Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#196585 Dec 27, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
The book is the word.
The sword is the word.
Bats are birds.
So the word is....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#196586 Dec 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Notwithstanding my difficulty articulating answers proficiently, Its a well known metaphor in the church. My little gideons bible is a switchblade. There are scripture that alludes to this, one particularly forboding reference is.....And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. If a person should anti process the word of God or come to a conclusion that its untrue or unacceptable the end result will not be pretty, unfortunately. Another is...Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. We know that Jesus eschewed violence and the sermon on the mount which you loathe, expressed much submission to aggressors. He rebuked Peter and healed the romans ear. THe sword or to say the word, is seen in action, being vehemently argued and analyzed and all manor of response till this day.
Interesting.

You might like this too.

"Whether you are looking for a symbol of strength or a symbol of balance it should be clear the sword encapsulates a myriad of meanings from which to choose. Invest the time to meditate upon the philosophical depths of the sword - discover your own personal meanings of this object."

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/sword-symbolis...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#196587 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are impossible to reason with.
You sure you're not a fundie?
Congratulations.

You did it.

You managed to drag me to your idiot level, and you have defeated me with your ample experience.

Again, my congratulations.

Now go hit your wife.

Maybe then you'll have a valid point: Her nose will be broke.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#196588 Dec 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Congratulations.
You did it.
You managed to drag me to your idiot level, and you have defeated me with your ample experience.
Now go hit your wife.
You are advocating and suggesting violence.

You're a creep.

Wanna hang out?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#196589 Dec 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why do you suppose that in every instance where he has a choice, your god chooses to emulate a nonexistent god? That is, whenever he has a chance to show that he exists by doing something that wouldn't happen were there no god, he elects to do what would happen were there no god. Besides letting his church fragment and decay, he hides from us. leaving no evidence of his presence even where we might expect to find it.
He lets us exert free will. He lets us blaspheme him. He fails to perform miracles when they are being looked for in controlled studies.He writes a bible full of errors. He allowed somebody to fill the earth with fossils consistent with a naturalistic history of life on earth.
In instance after instance, this god that so desperately wants to be know, loved, obeyed, and worshiped takes the path that makes him indistinguishable from nothingness.
Why do you suppose that is?
Our earth time is only around 25 thousand days, you make conclusions without the eternity factor. Hes hiding his face until the appointed time, on his terms not ours. Hes not so desperate as you think . The earth and all that is therein is considered as nothing. The planet and all of us are like a writer throwing a sheet of paper in the trash. Gold is refined by fire. Gold is a rare element. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Your calculations of those who are banished may well be true. Alas we are a puff of smoke.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#196590 Dec 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Notwithstanding my difficulty articulating answers proficiently, Its a well known metaphor in the church. My little gideons bible is a switchblade. There are scripture that alludes to this, one particularly forboding reference is.....And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. If a person should anti process the word of God or come to a conclusion that its untrue or unacceptable the end result will not be pretty, unfortunately. Another is...Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. We know that Jesus eschewed violence and the sermon on the mount which you loathe, expressed much submission to aggressors. He rebuked Peter and healed the romans ear. THe sword or to say the word, is seen in action, being vehemently argued and analyzed and all manor of response till this day.
True. Case in point: A guy that happens to be on tv spoke the word of God and many people are coming unglued. The cable network that carries the show suspended him, a major restaurant chain that sold merchandise associated with the show pulled it than reinstated it and many news stories have carried this. Why? Because he spoke that word of God that the word to this day is in strong opposition to. Nothing new under the sun.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#196591 Dec 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations.
You did it.
Now go hit your wife.
Sill full of crap I see.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#196592 Dec 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations.
You did it.
Now go hit your wife.
Bwhahahaha Catcher , im disappointed. Leave RR alone, mess with Buck, you can do it,cant ya?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#196593 Dec 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
Bwhahahaha Catcher , im disappointed. Leave RR alone, mess with Buck, you can do it,cant ya?
He has fantasies about smacking my wife.

And she hasn't even pissed him off yet.

