Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#194455 Dec 20, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Yes...you did bring up sin RR..
You made a statement that ...
"I'm wondering why people think that Christians focus so much attention on one sin when we don't. "

In that post you were saying that gays think that Christians focus on homosexuality.
Not true. Homosexuals vilify Christians. Some target them. Gays are trying to change things as far as marriage. They are creating the issues and Christians are a part of the opposition. It is wrong to lie to children by normalizing gay marriage. It is calling wrong right.
I pointed out that rarely do you "read"..."hear " Christians discussing premarital sex between heterosexuals. Which...if I remember correctly most Christians believe...or at least the Bible teaches...it is a sin.
We know that. Two wrongs do not make a right. Do you attend church? Youth Sunday school? It is strongly discouraged. Although it is hard for some youth to fight their biology. Especially if they are in love and have to wait. In Bible times females were married at an earlier age. Now they have to wait until 18.(generally) Perhaps in some states they can marry before 18 with parental permission. I don't know off hand.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#194456 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no talking snakes in the Bible.
Nope no talking snakes,when Pharaoh's magicians brought their snakes up to Moses,Moses through his staff down and consumed the magi's snakes,are was it the snake on the pole,nope that snake didn't talk either,Wait I know it must have been that old serpent satan,now he talked but Adams already knows that they are comrades.

“I want three words:”

Since: Dec 12

"Woman. Atheist. Anarchist."

#194457 Dec 20, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. Homosexuals vilify Christians. Some target them. Gays are trying to change things as far as marriage. They are creating the issues and Christians are a part of the opposition. It is wrong to lie to children by normalizing gay marriage. It is calling wrong right.
[QUOTE] I pointed out that rarely do you "read"..."hear " Christians discussing premarital sex between heterosexuals. Which...if I remember correctly most Christians believe...or at least the Bible teaches...it is a sin.
"

We know that. Two wrongs do not make a right. Do you attend church? Youth Sunday school? It is strongly discouraged. Although it is hard for some youth to fight their biology. Especially if they are in love and have to wait. In Bible times females were married at an earlier age. Now they have to wait until 18.(generally) Perhaps in some states they can marry before 18 with parental permission. I don't know off hand.
Gay marriage is wrong by whose standards?

If it's wrong to lie to children why are christians constantly doing it?

Your religious delusions should have no bearing on laws and one day, they no longer will.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#194458 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
"Homophobia" is a meaningless word fabricated for political purposes.
I think it's descriptive of a real phenomenon. We see evidence of it everywhere - including this thread - and that's how I decide matters like these. There is no evidence for souls, so I don't accept the notion. But I see plenty of evidence of gays being treated as inferior, so I accept that homophobia is real. That Phil dude and his words were real, right?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#194459 Dec 20, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religious delusions should have no bearing on laws and one day, they no longer will.
You are right about that,one day they no longer will,it's called the Rapture...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194460 Dec 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me God's phone number?
The Native Americans want to call him up and thank him for the Smallpox that came with the blankets.
Atheist donít talk to God. They only tells us what they would say if they did talk to God. Theyíre not brave enough to actually talk to him.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194461 Dec 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You lost me at that point.
Not unusual for ding bats.

Fennario

#194462 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
I agree, the Vatican and all Catholic churches should be seized, all assets sold, and all the proceeds given to the poor. The pedophilia is not their greatest atrocity. 2,000 years ago, some guy walked in and overturned tables and coins...saying something about a den of thieves.
I'd love to see the US or NATO give the Vatican an ultimatum to turn over the records on its priests immediately, or if refused, storm the place and take them by force. That's what would happen if any other entity was doing what the Roman Catholic Church was doing. That's what would happen to you and me.

But that will never happen to the Roman Catholic Church. Why? Religion gets a pass.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194463 Dec 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's descriptive of a real phenomenon. We see evidence of it everywhere - including this thread - and that's how I decide matters like these. There is no evidence for souls, so I don't accept the notion. But I see plenty of evidence of gays being treated as inferior, so I accept that homophobia is real. That Phil dude and his words were real, right?
That Phil dude is entitled to his opinion. He's done nothing to discriminate against gays, he just doesn't agree with the lifestyle.

