Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#197775 Dec 31, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"Happy Holidays" is used most often by groups towards the public. It covers those other holidays.
It's a convenient greeting for individuals to use because it works without alienating anyone, except some unreasonable irrational Christians.
Zactly.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#197776 Dec 31, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Well in Oz, all the major holidays coincide with our long summer holiday, what you guys call summer break.
Not everyone celebrates Solstice.
Not everyone celebrates New Years.
Not everyone celebrates Chinese New Years.
Happy Holidays covers all of it, including the summer holidays/summer break.
We live in a somewhat polite society.
Say you celebrate Solstice and I don't, I'll say happy holidays, out of respect for you and because it covers everything, therefore, my summer holiday too.
Just so you know Tide, had I been explaining this just to you, I would have used less words.
Happy New Year Tide with Beach!
I don't recognize the passage of time. If I did, I'd be turning 30 very soon.

You be happy though, as many days as you can manage.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#197777 Dec 31, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Did you read the book Into the Buzzsaw? I know it covered the case you speak of ch. 13 out of Tampa. Funny thing is just before that time the ownership of that station changed but I agree much of what passes for news is a joke no matter the network. Hell even fox news led to ol Hank being fired from espn because of his thoughts on the President. Back to that book, I started it and think it made some valid points but jumped the shark toward the end, especially on twa 800. Jmo. Thanks again for prayer, we need it.
No I didn't read the book. I could create a small library with the books I want to read and don't have the time to get to. I used to read a ton when I was younger. I have read maybe a dozen books since college. Mostly Ludlum and Clancy and a few Dark Tower books. And half of those were when I was unemployed. I wish I read more but just can't seem to squeeze it in these days.

Yeah I agree that "news" today is a joke. And the owners of the news stations really don't even care about the target audience. Whichever one happens to be bigger they will go for. And IMO the process is designed to keep people divided and looking anywhere but the direction of those in power. Some people may call that conspiracy theory but whatever it is, I believe it

Keep me updated on the father-in-law

(T) Peace

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#197778 Dec 31, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
It's well known that no deities exist, you and those like you believing in your imaginary pretend gods don't change the fact any more than a schizophrenic asserting there are luck dragons all around us, makes it true.
Your opening claim places the burden of proof on you. You are claiming more than you can prove.It is well known that you and other do not BELIEVE deities exist not in fact that deities do not exist.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#197779 Dec 31, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>I don't recognize the passage of time. If I did, I'd be turning 30 very soon.

You be happy though, as many days as you can manage.
Aw.

Location hidden

#197780 Dec 31, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read about Genetically modified food?
Were almost gauranteed cancer form it and our congress passed laws to the processors that they dont have to warn us the food is genetically modified. In fact they gave them permission to even make it sound healthy. They no doubt have bought stocks in the HC industry, and its why they require all of us to have HC.Ins. they dont want to see their investments tumble when we all go in for our treatments. They wanna make sure someone pays the bills..........
Why do we put up with this chit? I've written my congressman about it and asked, why?
Lemme guess. A form letter or no reply?

One of my parents used to work high up in a pharmaceutical company and the FDA is as crooked as they come. When you consider the billions on the line on who gets a 7 or 10 year patent and its no surprise though.

As for why we put up with it? My feeling is most people have to lose their home and be out in the street before they care about anything that happens outside their own backyard. And the few that do care have become exasperated at the futility of trying to affect any change whatsoever and have given up banging their head against the wall.

I wish I knew why more people didn't care. I hear about things like Woodstock in the 70's and sure it might have been an excuse partly to do drugs and have sex but people actually protested things and cared what was going on in the world and in their governemnt. My generation didn't seem to care about chit. And it seems to have gotten worse since then. Apathy is so rampant that sometimes I wonder just how bad it will have to get before people say "hey wait a minute" and start holding people accountable.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#197781 Dec 31, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
You could invite them for a drink and try to talk them out of it?
I probably wouldn't bother with dudes.

If they were young ladies that would be a possibility.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#197782 Dec 31, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>Your opening claim places the burden of proof on you. You are claiming more than you can prove.It is well known that you and other do not BELIEVE deities exist not in fact that deities do not exist.
No it doesn't.

Even if it did, which it does not, there is no evidence for the existence of any deities.

Stories about invisible friends is not evidence.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#197783 Dec 31, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>I probably wouldn't bother with dudes.

If they were young ladies that would be a possibility.
Fair enough.

Location hidden

#197784 Dec 31, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Skombolis went to university of the united states, I think he knows a lot about vonnegut
You are one useless poster

And I say that on Topix where you really have to be useless to stand out

I am surprised you gave yourself a clown name

Not because it doesn't fit but simply because I didn't think you would have the self-awareness

Hey at least you know what you are

You probably have a "proud to troll" T-shirt

Location hidden

#197785 Dec 31, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Loose with the facts again, ScumBolus.
Fox has straight news with Shephard Smith every day. It has straight news during the day, and news updates throughout the day, either hourly or half-hourly. On weekends, it has Chris Wallace, who is not an idealogue.
And on the opinion shows, they have panels of guests, not one host making jokes.
Among those panels you get liberals like Bob Beckel, who ran Walter Mondale's campaign, Juan Williams, who worked for NPR, Howard Kurtz, who works for a liberal newspaper, and Alan Combs, who is to the left of Code Pink.
Once again, you have no clue what you are talking about.
Maybe you could discuss wine??
Once again, read slower and smarter dummy

"Almost all of Fox News is editorials now" is what I said

You do know the difference between "all" and "almost" right?