Damn them SoCal atheists....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#196594 Dec 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=ZThquH5t0owXX
Lol. Bingo!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#196595 Dec 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your tendency toward rational and intellectual thought over the last few months is going to endanger your acceptance among the Topix atheist crowd you have been hanging with.
"It's easy to be influenced by authority figures; they tell you exactly what to think, do and say. Unfortunately, this does not provide knowledge of the inner self .."
Once you truly understand how that applies to even science beyond the applied sciences and its effects on the undeveloped Topix atheist mind your relationship with them will be negatively impacted due to their inability to communicate on that intellectual level.
Then you can work on your own self and ego, and put them in perspective in the grander scheme of things. Which will make you stronger in that larger scheme of things as you will start to understand leverage better.
Your physical mind and what it thinks it "knows" is not the "true" self. It is just an interface that can confuse. It is what you "feel" that gets you through this. There is no guarantee that the termination of this experience will "enlighten" you as the knowledge and thinking you develop will evaporate. However, the experience can shape your dealing with the next jungle you wind up in.
One of the weaknesses of our material existence is expecting revelations of what it was all about when it is over. The "natural" progression is just a progression. Here today, someplace else tomorrow. The "now" never ends. But where you are at changes. Helps keep boredom at bay.
Topix atheists and their training can't see past this swirl of EM.:-) They are trained to think it is the causation in and of itself, and not a result of creation and construction. It is what they are made of, therefore that is all there is. They lack the ability to "touch" that which was responsible for their sense of existence, although it is there and omnipresent. Fish probably don't give much thought to the water they live in, it is just there. But they find it is difficult to function when removed from it.
Or something like that.
.. to me, Abrahamic religions promote a prejudicial, fear based belief system that have, and continues, to do incalculable damage to people and society ..

.. when Christians try to justify and defend the numerous conflicts in the bible, it's unadulterated mental masturbation. Instead of 'feeling' their god, they are 'thinking' their God. That's not authentic spirituality because the intellect is unable to grasp the spiritual ..

.. lose my allies? Which ones? Catcher & AIN or Buck & RR ??..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#196596 Dec 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:

.. to me, Abrahamic religions promote a prejudicial, fear based belief system that have, and continues, to do incalculable damage to people and society ..
.. when Christians try to justify and defend the numerous conflicts in the bible, it's unadulterated mental masturbation. Instead of 'feeling' their god, they are 'thinking' their God. That's not authentic spirituality because the intellect is unable to grasp the spiritual ..
Lose RR?!

o.O

Does not compute.

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#196597 Dec 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't arguing with you on that.

Catcher and IANS and a few other Topix atheists on the high ego and low IQ scale. They probably already resent your intellect, but atheist solidarity, you know? Don't trust them.

With Established Harem

#196598 Dec 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Case in point: A guy that happens to be on tv spoke the word of God and many people are coming unglued. The cable network that carries the show suspended him, a major restaurant chain that sold merchandise associated with the show pulled it than reinstated it and many news stories have carried this. Why? Because he spoke that word of God that the word to this day is in strong opposition to. Nothing new under the sun.
.. the Duckman voiced his prejudice ..

With Established Harem

#196600 Dec 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't arguing with you on that.
Catcher and IANS and a few other Topix atheists on the high ego and low IQ scale. They probably already resent your intellect, but atheist solidarity, you know? Don't trust them.
.. I trust them both. Implicitly ..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#196601 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
BenAdam wrote:
ROFLMAO
Leprechauns make shoes ?
<quoted text>
I guess they didn't teach him that in all his 387 years of college....
I learned the difference between elves and leprechauns before I was ten years old.

You still can't figure out the difference between Jesus and God.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#196602 Dec 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:

I learned the difference between elves and leprechauns before I was ten years old.
But you didn't know leprechauns make shoes...

Go figure.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#196603 Dec 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. the Duckman voiced his prejudice ..
Plato considered public dialogue an important part of a democratic society.

Shunning Robertsons opinions is not supporting tolerance, it's silencing what isn't considered by some to be "proper" thoughts of sins.

Liberals pride themselves on tolerance of competing viewpoints and are usually set back when employers punish employees for free speech and free thought.

It's a nice thought but it's a shame those values only extend to people liberals agree with.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#196604 Dec 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. I trust them both. Implicitly ..
The left one hangs lower than the right one.

Seems strange.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#196605 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are advocating and suggesting violence.
You're a creep.
Wanna hang out?
I'm not advocating violence.

I'm peaceful.

You're the wife and baby hitter, and should get help.

And no thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Trumpler 983,122
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min Haggard Victim ou... 16,425
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min Michael 683,809
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 1 hr Mirrormirorwall 21
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 2 hr Awesome Facts 33,213
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 3 hr Doctor REALITY 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
More from around the web