Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258471 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#199095 Jan 4, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You two are freaking me out.
lol

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#199096 Jan 4, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
- Yes, I was 8 months old when he left to be with his mistress.
- No military, he was an alcoholic of the security guard/'between jobs' variety.
- What, what?
- I don't really know, the parental unit stories are opposing, to the max. All I personally know is that he wasn't there, not even to speak to on the phone and he did admit to the mistress and the leaving parts.
It took 3 years of me questioning him and for my mother to die, for him to admit to that part being true.
Well IMO both your sperm donor AND your stepdad were both monsters.

What you went through with the sperm donor is similar to what my ex wife went through with hers. He split when she was very young. But she had the blessing of a super stepdad. What always made me curious is that went "my real dad" ceviche into the limelight (after thirty years of a disappearing act), all of a sudden she wanted to get to know his lame ass.

Why on earth would you want to get to know some guy that knocked up your mom then ran out on all of you?

Why should he have the pleasure of getting to know him?

Why do you call him "real dad"?

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh, that's just my MO.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#199097 Jan 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
“diminish the church.” Destroy what you can not change?
No -change what I can change.

I can't change the church from the outside except by helping to diminish it. Why don't you help it, help Skombolis, and help the rest of us by working to help it from the inside?
Eagle 12 wrote:
Now Doctor, I will be honest with you. I have drawn my own conclusion about your sexual orientation. I shall keep that conclusion to myself. I’ve had friends, family, and co-workers that were and are gay.
LOL. You think I'm gay, don't you? What do you care which holes I plug? Why do you think it's your business?

It's all good, amigo. I'm mostly over the homophobia programmed into me by my father and others from youth. Yes, I deal with the echoing of the voices of my past still ringing faintly in my head, however irrational, arbitrary, unkind and unjust I find them.
Eagle 12 wrote:
Back to your “Diminish the church,” statement. That’s exactly the position the Nazi’s took against the Jews. They knew they couldn’t change the Jews so they took on a policy of “Diminishing the Jews.” So the gas chambers were started and the ovens were cranked up.
You forgot Stalin and Pol Pot
Eagle 12 wrote:
How would you feel Doctor if I came up with this statement,“Diminish the homosexuals?” Some countries have taken on that policy for homosexuals and Christians. Tolerance my good Doctor, tolerance. We must as fellow citizens be tolerant and respectful of each opinions and inalienable rights to freedom.
Tolerance is a virtue to me, but you might be surprised by what I mean when I use the word. It does not include tolerance of the intolerant. I am only tolerant of that which wants to cooperate and get along. What remains can live in harmony.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199098 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
The United States OF America.
Must take a college education to understand what "OF" means.
When you find someone that has a college education, will you let us know?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199099 Jan 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I was hoping that you would tell me what YOU were trying to say when you posted the link.
<quoted text>
I'm glad that you finally posted the rules of engagement with you. Have a nice day,.
Simplicity when posting to RR.

That's all you need to remember.

But keep using that strange words.

I don't mean to cause a kerfuffle.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#199100 Jan 4, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know Robin Roberts was gay?
Surprised the heck outta me........
My wife always said it, I thought she was a little suspect. Then she came out. no surprise.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#199101 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Well IMO both your sperm donor AND your stepdad were both monsters.

What you went through with the sperm donor is similar to what my ex wife went through with hers. He split when she was very young. But she had the blessing of a super stepdad. What always made me curious is that went "my real dad" ceviche into the limelight (after thirty years of a disappearing act), all of a sudden she wanted to get to know his lame ass.

Why on earth would you want to get to know some guy that knocked up your mom then ran out on all of you?

Why should he have the pleasure of getting to know him?

Why do you call him "real dad"?

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh, that's just my MO.
You're not being harsh, I agree with you.

Sperm donor, "real dad", same thing to me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199102 Jan 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Hitting babies, thats not misleading is it Benjy
He spanked his kid. Hardly abuse.
When he was a baby, it was a tap. I've described it as being similar to how you tap your ashes off of a cigarette.