Wow it has two people that aren't ideologues and one person who actually gives the news the way it is supposed on a 24 hour news station

And I pointed out they don't tell jokes in my first reply. I said, "At least not intentionally"

seriously for a guy that is always trying to tell anyone that will listen how smart he is, you are all packaging and no substance

You may be the most articulate dumbfuck I have ever come across

Does it actually fool anyone?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#197786 Dec 31, 2013

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#197787 Dec 31, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's silly. Why would anybody feel tense when people walk toward them? Only sheep would answer anything other than "C".
Yeah. I never thought of it that way.

Nobody ever feels threatened on a dark street at night.

Not even when threatened.

When I walk toward them in the dark, cursing under my breath, at 6'7 and 320, people don't get tense.

They think I'm a Candy-Gram Man.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#197788 Dec 31, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
You are claiming more than you can prove.It is well known that you and other do not BELIEVE deities exist not in fact that deities do not exist.
That is what we have been telling you religitards for centuries.

Now! Where is the proof your deity exists anywhere but in your feeble mind ?

Location hidden

#197793 Dec 31, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, RR, but I call BS on this.
You are just upset because you feel your Christian privileged is being undermined.
Merry Christmas is still Merry Christmas. But the problem with Merry Christmas is it excludes all those other holidays and emphasizes Christianity and nothing else.
Happy Holidays INCLUDES Christmas and all the others. It shows tolerance of the diversity of religions (and secular viewpoints as well) rather than being exclusive like Merry Christmas is. Happy Holidays is just an admission that our country is a melting pot of religions as well as ethnic backgrounds.
If YOU want to say Merry Christmas, go right ahead. No one is trying to stop you. But there are some that realize there are other people out there other than Christians. They want to be tolerant and inclusive and have started saying Happy Holidays since Christmas isn't the only holiday around the winter solstice.
BTW...it is Christmas warriors like you the have gotten me to STOP saying Merry Christmas. If you had kept your traps shut, I would still be using Merry Christmas as my default holiday greeting.
Christians aren't upset about someone who chooses to say "Happy Holidays"

They are upset by those who are told by their employer they have to

Or because in most cases it is a knee-jerk political correctness in a culture that has become so ridiculously soft that nobody can say anything any more without it supposedly offending or ostracizing someone. RR actually gave me the example of having to call "blackboards" what they have always been called, they have to be called "chalkboards" now

If someone decided on their own, "Hey I want to be more inclusive in my holiday greetings as I think that would be a nicer thing to do" then I would say "hey it's a free country. Do what you think is best"

But that isn't what is going on. People are doing it to avoid complaints as a marketing strategy or being forced to do it. So on top of everything else, it isn't even genuine., I hate any form of bigotry but i will also say the political correctness has gone way overboard in this country

JMO

(T) Peace

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#197794 Dec 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are one useless poster
And I say that on Topix where you really have to be useless to stand out
I am surprised you gave yourself a clown name
Not because it doesn't fit but simply because I didn't think you would have the self-awareness
Hey at least you know what you are
You probably have a "proud to troll" T-shirt
You are LESS than useless, E Bolus.

Saying nothing, being useless, is better than the liberal hack-sandwiches you post.

Bongo is far from naive enough to let your opinion matter to him.

Also not naive enough to think all president's are vetted so thoroughly, we cannot get a fake patriot.

Did you ever hear if Slick Willie found his draft notice?

Better put some ice on that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#197795 Dec 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, read slower and smarter dummy
"Almost all of Fox News is editorials now" is what I said
You do know the difference between "all" and "almost" right?
Wow it has two people that aren't ideologues and one person who actually gives the news the way it is supposed on a 24 hour news station
And I pointed out they don't tell jokes in my first reply. I said, "At least not intentionally"
seriously for a guy that is always trying to tell anyone that will listen how smart he is, you are all packaging and no substance
You may be the most articulate dumbfuck I have ever come across
Does it actually fool anyone?
I guess you are one of those who elevate yourself by stepping on others?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#197796 Dec 31, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I prepare for you before new year,glass of Champign
made from cow urines mixed with rabbit feces to make fermentations and bubbles,
you poor disguisting creature like like filthy fallen morally human,
I told you,
you can ban your past stupid husband like you and your kids,
for sure not Dr Shrink
I fart at your wicked abominable ugly rat face
Still better than Bucky duck, cheers Shrinkie dinkie doo doo :)

I'd just like to thank you and all your christian pals for all the great work y'all do here.

***See kids?***
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#197797 Dec 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what we have been telling you religitards for centuries.
Now! Where is the proof your deity exists anywhere but in your feeble mind ?
Now, where's the proof that God doesn't exists anywhere but in your feeble mind ?

Location hidden

#197798 Dec 31, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are LESS than useless, E Bolus.
Saying nothing, being useless, is better than the liberal hack-sandwiches you post.
Bongo is far from naive enough to let your opinion matter to him.
Also not naive enough to think all president's are vetted so thoroughly, we cannot get a fake patriot.
Did you ever hear if Slick Willie found his draft notice?
Better put some ice on that.
Wow, you turned my name "skombolis" into "E Bolus"

Maybe you are smarter than I thought?

Tell ya what, why don't you give me a list of the non-patriotic presidents we have had so far

I mean, I am sure you are not just a partisan whack-job so far down the road of propaganda and rhetoric that you can't even separate truth from bullshit any more, even your own, but let's test it anyway

Who were the unpatriotic presidents? Was it just Clinton?

I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife. So I am looking forward to bot only your answers but your proofs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min waaasssuuup 810,764
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Robert F 574,686
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 15 min New Age Spiritual... 33,178
Any son's ever see there mom's having sex with ... 17 min Jambodave 2
Is Compton a nice place to visit for a holiday 18 min Jambodave 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 38 min Wyle E Coyote 2,027
mom ki chudai 41 min riya 07804877162 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 608,325
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pokay 269,141
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,936
More from around the web