Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255305 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#200936 Jan 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir.
I have a spine.
Otherwise I couldn't stand up.
Or dodge like you constantly do, and show again here.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#200937 Jan 9, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Chrissy, im sending you to refinement school.
Whatever turns you on.

Tell me do they have whips and shackles or just good old christian morality and threats of hell?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#200938 Jan 9, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see the word atheist where you claim it is. Also, there is nothing that I found that they do good because they are atheist or because of anything in atheism is the reason to do good. Saying what kinds of people make up a group says nothing about atheism being the guiding principle.
Didn't see anything on Gates being an atheist and atheism being the guiding principle to do good.
As for your claim not to have a dogma is not true. The mission statement is dogma.
Now tell me: what good were atheists doing 500 years ago?
The mindset of the Topix Atheist! says that if an atheist does something good, it's because of their atheism. If they do something bad, it's because of their Christian upbringing.

Hope that helps.

It's all in the Topix Atheist! handbook....

Redondo Beach, CA

#200939 Jan 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Liberal counseling?
I think nay.
Yes, you certainly could benefit from a liberal dose of anger management and domestic violence counseling.

Read carefully, wiseass.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#200940 Jan 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir.
I have a spine.
Otherwise I couldn't stand up.
Have you ever chased a boneless chicken?

KFC seems to get them all.

Good training, I guess.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#200941 Jan 9, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck, read your own effing post.
And, no, you have NOT shown that Throckmorton is wrong. Your arguments boil down to:
1) Throckmorton is not a conservative, and is therefore wrong.
2) Barton is right because Barton says he is right.
It should be very telling that you haven't presented ANYONE other than yourself, Barton, or Barton's employees that say Barton is right.
If everyone is telling you that you are wrong, you should at least consider that maybe you are. But not you. That's not the Buck way.
"Maybe they're right when they tell me I'm wrong…
NAAAAH!
I'm an asshole."
--Dennis Leary
BTW, I see that you still can't bring yourself not to throw out insults.
See the new Buck, same as the old Buck.
Barton proved Throckmorton wrong.

He did it with historical, documented references.

Please, give me some more smearage on Barton, so I can continue to make a fool of you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#200942 Jan 9, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
For one, the cockroach fossil is not the same as today's cockroaches. Similar, yes, but not the same.
For two, cockroaches are incredibly well adapted for their niche. And that niche has changed very little over a very long time. Without the selective pressure caused by a changing environment, little change will occur in a species...since it is already well adapted.
Pointing to a single example isn't going to discredit the theory of evolution unless you bring a whole lot more to the table. In the same 49 million years, a semi-aquatic hoofed shore predator has become the whales and dolphins we see today. With whales, their niche changed radically and the lineage changed radically along with it.
In fact, all mammal species have changed radically over the last 65 million years. The extinction of the dinosaurs changed the equation for mammals. At the end of the Cretaceous mammals were small nocturnal shrew-like animals. Then, without the competition of the dinosaurs, they were able exploit a vast range of new environments, diversifying into what we see today.
Oh yes, the whales....

The ones that were pond scum then turned into fishies then later turned into land animals then later turned back into really big fishies.

But what sense would it make for a land creature to evolve back into a water creature and not grow some friggin gills?

Redondo Beach, CA

#200943 Jan 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not familiar with BakedBufoon, it behooves you to know he is a habitual liar and a hopeless idiot.
Not your best argument, Buck.

I expect better after my gym workout.

Off.

#200944 Jan 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is certainly comforting.
When Stalin was killing millions of Christians, he was only trying to revive them.
Great work, Chris Stalin.
This is why we take your scholarship so seriously.
As in,...
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah...
Why the fook do you keep harping on with the christians

Why can you not tell the facts as they were in unadulterated, unabridged for the christian sensibility

Try “When Stalin was killing millions”, it’s far more accurate and does not stink of godbot propaganda.

You did not have to be christian. But wait a moment… Christians are closer you your belief than muslims and hindus and non religious and everyone else he was murdering so they are the only ones who count for you – right?

