Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#200944 Jan 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is certainly comforting.
When Stalin was killing millions of Christians, he was only trying to revive them.
Great work, Chris Stalin.
This is why we take your scholarship so seriously.
As in,...
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah...
Why the fook do you keep harping on with the christians

Why can you not tell the facts as they were in unadulterated, unabridged for the christian sensibility

Try “When Stalin was killing millions”, it’s far more accurate and does not stink of godbot propaganda.

You did not have to be christian. But wait a moment… Christians are closer you your belief than muslims and hindus and non religious and everyone else he was murdering so they are the only ones who count for you – right?

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#200945 Jan 9, 2014
Bongo wrote:
Kim Jong Un's executed uncle was eaten alive by 120 hungry dogs: report, is North korea an atheist nation?
Alpo refuses to sell to them.

What can you do?

Say Uncle?

“Be strong ...”

#200946 Jan 9, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it doesn't conform to their lies.
That is the problem with most religions. They have to ignore reality constantly.
"The most beautiful religion on Earth can be destroyed by a single ugly fact."
It is mandatory for the religious to ignore facts and follow "The Traditions".
They hate the fact that Stalin, Hitler, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik etc were/are christian, it upsets there sensibilities. But it does not stop people like buck beating people up juts for fun, such god like behaviour he displays. It does not stop the hatred and spite offered to anyone who does not agree with their lies

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#200947 Jan 9, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious that you are virtually the only person to think he is.
You are lying.

Would you like me to prove it?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#200948 Jan 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah. We know. The "facts" say Staliin liked Christians and their church.
Right?
That's why he only killed 10 million of them.
If he hadn't liked them, he would have really gotten rough.
Bwahahahahahah...
Just like Hitler the Christian murdered 6 million Jews, right ?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#200949 Jan 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I was just talking about nothing.
Can you multiply that by 4?
Yes, but you can;t divided it.

LOL

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#200950 Jan 9, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>They hate the fact that Stalin, Hitler, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik etc were/are christian, it upsets there sensibilities. But it does not stop people like buck beating people up juts for fun, such god like behaviour he displays. It does not stop the hatred and spite offered to anyone who does not agree with their lies
Only the delusion matters.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#200951 Jan 9, 2014
Stokomo wrote:
Here's my thought of the moment. Believe (or not believe) what you want. Who is anyone to decide if one is right or wrong. Science doesn't know the answers and many think they go on absolute truth of what things are, but science still has yet to answer the old-aged question of who, or what, created the "Big Bang". Science has theories which in the religion world people call them faith. What one believes doesn't make him a fool, just as what one doesn't believe makes him intelligent. One last thought..... If a Christian is wrong about creation, they have lost nothing; if a non-believer is wrong, what have they lost?
Nothing.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#200952 Jan 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, the whales....
The ones that were pond scum then turned into fishies then later turned into land animals then later turned back into really big fishies.
But what sense would it make for a land creature to evolve back into a water creature and not grow some friggin gills?
Geppetto breathed life into them.

No wait, that was porpoises ... or was it tadpoles?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#200953 Jan 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not your best argument, Buck.
I expect better after my gym workout.
Off.
Your typical remark changed. Did Skomby get to you?

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#200954 Jan 9, 2014
TheKingIam wrote:
<quoted text>

Go pray to buddah you nutter
Go suck a sheep, King Lamb Boy.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#200955 Jan 9, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your social engineering instincts need some tweaking. Less emotion and unrealistic belief in the holiness of mankind.
Strength and advancement of any social group is through organization and striving for higher goals. This is how one culture beats another for resources. Evolution. Your thought seems to be to cater to the lowest common denominator among all groups, empowerment of the groundlings, diseased, and disabled to shape the course of human development. You won't get off the planet that way, little one. Your world will become one big Jerry Springer show.
Oh, you think because you are "educated", and an "educator" you will be one of the elite to lead the masses. You will be wrong.
Wow. See, this is why I don't bother w/topix anymore. You:

- don't address your unusual, original position
- don't back up your unusual, original position
- misuse the word evolution
- fail to understand how evolution applies to social animals
- say something stupid and offtrack about my emotions. I assume that's projection, since it doesn't fit at all.

