Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#197486 Dec 30, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So when a fellow christian lies it be "fibbin", when I say something you don't like I be a "liar".
Who's a bigot?
You're the bigot.

He was talking about dating a female Bigfoot, obviously he was joking.

I don't call people liars for telling a joke
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#197487 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. sorry, but if the spirit of the Lord exists in you, simple parables would suffice, not lofty words void of content ..
Its fun HL , lets take a deep breath ok.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#197488 Dec 30, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
<quoted text> She was probably just as disgusted at the whole three ring circus as was a lot of others. Probably hyperbolic in her response.
I hope that was the case

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#197489 Dec 30, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly I mean you no harm. If you are doing this because of the fun factor then I’m really ok with that. But it it’s because you really believe you’re two different people. Please get some help. You can afford therapy.
.. here we go again ..

.. along with being a shemale, I starred in THE THREE FACES OF EVE ..

.. can't you make up your mind ??..

.. you're unable to detect the difference between male and female energy nor do you understand the different cadence classifications in writing. My posts are layered; Catcher's are lyrical ..

.. I doubt if I could ever write lyrics as well as Catcher ..

.. could I write like you? Sure, that would be easy. Here, let me show you ..

Dear Eagle:

I mean you no harm because I love you. Jesus teaches us to hate the sin (judgement) and love the sinner (you). So, I love you like Jesus. May God bless you and keep you well. You might want to seek therapy for your delusion.

All my love, HL

.. see how easy that was ??..
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#197490 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yep, it's a true story ..
.. want his America Express card number? I found out he has an unlimited credit line. We're presently building a new cat shelter with $1,200 scratching posts and Purina has agreed to ship us $150,000 worth of cat food for $100,000 ..
.. whatta man !!..
That’s great you,(Catcher) love animals and have dedicated time and resources to them. Also hats off to Purina.[applauding]

[tipping hat].
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#197491 Dec 30, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, funny. I'm going to induce an ass-whoopin' to come over you.
well after 14 years in the big house, oh nevermind, it was funny and worth a beating

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#197492 Dec 30, 2013
Buck considers himself a wit. He is half right.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#197493 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You're the bigot.

He was talking about dating a female Bigfoot, obviously he was joking.

I don't call people liars for telling a joke
Yes you do.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#197494 Dec 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know Fox News won a lawsuit against am employee they fired because they refused to give a report that they knew was untrue? The court actually ruled a news station is allowed to lie if it is done in an editorial format. It's crazy. And while it happened to be Fox News, all the major news networks hailed it as a victory for free speech. It is sad to see what is viewed as "news" today.
Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Will keep you guys in prayer
(T) Peace
Have you read about Genetically modified food?

Were almost gauranteed cancer form it and our congress passed laws to the processors that they dont have to warn us the food is genetically modified. In fact they gave them permission to even make it sound healthy. They no doubt have bought stocks in the HC industry, and its why they require all of us to have HC.Ins. they dont want to see their investments tumble when we all go in for our treatments. They wanna make sure someone pays the bills..........

Why do we put up with this chit? I've written my congressman about it and asked, why?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#197495 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. so, we've already met, right ??..
.. sometimes I enter people's dreams, take many forms, even Bigfoot ..
.. you can identify me by my hairy armpits ..

I don’t hate you Catcher. I just don’t understand you. Peace to you always.[tipping hat]

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#197496 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I should watch more Daily Show and you should watch more Fox News.
Then revisit this in a few months...
Have you seen Hobbit 2 yet?
Fair enough

No I haven't seen it. Was it good?

Honestly I didn't even know there was an original Hobbit

I may check it out now. I am always looking for good movies

I saw The Butler the other day with Forrest Whittaker and that was really good. I also saw Captain Phillips and it was a decent movie but I was glad I didn't find out until after that it may not have been portrayed very accurately. I guess the crew has sued the Captain and company in real life and claim he intentionally disregarded warnings about pirates and also sailed 4x closer to the coast then they were supposed to save time and money even after being warned about the pirates. And unlike the movie, he never offered himself in exchange for his crew.

I really want to see that Lost Vegas movie

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#197497 Dec 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> lets face it HL, youre bigoted against Christians , sesquipedalians and even my syntax. Are you having a bad day ? Have you considered Bucks paradise? He might make you switch sides again.
.. I have no problem with the teachings of Jesus ..

.. I have a problem with Evangelical churches that preach bigotry ..

.. there's a big difference ..

