Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239082 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Bongo

Coram, NY

#206440 Jan 22, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll retract the scum comment.
Ann Coulter is filth.
Better?
Precisely why?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#206441 Jan 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not Darwinism. Chrissy said the church accepted Darwinism. They did not.
Thanks for the wasted effort.
You already proved you don't know sh!t about Darwin so just STFU.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#206442 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point of having a wager if one is omniscient? Furthermore, are you suggesting that it's OK to torture and kill people for the sake of an experiment? Is it moral to murder ten innocent children as long as they are replaced by ten more later? How does that work?
It was to prove a mans faith to Satan. Satan thought Job would reject God over hardship. Even his wife said Curse God and die already. Job prevailed much to satans chagrin . Btw satan is not omniscient, he even claimed if he knew the work of Jesus he would not have crucified him. what a sucker.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#206443 Jan 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Windbag Competition Update:
"We have a new leader!"
My apologies for scrolling past your seemingly infinite pages of superfluous posts. Had you not brought this to my attention I might have failed to remember your name, and that you also contended.

Congratulations on your win. My bad.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#206444 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> It was to prove a mans faith to Satan. Satan thought Job would reject God over hardship. Even his wife said Curse God and die already. Job prevailed much to satans chagrin . Btw satan is not omniscient, he even claimed if he knew the work of Jesus he would not have crucified him. what a sucker.
I was not implying that Satan was omniscient. If God is omniscient, then what is the point of a bet? Moreover, why would God feel obliged to prove anything to Satan, especially if it involved murdering ten innocent children? How can that possibly be viewed as loving or moral?
Bongo

Coram, NY

#206445 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus makes no differentiation about some wealth being OK; he said very clearly that Heaven is barred to everyone who is rich, regardless.
There will be no rich people and their attitudes or having the better in heaven. They cant buy a liver, or escape justice or get better seats etc. You leave here naked and if you were rich, which I suppose every American is in relative terms, it would have been wise for you to have gotten it honestly and then been rich towards God in your stewardship of it. To he who much is given much is expected.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#206446 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That just proves an expensive education and a high income are not necessarily correlated to a person's value.
Whats all the vitriol towards here, seems like more than disagreement. Ive seen her on rielyy a few times. Seemed like a smart Gal.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#206447 Jan 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the hell do you dream up this sh!t ?
You can't even post what Darwin's theories are!
I might be the only one here who can.

Bongo

Coram, NY

#206448 Jan 22, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I've come to like you and value our relationship.
Thanks, Man

Location hidden

#206450 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Precisely why?
'Cause she likes David Barton.

Location hidden

#206451 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> There will be no rich people and their attitudes or having the better in heaven. They cant buy a liver, or escape justice or get better seats etc. You leave here naked and if you were rich, which I suppose every American is in relative terms, it would have been wise for you to have gotten it honestly and then been rich towards God in your stewardship of it. To he who much is given much is expected.
I plan to leave here naked - between two women.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#206452 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's wrong because it's "unnatural"? That's clearly circular reasoning. As for whether it's genetic or not, how do you know it's not? Have you presented your scientific paper on the subject for peer-review and publication yet? And even if it were purely choice, what difference would that make? You still haven't established why homosexuality is bad, except to say that it's wrong because it's wrong.
And since you claim it's a choice, does that imply that you could choose to be gay? How is it you know how being gay works better than gay people themselves? I'd be very interested to learn how that works.
<quoted text>
So slavery is OK if there are even more immoral things afoot? Wha?
<quoted text>
Women are of less worth than men? What's the rationale for that?
<quoted text>
I see. So it would be beneficial for you to be sold as a slave if your owner was wealthier than you, correct?
1) Its natural for a man to have love for another man. Where does homo start, with anal sex? Tell me how your ass is designed for intercourse. I don't know how gay works but I know what the maker of man says. I also know its caused by strong delusion and family dynamics . Even latent homos who just cant "handle" women. 2) Only the poor sold a female into slavery. They surely probably got a better ;life. Why are females of less value, Theyre the weaker but you may want to consult the Chinese on that.

Location hidden

#206453 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Whats all the vitriol towards here, seems like more than disagreement. Ive seen her on rielyy a few times. Seemed like a smart Gal.
That's the problem.

A smart conservative woman who speaks her mind is a paradigm-buster for libs like Catcher and Wild Rice. Conservatives are supposed to oppress women.

Same goes for smart conservative black people. That's why they hate Clarence Thomas.

And Ted Cruz.(part hispanic)

Liberal paradigm busters.

Location hidden

#206454 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That just proves an expensive education and a high income are not necessarily correlated to a person's value.
It doesn't hurt. Might have helped you.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#206455 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Whats all the vitriol towards here, seems like more than disagreement. Ive seen her on rielyy a few times. Seemed like a smart Gal.
The vitriol comes from her outspoken conservative views. Only Maher, Maddow, Matthews, Olberman, etc. etc. Can express their views. Republican (and most especially Republican women) must keep their mouths shut or have themselves and their families belittled to no end.

Its just the liberal way........

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#206456 Jan 22, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
OK, I'll retract the scum comment.
Ann Coulter is filth.
Better?
Naw, that's not insulting...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#206457 Jan 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I might be the only one here who can.
Yet you never have proved that.
All you do is babble nonsense to evade answering anyone. A typical Christ-stain.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#206458 Jan 22, 2014
Fact number one upon which Evolution theory rests:

If you don't reproduce your DNA becomes extinct.

Or to put it humorously:

If your parents didn't have nay children, you won't either.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#206459 Jan 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So the referee can say a touchdown counts for 10 points. That's just "interpreting" the rule book.
I see.
Thanks for another clarification.
I wonder if you're just being contrary, or thick?

I'd like to think you're just being contrary, for your own amusement. Please don't clarify, leave me my fantasy that you're an intelligent being, and just arguing for it's own sake. First, Santa ain't real, then the Bible stories, now this. I don't think I could take another disappointment.

Just in case - there's the framework established by the Constitution, then there's the laws that conform to that Constitutional framework, then there's the rules of a cross-cultural game that have nothing to do with that Constitution.

So, no, the ref can't say a TD counts for 10, and keep his job.

Only his firing might have some bearing on Constitutional protections. Somehow. I'm sure some labor lawyer could think of something. But there's no connection between the rules of a cross-cultural game, and the fluid and dynamic interpretation of the Constitution through the years.

Only someone thick in the head would think it does, and be serious.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#206460 Jan 22, 2014
Fact number two upon which Evolution theory rests:

If you the environment changes so much that you can't survive, your DNA becomes extinct.

Or to put it humorously:

Tigers do not live in Antarctica for a reason..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min River Tam 837,794
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min dollarsbill 4,227
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 11 min Havi 90
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 15 min SiddiqAhmed 693
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 45 min Tony17 446
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 53 min Naveen kumar 1,439
ER $luts 59 min Trouble maker 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Tony17 589,734
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 612,163
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr set free in truth 176,854
More from around the web