Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
198,681 - 198,700 of 224,422 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence? You have provided nothing other than babble belt and discovery institute clap trap and been out bid by three Popes against your archbishop.
Oh. You provided a Pope saying the Church accepts "Darwinism"?

I didn't see it. Could you post it again, please?

Remember, "evolution" and "Darwinism" are not the same.

I await your post. Surely you aren't lying about it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your archbishop and raise you 3 popes
Where did you get that definition from encyclopaedia Britannica for godbots? Certainly not a dictionary, hang on, just looked it up, sorry to disappoint you buck but the discovery institute does not count an academic source of definition
And even at your best attempt there is nothing in your own definition about materialism and atheism in there, more made up BS?
There you go again, I did not say any Pope does not believe god created life. This must be where you are getting confused, abiogenesis and evolution are two separate things, don’t worry though it’s typical of godbots to confuse and combine them.
As for the rest, all fluff and earwax and by you own definition unrelated to my statement
And you can use capital letters as much as you like, it makes no difference to the fact that I have seen your archbishop with 3 popes…
Did I say embrace??? Or is that another buckism wot u jus thunked up.
I said “accepts” so you lying BS just makes you even more of a liar.
Darwinism?

"Moreover, the Church teaches that the process of evolution is a planned and purpose-driven natural process, guided by God"

Nope. Still waiting for your post showing the Pope accepting Darwinism.

"Archbishop of Washington, Cardinal Theodore Edgar McCarrick, told reporters at the National Press Club last week a contemporary Catholic "need not say that creationism is the only answer -- that in six days or seven days, God made the world," according to the Associated Press.

McCarrick said this concept of "theistic evolution" – agreeing with Darwin's evolutionary theory, given that one accepts God’s guidance in the process -- was the view of the late Pope John Paul II."

Said McCarrick: "As long as in every understanding of evolution, the hand of God is recognized as being present, we can accept that."

Still no Darwinism.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's some good writing there.
Yes my melodious friend. You recognize marvelous truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

<quoted text>
I thought you were going to mention intelligent falling:
"Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory - KANSAS CITY, KS—As the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools continues, a new controversy over the science curriculum arose Monday in this embattled Midwestern state. Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now asserting that the long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they have responded to it with a new theory of Intelligent Falling. "Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence,'God' if you will, is pushing them down"
http://www.theonion.com/articles/evangelical-...
Have you heard about intelligent freezing?
"Some militant secularists believe that water freezes at 32°. The enlightened know that water freezes whenever God wants it to. This transition from water to ice is too complex to happen naturalistically at some random temperature."
http://s121.photobucket.com/user/your_inquire...
Can I play?

MICROSOFT DISCOVERS SOFTWARE EVOLUTION

Press Release:

Microsoft, Inc. announced today a new method of producing innovative computer software programs. It's called "Random variation and selection" Instead of incurring the billions of dollars in costs for having intelligent programmers and developers design new software programs, Microsoft decided they could get new, innovative systems by just randomly modifying old programs. A couple of low paid geeks will then select the modified programs that work best. The selectors, curiously, are blind people.

Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. You provided a Pope saying the Church accepts "Darwinism"?
I didn't see it. Could you post it again, please?
Remember, "evolution" and "Darwinism" are not the same.
I await your post. Surely you aren't lying about it.
Chrissy seems to be as mendacious as Crockthornton only much less smart . She apparently doesn't know saul alinski either.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Darwins Stepchild wrote:

As pointed out, Adam and Eve did not know the difference between good and evil. God had made them that way. Without a knowledge of good and evil, then they didn't KNOW they were doing wrong. But God punished them anyway.
But this God of yours is supposed to be all knowing and all merciful. This story shows him to be neither.
So what was he doing? Did he intend for humans to be vile sinners all along? Because according to the story, that is what he got.
Capiche?
Capisce.

