Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#194932 Dec 21, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Is that more loving Christianity on display?
More of a factual observation. You are damaged goods.
It is very loving of you to mock my childhood, my parents were very respected members of the catholicchristian community, I'm sure what happened was my fault, a rotten child, thank you.
I am only going by the results and the way things are today. I know about Christianity but the jury is out on whether i am actually Christian in the practicing sort of way It is you who confess the sins of your parents on a public board.[tacky] Why not confess your own sins as opposed to the alleged sins of your parents? My back gets up when my kin is threatened along with the children of other families you openly admit you would like to beat because they are not homosexuals. Oh you are a shining example for the atheists. A real piece of work.
If it makes you feel better about your filthy religion to call me hateful and dysfunctional, go right ahead,
You are hateful and dysfunctional. You need help and that does not necessarily make me feel better. Although i think i better understand you now, assuming you are telling the truth.
it won't change the facts and trolls never succeed at shutting me up or even at mildly irritating me, I just love it when you expose your true nature and give me a platform.
Thanks a bunch :)
Just keep rapping on for the clown wing of the atheist movement or whatever it is. Glad your not on my side. You would think ill of me no matter what i posted. You make reckless statements about beating other peoples children because they are not homosexual and you get what you deserve. Glad all atheists are not like you. Here is a song for you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#194933 Dec 22, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>More of a factual observation. You are damaged goods.
[QUOTE] It is very loving of you to mock my childhood, my parents were very respected members of the catholicchristian community, I'm sure what happened was my fault, a rotten child, thank you. "

I am only going by the results and the way things are today. I know about Christianity but the jury is out on whether i am actually Christian in the practicing sort of way It is you who confess the sins of your parents on a public board.[tacky] Why not confess your own sins as opposed to the alleged sins of your parents? My back gets up when my kin is threatened along with the children of other families you openly admit you would like to beat because they are not homosexuals. Oh you are a shining example for the atheists. A real piece of work.
[QUOTE] If it makes you feel better about your filthy religion to call me hateful and dysfunctional, go right ahead, "

You are hateful and dysfunctional. You need help and that does not necessarily make me feel better. Although i think i better understand you now, assuming you are telling the truth.[QUOTE] it won't change the facts and trolls never succeed at shutting me up or even at mildly irritating me, I just love it when you expose your true nature and give me a platform.
Thanks a bunch :)"

Just keep rapping on for the clown wing of the atheist movement or whatever it is. Glad your not on my side. You would think ill of me no matter what i posted. You make reckless statements about beating other peoples children because they are not homosexual and you get what you deserve. Glad all atheists are not like you. Here is a song for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jmeqFqAi-CEXX
Obviously you have a problem with reading and comprehension.

I have never beaten a child or set anyone on fire, I'll leave such things to you loving christian religitards, it's your thing.

Your alleged god loves it, it's all there in the babble. I don't expect you to understand.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#194934 Dec 22, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> More of a factual observation. You are damaged goods.
<quoted text> I am only going by the results and the way things are today. I know about Christianity but the jury is out on whether i am actually Christian in the practicing sort of way It is you who confess the sins of your parents on a public board.[tacky] Why not confess your own sins as opposed to the alleged sins of your parents? My back gets up when my kin is threatened along with the children of other families you openly admit you would like to beat because they are not homosexuals. Oh you are a shining example for the atheists. A real piece of work.
<quoted text> You are hateful and dysfunctional. You need help and that does not necessarily make me feel better. Although i think i better understand you now, assuming you are telling the truth. <quoted text> Just keep rapping on for the clown wing of the atheist movement or whatever it is. Glad your not on my side. You would think ill of me no matter what i posted. You make reckless statements about beating other peoples children because they are not homosexual and you get what you deserve. Glad all atheists are not like you. Here is a song for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jmeqFqAi-CEXX
Somebody is mad.

Is it U?

Location hidden

#194935 Dec 22, 2013
It's interesting to note how a religious person will take offense to the mere suggestion of a christian receiving part of the same kind of treatment they have dished out for the past 2000 years.

