Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255857 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#194671 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
But this old dead man is getting a response from you.
Fancy that.
Low 8?
:-)
You aren't even a third of your life yet, little one. A tiny, tiny fraction of your mature cognizant self has passed in your 20 years. You have a very long ways to go in your thinking. Keep an open mind.
Mathematically you have me beat with digits. I only have 15 :)

You only know what I've told you about my 20 years. I've been on every continent except the one that's made of ice. You couldn't pay me enough to hop on that one.

Do you know what I like best about the winter solstice?

Since: Sep 08

Saguache, CO

#194672 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a very distinct difference between those people and me, Chris.
I'm a lesbian.
If she was a lesbian, she still is. If she wasn't a lesbian then she's lying.
She's lying to you either way. That's your deal.
At your age you just think you are. It is your reality for the time being.

Just like thinking you were a good little Christian girl and a variety of other things already. Now you think you are lesbian.

Action/reaction/action/reactio n>>>

You will understand when you grow up and get more settled.

Don't you just hate that trump card in this game of life?

:-)

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#194673 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>So you have said before. Flash, you are wrong. You don't know what it's like to give up, start over. We do. That's our deal.
Did you give up your heterosexuality? Did you start over as a homosexual?

Let me know when you do. Then I'll believe that your wife did the opposite.

She's lying to you or you're lying to me.

Either way, there is a lie. It's OK with me. I'm not a Christian.

Saguache, CO

#194674 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Mathematically you have me beat with digits. I only have 15 :)
You only know what I've told you about my 20 years. I've been on every continent except the one that's made of ice. You couldn't pay me enough to hop on that one.
Do you know what I like best about the winter solstice?
That math turns into observation and experience.

You do play your violin better than when you started, don't you?

You have been absorbing. Takes a good while to collate it all.

I didn't lose anything on that block of ice, either.

What do you like most about the winter solstice?

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#194675 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That math turns into observation and experience.
Math doesn't change, Dave.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You do play your violin better than when you started, don't you?
It depends on who is listening, doesn't it? My Dad and my music teacher have different opinions.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been absorbing. Takes a good while to collate it all.
I absorb what I need. I discard the rest whether it's collated or not.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't lose anything on that block of ice, either.
There is something there. China wouldn't be there if there wasn't. It's just too cold for me. I'll wait in the Bahamas.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you like most about the winter solstice?
It means the Earth is still spinning Dave. It's also the shortest day of the year. I like that. It signals the upswing. I have something to look forward to. I mean, besides you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#194676 Dec 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
We each decide what those are, not your church, meaning that the dominant cultural viewpoint is determined by popular opinion.
Right and wrong is as objective as the laws of gravity. Opinion either conforms to reality or it does not. Sure popular opinion can call wrong right but not without eventual consequences. By the way, i am still waiting for your answer to my question regarding the two examples of slave revolt in the Old Testament. The first is easy.
Your church would like to authoritatively impose its read on us all, but absent a theocratic government to enforce that, it can't.
The church is far more concerned with those who attend church to stay away or reject the message of non believers. They create the issue by attempting to change society and part of the resistance comes from certain members of the church.
Most if us simply don't care what you think Jesus calls a sin,
Obviously. Most of the non believers here do not care about love mutual respect, tolerance, honesty because they are poisoned with hate and will only depict the church as an evil. Your great at that.
and it's ridiculous for Christians to think that we should,
We don't. Why should we?
or that we shouldn't respond when they wag their fingers.
You also wag your finger but you are dead wrong and your way leads only to destruction.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#194677 Dec 21, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't compare homosexuals to terrorists. He was including them with all sorts of sinners.
Murderers and people who default on debts are considered sinners, but that is not to compare a defaulter with a murderer.
Another thing. What did A+E expect they would get when they started a show with a bunch of rednecks in camoflage who hunt and go to church and pray at the end of each show?
I predict Phil will be reinstated in short order.
.. ratings Buck, ratings, free publicity is wonderful ..

.. A & E only 'suspended' the Pill and during the past few days they've showed reruns of DUCK DYNASTY every night ..

.. you're right. To the delight of Christians and an increased viewership, the Redneck will return. I call the controversy fake ..

