Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258478 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194533 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. You embarked on this line of comment by talking about potential shooting of people, not wild game.
Specifically, you responded to a comment about a Bible protecting people from gunfire.
And you said your Mauser would penetrate a 2-foot cedar, so, according to you, a Bible would be no help.
See why it's pointless to argue with you Topix moron atheists?
You'll lie and change your story on a dime. No hesitation.
I sense a "thanks once again" comeback from Benny.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194534 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
He didn't do that.
That's how the gossip train works.

You make a comment about your views on homosexuality or gay marriage and it escalates to you're a homophobe and compare homosexuals to terrorists.

Even when that isn't the truth, the truth don't matter on the gossip train.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#194535 Dec 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. You embarked on this line of comment by talking about potential shooting of people, not wild game.;;;;.
Are you sure you aren't a Christian, Buck ?

When did I ever mention shooting anyone ?

I mentioned the penetration of an 8MM bullet into wood and lead and you threatened to beat me with my own rifle.

You need to get out more. Join a hunting club maybe. Maybe you'll learn some survival skills and running is good exercise.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#194536 Dec 20, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor me. And I've been to many different Christian churches as well as other faiths. I was in a new age church this week as part of my work and did enjoy speaking to the pastor.
ROFLMAO

You're one of the biggest homophobes on Topix!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#194537 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer.
You've made the claim that there's a homophobic message put out there by Christians and their churches.
What is the message?
In a nutshell it goes like this: "Stop being a homo or burn in hell, homo!"

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#194538 Dec 20, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Nothing new under the sun. The ceo of a private co. was asked his thoughts on this some time back. He was asked and dared to give his thoughts. When he answered the shtf. They got the last laugh though. The intolerance of so many led to Chick-fil-a's busiest day on record. And they are older than the golden arches.
It was so successful, they're changing their name to Bigots, Birds, and Batter.

"Put this breast in your mouth or we'll stick a drumstick up your ass!"

They're also going to stop using the word "franchise" because it's sounds gay. Each location will now be known as an erection. They're already planning to extend several erections near you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#194539 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If don't believe he compared homosexuality to terrorism.
He compared it to beastiality and adultery because in his view, they're an equal sin.
In what way did that terrorize you, him speaking his mind?
Like comparing you to an inbred moron because both are imbeciles, right ? You're OK with that comparison, right ? No insult at all, right ?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194540 Dec 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you object if their employers don't? That's who gets to decide when an employee has gone too far. And such a decision will generally be based on consideration of revenues. If the employer feels that the damage done to revenue by the comment made was smaller than the damage that would be done by firing the individual - i.e., if public support outweighs public outrage - then the employee is retained. That's a good thing, right?
<quoted text>
If he was fired, his employer probably agreed with you,
<quoted text>
Yes, the church taught him that same sex marriage could be compared to bestiality, and he repeated that opinion for a national magazine. He either didn't know that such words are considered deeply offensive and beyond the pale by a large and growing number of people, or else he didn't care.
Either way, he got what he wanted - to speak his piece - and those whom he offended got what they wanted - to send a message. Everybody should be happy about that. Let freedom ring.
Unlike gay groups, those practicing bestiality didn't ask for him to be fired.

I respect that.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#194541 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be do naive to think that religious folks aren't discriminated against.
Look at the Phil guy.
Look what he's going through for simply voicing his opinion about breaking Biblical laws.
…and, of course, his comments about those happy go lucky blacks in the pre-civil rights era South.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#194542 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how the gossip train works.
You make a comment about your views on homosexuality or gay marriage and it escalates to you're a homophobe and compare homosexuals to terrorists.
Even when that isn't the truth, the truth don't matter on the gossip train.
You're not a homophobe. You can walk right up to them and insult them.

Location hidden

#194543 Dec 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally got service, I'm at the end of the world.
Back in California, huh?

“Miles from Nohweh”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#194544 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If don't believe he compared homosexuality to terrorism.
He compared it to beastiality and adultery because in his view, they're an equal sin.
In what way did that terrorize you, him speaking his mind?
"We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus — whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

He didn't terrorize me at all. He's free to think and say what he wants. A&E is free to fire him for that if they want. I would expect nothing less from him considering his pastor came out as saying he agreed with what Phil said. Students learn from their teachers.
LCNLin

United States

#194545 Dec 20, 2013
Some people need faith and others find comfort in atheism.
Hatred destroys the person hating as well as weakening society?
Happy Christmas

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194546 Dec 20, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yes just like our wonderful new prime minister, Tony Abscess.
Gahh.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194547 Dec 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I thought you said discriminatory.

He made comments to GQ about more than just homosexuals.

But on them, this is part of what he said.

"It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me."

What's disrespectful about that?!

He was also quoted saying:

"Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God."

So why is the big debate about homosexuals?

Adulterers are not just homosexuals.

Idolaters? Greedy? Drunks? Slanderers? Swindlers?

You could say he also slandered me, a drunk.

What do we do? Tie him up with duct tape so he can no longer voice his opinion?!

Where's the freedom in shutting up opposing viewpoints?

If you truly want freedom and equality, you have to be willing to accept all viewpoints, not just the ones you agree with.
I don't have to accept anything nor do I have the desire to duck tape anyone.

Views get responses, sorry you don't like the responses but that's not my problem.

It's yours.

Location hidden

#194548 Dec 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's descriptive of a real phenomenon. We see evidence of it everywhere - including this thread - and that's how I decide matters like these. There is no evidence for souls, so I don't accept the notion. But I see plenty of evidence of gays being treated as inferior, so I accept that homophobia is real. That Phil dude and his words were real, right?
The word, as concocted, could not possibly be describing treatment of gays as inferior.

It is a prefix and a suffix, one meaning "human, or same", the other meaning "irrational fear".

The prefix was chosen because it is found in "homosexual", so there is its identification.

The suffix was chosen because "phobia" connotes a negative, irrational quality.

Presto - a made-up word to serve as a partial shield from criticism.

It's not a word - it's a strategy.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194549 Dec 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have these signs on the road where you live? I see them all over.

S L O W

C H R I S T I A N S

P R A Y I N G
No. My condolences to you Tide.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#194550 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
I just dropped in to see what these nuts are saying,they are so crazy,like that Tam gal,bet she makes her mama proud,are how bout that nut lucifer witch chick,creepy pos,you people are scary,creepy,down right psychopaths,don't want to argue with the likes of people who look like they crawled out of a horror movie,you bunch of sick perverts!
You know what you remind me of?

You're like sewage after it's settled for several days. We can look down through your transparency to see that you're full of shit.

Thanks for stopping by!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194551 Dec 20, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>So did George W Bush, with all his wars. So did our idiot PM Howard who always acted like his little b*ch.

Esp when we know "god and country" simply meant oil...
Gold too.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#194552 Dec 20, 2013
Kit 56 wrote:
I just dropped in to see what these nuts are saying,they are so crazy,like that Tam gal,bet she makes her mama proud,are how bout that nut lucifer witch chick,creepy pos,you people are scary,creepy,down right psychopaths,don't want to argue with the likes of people who look like they crawled out of a horror movie,you bunch of sick perverts!
Yes, we know you're a creepy pos. We also know you just love watching us, which is also creepy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 673,407
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min trifecta1 981,407
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Lonestar 104,828
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 40 min East Coast Larry 2
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 42 min Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 55 min slick willie expl... 3
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 2 hr Pizza Delivery 2
More from around the web