Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#198590 Jan 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You lack the necessary understanding, DogPoop.
You want to make it the public's business, and not the public's business.
You want it reflected in law, but private.
You don't get it both ways. Moron.
There are no stupid question they say. Only stupid people who say,“don’t ask questions.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#198591 Jan 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your useless and futile opinion, AssLump.
You're most welcome Bucky duck drools a lot :)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#198592 Jan 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be completely dominated.
The victim and beneficiary of scarves.
.. you must first interrogate and punish my enemies in my inner sanctum of obedience. Only then will the final phase of my plan be carried out ..

Location hidden

#198593 Jan 3, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>And atheists are supposed to be rational?
When someone makes a definitive claim the burden of proof in support of that claim is on the person voicing it.
***yet another allegedgod bot malfunctioning***

Yes yes, keep repeating that, you never know, if you write it enough times, the Scientific community might pay attention.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#198594 Jan 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
A special gift?
You were an insignificant accident in a long series of accidents.
If this life is all there is, you mean nothing, and no note should be taken of you.
I enjoyed this fifty years of an "accident of birth".

I feel bad for you. If life is so bad and there is a glorious afterlife waiting for you, then why don;t you commit suicide ? Is it because you don;t have any faith or because you don;t have any courage ?

If I honestly believed that I was going to an eternal paradise after death I would put a bullet in my brain in a second. I think most afterlife believers are either liars or cowards.

Location hidden

#198595 Jan 3, 2014
"Biblical morals."

BWAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#198596 Jan 3, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's no god, there's no actual law, meaning its only a person's view that murder is wrong.
So if there's no god, there technically means that nothing is wrong with murder or any other bad thing.
What a sorry ass human you are, you're a disgrace to your species, that without a celestial dictator you wouldn't instinctively KNOW that killing another human was wrong.

Societies make the laws, without any input from an imaginary demon God, it's individual societies that decide what constitutes a crime, what is harmful to others, what is or is not acceptable behavior.

I have no God, I totally reject the idea that God/Gods exist. How is it that I KNOW raping my neighbors daughter is wrong? How is it I KNOW that taking something that does not belong to me is wrong? And how do I KNOW that murder is wrong? I know because I realize the pain and anguish I would feel if someone murdered a loved one. I KNOW because unlike the Christian death cults, I can see the value of life, the knowledge that this life is all we are going to have, so life becomes so very precious.

You're a terrible human being for harboring such thoughts, religion has poisoned your mind to the extent that you would murder, rape, torture, do horrendous things if your God wasn't riding herd over you. Absolutely disgusting!!!!

If it could be proven beyond doubt, that God/Gods did NOT exist, would you suddenly begin to murder, rape, steal, torture, inflict bodily harm at will? If your answer to this is NO, then why wouldn't you do these things? I'm betting you can't give me an honest answer..........

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#198597 Jan 3, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should try reading Chris Rodda's Debunking David Barton's Jefferson Lies. You might actually learn some real history.
Bwahahahahah....

Chris Rodda!

Bwahahahahahah...

You are in luck. I am familiar with Rodda.

SHE IS A NUT! A BONIFIED FRUITCAKE! AND A LIAR!

We are talking about the same Chris Rodda who:

Is the atheist research director for Military Religious Freedom Foundation, whose track record includes this:

....forcing the cancellation of the Rev. Franklin Graham’s participation at the
Pentagon’s National Day of Prayer ceremony;

...removing the centuries old religious “just war” component from military training
on nuclear ethics;

... forcing the retraction of an invitation for Major-General Jerry Boykin, former head
of Delta Force and Special Forces but also an outspoken Christian, to address the U.
S. Military Academy at West Point;

...halting the time-honored use of military emblems on Bibles sold in base exchanges
on military posts;

... attacking the Army’s long-standing “spiritual fitness” component of its broad
commitment to meet the diverse needs of its soldiers, including through religious
activities or expressions.

She claims to have debunked Barton by using....are you ready for this.....

HER OWN BOOK!!

She debunked nothing. Nothing.

Here is video of the nutty bitch. If you can watch it more than 3 minutes, my hat is off to you. Bwahahahaha....

