Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#194703 Dec 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the Duckman is now a Christian hero, a life model ..
.. the show's ratings will increase ..
.. what a clever ploy ..
So, do you have power windows? btw Im very tall

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#194704 Dec 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You forgot bestiality. It's a staple in slippery slope arguments.
Give it time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/09/us-m...

Since: Sep 08

Saguache, CO

#194705 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>What happens to em on the first day of spring and fall? Not a fan of winter but look forward to Dec 22 as the days grow longer second by second till next June!
Those would be the days when the solar radiation impacts the equator squarely, the more or less midpoint of the magnetosphere. Will affect the flux fields to a degree.

The solstices mark where it starts pushing, or pulling, the flux fields.

The actual perihelion is about January 3, though.

The direction of the solar wind warps the magnetosphere. Bow shock and direction of the magnetosphere tail. Changes direction of induced electricity in the upper crust at least.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#194706 Dec 21, 2013
If you hate a person's essential nature, you hate them.
Carchar king wrote:
Wrong, there's a big difference between hating people's nature and hating the actual person
So you only hate the person's essential nature, not their spleen or pancreas, for example. I'm sure that that is a great comfort.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#194707 Dec 21, 2013
Outrage wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Southern Boy,I'm in agreement with what u just said,your right about Hillary,but look at red nose cocaine Billy the Hope Arkansas Kid at the same time,both are a pos,don't give a rats ass,queers are perverts,that's the truth!Have a nice day you bunch of MORONS
Outrage?! That's jutht tho camp, dahhhling.

Fennario

#194708 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I'm talking about young people. 25 and under. I'm one of them.
I know the Christians don't understand the scope of this and I'm not sure that you do either. Young people are abandoning the the church. We know the problem but we'd rather let our parents and grandparents die with their beliefs before we let it fall. The foundation is propped up by our goodwill and respect.
What's not to understand?

I understand that for most of these people, faith is until the end, and they will not change. I don't expect any of the Topix Christians we post with, for example, to give up their faith.

Nor do we need them to change. We only need the young people to reject the church. Christian parents are producing non-Christian children at a rate far exceeding the opposite (Christians producing Christians and unbeliever producing unbelievers don't change the mix, just the cross-overs).

The story of the kids at the Christian school was heart warming. And those were the ones that are subjected to the most religious influence, undoubtedly at home as well given that their parents chose parochial schools for them. And what did they learn there? They learned a flesh a blood lesson about just who this Christian homophobia hurts. They saw Christian doctrine used to hurt a man they apparently loved and/or respected, and the injustice of that. They saw how unjust and unkind their parents' church really is.

Good.

Our Topix Christians give us an insight into what is happening out there from the believers' side. They don't seem to have any idea of the effect that they are having on uncommitted minds, they see themselves as spreading a loving message and being the victims of hate and prejudice for doing it.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#194709 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The math doesn't change, little one?
I don't think so.

Talk to Buck and RR. They have some radical thoughts about equality.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Walk down the road a mile in your shoes. Then walk down 20 miles. You will notice some more wear and tear, and a certain pacing you develop. Plus the need for things you are carrying.
Walk down the road a mile in my shoe.

Dave, have you seen my face? I can get a ride. It's like magic. I stick my thumb out and BOOM. I have to decide who I'm going to ride with. I have to live with that. It's not my fault.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You still got better playing. You wouldn't be playing in an orchestra if you didn't. I believe you have said you have done so.
I did get better technically. I play on the street, Dave. I'm very good. Drop a nickel if you can. I'm sayin. A one legged, Asian girl with a violin in front of Gillette Stadium? Yeah......

All the money I get, I give to good causes.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You absorb everything. You are a sharp cookie. You haven't discarded anything. As your perspective increases they will fit into your equations.
Never underestimate me, Dave.

Never give up on me, either.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is undoubtedly something very remarkable under that ice. But I will let younger and more cold tolerant dig it up. You know I don't have the mainstream view of earth and human history.
Is there a mainstream view of Earth?

