Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256652 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#207117 Jan 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
HL: this is what I'm talking about
Aw, y'all talk about lil ole me?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207118 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Strange that you'd capitalize "science" as if it's a proper noun.....
Catcher1 wrote:
Excellent rebuttal.
You're such a smart boy.
That wasn't a rebuttal, that was a query.

Smart guy.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#207119 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. One can only play if one has been indoctrinated.
Why don't you try to answer the challenge rather than trying to divert attention from the fact you can't.
Who are you to challenge?

There is more indoctrination behind your game of let's play challenger than any real intellect.

You seem to fancy yourself the Devil's advocate. Maybe for purposes of argumentation, Something you learned to do in high school or college discussions and associate with being smart.

You are in the real world now. This is not those little developing minds imitating intelligence games. What you think and do has lasting effects. Time for serious analysis on a level beyond what you are used to.

You should concentrate more of analyzing what is and less on playing "Oh, whaddabout". Get in the mode while you can.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207120 Jan 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Excellent rebuttal.
You're such a smart boy.
Why do you complain about me being a wiseass when half of your posts are equally wiseass-istical?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207121 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Then why did they hide?
You are a moron.
Since the apple is roundish, it's circumference is infinite in length, right?
Bwahahahahahahhahaha....
Apples are infinitely tasty...

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#207122 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did they hide?
You are a moron.
Since the apple is roundish, it's circumference is infinite in length, right?
Bwahahahahahahhahaha....
Try to exercise what little brains you have...

Given knowledge of good and evil, after eating the fruit, THEN they were aware they had effed up. After. Get it?

But before they ate the fruit, they didn't have that knowledge.

God punishing them for doing something they didn't know was bad would be like spanking a new born for wetting his pants.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207123 Jan 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Yeah but then you ruined it by blaming Atheists.
Strange that you capitalize "atheists" as if it's a proper noun.....

#207124 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of talking about actual contradictions in the Bible, of which there are many, you choose to make up stupid ones.
I prime indicator of your intelligence.
Bwahahahahahahah....
It wasn't I that started this line of discussion, pea wit.

And I will admit that there are many, many contradictions in the Bible. Thank yo for admitting that.

But I think that going right to the start and showing it has problems from the get-go is a worthwhile point.

So why don't you tell us your favorite contradiction in the Bible?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207125 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Oh, I see. One can only play if one has been indoctrinated.
Why don't you try to answer the challenge rather than trying to divert attention from the fact you can't.
No.

Just as I'm not qualified to dictate law or biology, y'all aren't qualified to interpret the Bible.

It's perfectly ok to concede, you know.

#207126 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's the {{fill in the blank}} holding me down.
Kinda like dark matter is just a fill in the blank for the unknown.
<quoted text>
Ya but dark matter has never been observed....
Which is why you believe in God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207127 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I agree, snakes do not talk. But the Bible claims there was this talking serpent, ya see, and he...
And serpent = snake, unless you believe Cecil was real.
BTW, Buck, you are always whining "I never said that. Show I said that!"
Well, here is a challenge for you Bucko...show where I ever said what you are claiming I said above. Put up or shut up.
<Actually, I don't expect Buck to either put up or shut up. He is very much a hypocrite, which is why he has no credibility. I can't fathom why Bongo grovels at Buck's feet.>
Ya, no.

All snakes are serpents but not all serpents are snakes.

Capisce?

#207128 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to challenge?
There is more indoctrination behind your game of let's play challenger than any real intellect.
You seem to fancy yourself the Devil's advocate. Maybe for purposes of argumentation, Something you learned to do in high school or college discussions and associate with being smart.
You are in the real world now. This is not those little developing minds imitating intelligence games. What you think and do has lasting effects. Time for serious analysis on a level beyond what you are used to.
You should concentrate more of analyzing what is and less on playing "Oh, whaddabout". Get in the mode while you can.
I see you are still dodging and weaving.

I love this..."You are in the real world now." Which is why you think everyone should believe your fairy tail, right?

#207129 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Just as I'm not qualified to dictate law or biology, y'all aren't qualified to interpret the Bible.
Oh, gee. I see. So I have to accept the word of some biblical authority? Even when what he says doesn't make sense?

Dude, we all interpret what we read.

The hypocrisy is astounding. I have to go to Biblical scholars and am not allowed to express my own opinion. But dimwit Buck shoots off his mouth about evolution and you lap up every word. Sad.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#207130 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you complain about me being a wiseass when half of your posts are equally wiseass-istical?
Catcher doesn't pretend to speak for God like you and other Christians do.

THAT is the difference.

"I think that ....." - honest person

"God says ....." - Christian liar

Note the difference.

#207131 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, no.
All snakes are serpents but not all serpents are snakes.
Capisce?
Um...care to point to a serpent that is not a snake?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#207132 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing what Buck says is like believing Velveeta is real cheese.
oh yeah, is ovaltine infinite?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#207133 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Thus sayeth the Supreme and Righteous Cherry Picker!

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#207134 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to exercise what little brains you have...
Given knowledge of good and evil, after eating the fruit, THEN they were aware they had effed up. After. Get it?
But before they ate the fruit, they didn't have that knowledge.
God punishing them for doing something they didn't know was bad would be like spanking a new born for wetting his pants.
Such a limited perspective you have. In addition to assuming meanings.

Spend some quality time trying to understand what that original knowledge of good and evil actually is, not what you are told it is.

If you had a monkey in your house that started playing at being an electrician and plumber would you leave it in the house while gone or kick it outside? Is that punishing or protecting?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#207135 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still dodging and weaving.
I love this..."You are in the real world now." Which is why you think everyone should believe your fairy tail, right?
Do you fnd the word "bobbing" offensive, gaychild?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#207136 Jan 24, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to have a problem with the operation of God? Maybe you could advise him on a better way to do things with his creation.
I could absolutely advice him on many of his creations. And i won't even charge him a consultation fee. So God, listen closely:

1.) Equip humans with the same advantages you gave whales and dolphins, one hole to breath from and the other to eat. This way thousands of deaths from choking while eating will be eliminated.

2.) You started with a good idea but never finished it, our skeletal structure should continue down from the sternum to protect our vital organs, did you lose the directions numbnuts?

3.) You failed to supply us with an effective defense mechanism for all those billions of parasitic organism you thought was such a good idea to flood the earth with. Don't you care about our safety and wellbeing? Guess not!!!

4.) Whats with wiring our eyes backwards and upside down, you stoned again? Not a very good job on the joints either, they wear out much to soon, and......Why the loss of bone density as we age, are you just trying to be a prick?

5.) Knowing full well the gravitational effects on the planet, who in their right mind would create a being that is basically a huge fragile bag of liquid, a mer fall can kill us. You really don't give a shit do you? See George Carlin was right!!!

Thats all for now, you really are a complete hack at creating, why don't you try your hand at some really cool natural disasters, you know like flooding the entire planet.........Oh wait, you already did that, and just to constantly remind us what a prick you are, you supplied us with rainbows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 974,097
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min truth 654,714
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min here 65,214
Where is all the females that will play on snap... 40 min Jtwyatt 1
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 45 min DENG 39,122
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 45 min Johnny 864
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 281,988
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 3 hr j4snowyfox69 47
More from around the web