Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#195822 Dec 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I lose my shiny pens to both of them.
Quoth the Raven; In the lower left drawer...

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#195825 Dec 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was an Atheist and cult leader. With Atheist churches starting up all over the world. We may see some more Kool-aid lines.
So get in line homey and don’t let anyone cut in front of you.
You're way over matched here, Eagle.

You don't have a leg to stand on, so to speak.

The Disney thread is still rockin.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#195827 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
It's interesting to note what a good catholic up bringing will produce.
How did a seminary student become so influential?
Background
Josef Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili, Ioseb Besarionis Dze Jughashvili; Russian: Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili)(December 18 1878 – March 5, 1953), better known by his adopted name, Joseph Stalin , Iosif Stalin; stalin meaning "made of steel".
Josef was born to influential Catholic parents Vissarion "Beso" Dzhugashvili and Ekaterina "Keke" Geladze. His father Beso was a successful and relatively wealthy local businessman. However, in later biographies, he is variously described as poor, dirt poor and a violent alcoholic.
Whatever the real truth, Josef was accepted into the Catholic Cappuchin run school at Gori. He graduated in 1892 first in his class and at the age of 14 he was accepted to enter the "Orthodox" Seminary of Tiflis (Tbilisi, Georgia), a Jesuit institution to be trained as a Jesuit priest.
In spite of contrary history written about the Jesuit run Seminary, the Jesuits remained in Russian territory after the order was banned by Alexander I in 1820, maintaining control of several institutions, including the Seminary of Tiflis.
Stalin himself openly admitted the Jesuit control of the institution in his famous interview with Jewish Journalist Emil Ludwig (Cohen):
Ludwig: What impelled you to become an oppositionist? Was it, perhaps, bad treatment by your parents? Stalin: No. My parents were uneducated, but they did not treat me badly by any means. But it was a different matter at the Orthodox theological seminary which I was then attending. In protest against the outrageous regime and the Jesuitical methods prevalent at the seminary, I was ready to become, and actually did become, a revolutionary, a believer in Marxism as a really revolutionary teaching. Ludwig: But do you not admit that the Jesuits have good points? Stalin: Yes, they are systematic and persevering in working to achieve sordid ends. Hut their principal method is spying, prying, worming their way into people's souls and outraging their feelings. What good can there be in that? For instance, the spying in the hostel. At nine o'clock the bell rings for morning tea, we go to the dining-room, and when we return to our rooms we find that meantime a search has been made and all our chests have been ransacked.... What good point can there be in that?
While accounts of his time at Tiflis have been changed many times, it is universally accepted that Stalin was the star pupils of the Seminary. As a result, the events of 1899 remain shrouded in mystery.
In the final week of his studies, having completed seven (7) years as the star pupil of the Jesuits, Stalin is variously claimed to have quit or been expelled. Neither account, adequately explains how a seminary student of seven years, suddenly appeared influential and active in coordinating the Georgian Social-Democratic movement less than 12 months later - an achievement that could not possibly have happened without substantial support.
http://one-evil.org/content/people_20c_stalin...
1 Samuel 15:3 - Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
- Slay means murder death kill. The holey babble is full of murder death kill, what a lovely book to read to and make children read, wonder if they go to bed at night, thinking about killing, the alleged god's book encourages it.
Do some reading Bucky duck, it won't hurt you, nor will thinking.
That was well-researched. You might have what it takes to be a biographer.
Nothing explains exactly what makes people what they are, a monster in Stalin's case. But there was no doubt religion had an influence in his life.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#195831 Dec 24, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Odd response. Tell it to the FBI per my link. Your private parts were not the subject of discussion. Why would you think i have any interest in your private parts? It wasn't even on the radar when i typed out that response directed at RR. Weird. Its not all about you.
What makes you think my parts are private?

Like I said, what I do with my vagina is my business.

If you don't look, you won't see it.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#195834 Dec 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if a person has a gay identity, homosexuality is normal, heterosexuality abnormal ..
.. embarrassed? Is that a ploy to invoke shame? If so, it's not going to work ..
.. historically, homosexuals have been bullied, imprisoned, tortured and killed ..
.. in Africa, it continues thanks to the efforts of Evangelical Christians. In Muslim countries, it's always been this way thanks to a few scriptures in the bible and Koran ..
.. no RR, it's not about embarrassment, it's about fear ..
I wish I could tell you that at least those days are over. Today Oscar Wilde would not be jailed, but I'm afraid his Ugandan counterparts will now.
:-(

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#195835 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>--The atheist body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead. This is 3 times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century.

--The historical record of killing for atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst year.

--There is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules.

--Atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.
Are you going to back up any of these claims?

I'm nowhere near done yet Bucky duck, wipe your chin please.