Wait...wait...wait...Dave. Right. Enough said.

I'm glad you're well Dave :)

“Be strong ...”

#200956 Jan 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah. We know. The "facts" say Staliin liked Christians and their church.
Right?
That's why he only killed 10 million of them.
If he hadn't liked them, he would have really gotten rough.
Bwahahahahahah...
So now you think he murdered people because he liked them?

It is estimated that he killed over 20 million people and in a country that was, pre revolution, predominantly christian then it seem that you got away pretty light

Try rehearsing your facts before sticking your foot in your mouth

Jeez you are s selective in your narrow minded

Some stable somewhere

#200957 Jan 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I believe the spread of HIV is caused by a growing lack of morality, specifically the morality of sex. I think people are far too carefree in how they view the openness of sex.
First, you're ignoring the role of economics, poverty and inequality entirely.

Second, you are failing, utterly, to consider how peoples outside of your culture are.

Third, you're projecting a Western, Christian and American cultural perspective onto the world. That's just thoughtless and ignorant. There really is nothing else to add. If you can't see beyond your own nose, you have nothing to say about global issues.

Some stable somewhere

#200958 Jan 9, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hidingfromme, how are you?
Just a question, why is HIV infection radically increasing among gays, the very group we have spent billions educating, and even more medicating?
Smile.
<quoted text> You did not answer his question. From you reference.
----------
In 2010, the estimated number of new HIV infections among MSM was 29,800, a significant 12% increase from the 26,700 new infections among MSM in 2008.
----------
That is a 12% increase. That is not maintaining. That is increasing.
<quoted text> Immoral? Anybody immoral who does not see things the way you do? Child logic. Besides you completely ignored KiMare's question?
That's not a "radical increase" which is what you claimed. That's a pretty linear increase - or below that.

A radical increase would be more like a geometric one, a doubling of numbers. So you're exaggerating for your position.

It's not child logic to chastise you for your ethnocentric, bigoted religious position. It's decency.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#200959 Jan 9, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
What a load of crap.
You make a very compelling argument.

OK, I'm almost ready to be an atheist now.

What's the next step?

Do we have to, like, touch tongues or something?

Some stable somewhere

#200960 Jan 9, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Here Dave. This might interest you.
Who is afraid of peer review.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/342/6154/60...
Clearly you fail to understand what the author is discussing there.

“Be strong ...”

#200961 Jan 9, 2014
Stokomo wrote:
Here's my thought of the moment. Believe (or not believe) what you want. Who is anyone to decide if one is right or wrong. Science doesn't know the answers and many think they go on absolute truth of what things are, but science still has yet to answer the old-aged question of who, or what, created the "Big Bang". Science has theories which in the religion world people call them faith. What one believes doesn't make him a fool, just as what one doesn't believe makes him intelligent. One last thought..... If a Christian is wrong about creation, they have lost nothing; if a non-believer is wrong, what have they lost?
So you are saying that because science does not know the answer to something you are justified in guessing that a god did it by magic out of nothing?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#200962 Jan 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
When atheists do good things, it's about their atheism.
When they do bad things, like say, murder 150 million people, it is NOT about their atheism.
That rule will be helpful as you read their posts.
The rule for religions is the exact reverse.
You ninja'd me, ya bastaad...

“Be strong ...”

#200963 Jan 9, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the delusion matters.
That’s religion for ya…

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 695,500
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Riverside Rednek 59,632
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 43 min waaasssuuup 446,257
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 1 hr MOGADORE 40
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 1 hr MOGADORE 4
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 1 hr MOGADORE 871
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr trifecta1 994,037
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web