Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 253597 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Happy MMXVI!!!”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#203891 Jan 17, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where I learn about what Christianity is. Hundreds of thousands of posts over a half decade comprise an excellent cross-section, yet we still hear the faithful telling us that you can't judge the religion by this congregation here or those three posters there as Riverside Redneck has done repeatedly.
Sure, there are all personalities of Christians posting here, with some as good people as the best humanists. But there disproportionately too many of the KiMares and destroy atheisms, and that is the work and the legacy of the church: to paint a spectrum of humanity using too many of the dark colors.
You can compare it to a picture or TV in black and white. Like there's only 2 things: right and wrong.

Anyone would prefer to watch it is colour. Unless they love old movies. Otherwise: BRING ON THE SPECTRUM! Let's enjoy life in all its colours.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#203892 Jan 17, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of the thousands of alleged gods do you think I should thank?
I'd tell you, but I don't think your request is genuine.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#203893 Jan 17, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I very carefully did NOT try to indoctrinate her into any system of thought.
I did, however, try to teach her to think. Science and logic, evidence - stuff like that.
She was Wiccan Lite for a while. I had no objection.
She became atheist all on her own, and I've rarely been prouder.
If you defined atheism for her, she doesn't know what it is.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#203894 Jan 17, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
How very godbot of you. I do love it when you post nice racist comments and insults, your god must be so proud of you.
Anyway I thought you said you were leaving or was that just another lie?
You know what it is, Richie? He just can't stand the fact the blackfellas are better hung.

That's old Bongo 1"

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#203895 Jan 17, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...
I had a couple of JWs come to the door once. I told them I wasn't interested in conversions, as it wasn't the football season.
I like the JWs. If I am busy they say thank you and leave. If I want to talk they will spend the day talking without being nasty.

My favorite was a JW couple who spent a Saturday afternoon with me. They left with one of my copies of the Tao Te Ching and with more questions than answers.

"Do not hide your light under a basket."

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#203896 Jan 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in Southern California, not the Bible Belt....
<quoted text>
Nothing. That's the point.
<quoted text>
And Hitler studied Darwinsim, that's where he got his "Master Race" idea from.
Survival of the fittest and all that shit.
Does that mean you are not swayed by babble belt rhetoric? Methinks you are.

Exactly… So wtf do you even consider it an argument? As I have already informed buck, Darwinism is accepted by the catholic church and ohhhh I bet you cannot guess what cult of christianity Hitler was…

Hitler also studied christianity during the most receptive years of his life, the time in a child’s life where good preachers realise (even if you don’t) that a person is exceptionally susceptible to conditioning/indoctrination.

#203897 Jan 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"The entire catholic church (who make up the majority of christianity) is quite happy to accept Darwinism,"
...Another bald-faced lie from Mrs. Stalin.
Catholicism – 1.2 billion members – the other 4,000 different sects of the Christian religion have to share the other approximately one billion members of the Christian faith. So no lie there then.

In the 1950 encyclical Humani generis, Pope Pius XII confirmed that there is no intrinsic conflict between Christianity and the theory of evolution, provided that Christians believe that the individual soul is a direct creation by God and not the product of purely material forces.

See http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xii/en...

So no lie there then.

So no lies but FACTS. Two facts that totally screw up the lies of Mr Liar.

#203898 Jan 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a great setup line for a joke.
"A Jew and a Moron are sharing a bacon sandwich,..."
Surely you mean “Jewish” person and not “Jew”, I really did not realise you were so bigoted…

So sorry, I did not realise you ate bacon too, I though you were a towel ‘ed

#203899 Jan 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Great logic, Mrs. Stalin.
Employing your logic further, a Christian should accept a claim that Jesus was an alligator.
Or a grasshopper.
You are ever the logician.
Nope you have not the slightest comprehension of logic, logic seems anathema to you.

Yeshua ben Pantera was a terrorist but you want to think of him as an alligator then feel free

#203900 Jan 17, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> lol makin bacon. Some guys will do anything for a bj you ol sow.
You would know, your preacher looks forward to you opening you mouth to him.

