be enough, I'm not insane.

God would physically have to appear before me.

He knows that.

I told you that you don't understand.

None of you atheists do.
Why would your god have to physically appear before you?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#207879 Jan 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
My fee is $600 per hour.
Plus costs.
What about a trade?

I can get you a lifetime pass to the Duris Cucumber Farm

http://duriscucumberfarm.com/

*lotion not included

“What game?”

Location hidden

#207880 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> No. I would also add, given the implications and complications anybody who does has got a screw loose. Lets not make this about me. Let me ask you something. If you want to alter society to include same sex marriage as legal the burden of proof is with you. You have to make a case. You cannot do it scientifically since it renders reproductive systems obsolete. So what is your case?
By altering society you mean fixing the injustice, right?

Age renders reproductive systems obsolete. Would you advocate killing people when they can no longer reproduce? What purpose do they serve?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Joe Fortuna 88,183
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 977,344
I still LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Ewa, Honey 43 min Doctor REALITY 5
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Buck Crick 575
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,737
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Buck Crick 150
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr confrinting with ... 665,354
More from around the web