Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255854 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#201529 Jan 10, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Another stretch on your part.
Sweetie, let me give you a clue that you may take into consideration in your quest to conquer the world for your ideals.
You profess a certain affinity for BDSM. You profess a certain self image as being a dominatrix. You act shocked that I would disagree with your intentions as to the betterment of mankind, etc, etc.
One could think you are on a power trip. Many could believe you aren't exactly trustworthy in upholding the rights of mankind, specifically those that don't agree with you.
Put some more makeup on.
:-)
.. I'm really not into S&M but bondage is great fun, just ask Buck. What's your problem with that ??..

.. and, please, don't call me Sweetie, OK? I see through that and understand your intent ..

.. makeup? Yes, love it! Would you like to send me some Bobbi Brown lipstick or Estee Lauder anti-oxidant creme ??..

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#201530 Jan 10, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. thanks for addressing most of my questions ..
Sho nuff.
.. the 1st Commandment is the edict of an Abrahamic God, instructs people to follow no other God and orders the Sabbath be kept holy ..
No. The 4th Commandment talks about the Sabbath, not the 1st.
.. it does not allow for the beliefs or non-beliefs of others including Hindus, African Diasporics, Buddhists, Aborigines, Gnostics or atheists and is extrinsic to the application of law ..
Correct. That's why it says to worship oy God.
.. if placed on the wall of a federal judicial system grounded in law, it endorses and promotes the Abrahamic God ..
Not by Congress, it doesn't.
.. our forefathers could not foresee the growth of atheism in America. When the morphology of society changes, laws must change ..

Why?
.. "a reminder of our greatest obligation - the worship (of) God?" No, that is not my greatest obligation, nor do I think it your's. Presently, I think your greatest obligation is to provide your children with a roof over their heads, food on the table, clothes on their backs and mature guidance ..
I don't care if it's your greatest obligation or if it's mine.

The point was that it's Christianity's greatest obligation and we like seeing the 10 Commandments at courthouses and Crosses on hills.

Christians are still the vast majority in America and that's unlikely to change soon.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#201531 Jan 10, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Prolly.... in the fundie thesaurus?
Lol. He is such a stealth fun die.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#201532 Jan 10, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilt Chamberlain?
"The law of Thelema is "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will." The law of Thelema was developed by Aleister Crowley, the early 20th-century British writer and ceremonial magician"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelema

"The first pressings of the album included the phrases "So mote be it" (not to be confused with "So mote it be".) Then later on included the phrase "Do what thou wilt", inscribed on the lacquer itself by engineer Terry Manning during the final mastering process.[citation needed] This phrase is identical to one in the core tenet of Aleister Crowley's philosophy of Thelema: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will. There is no law beyond do what thou wilt." But it also the same as a portion of a variant of the Wiccan Rede. Page was a scholar of Crowley's work, once owning a private collection of Crowley manuscripts, artwork and other ephemera, and in the 1970s even bought one of his residences, Boleskine House on the shores of Loch Ness in Scotland.[citation needed]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_zeppelin_iii

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#201533 Jan 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Silly girl.

The accurate description of radiation is not a 'prediction'.

The problem is, no one predicted another culture becoming exactly what the Alien did. Thousands of years before it happened.

Maybe this type of debate is not for you...

Smile.
Just so you know, he doesn't care if you call him a girl. I've tried it.

What would you like? Thorazine? Valium?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#201534 Jan 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
If they actually believed what they claim, they wouldn't be here trying to convince themselves they do.
Without weekly structured indoctrination sessions, they loose faith.
I haven't been to church in years and my faith grows.

Explain that using your theory.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#201535 Jan 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Just like they can institute slavery, right ?
No, not in the least.

It's illegal to own, buy, sell or be a slave in the US.

It's not illegal to have religious icons in public places.

You think you have an analogy but you don't.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#201536 Jan 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>Of course they do.

If they actually believed what they claim, they wouldn't be here trying to convince themselves they do.

Without weekly structured indoctrination sessions, they loose faith.

They are, as the saying goes, "sitting on the fence".

All we can do is help them fall onto the side of reason.
Heh.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#201537 Jan 10, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
I did not say life cannot come from non-life. What I said is it has never been observed in the known history of the world, and there is no evidence that it has ever occurred.
Is a god life? If so, how old is it? Infinitely old?
Buck Crick wrote:
Abiogenesis is possible only in the same sense that almost anything is possible.
Abiogenesis is one of only two possible explanations for something that has actually occurred. That makes it a fact if the other explanation - divine creation of life - can be ruled out.

Divine creation has also never been observed. Nor has divinity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#201538 Jan 10, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. does this mean leaders of the civil rights movement were only seeking power and used law to achieve their goal - the right to sit anywhere on a bus and not be beaten or murdered because of their race ??..
Civil rights are about people's rights to political and social freedom and equality.