#203901 Jan 17, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
Why? Because he is not your jesus?
Hell you jesus is not the original so why the downer on someone else’s view?
A’hh I get it, religion, right?
New Age asks:
How is one to determine the "original Jesus"?
Who makes that decision?
It seems that anyone who feels like it, anyone with the mindstate to need jesus props will make up there own version of jesus

Then of course are the commonly acceptable stories

There is jesus the prophet as seen by Jews and Muslims

There is Yesua ben Pantera as seen in Tanakh and hence Jews as the son of Julius Pantera

There is jesus the saviour as variously seen by various different christian sects.

There is Yesua ben Pantera the terrorist as seen by contemporary Romans and many current day non Christians – sometimes written as Yesua ben Pandira or Yeshua ben Panthera. His fathers grave is in Germany and the name on that grave is Pantera

There is the Mormon version of Jesus

There is the Nazi version of Jesus

As for the “original” jesus here are a few from the time of the babble stories
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/surfeit.htm

#203902 Jan 17, 2014
Francine_Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you just share the same attitude.
And the same god

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#203903 Jan 17, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Substitute leprechaun or vampire for God in that sentence, and then answer your question yourself.
<quoted text>
Such as your god hypothesis?
How about a leprechaun hypothesis? Are you willing to go out on that limb and take a bullshit guess against leprechauns? I don't see how you can. We don't even know the size of the universe. Is it infinite? Finite? We don't know that yet, so any discussion on there being no leprechauns somewhere in all of that is also bullshit guessing, right?
If one were to say that the Invisible Pink Unicorn created the universe, the godbots would say that isirrational because there is no evidence.

If you were then to say that you can not disprove the Invisible Pink Unicorn and should therefore believe in Her, the godbots would again say that is irrational.

But change "Invisible Pink Unicorn" to "God", and they fall all over themselves bowing and scraping and saying THAT is rational.

#203904 Jan 17, 2014
Francine_Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
get in line.
He tries’s it on with all the girls.

His score card boast’s (really boast’s, he’s proud of it and lets it be known to anyone who will listen) numbers in the high 300s so be careful, you just don’t know where he’s been

I hear he’s also one for deliberately dropping the soap in the prison showers too.

#203905 Jan 17, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
If one were to say that the Invisible Pink Unicorn created the universe, the godbots would say that isirrational because there is no evidence.
If you were then to say that you can not disprove the Invisible Pink Unicorn and should therefore believe in Her, the godbots would again say that is irrational.
But change "Invisible Pink Unicorn" to "God", and they fall all over themselves bowing and scraping and saying THAT is rational.
That’s religion for your…
Bongo

Coram, NY

#203906 Jan 17, 2014
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what it is, Richie? He just can't stand the fact the blackfellas are better hung.
That's old Bongo 1"
Youre so sclerotic Rosa. Just because you hang out with African guys named Jumungus doesnt mean caucasians should have to strap a 4x4x 6 foot piece of lumber to their ass to keep from falling in, in a futile attempt to pleasure you.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#203907 Jan 17, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You would know, your preacher looks forward to you opening you mouth to him.
Chrissy, what happened to us. We were ok for a while until you went berserk over me saying, thanks, man

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#203908 Jan 17, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Youre so sclerotic Rosa. Just because you hang out with African guys named Jumungus doesnt mean caucasians should have to strap a 4x4x 6 foot piece of lumber to their ass to keep from falling in, in a futile attempt to pleasure you.
Thank you for that proof of Christian love.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#203909 Jan 17, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Gud sh!t.
To my surprise, smoked sturgeon was on the menu at the bagel place this morning. Guess what I ordered, on a super onion? It was divine.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#203910 Jan 17, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that proof of Christian love.
It would be nivce if you came up with some new material, benreamed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Peace_Warrior 615,676
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Aerobatty 951,290
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bernie 14,659
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min New Age Spiritual... 627,774
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Frank Merton 180,055
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 33 min Classic 3,367
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr ImFree2Choose 713
More from around the web