Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257121 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#199020 Jan 4, 2014
hii sexy girl call me 09718291642

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#199021 Jan 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get the notion that it was deviant behavior? Where did the culture get it?
I don't disagree with Skom. It's been my experience that people in a particular setting or society, in which those people happen to be the majority, will view the minority with suspicion and quite often, ridicule.

Homophobes have a crutch to prop up their bigotry. We call that the Bible. I see that mostly from people born before 1980. The rest of it is just fear based on what a majority views as abnormal.

We've discussed this before, I think. The view of a white, heterosexual male with all his limbs and no known mental issues vs. the view of an Asian, homosexual female with one leg and a few stints in the "special house". I've been singled out for ridicule by the majority on all of those aspects of my life. That includes being female. I see more people stare and whisper when I walk through the mall on my crutches than I do when my prosthetic is covered by jeans and I'm holding hands with my girlfriend.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#199022 Jan 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Of God. Not like how you would understand. I'm a little universal..
No, you're unintelligible.

Fennario

#199023 Jan 4, 2014
Just to reinforce the earlier discussion on types of moral theory for those interested, you are now comparing denotological ethics - rule based ethics - which considers obedience to a categorical imperative the highest good, and virtue ethics, which judges the morality of an act by motivations and intentions. The third category was consequentialism, which judges the morality of actions by outcomes.
"Categorical imperative - an unconditional moral law that applies to all rational beings and is independent of any personal motive or desire."
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/categorical+...
Skombolis wrote:
Interesting I had been meaning to work my way back to your first post on that. I think these different systems deserve study. I personally think each system has some good ideas and could be pulled to form a justice system whose actual goal was to see justice done. Not simply protect the status quo or make money or punish but actual justice
I'm glad that you were intrigued by that. These philosophical constructs are a useful way to view moral theory and to classify the various proposed systems.

Fennario

#199024 Jan 4, 2014
It took too long to load. Maybe you can quote the part you cared about.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You don't have to read it, just scroll to page 84 like I said. I can't copy/paste it for you - it's a PDF and the iPhone no likey PDF.
I would still have to wait for it to load.

If its just Army Regulation 601-210 Chapter 6-18, I already read it.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#199025 Jan 4, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text> Do you also consider lifetime ban on Gay blood donation discrimination?
Yes. It's flagrant discrimination.

There are tests for blood borne pathogens. HIV/AIDS is just one of those.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#199026 Jan 4, 2014
Jim wrote:
You have no interest in Science so you can f*ck of back to your cult cave and pray yourself retarded for all I care.
You're wrong, Jimbo.

I have an interest in science.

I just don't capitalize and worship it like you.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#199027 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of these Topix Atheists! remind me of that dumb girl in the insurance commercial...
"They can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true."
That girl is hot !!!

Bonjour

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199028 Jan 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A baby is a very young child.
Your child can be a "kid" to you forever, but he's no longer a baby once he becomes a toddler. There are stages of development: newborn, baby, toddler, child.
A parent should never--I repeat--NEVER--strike a baby; hit a baby; lay a hand on a baby. Not for any reason. One does not use corporal punishment on a baby. We can disagree on spanking in general, but we're talking about a baby here.
We can continue do discuss this if you like.
If you want, sure. But what'd be the point? You know my approval of corporal punishment and I know your opinion of it.

Neither are likely to change.

So we can debate it, but that'll likely just lead to name calling and childish bullshit.

You don't want that, do you?

Fennario

#199029 Jan 4, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Jim wrote:
"god" is how religious liars spell "I don't really know or care how the universe works",
<quoted text>
You, Buck, waaasssuuup, porter and viking are just five examples.
Hey Witchy Woman.

I heard Porter was dead, But we have a poster here from Pelham, Alabama that is reminiscent of him.

Fennario

#199030 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Nice post.
That was gay.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199031 Jan 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dodge.
You can run, RR, but you can't hide from the facts.
So, what's your response to River's post about Asians?
Another dodge?
I responded.

Page 9551.

Go fish.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#199032 Jan 4, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> Does that translate to morality by consensus or does each individual decide what is moral for themselves? What is the standard and how it is achieved?
In which society?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199033 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I consider hitting a baby because it cried in public to be physical abuse.
Correct.
You wouldn't have written this post had to read the entirety of mine.

You deceitful little prick.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#199034 Jan 4, 2014
sohilsingh wrote:
hii sexy girl call me 09718291642
Here ya go River, this guy wants you to call him..........

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199035 Jan 4, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year
Old news.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199036 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
"Atheists aren't humans" - RR
You said you consider lying to be immoral.

Now you lie.

Deceitful little prick.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199037 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
So when you said that "a son" isn't " a child" defending your Bible's instruction to kill disobedient children.That was a lie ?
Another lie you are caught in by your very own words.
No lie. The Bible says son, not child.

There's a difference.

Even at 50, you're a son.

I know you won't understand.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199038 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

You are correct.
But that doesn't mean there isn't any evidence to offer...
BenAdam wrote:
None has been presented in 2000 years.
All you have is words..
You are correct.

But that doesn't mean there isn't any evidence to offer...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#199039 Jan 4, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with Skom. It's been my experience that people in a particular setting or society, in which those people happen to be the majority, will view the minority with suspicion and quite often, ridicule.
Homophobes have a crutch to prop up their bigotry. We call that the Bible. I see that mostly from people born before 1980. The rest of it is just fear based on what a majority views as abnormal.
We've discussed this before, I think. The view of a white, heterosexual male with all his limbs and no known mental issues vs. the view of an Asian, homosexual female with one leg and a few stints in the "special house". I've been singled out for ridicule by the majority on all of those aspects of my life. That includes being female. I see more people stare and whisper when I walk through the mall on my crutches than I do when my prosthetic is covered by jeans and I'm holding hands with my girlfriend.
You stand against freedom of religion and the US Constitution. If we do not have a choice then we’re not free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min onemale 282,849
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min bad bob 183,439
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Catcher1 70,002
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Toby 974,598
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Anthony MN 658,358
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,969
Clinton Hackers Of The Rich And Famous 1 hr Chelsea 1
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr gundee123 4,918
More from around the web