Yet, no offense or even acknowledgement is displayed at the fact that christians have beaten children for being gay, have raped family members, have been unfaithful in and out of marriage, have burned people alive for not accepting their religion and have raped and otherwise sexually abused children, amongst many other atrocities including genocide.

All that seems to be ok, of course it it's ok, they did it all in the holey babble and they can keep doing it because they are religious, whoa betide anyone who makes these observations, the great thing about seeing such appalling reactions is that you get to see the reality of christendom, vipers, the lot.

Then they go around blessing each other and offering to talk to themselves to provide comfort. Ain't it beautiful?

Location hidden

#194936 Dec 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody is mad.
Is it U?
I think it's possible.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#194937 Dec 22, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's possible.
Is it really summer there?

I was in Sydney once but I was 10. My parents went out and left me in the hotel with my bodyguard. He wasn't my bodyguard very long.

I said, "Can I see your gun?"

He said, "No"

I said, "Would you like to see your gun?"

He looked and called me a little bitch.

I said, "That's not really wise when I have your gun, is it?"

I blame it on my parents. They didn't tell him about me.

Location hidden

#194938 Dec 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it really summer there?
I was in Sydney once but I was 10. My parents went out and left me in the hotel with my bodyguard. He wasn't my bodyguard very long.
I said, "Can I see your gun?"
He said, "No"
I said, "Would you like to see your gun?"
He looked and called me a little bitch.
I said, "That's not really wise when I have your gun, is it?"
I blame it on my parents. They didn't tell him about me.
Lol.

Yeah it's summer, I grew up in Sydney but now live in Queensland, near the top, where it's pretty much summer all the time but right now it's scorching.

We have a lot in common, you will become an even more magnificent woman, world needs more of those.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#194939 Dec 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Somebody is mad.
Is it U?
I'm still upset about that guy on Duck Tales who got fired.

Location hidden

#194940 Dec 22, 2013
Scrooge McDuck said this to Entrepreneur Magazine:

"The Days (Day Traders) have no respect for the traditional institutions of the financial sector. They're nothing more than gamblers and swindlers. They will not inherit the long term gains that come from responsible ownership, nor will they be invited to swim in my vault full of gold."

Location hidden

#194941 Dec 22, 2013

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194942 Dec 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you like men who wear girly Sailor Moon costumes with no panties underneath, sir?
I bet you do.
Do you keep the panties in your basement?
I bet you do.
The panties your mother laid out?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#194943 Dec 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0fyE6N4JQt0XX
I sold most of my gold 3 months ago.

"Sell all of my gold and put it into that Duck Dynasty thing".

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#194944 Dec 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The panties your mother laid out?
Have you seen my mother's panties?

Did my mother have sex with Meat Loaf?

Let me call my psychiatrist.

Hold on........

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#194945 Dec 22, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, pointing out facts is hardly bigotry and if life was fair we would be burning them on stakes or beating their children for not being gay.
Stating facts is nothing in comparison to what their church does to society, while they all go right along with it.
Your posts are more hate-filled than any Christian on these pages.

Here is a "fact" for you to incorporate in your broad brush of spite:

Paul Osteen is the brother of Joel Osteen, pastor of Lakewood Christian Church, the megachurch in Houston. He left his affluent surgery group practice to work in that ministry full time, and now spends 5 - 6 months out of the year doing surgery on children in Zimbabwe and Rhodesia.

You are quite unfair in your assessment.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#194946 Dec 22, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Yet, no offense or even acknowledgement is displayed at the fact that christians have beaten children for being gay, have raped family members, have been unfaithful in and out of marriage, have burned people alive for not accepting their religion and have raped and otherwise sexually abused children, amongst many other atrocities including genocide.
Atheism is responsible for more genocide than Christianity, or even all religions combined.

China under Mao Tse Tung, killed 26.3 million people. According the Walker Report, 63.7 million over the whole period of time of the Communist revolution in China.

The Soviet Union put to death 66.7 million people under Lenin and Stalin.

The atheist Pol Pott and the Khmer Rouge, in only 4 years, between April 17, 1975 and January 1979, killed 3 million Cambodians.

The Chinese at two different times in medieval history, killed somewhere in the vicinity of 35 million and 40 million people.

These regimes were either non-religious, anti-religious, and some who positively asserted atheism.