You're not Biblically trained or educated.
N-th generation. Kinda like the n-th degree. That is, generations unlimited. From the mathematical use of "n" meaning an arbitrary number.
Oh. I've never seen it spelled that way, with the hyphen. Just "nth".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Correct.
But there is no direct observation and measurement of dark matter. All we have is it's supposed effects.
So if you see a rabbit's paw prints in the dirt, you automatically assume that a rabbit's been here.
Try doing that with no evidence of rabbits.
wilderide wrote:
I find it very confusing that you can be so keen about objective scientific evidence for dark matter, but not for God, which is presumably alot more important to you.
HA!

I win.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no sin.
M'kay, punkin

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

The buck stops with Adam and Eve. It's the human's fault, not the omniscient, omnipotent deity that made him as he was.
That is correct.

Take responsibility for you own actions, and all that that entails.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I play?
MICROSOFT DISCOVERS SOFTWARE EVOLUTION
Press Release:
Microsoft, Inc. announced today a new method of producing innovative computer software programs. It's called "Random variation and selection" Instead of incurring the billions of dollars in costs for having intelligent programmers and developers design new software programs, Microsoft decided they could get new, innovative systems by just randomly modifying old programs. A couple of low paid geeks will then select the modified programs that work best. The selectors, curiously, are blind people.
"Microsoft to Buy God

REDMOND, WA Microsoft Corporation today announced its intent to purchase, copyright, and upgrade God Himself. The new product would be named, predictably enough, "Microsoft God," and would be available to consumers sometime in late 1998, well before the millennium.

"Too many people feel separated from God in today's world," said Dave McCavaugh, director of Microsoft's new Religions division. "Microsoft God will make our Lord more accessible, and will add an easy, intuitive user interface to Him, making Him not only easier to find, but easier to communicate with."

The new Microsoft Religions line will be expanded to include a multitude of add-on products to Microsoft God, including:

Microsoft Crusades: This conversion product will bring all worshiper accounts and prayer files over from previous versions of God, or from competing products like Buddha or Allah.

Microsoft God for the World Wide Web: This product ties Microsoft God with Microsoft Internet Information Server, making our Lord accessible from the World Wide Web using a standard Web browser interface. It introduces several new Web technologies, including Dynamic Salvation and Active Prayer Pages (APP). Donations for the poor can be donated via a Secure Alms Server.

Microsoft Prayers: Using a Windows-based WYSIWYG interface, this product will allow worshipers to construct effective prayers in a minimum of time. A Secure Prayer Channel technology allows guaranteed delivery of the prayer to Microsoft God servers, and Prayer Wizards enable users to construct new types of prayers with a minimum learning curve.

Microsoft Savior: This product will allow worshipers to transfer their sins to its internal Vice Database. After a preset interval, the product will erase itself from the user's system and establish a clear line of secure communications to the user's Microsoft God server. Additionally, Microsoft is expected to announce a line of complimentary products for the new Religions line, which will enhance the functionality of the Microsoft God server product by providing a customized user interface. These interfaces will be based on popular religious sects, allowing worshipers to interact with the new God product in much the same way as the previous version. This line is expected to include Microsoft Protestant, Microsoft Catholicism, Microsoft Judaism (incompatible with Microsoft Savior), etc.

Competitor Netscape Communications denies rumors that it is planning to release a competing product, Netscape Satan, that would attempt to render Microsoft God installations inoperable." - anonymous

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

blacklagoon wrote:
No, we stop at stop signs and red lights for purely selfish reason, so we don't get killed or injured.
What the.....?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Chrissy seems to be as mendacious as Crockthornton only much less smart . She apparently doesn't know saul alinski either.
Mendacious? You are too polite, Mongo.

Topix is a great classroom, huh?

I bet you didn't know the Pope is an atheist, God was disproven by E=mc^2, and dinosaurs had no DNA.

Those 3 revelations alone are worth your time here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Which definition?
There are many.
Add - to combine two or more numbers together to form another final number - as in mathematics. i.e. If you add 1+1+1 together you get 3, not 1
Add - to place something with another object after a request or need for the object or substance. i.e Please add substance to your posts.
BTW - I only did that to prove that you already knew the answers, but were being deceptive by asking. That shows you are not being honest - even in the smallest way.
Why should anyone believe you.
IMO - you are no different than shrink, except in some small ways - you are more polite and intelligent.
Of course I was being deceptive in that, I know the definition of add.

