Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255494 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#206668 Jan 23, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, your "deity" tried that before with the biblical flood/deluge, and it was a failure.
Your "deity" is more successful at failing than succeeding at what it wanted to accomplish.
if at first you don't succeed try try again. To bad youre just a mortal with only approx. 24,000 days given to you, if youre lucky. A third of them spent sleeping, a third working , and the rest, to young and dumb or to old and decrepit. Now Scar, don't you have some cleaning and maintenance to do?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#206669 Jan 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your God sucks at designing things, the list is long of things this demon God was supposed to create, and created them with multiple flaws.
You are so very wrong, the "wise" person never trusts, he searches for the correct answer, he NEVER takes things for face value. The "Wise" person is a skeptic who questions EVERYTHING. It is the "unwise" person who indulges in gullibility, trusting that for which there is no evidence.
Thanks for proving my claim. This is why I said defacto wise people.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#206670 Jan 23, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> if at first you don't succeed try try again. To bad youre just a mortal with only approx. 24,000 days given to you, if youre lucky. A third of them spent sleeping, a third working , and the rest, to young and dumb or to old and decrepit. Now Scar, don't you have some cleaning and maintenance to do?
Just a hint, Bongo. If you you wish to sound intelligent in a written discussion, you might want to investigate the word "too". And the use of apostrophes.

And just what is your point here? Yes we are mortal. Does this mean you approve of making sh*t up to answer questions you don't know the answer to?

#206671 Jan 23, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for proving my claim. This is why I said defacto wise people.
So you consider it wiser to accept the fairy tales told by your parents than to investigate and decide for yourself?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#206672 Jan 23, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Bongo said, "God did it the easy way". So Bongo is saying that his all powerful god is lazy.:-)
quote marks, sploogechild. Where is the post?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#206673 Jan 23, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>Just a hint, Bongo. If you you wish to sound intelligent in a written discussion, you might want to investigate the word "too". And the use of apostrophes.

And just what is your point here? Yes we are mortal. Does this mean you approve of making sh*t up to answer questions you don't know the answer to?
I think he has made that abundantly clear.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#206674 Jan 23, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a hint, Bongo. If you you wish to sound intelligent in a written discussion, you might want to investigate the word "too". And the use of apostrophes.
When a mortal man with all his frailties rails against a ancient and powerful deity he must have forgotton his own destitute powerless state. grammar admonishment acknowledged
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#206675 Jan 23, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
So you consider it wiser to accept the fairy tales told by your parents than to investigate and decide for yourself?
You anti-process that the faithful have a great gift. We know that we know that we know.

#206676 Jan 23, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> When a mortal man with all his frailties rails against a ancient and powerful deity he must have forgotton his own destitute powerless state. grammar admonishment acknowledged
Show me that this "ancient and powerful deity" exists. Until you do, you are just blowing hot air. You don't seem to understand this.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#206677 Jan 23, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>When a mortal man with all his frailties rails against a ancient and powerful deity he must have forgotton his own destitute powerless state. grammar admonishment acknowledged
Which modern and completely powerless deity?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#206678 Jan 23, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>You anti-process that the faithful have a great gift. We know that we know that we know.
Translation: "But, but, my mama said!"

#206679 Jan 23, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You anti-process that the faithful have a great gift. We know that we know that we know.
No, I don't "anti-precess" this. I understand that you THINK you have a great gift. I do not accept that it is a great gift. I think the idea of religious faith is one of the greatest detriments to the human condition. It makes people willing to accept things that are completely irrational, and to reject the entire concept of skepticism.

Just look at yourself for an example.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#206680 Jan 23, 2014
I think this is lovely but at the same time kinda sad that people cannot let others be happy.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/01/houston-ma...
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#206681 Jan 23, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't "anti-precess" this. I understand that you THINK you have a great gift. I do not accept that it is a great gift. I think the idea of religious faith is one of the greatest detriments to the human condition. It makes people willing to accept things that are completely irrational, and to reject the entire concept of skepticism.
Just look at yourself for an example.
I do and so have many others, My life is in fact, an extraordinary example of what God can do. You are tendentious and biased against religion because of some issues you've had in the past.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#206682 Jan 23, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Awwww what an adorable display of christian love, the two envious failures are forming a racist alliance.
HA HA!!

Ya, we're being racist against lawyers...

o.O

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#206683 Jan 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ya kinda got it wrong here: What's the difference between a lawyer and God? One is real, the other something only imagined. Can you guess which one is real?
God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#206684 Jan 23, 2014
Skombolis wrote:

Hey at least he isn't your lawyer. Think of the billable hours you would get hit with! He certainly spends a lot of his time on you!
I was curious about something too. He backs whatever HL says and she says at 6 months a baby's default morality kicks in and a baby knows right from wrong and even feels remorse when doing the wrong thing. So why would tapping a baby on the butt be a problem if the baby is old enough to know right from wrong?
I'd ask Catcher but I know he won't answer it
Shiiiiiiit, you think he'd answer me?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#206685 Jan 23, 2014
timn17 wrote:
Essentially, yes, there is no choice in the matter. The brain's reward center becomes physically altered.
Oh my.....

There's no choice in being a drug addict?!?!?!?

How bout the choice of never doing drugs to begin with?

You're nuts.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#206686 Jan 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA!!

Ya, we're being racist against lawyers...

o.O
I don't expect you to understand your own country's history.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#206687 Jan 23, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You're like a Monty Python character.
My belief in intuition is equal to my belief in the color orange. Get it?
"Intuition" is merely a category label for some thought processes that take place at an unconscious level.
You desperately want to find an inconsistency, but that won't be possible.
In any case, you believe certain things exist without evidence.

They're just "not fully understood".....

Way to go, rational skeptic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Bongo 48,128
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 min DENG 38,716
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min VIKING 971,586
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 42 min Johnny 328
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 646,369
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Puppet master 105,553
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Just Wondering 618,557
More from around the web