Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#207079 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwinism?
"Moreover, the Church teaches that the process of evolution is a planned and purpose-driven natural process, guided by God"
Nope. Still waiting for your post showing the Pope accepting Darwinism.
"Archbishop of Washington, Cardinal Theodore Edgar McCarrick, told reporters at the National Press Club last week a contemporary Catholic "need not say that creationism is the only answer -- that in six days or seven days, God made the world," according to the Associated Press.
McCarrick said this concept of "theistic evolution" – agreeing with Darwin's evolutionary theory, given that one accepts God’s guidance in the process -- was the view of the late Pope John Paul II."
Said McCarrick: "As long as in every understanding of evolution, the hand of God is recognized as being present, we can accept that."
Still no Darwinism.
Honey we are not interested in what you believe Darwinism to be nor your pedantic cherry picking and deliberately ignoring the evidence

What I sat point here is what Darwinism is actually defined as

As I said, 3 popes beats one archbishop every time.

Keep trying…

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#207080 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA!!

Do you think that when Catch is gently nailing his cousin for the first time, does he start with his penis or the cucumber?
Another fine example of christianity.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#207081 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Correct.
But there is no direct observation and measurement of dark matter. All we have is it's supposed effects.
So if you see a rabbit's paw prints in the dirt, you automatically assume that a rabbit's been here.
Try doing that with no evidence of rabbits.
<quoted text>
HA!
I win.
Yes, you win little boy.

You're so smart!

I!m proud of you.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#207082 Jan 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, we stop at stop signs and red lights for purely selfish reason, so we don't get killed or injured.
Let me see you love the pervert that rapes and tortures one of your grandchildren, and when through, he murders them, tell me you love this person as you love yourself and I'll KNOW you are a bold faced liar.
How did dinosaurs reproduce if there was no DNA?

Is that why they went extinct?

#207083 Jan 24, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Chrissy seems to be as mendacious as Crockthornton only much less smart . She apparently doesn't know saul alinski either.
As I have said repeatedly to buck 3 Popes beats an archbishop

Whether you know anything about what we are discussing is quite doubtful judging by your pathetic and ignorant input. However if you have anything pertinent to say then feel free.

Ahh yes Saul Alinsky
Once you accept your own death, all of a sudden you're free to live. You no longer care about your reputation. You no longer care except so far as your life can be used tactically to promote a cause you believe in.

So we have more bongo lies and guesswork, well done, keep it up

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#207084 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
We already know about the sun. If not, there would be no such thing as "sunlight".
We also know about squirrels, or there would be no such thing as squirrel tracks.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207085 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...and one more thing.
If God's will can be thwarted by a talking snake, then...
God is not omnipotent.
Hey, DeadWood.

Snakes do not talk.

If the snake curls up in a circle, his length is infinite, right?

Bwahahahahahahahahha....

#207086 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mendacious? You are too polite, Mongo.
Topix is a great classroom, huh?
I bet you didn't know the Pope is an atheist, God was disproven by E=mc^2, and dinosaurs had no DNA.
Those 3 revelations alone are worth your time here.
Ahh more buckism - so because the pope does not believe in the university of buck then he must be atheist? How pathetic you are.

More buckism – you seem to have omitted the omnipotent bit but we have come to expect cherry picking form you

Who said dinosaurs had no DNA? Certainly not me so maybe you are even more confused than you hope you are

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#207087 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
It's new and improved.
Prove your hands exist.
Begin.
HL: this is what I'm talking about

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207088 Jan 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, again, if they did not know good from evil, how could they have known disobeying God was evil?
<quoted text>
They died just as they would have anyway. Presumably after Eve had incestuous sex with her son/grandchildren.
<quoted text>
It seems rather foolish to rely on faith alone when you could have simply sought the actual scientific evidence for yourself to verify it. If my life was at stake, I certainly would have done some extra research.
That's why religion is so harmful; there is no objective evidence to back it up, only faith and baseless claims.
<quoted text>
What about the talking donkey in Numbers?
<quoted text>
What was the necessity for placing that tree there at all? And why right in front of them? Obviously, it was a set-up.
It doesn't matter if they knew it was evil. They knew it was disobeying God.

They also didn't have to know the apple was rich in Potassium.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#207089 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that you'd capitalize "science" as if it's a proper noun.....
Excellent rebuttal.

You're such a smart boy.

#207090 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you did, actually.
You said the Pope, and the entire chuch, accepts Darwinism.
That is saying they accept that God did not create life.
Chrissy Stalin, if you had simply admitted your use of the term "Darwinism" was wrong from the start, you could have saved yourself all this lying.
But then we would have missed the entertainment of watching you twist.
No I didn’t

Don’t lie, it does not become you

Actually yes it does become you, it seems lying is your default state

Did I not provide links to show that you are talking out of our butt crack?

Of course I did and you, as usual choose to ignore them or cherry pick them, the typical mark of the deliberately ignorant.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207091 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
As pointed out, Adam and Eve did not know the difference between good and evil. God had made them that way. Without a knowledge of good and evil, then they didn't KNOW they were doing wrong. But God punished them anyway.
Then why did they hide?

You are a moron.

Since the apple is roundish, it's circumference is infinite in length, right?

Bwahahahahahahhahaha....

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207092 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
As pointed out, Adam and Eve did not know the difference between good and evil. God had made them that way. Without a knowledge of good and evil, then they didn't KNOW they were doing wrong. But God punished them anyway.
But this God of yours is supposed to be all knowing and all merciful. This story shows him to be neither.
So what was he doing? Did he intend for humans to be vile sinners all along? Because according to the story, that is what he got.
Capiche?
N-th generation. Kinda like the n-th degree. That is, generations unlimited. From the mathematical use of "n" meaning an arbitrary number.
Instead of talking about actual contradictions in the Bible, of which there are many, you choose to make up stupid ones.

I prime indicator of your intelligence.

Bwahahahahahahah....

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207094 Jan 24, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Baby steps. Investigating the unconscious may be the most difficult frontier. We have just begun.
Was there any specific part of Harris' thesis that you wanted to critique? I find it very constructive and life affirming.
I find it presumptuous, exaggerated, and creepy.

Proposing a race of zombies. Material reductionism to the extreme.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#207095 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's the {{fill in the blank}} holding me down.
Kinda like dark matter is just a fill in the blank for the unknown.
Tide with Beach wrote:
No, it's a label for something observed.
It is identifiable as something distinct. We don't need to, and necessarily can't know, everything about it.
Ya but dark matter has never been observed....

#207096 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you on this one - that you have had mockery all your life.
I don't see it ending anytime soon.
True not when there are ignorant christians about, and with people like you to help keep the godbot score up I to don’t see it ending anytime soon

But it’s what we have to endure

#207097 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you are going about masturbation all wrong.
Oh, I can assure you that I am not

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207098 Jan 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Logically, I cannot use empirical evidence to prove a negative. Sorry.
Sin is a religious concept, and so yes, you need a deity to have sin. Although it should be said that there are religions (with deities) which do not have a concept of sin.
No, you do not need a deity to have sin.

You do not even have to have a deity to have religion. In fact, that is the case you now theorize.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#207099 Jan 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you know anything about what we are discussing is quite doubtful judging by your pathetic and ignorant input. However if you have anything pertinent to say then feel free.,
Ok my mellifluous friend but, the input you desire is logistically impossible at this time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 hr Drumpf Disaster 46,224
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Johnny 388
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr kent 691,985
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Aura Mytha 990,681
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,704
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 6 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
More from around the web