Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Jim

London, UK

#196776 Dec 28, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
A. ID is not creationism......
Oh yes it is. You guys are so desperate, you change Christianities name every few months!!

First it was Creationism - that failed.

Then it was Intelligent Design - that was luaghed out of a Kansas court by students.

However will you rebrand your failing cult next?

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#196777 Dec 28, 2013
"To put it in a different, albeit cheekier way: Defamation is good for GLAAD’s business. To bankrupt our society of LGBT defamation would certainly put GLAAD out of work. It’s hard for me to imagine I’m the only one who’s wondered about this."

http://ideas.time.com/2013/12/28/duck-dynasty...

The author has some other good observations. Read the whole article.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#196779 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes it is. You guys are so desperate, you change Christianities name every few months!!
First it was Creationism - that failed.
Then it was Intelligent Design - that was luaghed out of a Kansas court by students.
However will you rebrand your failing cult next?
Fortunately, the majority of people can still tell the difference between a University and a Bible College.

Sadly, most Bible College grads are too brainwashed to understand that they would have learned more facts at Clown College.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#196780 Dec 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Disappointed, not resent. I am way past the point of resenting people.
No you're not. Your posting exudes bitterness and resentment for Catcher and me. The one who disappointed you was yourself.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#196781 Dec 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not. Your posting exudes bitterness and resentment for Catcher and me. The one who disappointed you was yourself.
Dave attempts to impress with his pseudoscientific theories, to validate his lonely existence.

Of course he is bitter and resentful of those who have reached a level of success, while he ekes out a meager existence in an isolated Colorado town, relying solely on government entitlements.

Dave consistently insults me and attempts to besmirch my character. Nevertheless, I feel pity for the guy and have a hard time retaliating.

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#196782 Dec 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave attempts to impress with his pseudoscientific theories, to validate his lonely existence.
Of course he is bitter and resentful of those who have reached a level of success, while he ekes out a meager existence in an isolated Colorado town, relying solely on government entitlements.
Dave consistently insults me and attempts to besmirch my character. Nevertheless, I feel pity for the guy and have a hard time retaliating.
LOL!

Dave has nothing to be resentful of about you and IANS. In fact, Dave can only say there but for the grace of God go I.

Dave has had a life. He doesn't think yours is one he would have wanted. Too artificial and limited in scope. A lifetime of kindergarten and playing with toys was not my aim for my life experience.

Catcher, the depth of both your characters would require a hovercraft to transverse. I just aid you both in displaying what you have of it. I'm here for you, Catcher.

But I am disappointed in the waste of potential I witness you both exhibit. But I won't let that bother me.
Jim

London, UK

#196784 Dec 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not. Your posting exudes bitterness and resentment for Catcher and me. The one who disappointed you was yourself.
Some Creationists have psychological issues with accepting Atheism. It results in bitterness and trollery.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#196786 Dec 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your posting exudes bitterness and resentment for Catcher and me. The one who disappointed you was yourself.
Catcher1 wrote:
Dave attempts to impress with his pseudoscientific theories, to validate his lonely existence. Of course he is bitter and resentful of those who have reached a level of success, while he ekes out a meager existence in an isolated Colorado town, relying solely on government entitlements.

Dave consistently insults me and attempts to besmirch my character. Nevertheless, I feel pity for the guy and have a hard time retaliating.
Once again, we have very different reactions.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196787 Dec 28, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely agree
It always amazes me how many people seem to confuse freedom of speech with impunity of consequences when situations like these arise
He had his freedom of speech. Obviously. He was not charged or did not face action from the government. That is freedom of speech
What isn't guaranteed is that you can say whatever you want and expect there not to be consequences. I have the freedom of speech to tell my boss GFY. But i wonder how long I will be working after that? Most states are at-will. Most jobs have representation or moral clauses. And even the ones that don't have it spelled out can act on it
If someone opening their mouth to voice certain opinions convinces their boss they are no longer good for business, then they no longer hold value as an employee. That isn't prohibiting free speech. It is allowing the employer to exercise their rights as well
Phil Robertson was wrongfully terminated by his employer for his right to free speech and his religious freedom.

His employer A&E is subject to the laws of the United States in particular Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

SEC. 2000e-2.[Section 703]

(a) Employer practices

It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or

(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#196788 Dec 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Once again, we have very different reactions.
Yes, we do.

As we also do to RR, in reverse.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#196789 Dec 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Dave attempts to impress with his pseudoscientific theories, to validate his lonely existence. Of course he is bitter and resentful of those who have reached a level of success, while he ekes out a meager existence in an isolated Colorado town, relying solely on government entitlements. Dave consistently insults me and attempts to besmirch my character. Nevertheless, I feel pity for the guy and have a hard time retaliating.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave has had a life.
Had? You say that like your life is over.
Dave Nelson wrote:
He doesn't think yours is one he would have wanted. Too artificial and limited in scope.
Too limited? He does as he pleases and goes where he chooses. He was nearly at the south pole earlier this week. Have you ever been anywhere that wasn't a military assignment? Have you been outside yet this week?
Dave Nelson wrote:
A lifetime of kindergarten and playing with toys was not my aim for my life experience.
You were a tinkerer of some sort as I recall.