What do civil rights have to do with Mormons wanting to put up a statue of Macaroni?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#201539 Jan 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been to church in years and my faith grows.

Explain that using your theory.
You're not a christian, you're a politician. Like Hitler.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#201540 Jan 10, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post.
Thanks, buddy.

And sorry for the delay in responding, I have been very busy today, working on Constitutional issues as a matter of fact.

Hey, have you heard of the Fourteenth Amendment? The "logic" of your posts indicates you're not familiar with it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#201541 Jan 10, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Ah. Got it. So the Christian groups in opposition to the theory of evolution are lying. Thank you for that admission. And this includes, btw, the Discovery Institute.
My point was it is always best to go to the source as opposed to hostile groups for definitions. The fact evos continually lump both biblical creationists and IDers in the same category is a distortion. Not good to go to an evo source for definitions on IDers. Perhaps you can show some examples of IDers lying about evos.? The point being i have shown you exactly how evos distort ID but you have not reciprocated. You assume since the one distorts so must the other. Provide some examples. If you read the site i posted you would know it makes statements about neo Darwinism. For example.

http://www.discovery.org/csc/topQuestions.php
----------
However, the dominant theory of evolution today is neo-Darwinism, which contends that evolution is driven by natural selection acting on random mutations, an unpredictable and purposeless process that "has no discernable direction or goal, including survival of a species." (2000 NABT Statement on Teaching Evolution). It is this specific claim made by neo-Darwinism that intelligent design theory directly challenges. For a more thorough treatment see the article "Meanings of Evolution" by Center Fellows Stephen C. Meyer & Michael Newton Keas.

----------

It also references their information. You state they lie but you do not provide examples. Was it you who stated you teach or taught? Would you accept that kind of sloppy work from your students?
And thank you for these showing us these lies being passed out by the DI. Again, thank you. You are doing a good job of proving my contentions. I appreciate it.
All you have is accusations. You do not provide any examples to back up your claims. You must believe the accusation is the equivalent of conviction. I asked you what part of their statement did you not understand and you failed to answer.

Fremont, CA

#201542 Jan 10, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I graciously pass your question onto Catcher ..
.. where do state's rights begin and end ??..
CATCHER ??
Yes, a state can take actions, even in its constitution, that violate the U.S. Constitution.

Some of this pedantic stuff that Buck mentions are generally dismissed as de minimus, like the language in our currency. Technically it shouldn't be there of course, but there are far bigger battles to be waged.

Fremont, CA

#201543 Jan 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He's at the Jim.
You have violated our contract.

And don't jumble any words about it.

You know what you did, and it's dishonest.

We can try again some other time.

Fremont, CA

#201544 Jan 10, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are overreaching trying to justify your ideology's usurping provisions of the Constitution. Besides using extreme examples you are also trying to establish a right of the government to take proactive actions to prevent maybes and could be, and etc. Those maybe and could be arguments lead to tyranny of the masses, not a democratic process.
Your political philosophy is snake oil.
You deal with problems that arise in a democratic society, not establish a system designed to choke off change. Your leaders of that movement are no different than any other group that seeks and attempts to hold power by threat of law.
Move to another state for protection and be a political activist within Utah and have the people themselves change their government. You are calling in bullies from other areas to effect your desired changes. They will eventually bully you, also.
I think it's serpent oil, not snake oil.

Ask RR.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#201545 Jan 10, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>You have violated our contract.

And don't jumble any words about it.

You know what you did, and it's dishonest.

We can try again some other time.
Well caught.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#201546 Jan 10, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. and, please, don't call me Sweetie, OK?
Don't like nics then don't put them on others. You are getting a taste of your own medicine.

Fremont, CA

#201547 Jan 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the Federal government have the right to dictate marriage law to states?
If the Supreme Court determines a state's law violates the U.S. Constitution, it will strike down
the law.

For those who like country music, the answer is yes.

Fremont, CA

#201548 Jan 10, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you didn't have a cigarette before writing this, did you ??..
You Wrote: "Your leaders of that movement are no different than any other group that seeks and attempts to hold power by threat of law."
.. does this mean leaders of the civil rights movement were only seeking power and used law to achieve their goal - the right to sit anywhere on a bus and not be beaten or murdered because of their race ??..
Leave Dave alone.

Let him disgorge; it's cathartic.

As if he didn't have enough troubles already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Michael 649,628
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 16 min Neville Thompson 424
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min crust 281,467
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 33 min Into The Night 55,650
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min Rosa 106,051
TRUTH about illegal aliens (Aug '14) 3 hr Knock off purse s... 12
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 3 hr Knock off purse s... 36
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr Hangman 972,378
More from around the web