Ben still makes it seem like I bling wines my son with a bat and laughed and enjoyed it.

He's a fuckingliar, a lunatic and a deceitful little prick.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#199103 Jan 4, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it matter to you so much how atheists choose to define themselves?.
They are cloaking a vast anti church agenda

Location hidden

#199104 Jan 4, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>They are cloaking a vast anti church agenda
lol

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199105 Jan 4, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
You're not being harsh, I agree with you.
Sperm donor, "real dad", same thing to me.
That sucks that you think that way. I understand why you do.

But have you ever asked yourself why? Why would you give that man the honor of knowing you at all?

I'd say fuckhim, let him die without knowing me at all. I'd hope he dies feeling guilty.

But that's me.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#199106 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hominem fail.
Why would calling you an American be an insult ?

Your spastic dance is getting boring
Too bad you won't fall sown.

Location hidden

#199107 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That sucks that you think that way. I understand why you do.

But have you ever asked yourself why? Why would you give that man the honor of knowing you at all?

I'd say fuckhim, let him die without knowing me at all. I'd hope he dies feeling guilty.

But that's me.
Yeah I've asked myself.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#199108 Jan 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Hitting babies, thats not misleading is it Benjy
He spanked his kid. Hardly abuse.
I consider physical violence on an infant abusive.

I bet you beat infants, too and justify just like every other child abuser does.

At least I have the decency to admit I gave up my rights to see my daughter. I don't make excuses to justify it or claim I am better than everyone else for doing so.

You are scum, just like RR.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#199109 Jan 4, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it matter to you so much how atheists choose to define themselves? There are several acceptable definitions for the word. Also, shockingly, languages evolve over time. If a word is used a certain way commonly enough, that is enough to "change" its definition.
Buck doesn't seem to get that "language evolves over time" part.

But then, Buck seems to have an OCD problem and thinks in very literal, black and white terms.

For example, he has stated many times that homophobia does not exist because "homophobia" is a made up word. What he doesn't realize is that EVERY word is either made up, or comes down to us as a modification of a made up word. Admittedly, the lineage of some words goes WAY back in time. But go back far enough and our ancestors did not have speech and thus every word we have today must have been made up at some point.

Concerning the "made up word" argument Buck makes, he must think that airplanes and televisions don't exist either since those were made up words.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199110 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Why would calling you an American be an insult ?
He called me "American ignoramus".

There's this little thing that you should've learned in school, purfesir. It's called "reading the entire sentence".

It has to do with context and all.

You don't understand. You're probably not even reading this...

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#199111 Jan 4, 2014
<quoted text>
I just hope he like toenails with his cornflakes for breakfast..........
;o)
Stories for another day, Rider.

I'm not a one trick pony, ya know?

:-)

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#199112 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hominem fail.
No. Not an ad hominem. He is merely pointing out that you are an ignoramus of the American variety.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#199113 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider physical violence on an infant abusive.
I bet you beat infants, too and justify just like every other child abuser does.
At least I have the decency to admit I gave up my rights to see my daughter. I don't make excuses to justify it or claim I am better than everyone else for doing so.
You are scum, just like RR.
Here is another post explaining how a mistake in your life was you just thinking of someone else. Its just strange how I cant pick up just how nice of a guy you really are from your posts in all these years. Yup your just misunderstood Ben.

I beat up kids all the time Ben. You better believe the neighbor kids leave the ball in my yard when its hit there. they dont dare come after them anymore. By God they wont be cutting across my lawn with their bikes either. Little chitheads........I'll whoop em good........

I better add, sarcasm intended, or I'll be defending this for the rest of my stay on topix. from you and the resident barrister.........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#199114 Jan 4, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Stories for another day, Rider.
I'm not a one trick pony, ya know?
:-)
LOL, I'll bet your not..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min RiversideRedneck 2,563
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 119,101
I want my BF to have sex with another girl (Jan '13) 2 hr Freaky2 41
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 4 hr 17_y-o_older_sister 27
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 4 hr hideous 583
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 679,024
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 6 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web