Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#199430 Jan 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Got some denial going there Darwin.
Two elements combined, and are once again, that brought the AIDS epidemic on gays.
1. Immoral sex.
2. Anal sex.
Now, explain why AIDS is spreading in Africa among heterosexuals, but did not in the USA. Originally heteros were primarily contracted AIDS by infected blood from gays.
Hey, by the way, I like Darwin!
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross culture constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior, making ss marriage an oxymoron.
Smile.
What do you define as "immoral sex"? If your definition is based on the Bible, then I reject it. The Bible is one of the most immoral books around. Using it as a standard of morality is a big mistake.

And you seem to be in denial that HIV is passed on by heterosexual sex as well. You seem to be focused only upon anal sex. Is there some personal passion going on there?

Plus you seem to have a view that the sole purpose of sex is for procreation. If you would pull your head out and actually think about your own experiences, do you have sex solely, or even predominantly, for the purpose of procreation? Or do you mostly have sex for the purpose of bonding emotionally with your mate?

And you are bringing up evolution to support your argument. Even though your view of evolution seems quite a bit off, the fact you seem to be supporting the idea of evolution makes you almost unique among the theistic posters on the thread.

#199431 Jan 5, 2014
Atomic_G wrote:
Anything that does not support their biblical bases hatred is ignored.
KiMare wrote:
Really? That sounds like a bigoted statement.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
I think you just proved his point.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#199432 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>More Topix Atheist! ignorance.
The jesus wasn't Jewish? Do educate me.

Location hidden

#199433 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, that's the Topix Atheist! job.

You cherry pick.

I correct and teach.

Some don't listen.

Usually the Topix Atheist!s. Their minds are hell bent on thinking that what they read on evilbible.com is correct.
You wish. Tell me how the jesus wasn't a Jew.
IRYW

Allentown, PA

#199434 Jan 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not long ago my brother’s dog attacked a little girl that wondered onto his property. It’s some kind of a part Pit Bull mix. He lives out in the country so he decided it was time to put a end to the dog’s life. He had his son come over with a 1911 45 handgun.
My nephew shot the dog point blank in the head. The dog went down, one shot, one kill. So they loaded up the body of the dead carcass and threw it in the back of the truck.
Then drove off a couple of miles down the road and dumped the body in the woods.
They came home and washed the blood out of the truck and that was that. Until about three days later the dog was on my brothers front porch, alive and well. Apparently the bullet hit the side of the dog’s fleshly part of its mouth and went out the other side.
The concussion from the blast wave knocked the dog clean out making it look like it was dead.[laughing], I renamed the dog “Lazarus.” Because it came back from the dead after three days. They decided to let Lazarus live after their botched execution.
The dog was fine and no long term injury from the gunshot.
Another explanation is that the dog was a fundamentalist christian; the bullet went through the skull with no meaningful effect since the skull was empty to begin with.........:

Location hidden

#199435 Jan 5, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>So morality did not exist until man created it?
Which man?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#199436 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your blood is cold due to your advanced years :)
I recently almost had a dog kill me cat. It was a stray that we allowed in our yard. I thought I had everything under control but the dog busted through the screen door and damn near got my kitty cat. I ran in the house just as the dog's mouth was about the crush the cat's body. I jumped on this big ole Boxer Pit mix mutt and grabbed him by the jaw, rolled him over and pinned him to the ground. I held him there until my son could get the cat unglued from the screen door and my wife to get a rope and a collar.
Long story short, we sent his ass to the pound. And honestly, whether or not he got adopted is of no consequence to me.
I understand what you're going through with those pesky mutts. But please, if you feel you have to shoot them, don't wound them. Kill them so they don't suffer needlessly.
I absolutely detest lap dogs.

I am not going to kill them, or leave them with deep wounds to get infected. If they get wounded their owners can get them patched up. 3 pumps and a pellet at 50 foot or more will hurt them, but not as much as them killing my cats. Had a Chow a long time ago that charged a yard cat she grew up with less than 10 feet from me. Punctured the cat's lungs and it took a couple of minutes to die. The Chow was put down a few years later for similar behavior.

I spent several years keeping dogs confined to the yard even if they didn't want to be confined. That goes against everything I believe in, but is a necessary thing when living in a residential area. I didn't choose those dogs, just some I wound up having to take care of.

What I keep thinking of doing but haven't yet is cast wax pellets. 10 pumps and that will light the little bastards asses right up and shouldn't break the skin.

I can't get the sight of that fat assed Chihuahua mix trotting off yesterday. What a lovely target.

The sound of squealing Chihuahuas appeals to me.

Location hidden

#199437 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, blame it on the poor.

Blame it on the rich keeping the poor people poor.

Sure, sure.

Tell these people, these RICH people on this very expansive list of HIV positive people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HIV-positive_pe...

Then tell me again how HIV is spread due to a lack of resources.

Be honest. HIV is spread because people are horny and stupid.
Knuckle head.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#199438 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:

You're a piece of shit, Felcther1. Through and through.
Come to my house, I'll show you a good time...
I bet you'll say this isn't a threat.