Location hidden

#195836 Dec 24, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>That was well-researched. You might have what it takes to be a biographer.
Nothing explains exactly what makes people what they are, a monster in Stalin's case. But there was no doubt religion had an influence in his life.
It influence's everyone's lives, hey thanks!

Happy hols Rosa :)

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#195838 Dec 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoth the Raven; In the lower left drawer...
Quoth the River; Nevermore

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#195839 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are living proof that atheists get their history from restroom walls.
Snark doesn't trump fact. Unless you're saying the Pilgrims/Catholics/Quakers/Men nonites/Lutherans that fled persecution in Europe left grafftti on their outhouse walls? Then I guess you'd be right.......

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#195840 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
--The atheist body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead. This is 3 times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century.
--The historical record of killing for atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst year.
--There is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules.
--Atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.
Now you're quoting Conservapedia and Creation.com .

It's no wonder people think you're a creationist Christian.

You might as well be walking around with a manger scene hat, wearing a Jesus! earring, some bloody sandals and a t-shirt that has - "I can't believe me and the Jesus! ate the whole Last Supper" - airbrushed across the front.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#195841 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
--The atheist body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead. This is 3 times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century.
You make up numbers and words quite well.
Let us know when you learn what facts and honesty are.

What do Christians call "The Father of Lies " ?
You worship it well.well.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#195842 Dec 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not deny that pedophilia is a serious problem.
My question is this: if, your bible was actually **useful** at imparting correct moral lessons?
Should we not see a **marked** decline in pedophilia among those who follow your bible?
What we **do** see, instead, is the exact **opposite**.
We see a marked **increase** in the number of pedophiles among the **religious** organizations when compared to the **secular** ones.
Proving once and for all, that the bible is **useless** as a "moral guide".
Atheism does nothing to help or promote good moral values. Nothing, zilch. So lets start from right there.

Even among Jesus 12 disciples one was a traitor. All pedophiles have that same unique trait. They betray their victims and all those family members that had trusted them. Pedophiles always violate trust.

The church was never immune from false prophets and teachers as we see in 2 Peter 2: 1-4

In Matthew the 7th chapter we are told to watch for wolves in sheep’s clothing. What Sir is a Pedophile? One who is disguised as someone trustworthy but is just the opposite. A wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Also in Matthew it says we will know them by their works or fruit. If they are evil they will bring forth evil fruit.

Matthew 7:15-20
King James Version (KJV)
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2 Peter 2
King James Version (KJV)
2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

2 Timothy 3:4

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#195843 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the takeaway in your quest here? "Come to Christianity - We Kill Less People"?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#195844 Dec 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Uganda has a special place in the hearts of Evangelical Christians, members of your tribe ..
.. the 'kill the gays' bill failed because of the international community. Has the Christian Community condemned life imprisonment of homosexuals in Uganda? If so, which tribe ??..
I'm thinking of trying Amnesty. They're sure to have some campaign.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#195845 Dec 24, 2013
One thing Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot had in common was being raised as devout Catholics. Hitler never denounced his belief in god and neither did Pol Pot.

Only Stalin was a genuine atheists.
The Ukrainian genocide had nothing to do with religion but politics. The White Russians were seen as traitors.

There have been (and are) very few Atheist world leaders.

BTW, non-religious is NOT atheism.

Location hidden

#195846 Dec 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're quoting Conservapedia and Creation.com .

It's no wonder people think you're a creationist Christian.

You might as well be walking around with a manger scene hat, wearing a Jesus! earring, some bloody sandals and a t-shirt that has - "I can't believe me and the Jesus! ate the whole Last Supper" - airbrushed across the front.
LMFAO!!

Location hidden

#195847 Dec 24, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>What's the takeaway in your quest here? "Come to Christianity - We Kill Less People"?
It's more like, "I hate my own religion so will make up some stuffs". Lol.

Location hidden

#195848 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>--The atheist body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead. This is 3 times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century.

Polly want an invisible cracker?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#195849 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Well, as promised, we are going to have a little history lesson on the death toll created by religion.
Unlike you Atheist who turn a blind eye to all the deaths by Communist Atheist.

I will not deny there have been deaths due to religion.

Now these numbers you are quoting is in question because I doubt anyone could count that high in those days.

Probably when they reported deaths on the battlefield it was like this:

General:“How many died?”

Corporal:“A sh*t load General.”

General:“A whole sh*t load? Or shy of a sh*t load or over a sh*t load?”

Corporal:“It was a sh*t load General. Just a sh*t load.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#195850 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Leader Stalin.
Shall I ready the troops?
She'll need a fake moustache for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min TrumpTheRetard 41,596
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 50 min Paul is dead 539
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 1 hr Paul is dead 97
God......do You enjoy wacthing me SUFFER?? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Would the world have been better off...without ... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 3 hr Paul is dead 53
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 5 hr Johnny 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Tellthetruth 989,669
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 hr guest 690,311
More from around the web