Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“I'm Not Wearing Any Underwear”

Since: Jan 14

Langly Falls, Va

#203177 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I have to sit through a graduation ceremony without a prayer being said?
"That's not fair!"
Why should anyone have to sit through a graduation ceremony with only your approved prayer being said?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#203178 Jan 15, 2014
Francine_Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Riverside Redneck might be my husband Stan. The two think an awful lot alike.
Is that you, Francie?!

What the hell are you doing out of the kitchen?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203179 Jan 15, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
No RR - I'm not reaching, just stating the obvious.
You fail to look at all the possibilities which include specifics. Thus, you then conclude that your way is accurate and others are not.
Again, you fail at understanding that this is not always the case.
<quoted text>
i can't assert something you've already admitted.
"I believe in Satan".
So no RR, I did not "incorrectly" state anything, as you imply. You just refuse to accept the truths of your belief, so you put those semantics aside and go on believing whatever philosophy you have chosen.
That would be a choice made by you.
Go on and believe in whatever you choose - invisible or not, just don't make unfounded claims towards me and my comments upon your belief. I'll post the contradictions you refuse to acknowledge, just to prove how assinined a belief you do carry with you.
You'll make up things, say them, and never support them.
Another typical response that has many holes in it, that you like to post.
Yeah, sure RR....sure.
Except I didn't say that, so.....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#203180 Jan 15, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
t then tips his hand by claiming Lev.14 is about healing leprosy.
Shhh!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203181 Jan 15, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
Well there ya go, when you resort to pettiness, you're obviously stymied, Stymie.
Why should I have to sit through a graduation ceremony without
the Pledge of Allegiance being recited?
This Land Is Your Land being sung?
A Looney Tunes short being played?
Snacks being served?
A line dance being started?
Just check your facts is all. There ain't no point in whining about falsehoods that don't need fixin'. That's the victim mentality that right-wingers accuse everyone else of while they play victim with falsehoods.
I was going off of your ludicrous questions...

"why should a Jew have to sit through a Christian prayer at a graduation ceremony? Why should a Protestant have to sit through a Catholic prayer? Why should an atheist have to sit through any of them?"

I thought I'd respond in kind.

I thought you knew that America is a Christian nation?

If one wants to be an atheist here, they have to accept that Christians are everywhere. God is everywhere.

Whining and pissing their pants ain't gonna change that.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#203182 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, we are all part of the problem.
You've pointed out several more downturns of American society that began with the efforts of secular humanism and culminated to the crappy society we have today.
You've cited a court case about mandated school prayer as being the start of secular humanism.

Yet we've shown that prayer wasn't mandated in your school, nor was it in the majority of the country outside the Bible Belt. We've shown that voluntary school prayer and religious groups have NOT been "taken out of schools". In fact, their rights have been vigorously protected by the ACLU.

So, the school prayer issue is knocked out of contention. What else do you have that signals the "beginning of secular humanism"?

Well, besides that little document from 1793.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203183 Jan 15, 2014
Francine_Smith wrote:
Why should anyone have to sit through a graduation ceremony with only your approved prayer being said?
Because that's what most American people want.

"Costner had apparently decided to recite the prayer in protest of his school district's decision to omit prayer at graduation ceremonies."

"You couldn't even hear him doing the prayer anymore because everybody was clapping and cheering,"

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3391963/

The Constitution does not prohibit that boy from reciting a prayer, it protects his right to.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#203184 Jan 15, 2014
While in an observational and philosophical mode prior to finally getting a haircut, which will likely interfere with interaction of my brain with the larger universe due to the sudden change in EM resistive and capacitive impedance which will logically shift my "thinking", let me make an observation before I go.

You have a brand of Topix atheists such as exemplified by Cather, IANS, and Christine that resort to calling their opponents losers because they have not reached the level of success and achievement they claim to have reached themselves.

Now, such "losers' could easily include a rather sizeable chunk of humanity, maybe even to the 90% range. Those without their competitiveness, those in circumstances not allowing such aspirations as they have. A bunch of reasons for not reaching their lofty heights of success.

Obviously inferior beings to such as themselves. But they will unselfishly assume command and lead them all to a better life based upon their perceptions of achievement.

It is rather remarkable that those who profess universal brotherhood, love for fellow man, except for those Christians, and all of that other good stuff would stoop to such a low level.

Kind of revealing as to where they are truly coming from.

IANS, Catcher, and Christine are sitting behind the gate, twitching in anticipation. The gate swings open as the rabbit runs by. They charge ahead with all their might to get that rabbit. They struggle, expending all of their energy to get that rabbit.

They reach a line and the rabbit disappears. They are exhausted. And they didn't get the tasty meal. Dry dog food again tonight.

Then a real rabbit gets up out of the grass just in front of them and takes off.

But they don't have enough left in them to chase it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203185 Jan 15, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
You've cited a court case about mandated school prayer as being the start of secular humanism.

I did not say that.

The philosophy of Humanism has been around much longer than 1962.
Yet we've shown that prayer wasn't mandated in your school, nor was it in the majority of the country outside the Bible Belt.

Except you haven't shown me anything, you've only stated your opinion on the matter.
We've shown that voluntary school prayer and religious groups have NOT been "taken out of schools". In fact, their rights have been vigorously protected by the ACLU.
I've never said anything to the contrary on that topic.
So, the school prayer issue is knocked out of contention. What else do you have that signals the "beginning of secular humanism"?
Well, besides that little document from 1793.
You're gonna hafta put the bong down or something, my man. I have never stated that in secular humanism started in 1962.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#203186 Jan 15, 2014
To believe in Atheism requires one to believe in nothing.