Again, you display your violent nature. Are you planning to use your club again?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#199439 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I often regret not having the Topix Christian who stalked me at work arrested.
I’m not saying you weren’t stalked because these things do happen. I also have been stalked as a method of intimidation by a deviant who thought he was a mafia Godfather.

I made it be known in the community this man was stalking me. And I also made it known to him. If anything was to happen to me or my family he was going to be the main suspect. The entire community was aware what he was doing.

I also let him know. If by any chance guns came into play. I was not going to shoot to kill. I’d plan to aim right for his navel because there’s already a nice clean hole to start with. Then the bullet will travel to the spinal cord and permanently sever it.

The stalking stopped.

#199440 Jan 5, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Buck has well articulated the motives of atheists and their rhetoric many times.
LOL. You probably think this because you don't know any more about atheism than Buck does. Rather than it some serious thought and try to learn the perspective of another, you meekly accept the definitions given to you by your religious authority figures.

Here's a news flash...the things your religious authority figures tell you are self serving.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#199441 Jan 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
All sex outside of marriage is immoral.
You didn't respond to the post.
Why?
Smile.
According to what system of morality is sex outside of marriage immoral?
jeddonty

Pittsburgh, PA

#199442 Jan 5, 2014
youtube.com/watch... …… Atheism takes no faith
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#199443 Jan 5, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
No more Mister Nice Guy for old Dave.
I have a yard that is completely fenced in that I have two yard cats that spend almost all of their time in. It is their yard. They are pretty sweet fixed males that hold their own against others that have tried to move in. I like my cats even if they do snag a dove on occasion.
Yesterday morning I heard some growling outside and went to take a look. There were two small nastyassed little dogs and a big cream colored German Shepherd running around my back yard. I stepped out the door with my pellet gun and they took off, the little ones to the back and the shepherd toward the front. He was my main focus. He jumped a four foot fence like it was nothing to get away. The front gate was closed. That is the only unlocked gate to the property. The little two may have managed to get through some very tiny spots at the bottom of a privacy fence, but there is no way that shepherd could have. That means he had to jump the fence to get in.
With the intent of killing my cats. They didn't show up for feeding late yesterday. They finally came home this morning separately. Which saves me driving around looking for some dogs with bad intent.
I will secure the bottom of that privacy fence to a better degree, but until it gets warm enough to do so I have established a very good sniping position outside the bathroom window. Just hoping one or all of them decide to give it another try. No shooting at to disturb them like before, but shooting so they won't even come close anymore.
GRRRRRR!
Keep in mind some will prosecute you for killing animals. I would suggest a none lethal means. There's none-lethal shotgun ammunition that would do the job.

Also there’s slingshots, and paintball guns.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#199444 Jan 5, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying is morally wrong, bible is clear about that.
And why should anyone care what the bible says?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#199445 Jan 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You probably think this because you don't know any more about atheism than Buck does. Rather than it some serious thought and try to learn the perspective of another, you meekly accept the definitions given to you by your religious authority figures.
Here's a news flash...the things your religious authority figures tell you are self serving.
You are the one that doesn't understand atheism.

You didn't develop your thoughts on that subject by yourself. You bought a package of them being peddled.

Real atheists and atheism is an individual thing. You quote too much out of the book you bought.

You don't have the mental horsepower to have developed it on your own.

You are a fraud. A wannabe.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#199446 Jan 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Word games, RR.
You should know by now how well those work on me.
Very well.

I accept your concession.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199447 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I let this crap drop for a month and you jumped in saying I abused my daughter.
You can dish shit out to everyone but when comes back to you, you cry foul.
You are deceitful little whining pig.
So you can't produce one single thing?

Nothing?

Not at all?

C'min, Benidis. Just a link. Or even a page number will suffice.

Prove that I'm lying, get this nonsense over with.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#199448 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, blame it on the poor.
Blame it on the rich keeping the poor people poor.
Sure, sure.
Tell these people, these RICH people on this very expansive list of HIV positive people.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HIV-positive_pe...
Then tell me again how HIV is spread due to a lack of resources.
Be honest. HIV is spread because people are horny and stupid.
HIV is spread in poor and underdeveloped countries because religions like the Catholic religion, forbids the use of condoms. It also promotes the animal breeding mindset among to poorly educated and poverty stricken populous, combine the two and you have the rampart spread of HIV. The Catholic Church, besides being a criminal organization, shares a great part of the blame for the stance on contraceptives.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199449 Jan 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
That’s one from their play book, accusing someone of dodging or dancing around a question. But it’s ok for them to ignore questions as if they were never asked.
Feltcher1 is quite the hypocrite....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Tellthetruth 989,858
Spread This Around & Stop The Lies! 33 min Truth 1
News Arresting the homeless isn't the answer (Jul '12) 1 hr Christie Taylor 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr iamcuriousnow 42,498
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr European Slave 156
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr PadMark 690,591
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 5 hr Paul McCartney is... 639
More from around the web