Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245138 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#197857 Dec 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't be such a hypocrite
Buck engaged me and started with the insults. Which are still prevalent in the post i responded too
You lose all credibility when you do things like that
Perhaps you have not read the exchanges from the beginning or even the post I replied to?
I must admit one of my faults is not reading every post from everybody.

I ask for forgiveness.[taking hat off]

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#197858 Dec 31, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You came to your conclusion based on nothing.
Congratulations, you have knowledge of nothing.
Scar Tissue wrote:
It's these irony laden statements made by the Christian that I enjoy the most.

It's okay, you'll get it someday, big guy.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#197859 Dec 31, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for posting this as I didn't click on her link. The amount of crap and outright bigotry you just posted from it shows much. In the last 10 years I've worshiped at two non-denominational churches and can say its pure crap. In fact unlike certain people in this very forum they do much for the poor but often say nothing of it. Its becoming more clear to me those the carry on the most about bigotry (she and Catcher are perfect examples) are so blind with it.
Thanks,

There’s lot’s of hypocrisy among militant Atheist and even among the left in our society as a whole.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#197861 Dec 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<gives Buck a lifesaver>
It's okay, you'll get it someday, big guy.
Thanks, man.

Until then, kiss my big ass.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#197863 Dec 31, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, man.
Until then, kiss my big ass.
I don't kiss ass. Maybe your boy Ar Ar is an option.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#197864 Dec 31, 2013
friend of wings wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it nice knowing they go to Hell after their long-awaited deaths?
I've pondered the fate of the damned in the imaginary Christian Hell-fire!

I figure that they get used to it, and in the end are like fish in water.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#197865 Dec 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I've pondered the fate of the damned in the imaginary Christian Hell-fire!
I figure that they get used to it, and in the end are like fish in water.
"The fire of Hell is more inviting than getting the eternal 'cold shoulder' in Heaven." ME 11:35

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#197866 Dec 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"The fire of Hell is more inviting than getting the eternal 'cold shoulder' in Heaven." ME 11:35
You won't find that my friend, you're invite ...

Happy New Year ,mishpacha :)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#197867 Dec 31, 2013
friend of wings wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it nice knowing they go to Hell after their long-awaited deaths?
"Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?"(Ezekiel 33:11)

There is found no comfort in another ones misery.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#197869 Dec 31, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't find that my friend, you're invite ...
Happy New Year ,mishpacha :)
Well, my friend, their are many a Christian who would have you in Hades along with me. LOL

That would be Heaven.

"The meal placed on the table is never as important as those sitting around it." - How to plan a good party
PresidentOdummy

Montréal, Canada

#197871 Dec 31, 2013
Divine Alien wrote:
When we leave this world, we are going back to God himself.
Atheists and Homosexuals=FKed UP

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#197872 Dec 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my friend, their are many a Christian who would have you in Hades along with me. LOL
Yeah , I know, I don't agree with Tim Lahaye<smiles>
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#197873 Dec 31, 2013
friend of wings wrote:
2 Peter 3:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#197874 Dec 31, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Peter 3:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Sometimes a parent has sit back and let his children make their own mistakes. It is not easy for the parent or the child to do.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#197875 Dec 31, 2013
So you admit you believe in unicorns? How about logical fallacies, do you think those exist.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is arguing that unicorns don't exist?
Someone is arguing that god doesn't exist.
Why do you like to talk about unicorns?
Is it the horn?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#197876 Dec 31, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight.
When you are talking to a non-christian, you feel the need to call the holiday named "Christmas" something other than its name, which is "Christmas".
So when you are talking to a non-Jewish person, and the subject of Hannukah comes up, you would call it,...what,..."Happy Multiple Candles"?
Do you ever have trouble keeping all the bull shit in your head straight, Deadwood?
The only people being slighted when a Christmas greeting is given are Christians, if some dumbass like you calls the holiday something other than its name.
You got that, Fuckwit?
The only people slighted by a Christmas greeting - ever - in history - are Christians.
Gee, Buck, I see that once again you totally failed to understand what I was saying. Big surprise.

What I was saying was that if I wanted to say a greeting for the season of holidays (which includes far more holidays than just Christmas) I now say "Happy Holidays".

One of the reasons I do this these days is because of people like you that insist one must say "Merry Christmas" and ignore all the other holidays.

Seasons Greetings to you, oh Christmas warrior.

(BTW...looks like the old insulting Buck is back on line. Didn't expect that it would take long for him to return.)

#197877 Dec 31, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for taking "almost all" to mean "almost all".
Well, seems pretty clear now that in Buck's mind (what little there is of it) "almost all" actually does mean "all".

“Love much, trust none”

There

#197878 Dec 31, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, Buck, I see that once again you totally failed to understand what I was saying. Big surprise.
What I was saying was that if I wanted to say a greeting for the season of holidays (which includes far more holidays than just Christmas) I now say "Happy Holidays".
One of the reasons I do this these days is because of people like you that insist one must say "Merry Christmas" and ignore all the other holidays.
Seasons Greetings to you, oh Christmas warrior.
(BTW...looks like the old insulting Buck is back on line. Didn't expect that it would take long for him to return.)
When he runs out of schtick he picks up a stick.

#197879 Dec 31, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that, Fuckwit?
There is an old term used in Shaara's The Killer Angels that fits you perfectly, Buck.

"Pea wit".

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#197880 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see no justifiable reason to kill a person for a belief.
I'm not atheist.
Then you have better morals than your god.

That last sentence was funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Buck Crick 865,694
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Robert F 600,119
The Christian Atheist debate 18 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,043
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 35 min waaasssuuup 445,138
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Grunt56 222,001
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr -Stray Dog 6,545
White Lives MATTER 2 hr Burke Devlin 115
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 9 hr cute94 465
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 19 hr andy 45
More from around the web