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#194682 Dec 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Right and wrong is as objective as the laws of gravity. Opinion either conforms to reality or it does not. Sure popular opinion can call wrong right but not without eventual consequences. By the way, i am still waiting for your answer to my question regarding the two examples of slave revolt in the Old Testament. The first is easy. <quoted text> The church is far more concerned with those who attend church to stay away or reject the message of non believers. They create the issue by attempting to change society and part of the resistance comes from certain members of the church.
<quoted text> Obviously. Most of the non believers here do not care about love mutual respect, tolerance, honesty because they are poisoned with hate and will only depict the church as an evil. Your great at that. <quoted text> We don't. Why should we? <quoted text> You also wag your finger but you are dead wrong and your way leads only to destruction.
Holyshit Batgod.

With Established Harem

#194684 Dec 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was suspended for his religious views and his first amendment rights.
It’s ok for you to express your opinion but it’s not ok for him?
.. in 2012, Chick-Fil-A sales soared because of their opposition to gay marriage. It's called backlash ..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/chic...

.. A&E is ripping a page from their book ..

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#194685 Dec 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. A & E only 'suspended' the Pill and during the past few days they've showed reruns of DUCK DYNASTY every night ..
.. you're right. To the delight of Christians and an increased viewership, the Redneck will return. I call the controversy fake ..
Here is my favourite comment about Phil's rant taken from another website. Am I allowed to say that?

Name redacted

Ladies, be honest: would any of you let Phil put his penis into your vagina?

Name redacted

Not after what happened last time.

Saguache, CO

#194686 Dec 21, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep an open mind says the idiot who thinks hallucinating during a car acident means he's 'chosen by god'
You are quite the quivering mass of neurosis.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Sunburnt Country

#194690 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Then you support freedom of expression if it's a Christian expressing his beliefs, but not if it's an employer trying to protect his profitability from those beliefs if they offend his customers - is that correct? I doubt that you'll get much support for that except from other Christians.
<quoted text>
Apparently, neither are gay people. Nor are the Christians, if they can fight back.
<quoted text>
That's incorrect. I presume that the rest of his duck buddies are Christians as well, but they weren't fired.
<quoted text>
Why do you keep saying that his rights were violated? He was free to express himself when he did, and still is now.
If A&E has violated its agreement with the gentleman, he may prevail in.civil litigation. My guess is that the contract was likely written by the employer's attorneys, and gives it the right to terminate the relationship under certain circumstances that it feels would be damaging to it. If so, the man betrayed his employer's trust, and released it from its obligation.
I heard Ralph Reed chiming in on this issue on Anderson Cooper's show last night. It looks like a regular Bonfire of the Vanities brewing. Sarah Palin and Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal have also piled on. I see the possibility of this issue becoming a huge stink for a few weeks or months - or it could just die. The church will likely be best served by this issue going away, as I suspect that proceeding in this manner will further damage the church's public perception.
Let's see him make similar derogatory remarks about black fellas these days. Then see the little drongo try to claim victimhood when he gets given the boot.

This is the 21C and such bigotry should not be tolerated.

Saguache, CO

#194691 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Math doesn't change, Dave.
<quoted text>
It depends on who is listening, doesn't it? My Dad and my music teacher have different opinions.
<quoted text>
I absorb what I need. I discard the rest whether it's collated or not.
<quoted text>
There is something there. China wouldn't be there if there wasn't. It's just too cold for me. I'll wait in the Bahamas.
<quoted text>
It means the Earth is still spinning Dave. It's also the shortest day of the year. I like that. It signals the upswing. I have something to look forward to. I mean, besides you.
The math doesn't change, little one?

Walk down the road a mile in your shoes. Then walk down 20 miles. You will notice some more wear and tear, and a certain pacing you develop. Plus the need for things you are carrying.

You still got better playing. You wouldn't be playing in an orchestra if you didn't. I believe you have said you have done so.

You absorb everything. You are a sharp cookie. You haven't discarded anything. As your perspective increases they will fit into your equations.

There is undoubtedly something very remarkable under that ice. But I will let younger and more cold tolerant dig it up. You know I don't have the mainstream view of earth and human history.

Light and warmth is life. Gives you more energy to expend on doing things instead of husbanding what you have to just survive. THAT will become much more evident the older you get. One reason you get out of warm beds with a better attitude than a cold one. Very important to sleep warm as toast. The solstice also signals a change in the EM flow. Has to do with the direction of received radiation.:-)
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#194692 Dec 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Around the same time the CEO of Chick-fil-a gave his thoughts so did the President (I think?) of Amazon. His thinking was directly opposed and some Christians did call for a boycott of Amazon. This Christian that loves everyone's right to speak thinks its silly. Not a fan of duck any more than honey boo boo but everyone gets a say.

