Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255568 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#206462 Jan 22, 2014
Just Think wrote:
Haven't you people learned yet that Buck will split hairs into the infinite that he doesn't believe in so as to never have to admit he's wrong?
He isn't alone. All the religitards here do that. That is why we call them religitards.

There are many intelligent and well spoken theists, most of them do not hang out on Topix.

I even know some wonderful loving Christians !

“"None shall pass"”

There

#206463 Jan 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, that's not insulting...
If she was black YOU would call her a monkey.

Friggin hypocrite !

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#206464 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
As I see it a pursuit of Earthly wealth is a tacit acknowledgement that one doesn't really believe in heaven. Just as a fear of death is.
I recall a preacher, in a rare and fleeting fit of honesty, preaching about Jesus' attitude about wealth accumulation, wondered out loud if any Western Christian will qualify for heaven. He didn't dwell on it, but I was amazed to even hear that bit.

And this guy was a staunch conservative Republican in all other things.

“The future begins”

every moment

#206465 Jan 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Holly Sh!t Buck!
Do you fuckweasels even know what Darwin's "theory" was ?
It is well documented and well proven. You yourself are living proof that it is correct.
Buck has a problem differentiating Darwin's theory from social Darwinism, and that mash-up colors his every pronouncement on the subject.

“The future begins”

every moment

#206466 Jan 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also pursued wealth..
You are a hoot, a walking WTF moment.......LOL!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#206467 Jan 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Fact number one upon which Evolution theory rests:
If you don't reproduce your DNA becomes extinct.
Or to put it humorously:
If your parents didn't have nay children, you won't either.
Thanks for proving you don't know jack shit about evolution.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#206468 Jan 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Fact number two upon which Evolution theory rests:
If you the environment changes so much that you can't survive, your DNA becomes extinct.
Or to put it humorously:
Tigers do not live in Antarctica for a reason..
If you die, you're dead.

Amazing scientific factoid.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#206469 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Precisely why?
I offered my opinion of Coulter.

I prefer not to waste any more time on her.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#206470 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Whats all the vitriol towards here, seems like more than disagreement. Ive seen her on rielyy a few times. Seemed like a smart Gal.
She is just a troll who is paid to say shocking things to grab attention to the networks who pay her to be on. Like a more extreme version of Bill O'Reilly.

San Francisco

#206471 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> 1) Its natural for a man to have love for another man. Where does homo start, with anal sex? Tell me how your ass is designed for intercourse. I don't know how gay works but I know what the maker of man says. I also know its caused by strong delusion and family dynamics .
You don't know "how it works", but you presume to know what causes it? LOL! Okaaaay.
Only the poor sold a female into slavery. They surely probably got a better ;life. Why are females of less value, Theyre the weaker but you may want to consult the Chinese on that.
So something is moral if something else is even less moral? Wha?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#206472 Jan 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, that's not insulting...
Says the proud redneck who hits women and calls black kids "monkeys".

Inter alia.

San Francisco

#206473 Jan 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't hurt. Might have helped you.
And you know about my education and income...how?

San Francisco

#206474 Jan 22, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I recall a preacher, in a rare and fleeting fit of honesty, preaching about Jesus' attitude about wealth accumulation, wondered out loud if any Western Christian will qualify for heaven. He didn't dwell on it, but I was amazed to even hear that bit.
And this guy was a staunch conservative Republican in all other things.
I personally don't see why, within Christian ideology, wealth should be an inherent barrier to heaven. Obviously, one can be wealthy and moral. But Jesus said what Jesus said, according to the gospel of Matthew anyway.

San Francisco

#206475 Jan 22, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Buck has a problem differentiating Darwin's theory from social Darwinism, and that mash-up colors his every pronouncement on the subject.
I have never understood how some people can't seem to differentiate between the physical process of evolution and human ethics.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#206476 Jan 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not implying that Satan was omniscient. If God is omniscient, then what is the point of a bet? Moreover, why would God feel obliged to prove anything to Satan, especially if it involved murdering ten innocent children? How can that possibly be viewed as loving or moral?
How do you know they were innocent. Ive explained twice that the story suggests otherwise. A maker of something can do as he wishes with impunity, even if they were innocent. You just don't know how insignificant man is.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#206477 Jan 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving you don't know jack shit about evolution.
You really are a trifecta of Christianity. A moron, a liar and a lunatic.

The Bible says God hates you. I don't. You are just a dog turd on the sidewalk of life. Something that should be discarded with no feelings attached.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#206478 Jan 22, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's unfair.
I respect a conservative who is honest and decent.
Coulter, in my view, is neither.
What did you expect from a sorta sexy blond woman in front of a camera?
The truth? Some stuff that gets her in front the camera...or assorted bullshyte that naturally flows out of the media whores? Same deal with Palin, I like them both, but only trust them with your money, and when they get it please persuade them to give us a nice rack shot, and try to get a wardrobe malfunction in it , we like them even better....:)>
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#206479 Jan 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem.
A smart conservative woman who speaks her mind is a paradigm-buster for libs like Catcher and Wild Rice. Conservatives are supposed to oppress women.
Same goes for smart conservative black people. That's why they hate Clarence Thomas.
And Ted Cruz.(part hispanic)
Liberal paradigm busters.
She not a smart Conservative (very few left )but is war mongering NeoConservative! She not smart because she divide us Americans to wars! You ignorant ignorumus of man fool for her radio shock jock propaganda filth... Wake up Stupid!Q And,fyi i'M Not A LIB!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#206480 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> How do you know they were innocent. Ive explained twice that the story suggests otherwise.....
The story says no such thing.

Thanks for perpetuating misinformation. It is what you religitards do best.

San Francisco

#206481 Jan 22, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> How do you know they were innocent. Ive explained twice that the story suggests otherwise. A maker of something can do as he wishes with impunity, even if they were innocent. You just don't know how insignificant man is.
And you think such a deity, assuming it existed, is not only worthy of respect, but worship?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min guest 647,090
for fiend friend 4 min ravi 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min Steve III 44,732
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 16 min Steve III 389
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Neville Thompson 281,295
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 46 min nanoanomaly 49,688
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 58 min andet1987 2,118
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 105,693
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr The Hangman 971,830
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 14 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web