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#197498 Dec 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know Fox News won a lawsuit against am employee they fired because they refused to give a report that they knew was untrue? The court actually ruled a news station is allowed to lie if it is done in an editorial format. It's crazy. And while it happened to be Fox News, all the major news networks hailed it as a victory for free speech. It is sad to see what is viewed as "news" today.
Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Will keep you guys in prayer
(T) Peace
Thanks. Did you read the book Into the Buzzsaw? I know it covered the case you speak of ch. 13 out of Tampa. Funny thing is just before that time the ownership of that station changed but I agree much of what passes for news is a joke no matter the network. Hell even fox news led to ol Hank being fired from espn because of his thoughts on the President. Back to that book, I started it and think it made some valid points but jumped the shark toward the end, especially on twa 800. Jmo. Thanks again for prayer, we need it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#197499 Dec 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I hope that was the case
If you read the wiki article those involved use hyperbole in their criticisms of each other.

bete noire. lit. black beast.[for example]

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/b%C3%AAte_noire

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#197500 Dec 30, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
150 horror movies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AtNJEVtyy5IXX&list=PLC2C9 BFC77856C976
Thanks!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#197501 Dec 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read about Genetically modified food?
Were almost gauranteed cancer form it and our congress passed laws to the processors that they dont have to warn us the food is genetically modified. In fact they gave them permission to even make it sound healthy. They no doubt have bought stocks in the HC industry, and its why they require all of us to have HC.Ins. they dont want to see their investments tumble when we all go in for our treatments. They wanna make sure someone pays the bills..........
Why do we put up with this chit? I've written my congressman about it and asked, why?
Indeed. That was the point I liked on that book. Same reason diet cola was once off limits and now its cool. Worship of money. Do the best we can. Btw off point but on my route today I saw a sign saying and I quote "Obamacare sign up center" using his logo. I thought most didn't like it called that? Wish I had time to take a picture.

Location hidden

#197502 Dec 30, 2013
Human Rights and Ugandan Gays.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/b%C3%AAte_noire

In considering whether the Rolling Stone’s publication of alleged homosexuals’ names, addresses and preferred social hang-outs constituted a violation of the applicant’s constitutional rights, the Court, ruled that:

1) The motion is not about homosexuality per se, but ‘…it is about fundamental rights and freedoms,’ in particular about whether ‘the publication infringed the rights of the applicants or threatened to do so’.

2) The jurisdiction of Article 50 (1) of the Constitution is dual in nature, in that it extends not just to any person ‘whose fundamental rights or other rights or freedoms have been infringed in the first place,’ but also to ‘persons whose fundamental rights or other rights or freedoms are threatened to be infringed.’

3) Inciting people to hang homosexuals is an attack on the right to dignity of those thus threatened:‘the call to hang gays in dozens tends to tremendously threaten their right to human dignity.’

4) Homosexuals are as entitled to the right to privacy as any other citizens. Against the ‘objective test’,‘the exposure of the identities of the persons and homes of the applicants for the purposes of fighting gayism and the activities of gays…threaten the rights of the applicants to privacy of the person and their homes.’

Rolling Stone not associated with American Magazine. Ugandan tabloid Rolling Stone probably not printing anymore.

Location hidden

#197503 Dec 30, 2013
Wrong Link to my above. Try this one.

http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/2011/01/04/co...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#197504 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I have no problem with the teachings of Jesus ..
.. I have a problem with Evangelical churches that preach bigotry ..
.. there's a big difference ..
Exactly!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#197505 Dec 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
scurried seemed like a good word because you didn't stay and fight
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Stay and fight what how? What would you have had me do from within the United States that can't be done where I am? What are you doing from where you are that I cannot do here? And fight what? The government? How? Voting? Petitions? Letters to a Congressman? Those are pointless. So what reason is there for me to remain in America? Why would you want me there? Your fellow conservatives don't
Bongo wrote:
How would I know, youre a lot smarter than me.
OK. You seemed to have been critical of my choice to expatriate. I couldn't do any more for you there than here. And I am happier here.

A friend of mine is really very unhappy because he has to move back to the States permanently in January. The reason is that his wife came down with amyloidosis, a rare medical condition, and she want's to return to Florida to get her treatment. He upset not only because his wife is ill, but also because his carefree life of sunshine and Margaritas, of cobblestones and burros, just turned into something that he considers much less appealing.

America is OK, but many of us like this better. So stay for what? Since you're letting me answer, I will: "Don't stay. Take your wife away and have a good life in Mexico."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min MOGA 26,124
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Rosesz 685,700
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 2 hr UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 9
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 27
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 3 hr UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 50
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr scientist 985,680
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Jake999 6,447
More from around the web