To me Earth is like the little girl in South Korea when two bullets passed close and she said, "Fuckthat, I'm spinning out of here".
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Light and warmth is life. Gives you more energy to expend on doing things instead of husbanding what you have to just survive. THAT will become much more evident the older you get. One reason you get out of warm beds with a better attitude than a cold one. Very important to sleep warm as toast. The solstice also signals a change in the EM flow. Has to do with the direction of received radiation.:-)
OTay.

Fennario

#194710 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Ah yes, here is a good example of the love and tolerance.
Newsflash, Clearwater:

We don't love what you stand for, and have no duty to tolerate the intolerant.

"If you plant ice, you're going to harvest wind."
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#194711 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Newsflash, Clearwater:
I know, it's called sarcasm. Oh and back at ya, lol. As long as the very God you spend so much of your life mocking gives me breath I will oppose every word of the hate. Little things like waste of flesh or Christians are like air pollution. That was a winner from a coward that claims to love people.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#194712 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Those would be the days when the solar radiation impacts the equator squarely, the more or less midpoint of the magnetosphere. Will affect the flux fields to a degree.
The solstices mark where it starts pushing, or pulling, the flux fields.
The actual perihelion is about January 3, though.
The direction of the solar wind warps the magnetosphere. Bow shock and direction of the magnetosphere tail. Changes direction of induced electricity in the upper crust at least.
Thank you. When I get home I'd like to learn more on this.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#194713 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps. Some will support him religion not withstanding. Some actually stand up for the rights given to all.
The more I read and watch him, the more I like him.

He has the right to say stupid things. I have the right to like him. I don't think he cares about what A&E thinks. I like that.

Let's go kill a duck er two.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#194714 Dec 21, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Youll get your evidence, much to your chagrin.
Have you ever been to Hell, Bongo?

If you have, how did you escape?

If you haven't then STFU about it.

Which is it?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#194715 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Newsflash, Clearwater:
+ LOL. You are just full of self justification. Quoting Garcia. You must not believe in the 1st amendment. View the 1st amendment as tolerating the intolerant. Go the North Korea.

Fennario

#194716 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
You aren't even a third of your life yet, little one. A tiny, tiny fraction of your mature cognizant self has passed in your 20 years. You have a very long ways to go in your thinking. Keep an open mind.
Dude. You see yourself as some sort of elder statesman weathered with experience, but I'll bet she sees you differently. I'll bet she's looking at you and mourning her future already.

Saguache, CO

#194717 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so.
Talk to Buck and RR. They have some radical thoughts about equality.
<quoted text>
Walk down the road a mile in my shoe.
Dave, have you seen my face? I can get a ride. It's like magic. I stick my thumb out and BOOM. I have to decide who I'm going to ride with. I have to live with that. It's not my fault.
<quoted text>
I did get better technically. I play on the street, Dave. I'm very good. Drop a nickel if you can. I'm sayin. A one legged, Asian girl with a violin in front of Gillette Stadium? Yeah......
All the money I get, I give to good causes.
<quoted text>
Never underestimate me, Dave.
Never give up on me, either.
<quoted text>
Is there a mainstream view of Earth?
To me Earth is like the little girl in South Korea when two bullets passed close and she said, "Fuckthat, I'm spinning out of here".
<quoted text>
OTay.
Gillette Stadium? Is that in Boston? You live there?

I told you before that if Godzilla walked out of the ocean you would have a crowd of people there with spears instead of running just to protect you because you are precious. Confused and maybe a bit bitter, but precious. Coupled with your abilities that disability opens a life for you better than you would probably have had. You are special. Ask anyone on here and they haven't even seen you.

I have seen some really good street musicians in the FQ of New Orleans. Will never forget this one group of older guys who were definitely pros playing rock and country with a car battery powering their amp and all looking real derelict. But damn they were good. Used to be a younger guy around Jackson Square that rolled an upright piano out every morning on a dolly and he played barrelhouse as good as Mr. B. I even tipped him.