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#198598 Jan 3, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....Ole Festus was a gem..........
I live in the town Ken Curtis grew up in. His father was the sheriff for a while. The family lived above the jail. The story is the Festus character was developed from a local guy back then that would come to town, get drunk, get tossed in the jail to sleep it off, and then go home.

That old jail is not a big building. It is a nice old two story that was refurbished as a heritage preservation project and sits in front of the county courthouse, which was refurbished at the same time. Has a beautiful gold roof that shines very pretty in the sunlight at a distance. Still the county courthouse.

Had a neat sight to see once when driving in from the south about a mile and a half away. One of the ranchers here had refurbed a big old buckboard and had taken the family on a trip to town in it like the old days. Was neat, watching the horses clop clop pulling this wagon full of kids heading to town. Was late afternoon and all you could see of the town was that gold roof shining down the road in the sun, rising above the trees. The same as it looked for a century minus the paved road.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#198600 Jan 3, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....Ole Festus was a gem..........
One of my favorites.[smiling]
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#198601 Jan 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the town Ken Curtis grew up in. His father was the sheriff for a while. The family lived above the jail. The story is the Festus character was developed from a local guy back then that would come to town, get drunk, get tossed in the jail to sleep it off, and then go home.
That old jail is not a big building. It is a nice old two story that was refurbished as a heritage preservation project and sits in front of the county courthouse, which was refurbished at the same time. Has a beautiful gold roof that shines very pretty in the sunlight at a distance. Still the county courthouse.
Had a neat sight to see once when driving in from the south about a mile and a half away. One of the ranchers here had refurbed a big old buckboard and had taken the family on a trip to town in it like the old days. Was neat, watching the horses clop clop pulling this wagon full of kids heading to town. Was late afternoon and all you could see of the town was that gold roof shining down the road in the sun, rising above the trees. The same as it looked for a century minus the paved road.
He was one of the best. Thank you for telling us about him.

[tipping hat].

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#198602 Jan 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoyed this fifty years of an "accident of birth".
I feel bad for you. If life is so bad and there is a glorious afterlife waiting for you, then why don;t you commit suicide ? Is it because you don;t have any faith or because you don;t have any courage ?
If I honestly believed that I was going to an eternal paradise after death I would put a bullet in my brain in a second. I think most afterlife believers are either liars or cowards.
No, you would not. You are lying.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#198603 Jan 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, yer talkin about Otis Campbell...

;o)
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#198604 Jan 3, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that those "rights" and "wrongs" you get from your god were actually written down by men and passed down through the generations, right?
You also realize that as mankind has moved through the millennia, what is viewed as right or wrong has changed, right?
Let me put it to you like this. If murdering people was legal. There would be very few people on the earth including you and I.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#198605 Jan 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you would not. You are lying.
I don't claim there is an afterlife.
You do.

Are you a liar or a coward, Buck ?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#198606 Jan 3, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's no god, there's no actual law, meaning its only a person's view that murder is wrong.
So if there's no god, there technically means that nothing is wrong with murder or any other bad thing.
What an utterly ridiculous opinion that has absolutely no basis in fact.

Did you actually think that would work?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#198607 Jan 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me put it to you like this. If murdering people was legal. There would be very few people on the earth including you and I.
Yeah, genius, that's why its illegal.

That, of course, and the fact that the vast majority of humans aren't sociopaths.

I do, however, wonder about the religious people on here who would apparently go on murder sprees if it weren't for their god.

Scary bunch of people.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#198608 Jan 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You do.
FOR YOU most everyone is liar or cowrad

what about you?
seems to me you are puppet retarded toy prince of all lies

see you later my dear Benio Niu Nio pee pee

“"None shall pass"”

There

#198609 Jan 3, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, genius, that's why its illegal.
That, of course, and the fact that the vast majority of humans aren't sociopaths.
I do, however, wonder about the religious people on here who would apparently go on murder sprees if it weren't for their god.
Scary bunch of people.
1700 years of atrocities by Christianity supports you.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#198610 Jan 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You do.
You're stupid.

I believe there is an afterlife. I am not certain.

Even if I were certain, I wouldn't shoot myself in the head.

What would be the hurry?

I should not argue with people as stupid as you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min oneear69 37,310
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Seentheotherside 688,927
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Gabriel 988,601
You are of your father.....the devil 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Paul is dead 77
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr my opinions 459
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,553
More from around the web