With Established Harem

#194693 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll be curious to see how our Christian friends on this thread react to this story.
I think the message that this and the Duckman thing are each sending is that the public doesn't approve of these Christian's treatment of gay people.
.. the Duckman is now a Christian hero, a life model ..

.. the show's ratings will increase ..

.. what a clever ploy ..

Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#194695 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The math doesn't change, little one?
Walk down the road a mile in your shoes. Then walk down 20 miles. You will notice some more wear and tear, and a certain pacing you develop. Plus the need for things you are carrying.
You still got better playing. You wouldn't be playing in an orchestra if you didn't. I believe you have said you have done so.
You absorb everything. You are a sharp cookie. You haven't discarded anything. As your perspective increases they will fit into your equations.
There is undoubtedly something very remarkable under that ice. But I will let younger and more cold tolerant dig it up. You know I don't have the mainstream view of earth and human history.
Light and warmth is life. Gives you more energy to expend on doing things instead of husbanding what you have to just survive. THAT will become much more evident the older you get. One reason you get out of warm beds with a better attitude than a cold one. Very important to sleep warm as toast. The solstice also signals a change in the EM flow. Has to do with the direction of received radiation.:-)
What happens to em on the first day of spring and fall? Not a fan of winter but look forward to Dec 22 as the days grow longer second by second till next June!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#194696 Dec 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
So you are in full agreement with living with a nuclear disaster? Just because the nuclear plant operator smoked pot before starting his shift? How about the nuclear plant operator taking a smoke break with cannabis about 30 minutes before there’s a complete meltdown? Are you willing to take a plane ride with the airline pilots high on cannabis? It wouldn’t bother you the mechanic who works and fuels up the aircraft is high on weed? How about the tractor trailer driver carrying 8,000 gallons of liquid propane gas rolling down the freeway at 70 mph smoking cannabis and you are in the car next to him? Or the engineer on a train going 80 mph around a curve with 85 rail cars of toxic chemicals through you town?
You forgot bestiality. It's a staple in slippery slope arguments.

On an unrelated note:

"Virgin Gregg Casarona felt the earth move the first time he had sex - unfortunately it was the masonry falling as his girlfriend's head bashed through the wall. Morbidly obese Gregg Casarona had been dating Jen Gerakaris for a month when they decided to sleep with each other. Unfortunately as 31 stone (434 lb) Casarona became Cassanova he failed to take into account the power behind his near quarter of a ton weight. As the amorous 21-year-old and his 8st girlfriend got intimate, her head went right through the wall behind them. Gregg said:“My initial reaction was,‘I killed her. This is my first time. And Jen is dead.'” Fortunately she saw the funny side and as he freed her head she quipped: "Why did you stop?"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/obese...

Oh and Happy Solstice. The precise time that our earth will be crossing the long axis of the orbital ellipse will be 11:11 central time today (17:11 in London/Greenwich, 12:11 in Boston/NY, and 9:11 in Riverside CA)- exactly 3 hours from now
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#194697 Dec 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the Duckman is now a Christian hero, a life model ..
.. the show's ratings will increase ..
.. what a clever ploy ..
Perhaps. Some will support him religion not withstanding. Some actually stand up for the rights given to all.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Sunburnt Country

#194698 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is my favourite comment about Phil's rant taken from another website. Am I allowed to say that?
Name redacted
Ladies, be honest: would any of you let Phil put his penis into your vagina?
Name redacted
Not after what happened last time.
Actually, River, I'll tell you exactly how I feel about the Duck Dynasty quacker. The more I see of men like him, the more I love sex toys.
:D

Saguache, CO

#194699 Dec 21, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious creationist liar up to his old essays again, while having no evidence for god.
Neurotic nutcase erupting in emotion again. Frustrated and bellicose because he can't see. People, rhinos, and other animals have similar issues. They snap at anything that approaches. Open your inner eye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aura Mytha 55,652
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Steve III 649,629
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 36 min AussieBobby 425
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crust 281,467
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa 106,051
TRUTH about illegal aliens (Aug '14) 4 hr Knock off purse s... 12
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 4 hr Knock off purse s... 36
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 9 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr Hangman 972,378
More from around the web