Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258467 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#207323 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe my former church cares if I live or die.
In fact, the majority would likely prefer I die.
I am certain they have taken pleasure in my suffering.
Well, I'm not dead, and they can kiss my big ass. Amen.
OK...it sounds like you're well out of there.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#207324 Jan 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you hair-raising stories of what it was like as a non-Christian child growing up in South America a few decades ago.
The "challenges" did make me a stronger person in the long run, but I wouldn't wish them on anybody.
Tell us.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#207325 Jan 24, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are in an ethics class with him [Wilderide], and with Catcher, Tide, Happy Lesbo, HipGnosis, Darwins Stepchild and others. Imagine the discussions - or just read them.
This is an amazing medium.
That's a very good point, Ians. You can't have such scintillating discussions in real life as you do on here - only rarely.

Must be why I love my chatrooms.
:-)
christINSANITY is evil

Fergus, Canada

#207326 Jan 24, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
The Mars Rover found something very interesting the other day. A jelly filled donut “rock” just materialized. The camera had taken a picture of that area before and there was no jelly donut. And 12 days later, there it was.
NASA is wondering how did this happen? They have some ideas but there’re not really positive. I think God is having some fun with NASA.
“After a decade on the Martian surface, you might think that NASA's Opportunity rover has seen it all. But just before the 10th anniversary of the rover's landing, its operators got a surprise treat: a weird rock "materialized" right in front of the rover's wheels.
The image on the left was taken by the rover's panoramic camera on the 3528th sol, or Martian day, of the mission. The image on the right is of the same spot 12 days later. It shows an additional rock about the size of a doughnut that seems to have appeared out of the blue.” http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24898-h...
Jelly filled donut rock!??
You've been hitting the bottle early today,huh

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#207327 Jan 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No it certainly isn't. In fact, I highly recommend anyone really read the Bible (especially the OT) and understand it. The Bible is, ironically, one of the best ways to vaccinate oneself against all of the Abrahamic religions.
One of the reasons I've studied the Bible so much is that I find it fascinating that so many people accept the Bible as a moral guide, when it clearly isn't. I used to be a born-again Christian myself, but I accepted the religion before I read the Bible (I was indoctrinated by friends, and also I have always been curious about religion). It was my study of the Bible that led me out of Christianity. That, and an embrace of critical thinking.
I thought that, esp about the OT. And I used to read it a lot when I was a kid. All the atrocities: wars, murders, rape and pillage.

And that was a long time before I found the Evil Bible website, or read AJ Jacobs.

The NT is a little better in parts. Esp the old: "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#207328 Jan 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was also very successful, with alot more "life experience" (whatever that means) and he sold over 10 million copies of Mein Kampf by the end of WW2.
Have you ever read it? I tried because I like controversial books, but Mein Kampf is just boring.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#207329 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us.
Some other time.

La Veta, CO

#207330 Jan 24, 2014
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/20...

Propane has got real expensive.

Wow! Those poor people. What a spot to be caught in.

Propane used to be the backup for everything.
christINSANITY is evil

Fergus, Canada

#207331 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Many thousands of years of human existence and belief in one.
The complexity of design.
Relatively stable environment maintaining it.
Have your handler lift you up and move you over a tad. You have a scratch keeping you in the same groove.
How many years will it take for you to realize that belief is not Evidence!?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#207332 Jan 24, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I miss us kids picking blackberries for Gram to make jam.
You could smell it over several acres.
We used to do that as kids. Picking blackberries to put with apple in pies.

Sad to think that the bush where we picked them is now mainly new housing estates.
:-(

Mum taught me to make jam. It was always a marathon undertaking, school holiday stuff.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#207333 Jan 24, 2014
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>have you met 'Grouchy" Cat he more famous nationally than your Shah! abbnabnabnaaa
So is Garfield. So what?!
christINSANITY is evil

Fergus, Canada

#207334 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't want to be a diaper changer for eternity, youngin. I'm guessing, of course.
Though you think he should because he created you.
So, what do you "know"?
Just FYI
Atheists dont think god created them

carry on silly dude!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#207335 Jan 24, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Heya, DS.
They're wild all around where I grew up. In season, we all grew up purple.
Laffin.
We all used to get purple hands from my grandparents big mulberry tree. Mum didn't mind that so much, but would go off when I got it on my clothes.

I honestly thought the old nursery rhyme was about that tree. LOL

La Veta, CO

#207336 Jan 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some other time.
One allegement after another.
christINSANITY is evil

Fergus, Canada

#207337 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/201 4/01/23/medical-marijuana-stra in-has-hundreds-of-parents-flo cking-to-colorado/
Legalizing pot in CO is causing some parents to move there because their children need it to control seizures. Very low THC amounts, though.
And now you know why Big Pharma is against legal pot..
UidiotRacemakeWo rldpeace

United States

#207338 Jan 24, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Tide is growing before our eyes.
<quoted text>
I heard Sam Harris utter these words today on YouTube:
"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
It many those Religious nuts start to Use Logic... we all would not be in this world of mess at home and abraod, as Politic and religion should not mix !

La Veta, CO

#207339 Jan 24, 2014
christINSANITY is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
How many years will it take for you to realize that belief is not Evidence!?
Who cares?

Let me clue you into a reality, idiot.

The Greater Universe, God, or whatever was the creative force is putting YOU on trial, not the other way around.

They establish the rules of evidence, not you.

Ask Catcher.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#207340 Jan 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
So lawyers were hung from trees in America? "Teach" me.
What do you call a failed lawyer?

A politician.
christINSANITY is evil

Fergus, Canada

#207341 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly wasn't religion that caused its widespread use starting in the late 1800's.
It was science.
"Approximately 100,000 people in the United States have died, or are terminally ill, from asbestos exposure related to ship building."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos
That's just shipbuilding.
People didn't know it was that deadly then, would be my guess,or the employers simply didn't care if the workers got sick and died,,it's the Old Capitalist greed again..

La Veta, CO

#207342 Jan 24, 2014
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/20...

Funny video of a security camera catching a bear on a guy's front porch.

That turns into a second video that is a real close call with a car.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Mirrormirorwall 683,635
Kyrie makes it OFFICIAL: he's SICK of LeBron!!! 16 min Mirrormirorwall 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 983,094
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr River Tam 15,724
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 22
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 16
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Jake999 619,689
More from around the web