Location hidden

#200945 Jan 9, 2014
Bongo wrote:
Kim Jong Un's executed uncle was eaten alive by 120 hungry dogs: report, is North korea an atheist nation?
Alpo refuses to sell to them.

What can you do?

Say Uncle?

#200946 Jan 9, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it doesn't conform to their lies.
That is the problem with most religions. They have to ignore reality constantly.
"The most beautiful religion on Earth can be destroyed by a single ugly fact."
It is mandatory for the religious to ignore facts and follow "The Traditions".
They hate the fact that Stalin, Hitler, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik etc were/are christian, it upsets there sensibilities. But it does not stop people like buck beating people up juts for fun, such god like behaviour he displays. It does not stop the hatred and spite offered to anyone who does not agree with their lies

Location hidden

#200947 Jan 9, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious that you are virtually the only person to think he is.
You are lying.

Would you like me to prove it?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#200948 Jan 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah. We know. The "facts" say Staliin liked Christians and their church.
Right?
That's why he only killed 10 million of them.
If he hadn't liked them, he would have really gotten rough.
Bwahahahahahah...
Just like Hitler the Christian murdered 6 million Jews, right ?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#200949 Jan 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I was just talking about nothing.
Can you multiply that by 4?
Yes, but you can;t divided it.

LOL

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#200950 Jan 9, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>They hate the fact that Stalin, Hitler, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik etc were/are christian, it upsets there sensibilities. But it does not stop people like buck beating people up juts for fun, such god like behaviour he displays. It does not stop the hatred and spite offered to anyone who does not agree with their lies
Only the delusion matters.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#200951 Jan 9, 2014
Stokomo wrote:
Here's my thought of the moment. Believe (or not believe) what you want. Who is anyone to decide if one is right or wrong. Science doesn't know the answers and many think they go on absolute truth of what things are, but science still has yet to answer the old-aged question of who, or what, created the "Big Bang". Science has theories which in the religion world people call them faith. What one believes doesn't make him a fool, just as what one doesn't believe makes him intelligent. One last thought..... If a Christian is wrong about creation, they have lost nothing; if a non-believer is wrong, what have they lost?
Nothing.

Location hidden

#200952 Jan 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, the whales....
The ones that were pond scum then turned into fishies then later turned into land animals then later turned back into really big fishies.
But what sense would it make for a land creature to evolve back into a water creature and not grow some friggin gills?
Geppetto breathed life into them.

No wait, that was porpoises ... or was it tadpoles?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#200953 Jan 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not your best argument, Buck.
I expect better after my gym workout.
Off.
Your typical remark changed. Did Skomby get to you?

Location hidden

#200954 Jan 9, 2014
TheKingIam wrote:
<quoted text>

Go pray to buddah you nutter
Go suck a sheep, King Lamb Boy.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#200955 Jan 9, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your social engineering instincts need some tweaking. Less emotion and unrealistic belief in the holiness of mankind.
Strength and advancement of any social group is through organization and striving for higher goals. This is how one culture beats another for resources. Evolution. Your thought seems to be to cater to the lowest common denominator among all groups, empowerment of the groundlings, diseased, and disabled to shape the course of human development. You won't get off the planet that way, little one. Your world will become one big Jerry Springer show.
Oh, you think because you are "educated", and an "educator" you will be one of the elite to lead the masses. You will be wrong.
Wow. See, this is why I don't bother w/topix anymore. You:

- don't address your unusual, original position
- don't back up your unusual, original position
- misuse the word evolution
- fail to understand how evolution applies to social animals
- say something stupid and offtrack about my emotions. I assume that's projection, since it doesn't fit at all.

Wait...wait...wait...Dave. Right. Enough said.

I'm glad you're well Dave :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min It aint necessari... 38,082
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 15 min Paul is dead 4,102
Anyone Want to shag on my milf Aunt live (Jun '15) 37 min willthis23 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min truth 641,491
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr sabazius54 104,657
Gay on Sunshine Coast BC 1 hr sabazius54 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr LAWEST100 44,330
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr The Hangman 969,956
More from around the web