Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#206524 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> None other have succoured me. None other have a valid means of atonement. None other are alive.
How do you know? You just picked the closest deity that is culturally familiar to you. Considering there are thousands upon thousands of others, the likelihood that you are guessing correctly is vanishingly small. Not to mention the odds that, even within Christianity, you also chose the right sect (of which there are around 41,000).

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#206525 Jan 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your derision. You prefer to beat women.
You are a scumbag.
Thanks for proving you love scumbags.

"I love scumbags." -Ben

San Francisco

#206526 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> why the strawman? or is it a non sequitur or a red herring?
Merely pointing out that, again, education and income are not necessarily correlated to either a person's morals or how praiseworthy they are.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#206528 Jan 22, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Her addiction was out of sight. Shed be living in different towns with different guys. At the time I lived up north and out of the blue she called me. Thing is the day before her brother told me she might and to not give her any money, I never heard from her again. She pawed her sons crib at one point.
Boy, she sounds like a winner.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#206529 Jan 22, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists are Satan the devil's children.
Have you threatened to rape anyone today? How loving christian of you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#206530 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't God love Satan?
Are you talking about the real God or the Topix Atheist nonexistent god

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#206531 Jan 22, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I miss us kids picking blackberries for Gram to make jam.

You could smell it over several acres.
I've a few little scars from doing that.

Hey mac :-)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#206532 Jan 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't disown my sons for that. I'd be very disappointed in them, for sure. But disowning for that seems a bit harsh.
But to each his own...
Kinda like disowning someone for having cancer and costing you a lot of money.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#206533 Jan 22, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again your selling yourself short.........
Hows that, I usually only do that with stocks
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#206534 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How is skepticism faith?
Because you cant objectively verify that there is no God notwithstanding he is arcane. You cant objectively verify where life came from.

San Francisco

#206535 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>. He shows me grace and sent his son as a sacrifice for me.
You don't think a deity that demands the torture and killing of an innocent person is rather creepy? Not to mention the whole idea of substitutional sacrifice: don't you think people should be responsible for their own actions?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#206536 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> WRONG, THATS THE PROBLEM DISSENTERS LIKE YOU FACE.. I love the lord, because he first loved me. He shows me grace and sent his son as a sacrifice for me. Gave me my wife and kids. What a great God.
Right, right, rigggght...

"PRAISE PANGU!"
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#206537 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? You just picked the closest deity that is culturally familiar to you. Considering there are thousands upon thousands of others, the likelihood that you are guessing correctly is vanishingly small. Not to mention the odds that, even within Christianity, you also chose the right sect (of which there are around 41,000).
I have anecdotal evidence . Its insufficient to skeptics . It.s satisfactory to me . America the USA is a special place. Israel is still around. Imagine that. Such a small hated country, yet we are there for them.

San Francisco

#206538 Jan 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the real God or the Topix Atheist nonexistent god
The real God, Quetzalcoatl, of course.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#206539 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Merely pointing out that, again, education and income are not necessarily correlated to either a person's morals or how praiseworthy they are.
You could have used Bill Maher to make that point. A political figure who'll stoop to any level for a buck..........

But instead you chose to compare Coulter to Hitler.

And I didnt think you had a sense of humor..........
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#206540 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Authoritarians... are clueless , i Agree with you! Did hyou you have mature/old Soul for understanding complexity of humanity nuances...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#206541 Jan 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving you don't know history.
Within history,'the Satan!" is a mythic figure from a book of historical fiction or what is commonly referred to as myth.

You just believe it is literal.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#206542 Jan 22, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was very catty of her.
i thought Ann CULTler a warring reptilian?

Bhahahahaaa

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#206543 Jan 22, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda like disowning someone for having cancer and costing you a lot of money.
No, it's not like that at all.

That girl he was talking about chose a life of drugs and sex and partying instead of a life of work and responsibility.

Big difference.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#206545 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Hows that, I usually only do that with stocks
LOL you too...

Your wife and kids was your doings not a Gods...... you can realize that w/o taking anything away from the christian God.

If you give him credit for those things you have to give him credit for the child thats chained in his bedroom, not allowed to go to the bathroom, and starved and beaten. Its happening right now in probably thousands of homes across the nation and certainly the world. those kids are desperatly seeking a way out. Wheres god? Helping someone find a wife and kids?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Phooey 646,344
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min here 47,930
Gay Teens/Adults in Austin, Texas for meetups (Jun '15) 9 min Joseph 5
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min Lbj 105,578
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Journey 971,570
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,707
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr Brian_G 12
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Neville Thompson 281,222
More from around the web