Did you ever get that new iPhone thawed it out? You seemed quite excited when it arrived.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196790 Dec 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
No. That's called business.
You know, like when I was working in a Gentlemen's Club as an exotic dancer. Well, one week I thought I had found religion so I told my boss that I would still work for him but I'll be dancing in a Burqa. That didn't go over so well.
<quoted text>
I agree.
<quoted text>
My Father is a Christian. We don't see eye to eye on a lot of issues but even though he believes in a god that doesn't exist, I love him dearly.
<quoted text>
Why would I want you to hate me?
You don't respect me. You agreed with the Duck dude who said I'm the same as a terrorist or somebody who has sex with animals. You agree with the Duck dude who said that black people were happy living segregated from the "normal" people. You're a bigot, Eagle and there's no way to spin that.
What I agreed with was Phil’s right to free speech and his right to exercise his religious freedom.

Just because some group doesn’t agree with Phil or his religious belief doesn’t give his employer a right to terminate him.

He is after all protected under the Civil Rights Act of 1967.
Which I very much agree to since it is in fact the law.
Jim

London, UK

#196791 Dec 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil Robertson was wrongfully terminated by his employer for his right to free speech and his religious freedom.
His employer A&E is subject to the laws of the United States in particular Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
SEC. 2000e-2.[Section 703]
(a) Employer practices
It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -
(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or
(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
No Christian will stand up and remove hatred of Atheists from the bible. Why? No balls & no honesty.
Jim

London, UK

#196792 Dec 28, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Valid observations.
Getting rid of the two party system seems an issue
Peace
Probability of god

Remains zero.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196793 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell then Eagle, Your father is Atheist. Do you agree with Buck Crick calling your Father a Communist / Stalinist?
Will you defend your faither or your faith?
My Father passed away in 2004 but six months before he died he turned away from Atheism and died a Christian.

He was a dedicated Atheist nearly all of his adult life. He didn’t fall into the militant category. He was kind and respected people of faith. Also he was anti-communist and fought for the United States during the Korean conflict.

I do believe there are Militant Atheist that do lean more to communism. And greatly desire to suppress our right to free speech and religious freedom. Something my Father would have been totally against.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#196794 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
Some Creationists have psychological issues with accepting Atheism. It results in bitterness and trollery.
Dave is bitter about a variety of issues related to his damaged self-image, which manifests as an attempt to diminish the people he resents. Catcher finds him pathetic in the constructive sense of the word, which I admire in him.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#196795 Dec 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is bitter about a variety of issues related to his damaged self-image, which manifests as an attempt to diminish the people he resents. Catcher finds him pathetic in the constructive sense of the word, which I admire in him.
Thanks.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#196796 Dec 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil Robertson was wrongfully terminated by his employer for his right to free speech and his religious freedom.
His employer A&E is subject to the laws of the United States in particular Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
SEC. 2000e-2.[Section 703]
(a) Employer practices
It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -
(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or
(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Duckman wasn't fired for being a Christian. The rest of his family are presumably Christians as well, and they weren't fired.
LCNin

United States

#196797 Dec 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My Father passed away in 2004 but six months before he died he turned away from Atheism and died a Christian.
He was a dedicated Atheist nearly all of his adult life. He didn’t fall into the militant category. He was kind and respected people of faith. Also he was anti-communist and fought for the United States during the Korean conflict.
I do believe there are Militant Atheist that do lean more to communism. And greatly desire to suppress our right to free speech and religious freedom. Something my Father would have been totally against.
Thanks for sharing this!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196798 Dec 28, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, the majority of people can still tell the difference between a University and a Bible College.
Sadly, most Bible College grads are too brainwashed to understand that they would have learned more facts at Clown College.
I’m going to jump in here and join forces with you to a point. If someone wants to go into the ministry, it’s best they get a degree from a reputable College or University. They should try to achieve a business or psychology degree.

I think Theology Degree’s have been cheapened by the grand sum of Doctoral degree’s passed out to anyone who sends off for them. So the recipient can have the title “Dr.” added to their name which is a joke. A real Doctor can save your life or save your teeth.

Of course there are many various disciplines of PhD’s which I believe are honorable. But personally I don’t have respect for Doctorate Degrees in Theology. A lot of these characters that have the Doctorate Theology Degree’s didn’t even finish High School and have a six grade education level.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 46 min Quirky 47,377
Budha Prolly Went To He11 59 min Smiley 7
World Infection: Sexual Allegations Organizer =... 1 hr Hitler is dead 1
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 1 hr HalloChristmasWeen 2
Alabama 3 Women Arrested, 3000 Fraud Votes 1 hr TOLD U SO 2
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr Paul really is dead 498
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 2 hr ROB REGRET 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr PrettyGirl 990,750
More from around the web