I was taking a cue from the Topix Atheist! handbook.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are a dork
No need to look it up
I'm here to help you realize it
~sniggers

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't lie.
Your post clearly states:
Define: add
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
DOH!!
...or is.... o.0 ? Sometimes I'm not so sure on which one to use.
You're learning.

Impressive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

I did not say any Pope does not believe god created life.
Yes, you did, actually.

You said the Pope, and the entire chuch, accepts Darwinism.

That is saying they accept that God did not create life.

Chrissy Stalin, if you had simply admitted your use of the term "Darwinism" was wrong from the start, you could have saved yourself all this lying.

But then we would have missed the entertainment of watching you twist.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>"Microsoft to Buy God

REDMOND, WA Microsoft Corporation today announced its intent to purchase, copyright, and upgrade God Himself. The new product would be named, predictably enough, "Microsoft God," and would be available to consumers sometime in late 1998, well before the millennium.

"Too many people feel separated from God in today's world," said Dave McCavaugh, director of Microsoft's new Religions division. "Microsoft God will make our Lord more accessible, and will add an easy, intuitive user interface to Him, making Him not only easier to find, but easier to communicate with."

The new Microsoft Religions line will be expanded to include a multitude of add-on products to Microsoft God, including:

Microsoft Crusades: This conversion product will bring all worshiper accounts and prayer files over from previous versions of God, or from competing products like Buddha or Allah.

Microsoft God for the World Wide Web: This product ties Microsoft God with Microsoft Internet Information Server, making our Lord accessible from the World Wide Web using a standard Web browser interface. It introduces several new Web technologies, including Dynamic Salvation and Active Prayer Pages (APP). Donations for the poor can be donated via a Secure Alms Server.

Microsoft Prayers: Using a Windows-based WYSIWYG interface, this product will allow worshipers to construct effective prayers in a minimum of time. A Secure Prayer Channel technology allows guaranteed delivery of the prayer to Microsoft God servers, and Prayer Wizards enable users to construct new types of prayers with a minimum learning curve.

Microsoft Savior: This product will allow worshipers to transfer their sins to its internal Vice Database. After a preset interval, the product will erase itself from the user's system and establish a clear line of secure communications to the user's Microsoft God server. Additionally, Microsoft is expected to announce a line of complimentary products for the new Religions line, which will enhance the functionality of the Microsoft God server product by providing a customized user interface. These interfaces will be based on popular religious sects, allowing worshipers to interact with the new God product in much the same way as the previous version. This line is expected to include Microsoft Protestant, Microsoft Catholicism, Microsoft Judaism (incompatible with Microsoft Savior), etc.

Competitor Netscape Communications denies rumors that it is planning to release a competing product, Netscape Satan, that would attempt to render Microsoft God installations inoperable." - anonymous
*laughing so much my tea has in fact gone up my nose*
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mendacious? You are too polite, Mongo.
Topix is a great classroom, huh?
I bet you didn't know the Pope is an atheist, God was disproven by E=mc^2, and dinosaurs had no DNA.
Those 3 revelations alone are worth your time here.
Yeah, a dissembling Gal who eats bacon sandwiches with a Jew on the british Riviera. Watching topix can be like watching someone squeeze a blackhead out.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I was being deceptive in that, I know the definition of add.

I was taking a cue from the Topix Atheist! handbook.
Deception is a christian trait, own it dude, take responsibility for your actions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"Microsoft to Buy God
Do we still have to log on?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

655 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min StarC 533,127
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Hidingfromyou 721,754
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 min ajay 416
AMERICANS Wishes They Had Elected Mitt Romney 7 min andet1987 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Insults Are Easier 256,759
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 11 min yon 11
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 13 min andet1987 237
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min An NFL Fan 115,413
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Nixxi 84
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••