"I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity."

-The Phil guy
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194464 Dec 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you object if their employers don't? That's who gets to decide when an employee has gone too far. And such a decision will generally be based on consideration of revenues. If the employer feels that the damage done to revenue by the comment made was smaller than the damage that would be done by firing the individual - i.e., if public support outweighs public outrage - then the employee is retained. That's a good thing, right?
<quoted text>
If he was fired, his employer probably agreed with you,
<quoted text>
Yes, the church taught him that same sex marriage could be compared to bestiality, and he repeated that opinion for a national magazine. He either didn't know that such words are considered deeply offensive and beyond the pale by a large and growing number of people, or else he didn't care.
Either way, he got what he wanted - to speak his piece - and those whom he offended got what they wanted - to send a message. Everybody should be happy about that. Let freedom ring.
The employer has an obligation not to discriminate any employee based on Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), which prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin;

Undue termination because a individual exercises their right to freedom of speech and freedom of religion is illegal. It will be up to Mr. Robertson if he wants to pursue legal action against A&E.

I hope he does take them to court for breach of contract and religious discrimination. A&E will fall like a house of cards before this is all over. A&E executives will be the ones standing in the unemployment line before this is over. Let freedom ring.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194465 Dec 20, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's wrong to lie to children why are Atheist constantly doing it?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194466 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The message they sent is that they won't tolerate opposing views.
It's their way or the highway.
Another message they have sent is they are above the law and can discriminate against Christians by undue termination which of course is illegal.

Fennario

#194467 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
I really don't care if you think I'm intelligent,
That's good.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194468 Dec 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Another message they have sent is they are above the law and can discriminate against Christians by undue termination which of course is illegal.
I wonder if Snookie said something about opposing views to Christians if she would've been kicked off the show.

Somehow I doubt it.

#194469 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>You are right about that,one day they no longer will,it's called the Rapture...
Good. Go be raptured. Many shall rejoice.

Although, I think it may have already happened, lots of half empty towns and abandoned cars abound, maybe you missed out, maybe all the delusionals left are actually daemons.

You lot still believe in daemons?

Being a slayer would be so cool. Thing is, there's no such thing. Bummer hey.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194470 Dec 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I had Hope once. She was HOT !!!
I dumped her for Grace.
She was hot alright because Hope is the burning embers of Faith. No wonder you dropped them both.

Instead you went for Disgrace and all her cousins, Degrade, Dishonor, Humiliate, Shame and Uglify.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194471 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if Snookie said something about opposing views to Christians if she would've been kicked off the show.
Somehow I doubt it.
Agreed.[tipping hat]

#194472 Dec 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist don’t talk to God. They only tells us what they would say if they did talk to God. They’re not brave enough to actually talk to him.
I talked to him plenty, at some point I realised I was just talking to myself. Like a crazy person. Being crazy is ok but trying to force others to be? I don't think so.

There's no bravery involved in talking to one's self, now admitting it? That might require bravery, like taking responsibility for one's actions.

I don't expect you to understand.

Fennario

#194473 Dec 20, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That is bigotry, IANS. I just want you to acknowledge that.
I disagree. To you, bigotry is. any negative opinion about Christianity. You also don't consider Christian homophobia or atheophobia bigotry.

#194474 Dec 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Not unusual for ding bats.
Ah, the christian insult. Did the jesus character teach you to mock people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min lightbeamrider 817,475
How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone wit... (May '13) 8 min EnideKosa 59
Umthondo omkhulu nekuku emanzi eKWT & EL 56 min Babe 3
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Stuart Cudahy 1,962
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr doug 97,974
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr cheer the f up 121,444
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr thetruth 9,226
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Aura Mytha 270,053
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Tony17 578,915
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr LAWEST100 609,821
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Roberta G 176,202
More from around the web