A mainstream view of Earth is like watching a pile of ants. You are one of them. Follow your own trail. Be the queen.

Fennario

#194718 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
So you have said before. Flash, you are wrong. You don't know what it's like to give up, start over. We do. That's our deal.
She understands human nature better than you do - something that zealous Christians typically don't understand. With faith, you just choose to believe what you want. and believe it - things like a ghost occupying you and changing your essential nature because you ask it to.

It doesn't work like that, as any evidence based thinker with some life experience can tell you. If your wife is wired as a lesbian or bisexual, she still fantasizes about women, no matter how hard she prays. If she doesn't, then her homosexual experiences were just experimentation that would have ended with or without religion.

Saguache, CO

#194719 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Dude. You see yourself as some sort of elder statesman weathered with experience, but I'll bet she sees you differently. I'll bet she's looking at you and mourning her future already.
Dood, you spent too much of your life looking and thinking through a haze of smoke.

Do you really think your judgements and pontificating carry any weight with others and myself?

A clue. If you think so, see a head doctor.

You are good for comic relief, sometimes.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#194720 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
What's not to understand?
I understand that for most of these people, faith is until the end, and they will not change. I don't expect any of the Topix Christians we post with, for example, to give up their faith.
Nor do we need them to change. We only need the young people to reject the church. Christian parents are producing non-Christian children at a rate far exceeding the opposite (Christians producing Christians and unbeliever producing unbelievers don't change the mix, just the cross-overs).
The story of the kids at the Christian school was heart warming. And those were the ones that are subjected to the most religious influence, undoubtedly at home as well given that their parents chose parochial schools for them. And what did they learn there? They learned a flesh a blood lesson about just who this Christian homophobia hurts. They saw Christian doctrine used to hurt a man they apparently loved and/or respected, and the injustice of that. They saw how unjust and unkind their parents' church really is.
Good.
Our Topix Christians give us an insight into what is happening out there from the believers' side. They don't seem to have any idea of the effect that they are having on uncommitted minds, they see themselves as spreading a loving message and being the victims of hate and prejudice for doing it.
You are or were a medical doctor.

I worked in a morgue.

I weighed Christians, Muslims, Rastafarians, Atheists, whatever.

It was a drug thing mostly.

Weigh them in and weigh them out. Large discrepancies should be noted and reported.

I was told to look for contraband.

I found the same amount of drugs in a body as I did a soul.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#194721 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been to Hell,
I remember as a youngster having to listen to Dean Martin and Bing Crosby albums all day long while i played. Does that count?

I didnt know why she just couldn't play:'The Ole Gray Mare" all day long.........

Saguache, CO

#194722 Dec 21, 2013
Although his eyes, ears, and fingers ain't quite so good anymore, old Dave's love affair with his Blackberry Pearl has to end. He has dropped it a few too many times. So he has ordered a Samsung Galaxy III S mini so maybe he can see better and he will be more careful where he keeps it on his person.

However, this android experience will be something new.

I hope it is a good phone to hear on. And that it is fairly rugged, no Blackberry butt, and has a feature where he can keep personal info like credit card numbers and PIN's handy but secure. And hopefully he can load ringtones and such from a computer or the memory dusk.

Anyone have experience with this phone?

I know there is a ton of apps available, but I don't need many. What I would really like though is one where I can track a girlfriend's husband's phone so we can be sure he is out of town driving that truck. Is there such an app?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 667,658
Get More Than 140 Paid-Up Courses For Free 3 min Stars273 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Lonestar 92,466
Here they are Linda Kay 7 min Shakez5756 2
i can't stop thinking about my step-cousin (Feb '13) 11 min Treat959 15
BASAKSEHIR BOSCH Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62 33 OYAKKE... 15 min Mintz3376 2
mom sex wale gudgao only real 19 min Lollypop1781 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 59 min trifecta1 979,343
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Lickz8951 183,615
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr truth 285,993
More from around the web