Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255504 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#207645 Jan 25, 2014
mtimber wrote:
So if there is no absolute moral standards the child molestation is acceptable in some scenarios?
If you were kidnapped along with a busload of children by a group of men with guns, and told to molest one child, or else the lot of them will be raped and murdered, your decision will determine what happens to all those children.

I can't say what I would or would not do, because I cannot make that determination without actually being in the situation so that I have access to the relevant information that would be necessary to make an ethical decision.

Absolute morality is a meaningless concept.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#207646 Jan 25, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
They seem to have their own friendships from what I've seen, like you and skombully do, over racism, pickles, lotion, misogyny, the love of your god, the hate of success, the hate of education, violence and sammiches or whatever.
River has never done that with me and the times I've seen her do it in wsjlm, it was usually after many degrading posts about homosexuals, written by loving christians.
Drooling how?
You've just named three men whom I've not witnessed display anything but respect for women.
Scar? What? Are you "joking" again? Is it a "word jumble"? Because you don't lie, right? He's pulled a few of you godly men up more than once for your filth towards women.
Catch despises misogyny from what I've seen of him and constantly points out yours, are you upset about that? I can't think of another reason you'd spout that.
I've seen Tide muck around with River and took it for friendship.
You're a littleshit and have no leg to stand on there, let's talk about yours, skombully's, tri's, shrink's, bongo's, wasssssssup's, buck's and dave's disgusting display of blatant sexual harassment.
Did you want to zip up your pants and "leave money on the dresser" for me again?
You are approaching troll status with me.
Approaching?

#207647 Jan 25, 2014
Notice that RR berates me for not understanding the Bible stories, yet doesn't explain what they are supposed to mean.

I suspect he has been taught that line..."Atheists don't understand the Bible". And he leaves it at that.

#207648 Jan 25, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
'Probably' has never gotten across in any of the posts I've seen from you to him. Its more like a weapon you use to try to hurt him or make fun of whatever you want to call it, but at any rate, the goal isn't for enlightened conversation.
You do apparently care because you throw it in his face every so often. I suppose Ians buddy romping in bed with his wife and having kids doesnt say anything about him though does it.
I would agree your games get old rather quickly, especially for you, I'm sure, when someone tries to make you abide by the same rules you lay down for others.
BTW...like the Eagle Nebula / Pillars of Creation picture. Love that shot from the Hubble.

Used to be a poster on the evolution threads that used that same picture as her avatar.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#207649 Jan 25, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Most inhabitants of the earth are a slave to sin. But, he who the Son sets free is free indeed.
There is no sin.

There, you're free. You're welcome.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#207650 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think God lives in the sky.
Or at least you imagine Him that way.
I don't.
No, I think your god lives in your head and nowhere else.

He, or it, is a product of your wishful imagination.

Skydaddy is my nickname for the imaginary god.

The sky part is figurative.

Sort of like heaven.

Redondo Beach, CA

#207651 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout cars?
Can I still assault cars?
You know, with deadly force?
Those like you who resort to violence to settle their disputes end up in the judicial system.

You did.

There's a very good chance you will again.

And you won't have Catcher to help you get out of your jam.

#207652 Jan 25, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were kidnapped along with a busload of children by a group of men with guns, and told to molest one child, or else the lot of them will be raped and murdered, your decision will determine what happens to all those children.
I can't say what I would or would not do, because I cannot make that determination without actually being in the situation so that I have access to the relevant information that would be necessary to make an ethical decision.
Absolute morality is a meaningless concept.
Agreed. Even "do no harm to others" has its limits. Such as in the defense of he defenseless.

Absolute moral rules means that one shuts down one's brain. It is far better, IMHO, to understand the morals and ethics and consider them rationally.

Location hidden

#207653 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I agree.
It's strange that fiction can seem to overtake someone to the point of them not being able to discern reality from fiction.
LOL

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#207654 Jan 25, 2014
<quoted text>
'Probably' has never gotten across in any of the posts I've seen from you to him. Its more like a weapon you use to try to hurt him or make fun of whatever you want to call it, but at any rate, the goal isn't for enlightened conversation.
You do apparently care because you throw it in his face every so often. I suppose Ians buddy romping in bed with his wife and having kids doesnt say anything about him though does it.
I would agree your games get old rather quickly, especially for you, I'm sure, when someone tries to make you abide by the same rules you lay down for others.
.. CC uses his wife as fodder to promote his agenda ..

.. your interpretation of my posts is different than my intent ..

.. take the chip of your shoulder ..