And nothing can not heal a broken heart.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#203187 Jan 15, 2014
Francine_Smith wrote:
Why is it that when the phrase "the people" is used in the First Amendment, everyone agrees that it means "the people?" To assemble peaceably, or to exercise their free speech or freedom of religion--or freedom from it?
Why is it that when the phrase "the people" is used in the Fourth Amendment, everyone agrees that it means the right of "the people" to be secure in their homes against unreasonable searches and seizures?
Why is it that when the phrase "the people" is used in the Ninth Amendment, everyone agrees that it means "the people" regarding the enumeration of rights? Or in the Tenth Amendment, the phrase "the people" means THE PEOPLE?
But for some reason, liberals believe that the phrase "the people" in the Second Amendment suddenly undergoes a radical redefinition, and DOESN'T mean "the people?"
Can anyone please explain that to this dumb blonde, average American housewife??
For all practical purposes I'm a social liberal (and economic conservative).

And i don't believe "the people" in the 2nd Amendment suddenly undergoes a radical redefinition, and DOESN'T mean "the people".

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#203188 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Many questions..... I'll answer in order.
Prayer does work at the dinner table. Why are all your examples of home prayer surrounded by food?
Prayer teaches respect for authority because you're respecting an authority by praying to Him, by thanking Him and by asking Him for forgiveness.
I don't know, how many?
Both my parents and my dad's dad went to college, they wanted the same for me.
No, I couldn't afford to respect their wishes of going to college.
I never went to college, I couldn't have dropped out.
I don't know how many.
I don't know how many.
You're "evidence" is inconclusive. By your own words, "You are one of three that I know of", you've determined that faith is worthless because three religious people on Topix have been in trouble with the law.
Amazing.
Stay out of trouble with the law, or you won't have a prayer in this world.

San Francisco, CA

#203189 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Brown? Trex doesn't make a "brown".
Is it Accents? Transcends? Did your professional artist deck builder use hidden fasteners? What type of screws did he use?
What am I, the answer man?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#203190 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You you are ignorant of it, that's why you asked so many questions.
Because I want to understand why you believe the way you do.

Answers I have rcvd to my questions in the past have already given me enough evidence to conclude that there is no "Satan" - just personal embedded "demons" we have created on our own.

So with me trying to understand "I believe in Satan" - as you put it, has questions that you seem to avoid with answering.

That is telling enough - you are not honest, you place avoidance as a priority, and you skip over the semantics that disassembles your belief in front of you.

Honesty would dictate you are a fraud.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Or were they supposed to be "GOTCHA" questions? If so, they failed.
No - just more semantics you refuse to acknowledge exists.

This leads to delusional thoughts - like "I believe in Satan, yet I don't believe he exists."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say I use my toes.
Read it again.
I know you said "left toe" - I was giving you a little extra, as I know a toe or all the toes have nothing to do with your beliefs, but you seem to think they do.

DOH!

San Francisco, CA

#203192 Jan 15, 2014
Francine_Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Riverside Redneck might be my husband Stan. The two think an awful lot alike.
I offer you my sincere condolences.

And be careful, the Redneck hits.

Satan's influence, no doubt.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#203193 Jan 15, 2014
Francine_Smith wrote:
Why is it that when the phrase "the people" is used in the First Amendment, everyone agrees that it means "the people?" To assemble peaceably, or to exercise their free speech or freedom of religion--or freedom from it?
Why is it that when the phrase "the people" is used in the Fourth Amendment, everyone agrees that it means the right of "the people" to be secure in their homes against unreasonable searches and seizures?
Why is it that when the phrase "the people" is used in the Ninth Amendment, everyone agrees that it means "the people" regarding the enumeration of rights? Or in the Tenth Amendment, the phrase "the people" means THE PEOPLE?
But for some reason, liberals believe that the phrase "the people" in the Second Amendment suddenly undergoes a radical redefinition, and DOESN'T mean "the people?"
Can anyone please explain that to this dumb blonde, average American housewife??
Liberal revisionism.

That's not as bad as "Congress" coming to mean a home-room teacher.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203194 Jan 15, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
What am I, the answer man?
Ask your professional deck builder.

I'm only concerned about you, I want to make sure he used the proper fasteners for your Trex deck system.

Using improper fasteners, such as a sheetwall screws, will void your warranty.

San Francisco, CA

#203195 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you, Francie?!
What the hell are you doing out of the kitchen?!
You better duck, Francine, Redneck's violence is apparent.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#203196 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going off of your ludicrous questions...
"why should a Jew have to sit through a Christian prayer at a graduation ceremony? Why should a Protestant have to sit through a Catholic prayer? Why should an atheist have to sit through any of them?"
I thought I'd respond in kind.
I thought you knew that America is a Christian nation?
If one wants to be an atheist here, they have to accept that Christians are everywhere. God is everywhere.
Whining and pissing their pants ain't gonna change that.
Which America?

The United States of America is a nation that happens to contain Christians. So is China. Neither are Christian nations.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#203197 Jan 15, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
To believe in Atheism requires one to believe in nothing.
And nothing can not heal a broken heart.
Good grief, its like you're auditioning to be the world's worst fortune cookie insert writer...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex (May '13) 5 min aby jogja istimewa 111
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 7 min raju 10
Poll have you been completely naked when your home a... 13 min girls united states 19
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 25 min girls united states 92
Poll have you ever been completely naked in public o... 33 min girls united states 10
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 37 min dollarsbill 1,931
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 46 min bacon hater 816,921
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 97,948
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 39,937
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 609,713
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr oxbow 578,539
More from around the web