The witch trials in New England executed between 19 and 35 people.

Location hidden

#194947 Dec 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Your posts are more hate-filled than any Christian on these pages.

Here is a "fact" for you to incorporate in your broad brush of spite:

Paul Osteen is the brother of Joel Osteen, pastor of Lakewood Christian Church, the megachurch in Houston. He left his affluent surgery group practice to work in that ministry full time, and now spends 5 - 6 months out of the year doing surgery on children in Zimbabwe and Rhodesia.

You are quite unfair in your assessment.
Why? Because you can cite a pastor who might not be a liar and or a pedophile? I can cite more than one of those too, unfortunately, they're not even close to being the majority.

Of course you would think that stating facts about your religion makes me hateful but not the religion itself.

It's ok, you can think whatever you want about me, it doesn't change anything but it does show your approval of the church's dark history and that, is something.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#194948 Dec 22, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe as individuals but as a whole, every christian endorses this behavior, all over the world, simply by following and abiding by the very people who commit these hideous atrocities.
Then it's fair to say every atheist endorses the genocide of Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pott, Stalin, and Lenin.

You have a thousand times more deaths to answer for.

Atheism is a wicked belief, huh?

Location hidden

#194949 Dec 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is responsible for more genocide than Christianity, or even all religions combined.

China under Mao Tse Tung, killed 26.3 million people. According the Walker Report, 63.7 million over the whole period of time of the Communist revolution in China.

The Soviet Union put to death 66.7 million people under Lenin and Stalin.

The atheist Pol Pott and the Khmer Rouge, in only 4 years, between April 17, 1975 and January 1979, killed 3 million Cambodians.

The Chinese at two different times in medieval history, killed somewhere in the vicinity of 35 million and 40 million people.

These regimes were either non-religious, anti-religious, and some who positively asserted atheism.

The witch trials in New England executed between 19 and 35 people.
Your numbers are wrong so I have to assume you're being deceitful in order to take the focus off your religion or that you have not done your research properly.

The two biggest genocides in the history of mankind occurred to the Native Americans and the Jews.

Both christian induced madness.

You may want to take a closer look at world wide witch hunts (still happening), the crusades and Stalin's connection to the rcc. Or don't, this isn't about you and I don't care if you don't wish to be informed.

I don't endorse or defend any type of murder, genocide or war, regardless of whether religious or not but religion has the numbers by a thousand fold in every rotten thing that has ever occurred to humans, no amount of deflection will ever change that and by defending it you are showing consent.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice."

- Someone smarter than Buck.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#194950 Dec 22, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because you can cite a pastor who might not be a liar and or a pedophile? I can cite more than one of those too, unfortunately, they're not even close to being the majority.
Of course you would think that stating facts about your religion makes me hateful but not the religion itself.
It's ok, you can think whatever you want about me, it doesn't change anything but it does show your approval of the church's dark history and that, is something.
First, it is not my religion.

Second, you are lying when you claim "the majority" of pastors are pedophiles. Even if it were true, you don't know it as a fact. You talk through your ass.

Are you aware that pedophilia is disproportionately male on male, or homosexual?

How do you like that broad brush?

You are willing to lie to smear Christians. That diminishes legitimate criticisms you might offer.

Location hidden

#194951 Dec 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>First, it is not my religion.

Second, you are lying when you claim "the majority" of pastors are pedophiles. Even if it were true, you don't know it as a fact. You talk through your ass.

Are you aware that pedophilia is disproportionately male on male, or homosexual?

How do you like that broad brush?

You are willing to lie to smear Christians. That diminishes legitimate criticisms you might offer.
Interesting how you just made something up whilst calling me a liar.

What I've learnt is available to everyone, all over the world, you not liking it doesn't make it a lie.

Learn or don't, up to you.

*shrugs*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min PastorCatcher 985,723
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Just Think 685,908
Extra Fertility meds for sale: Gonal f and menopur (Sep '12) 4 min Karen 13
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 27,020
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 36 min Jake999 6,454
Mark Cubans Powerball winner to say "NO!!" 55 min Doctor REALITY 2
solar eclipse a sign of the growing foolishness... 1 hr Corvus 2
More from around the web