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#207655 Jan 25, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So you too have assented to defeat by retreating to ad hominem.
Is this the best I can expect from the atheists here.
Is there not even one thinker here that does not have to resort to ad hominem.
Every time one of you resorts to ad hominem you reveal you have no answer no comeback, which is of course expected as how can you have a comeback when you publicly contradict yourselves in nearly every post?
Actually, it just means that you're a total Fuckinloon™ and nobody takes what you say seriously.

Hope that helps.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#207656 Jan 25, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Whats the surprise? How could he have known this?.........Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
One carpenter and the whole world is changed.
You'd think a carpenter would know how to remove nails.

Redondo Beach, CA

#207657 Jan 25, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not entirely convinced, but I do find his arguments interesting.
What I find more likely was that there did exist some itinerant preacher that gained a following, and over the years all sorts of myths got tacked onto his story.
Sort of like how the stories of Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett grew with the telling...except in spades with the case of Jesus.
I hear Wyatt Earp wasn't so "brave, courageous and bold," and made it a practice to shoot people in the back.

Redondo Beach, CA

#207658 Jan 25, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I did? She almost killed herself on drugs in the year 1999. She gave her life to Christ in that year and has been a new person since. Never did drugs again, never lived that life again. You lie because you hate that and its your problem not ours.
OK, so your wife has been heterosexual for 14 years.

Granted that's a long period of remission.

But stay alert, they say one can't be certain of the cure until 20 years have elapsed.

Even Jesus can't shorten the period.

Keep us posted, directly or through this Rider guy who seems to have your back.

Location hidden

#207659 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
This is what I mean about non-believers attempting to interpret the Bible.
To be blunt, y'all suck at it.
If you didn't shoot your mouth off about it, I wouldn't mind letting it go.

But it's bullshit.

Christians are heavily invested in what they think the Bible means. They rarely agree on interpretation, which means as a group, they suck at getting anything right. Only a tiny minority, if any at all, could possibly be correct most of the time about what was intended by the various authors of the Bible. That is also quite separate from determining if the claims made are actually true.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#207660 Jan 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Just a few days ago Ians was telling us of one of his friends who was married and had children. Divorced his wife and got into a gay relationship with a man. IIRC Ians said the guy couldn't deny he was gay anymore.
That guy according to ians described himself as gay, and I believe him because if he was bi why would he divorce his wife and leave his kids behind to pursue this gay relationship.
If this guy can leave his wife and proclaim he is gay, why couldn't CC's wife leave her lesbian lifestyle behind and claim her heterosexuality?????????? Weirdo..........
She absolutely could if she wasn't a homosexual. That's not what Chris said. He said God cured her of her homosexuality. Lesbianism is only a lifestyle if you're not a lesbian.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#207661 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
BenAdam wrote:
Mrs. C is Bi.
CC can't face that simple fact.
<quoted text>
So you agree that she's bisexual because she's interested in both sexes and has chased both sexes.
Why then do you say that a person who's been married to the opposite sex but has now "come out" and leaves the relationship to chase the same sex is gay?
They're not. They're bi.
Wrong. I could marry a man and have kids. I still wouldn't be heterosexual or bisexual.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#207662 Jan 25, 2014
Jim wrote:
We'll think twice before taking advice from a violent Creationist Cult Member who believes the earth is 3000 years old.
The earth is 600 years old.

Boo.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#207663 Jan 25, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
They seem to have their own friendships from what I've seen, like you and skombully do, over racism, pickles, lotion, misogyny, the love of your god, the hate of success, the hate of education, violence and sammiches or whatever.
River has never done that with me and the times I've seen her do it in wsjlm, it was usually after many degrading posts about homosexuals, written by loving christians.
Drooling how?
You've just named three men whom I've not witnessed display anything but respect for women.
Scar? What? Are you "joking" again? Is it a "word jumble"? Because you don't lie, right? He's pulled a few of you godly men up more than once for your filth towards women.
Catch despises misogyny from what I've seen of him and constantly points out yours, are you upset about that? I can't think of another reason you'd spout that.
I've seen Tide muck around with River and took it for friendship.
You're a littleshit and have no leg to stand on there, let's talk about yours, skombully's, tri's, shrink's, bongo's, wasssssssup's, buck's and dave's disgusting display of blatant sexual harassment.
Did you want to zip up your pants and "leave money on the dresser" for me again?
You are approaching troll status with me.
Meltdown.

So early?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#207664 Jan 25, 2014
77 Reasons to Support Man Woman Marriage

http://ruthinstitute.org/pdfs/77reasonsREAD-O...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min MUQ2 44,653
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 7 min MUQ2 382
What attracts white women to black men? (Mar '07) 7 min Johnny 11,537
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min here 48,412
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min 911 Inside Job 281,242
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 38 min WasteWater 18
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 40 min DENG 38,750
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 59 min Cory 646,503
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 971,627
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 105,572
More from around the web